An Adirondack Summer

Story Info
Amy is the catalyst for Dawn's awakening.
13.9k words
4.47
31.1k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LustyWolf
LustyWolf
254 Followers

Author's Notes:

I'd like to thank my editor, Kirk2004, for his expert editing and advice.

This is a work of fiction created purely by my imagination. Any resemblance to real persons is coincidental. All characters are over 18 years of age. The story contains incest, but only as part of a larger story. I hope you enjoy it. Ratings and comments are always welcome.

*

~ Amy and Dawn ~

Amy arrived at work ten minutes late, she'd been rushing around all day trying to get more in than the day would fit. Her first full day home from college for the summer was busy with the usual errands; shopping for sundries she'd need for her summer stay with Mom, cloths shopping for her summer job, and catching up with her old high school friends.

"You're late for your first day! Chuck's not going to like that," Joan, the barmaid, snapped at Amy as she rushed to put her purse away and set herself up for her first shift at the Black Bear Pub.

"Sorry, it's been a hectic day," Amy apologized.

"You don't need to apologize to me. Just don't let Chuck find ya com-in late is all," Joan said as she remained busy wiping the bar where a customer had just left.

"Yeah, I really need this job. I'm lucky Chuck has the hots for my mom. I called him from school on my 21st birthday, and he hired me on the spot, right there over the phone."

"Damn straight you're lucky. Better get here on time if you're plan-in on keeping it," Joan replied.

The Black Bear Pub was an old log building with a dark green roof, and a large gravel parking lot. It sat just outside of town on narrow mountain road. The knotty pine interior had an ancient varnished glow only time can give wood. A large stuffed black bear greeted customers as they entered the door. A long bar, usually studded with locals, stretched along the back wall and to the left. A moose head reigned over the bar, while a couple of subordinate deer heads flanked the walls over dinning stalls to the right. At the far left end, past the bar, a couple of pool tables lie in wait for the bored and restless. A back room, just past the pool tables, is used for large gatherings; banquets, meetings, and the occasional holiday party.

"Who's the gent at the end of the bar?" Amy asked Joan.

"Don't know. Some professor. He's been com-in here all week. Why don't you go ask him if he's do-in alright down there. This keg just kicked, I gotta get another from the cellar."

Amy saw something she liked in the man at the end of the bar, something she liked for her mother. Her adoptive mother Dawn had not had sex with a man since Amy's father died seven years ago. Amy, for the past four years, ever since she was eighteen, tried to get her mother to date again.

"There's no one I want to date in this town," Dawn would say. "They're all too rough around the edges, and they drink too much."

"Just hook up with someone here on vacation then," Amy would implore her mother many times over the years.

"I'm not going to entertain the idea of a one night stand," her mother would always reply.

Coming from a well bred New England background and living in a small mountain town in the Adirondack Mountains had been an adjustment for young Dawn. She met her husband while attending Mt. Holyoke college; he attended U Mass at Amherst. They married shortly after graduation, and just before Amy's father accepted a civil engineering job in the Adirondacks.

Dawn and her husband tried in vain for two years to get pregnant. After a battery of tests, it turned out Dawn was infertile. They adopted Amy soon afterwards.

When Amy was fourteen years old, her adoptive father passed away. He died on the job. While inspecting work on a bridge, a crane operator dropped a steal beam on his head.

Dawn entered a deep state of mourning. The loss of the love of her life was too much for her to bear. Her grief sucked the life out of her, and put her into a long social hibernation. During the first three years after her husband died, Dawn didn't go out of the house, except to grocery shop. She didn't work or socialize; she was a mess. After three years of intense mourning, she finally took a job as a clerk in the local town hall. Life resumed for Dawn, but she still couldn't bring herself to date anyone.

At 45 years old, Dawn was still a good looking woman. Her reddish brown hair had not grayed yet, and her youthful skin still hung on past its expiration date. All the local single men, and some not so single, hounded her to go out with them. Of the women within easy driving distance of this small Adirondack town, she was by far the most attractive. The local men didn't excite Dawn though, and she used that as an excuse to delay dating again.

Dawn was perpetually in mourning and perpetually horny. She often cried herself to sleep while masturbating. Amy heard her through the thin walls of their modest one story home. Amy heard moans and crying almost every night. She couldn't have known those moans were moans of ecstasy; she thought her mother's moans were moans of mourning. For years, it broke Amy's heart to hear her mother moaning and then crying in her bedroom. She thought her mother would eventually get over the death of her father, so she let her mother be during those nights she heard those sounds emanating from her mother's room.

Finally, she felt she needed to comfort her mother; the moaning had gone on too long, four years too long.

One night, shortly after her eighteenth birthday, when the moans coming from her mom's bedroom were particularly loud, Amy opened her mother's bedroom door and slipped in. Amy worked out a plan in her mind. She would move quickly, before her mother could protest, and slip quickly into bed with her mom to console her.

Her mother left a light on by her bedside table so she could read one of her X-rated romance novels. She used the erotic literature as an aid for masturbation.

When Amy entered the room, she didn't see that her mother was naked, with her legs splayed out wide, and one hand holding the X-rated romance novel. She also didn't see her mother's other hand holding a dildo and shoving it deep into her pussy. Amy focused only on following the plan in her head. She moved quickly from the door to her mother's bed. Her eyes focused on the task at hand, and not on what was really happening on her mother's bed.

Dawn didn't immediately see the door open, and by the time she did see Amy scurrying across the short distance between the door and her bed, she was speechlessly in shock.

Amy slipped onto her mother's bed. She slid up to Dawn's side and wrapped her arms around her.

"It's ok Mom; everything is going to be ok," she said, just as she had rehearsed it in her mind.

After a brief consoling hug, Amy's mind finally focused on the reality in her mother's bed.

"Mother! What are you doing? What...What...Jesus Mom...What The Fuck!" Amy cried in disbelief. She pulled back from the hug, but she remained on the bed.

It's not that Amy was a prude. As a lesbian and someone who masturbated often herself, she was well aware of what her mother was doing, once the image of it reached its way through all the preconceived images in her mind, those images of her mother moaning in mourning all these years.

Dawn, not one for hysterics, remained as she was, the X-rated romance novel in one hand, and her dildo in her other hand shoved deep in her pussy.

"I've always given you the privacy you deserve, Amy especially when you have Lisa over. Don't you think I don't know what goes on in your room!" Dawn said, continuing to pretend to read her book.

"Yes, Mom. I'm sorry. I should not have come in without knocking. I just thought you were always moaning and crying for Dad in here. I wanted to comfort you."

"Well, you're partly correct. As for the rest, a woman has her needs. I'm not doing anything you yourself haven't done."

"You're right, Mom, I'm sorry, it's just that you're my mother..."

"Your adoptive mother," Dawn interjected. She recently developed a habit of adding the adoptive adjective. Amy found her biological mother through a reunion registry, and while Dawn supported the contact, it did make her feel a little less special.

Amy decided her mother still needed consoling, but now that the light of reality had shown the moans for what they were, a different flavor of consoling crossed Amy's mind. She moved closer so that their bodies were touching. Amy moved her left hand to Dawn's left breast and started caressing her.

"Continue Mom, it's ok. I'm here for you."

Dawn, reluctant at first, continued to masturbate while Amy massaged her breasts and snuggled her head against her adoptive mother's neck. It comforted Dawn to have another human being touching her during sex, even if it was sex with herself. Dawn longed for that human touch. However, out of some sense of moral obligation to her dead husband, or simply the fear of starting a relationship with someone new, she made one excuse after another to avoid doing anything about it.

And so, that night started Dawn and Amy's special arrangement.

After that night, Dawn found it cold to masturbate alone. She contemplated asking Amy to come lie by her while she played with herself, like that fateful night; but she hesitated. She was her mother after all, her adoptive mother, but her mother nonetheless. Two weeks after that eventful night, Dawn was in a particularly depressed mood. It was the anniversary of her husband's death. That night, while masturbating, she felt especially vulnerable.

"Amy, can you come in here?" She yelled softly through the wall between their two bedrooms.

Amy heard her mother and got up and went into her room.

"What's wrong, Mom?"

"Nothing dear, come lie with me. Please."

Amy could see what her mother needed. She pulled her nightie off and was now as nude as her mom. She slipped in Dawn's bed and cuddled up the her. She moved her hands to her mother's body and started caressing her.

"Continue Mom," Amy said. Dawn commenced pleasuring herself with her dildo as Amy supplied the human touch she so desired.

From that point on, Dawn's masturbation sessions often included Amy. Amy's participation in her mother's masturbation grew slowly from simply touching and caressing to, over time, cunnilingus. Since Amy's level of participation grew over a long period of time, it seemed a natural progression for the two. If on that first night, when Amy went into her mother's room hearing what she thought were moans of mourning, if that first night Amy tried anything other than simply caressing Dawn's breasts, the two would have stopped; both too ashamed to go on. But since they advanced incrementally, each increment along a continuum from simply touching to cunnilingus, each increment was only a minor infraction from the last. Each line in the sand was a line that could be breached the next time. Oh, they knew it was wrong, even if Amy and Dawn weren't blood related. It simply didn't feel wrong to them.

~ Jack ~

"Everything ok down here? Can I get you anything?" Amy asked the gentleman at the end of the bar.

The professor was busy reading his book. Hearing a voice other than Joan's, he looked up and saw a barmaid he hadn't seen in the Black Bear heretofore.

"I'll have another beer," said the professor.

Amy poured him a beer, and, as she set the beer on the bar, said, "I'm Amy. I'm new here. This is my first night."

"Jack," the professor said.

"What brings you to the Black Bear?" Amy inquired.

"I'm spending the summer up here," Jack said.

His answer to her inquiry intrigued Amy. After four years of trying to get Dawn to date someone, Amy recently decided to change tack regarding her mother's dating prospects, or lack thereof. If her mother wouldn't entertain the idea of a one night stand with a vacationer, she might be willing to have a summer romance with one.

"What do you do that gives you the summers off?" Amy inquired.

"I'm a professor at a small college down state from here," Jack replied.

"Oh, which one?"

"Bard, have you heard of it?"

"Of course, good school," Amy said. "I just finished my junior year at U Mass."

"Good school also," Jack added.

"What does your wife say about you spending the summer alone up here?" Amy slyly snuck in to the conversation. She didn't see a ring on his finger, but perhaps he was one of those non-ring types she thought. Either way she was hoping he would open up about his status; perhaps a girlfriend was left back at Bard and would be joining him for the weekends.

"I haven't been married for fourteen years," is all Jack said. No mention of a girlfriend.

"Your girlfriend meeting you up here for the weekends then I suppose?" Amy prodded as she wiped the bar with the bar towel. She tried to appear only mildly interested when in fact she was very interested in his status.

'But how could such a catch be single,' Amy thought. 'Jack looks to be about the same age as Mom,' she thought.

To this point, she had only seen him sitting at the bar, but he appeared to be tall, lean and strong. His brown hair was full, and only graying a little at his temples. She saw his steal blue eyes as hauntingly beautiful. His face was ruggedly handsome with a strong angular jaw. Amy saw something comfortingly familiar in Jack's face. Jack looked like an outdoors-man, but not someone who made a living outdoors.

"I just broke up with my last girlfriend about three months ago," Jack said, adding the missing detail Amy was looking for.

Amy's heart jumped, but, she had to be careful not to appear as if she herself was applying for the job as his next girlfriend. How to work her mother into this conversation was her next quandary.

Amy had other customers she needed to tend to, and Joan started working her way down to Jack's end of the bar to see what was keeping Amy. Amy moved away from Jack and served some of the other customers. It was a slow night; the tourist season wasn't in full bloom yet. Soon the bar cleared of everyone except two locals jawing on about someone they thought was an asshole, and Jack reading his book at the other end.

Amy worked her way back down to Jack. "Need another beer down here?" she asked Jack, his head down reading his book.

"Yeah, why not, " Jack said as he marked his page and put his book down. "So, what are you majoring in at UMass?" he asked Amy.

'Oh good, he wants to talk,' Amy thought as she brought him another beer.

"Environmental Sciences," Amy said. "I hope to do something to help protect this beautiful place."

"You mean the Adirondack Park or the entire planet?" Jack asked.

"I'll start with the park," she said with a smile.

"Do you live in town?" asked Jack.

"Yeah, I live with my mother when I'm not at school. She's the prettiest woman in town, and she's single right now. I should hook you two up," Amy said to Jack with a big grin. She thought she found the opening she was looking for to introduce the idea of him meeting her mom; she was hoping she didn't come across as too forward.

"She can't be prettier than you," Jack said in a flirtatious tone. He wasn't seriously flirting with her, he was old enough to be her father, he thought. Jack wasn't into young things anymore. He learned his lesson on that front. When he was in his thirties, he dated several former students. It always started out very sexual, but then ended very badly. But he meant what he said. As he sat there looking at Amy, he noticed just what a beautiful young woman she was. He admired her red hair, it reminded him of his mother's hair; strawberry blond, but with a hint more red than usual for a strawberry blond. Her freckles enhanced her complexion, they were light and translucent. The sparkle of her blue eyes danced with the freckles on her face. She was slim, but with enough hip that her hips made a statement. Her breasts looked to be a C-cup, but with her slim waist they let you know they were there, pert and leading the way. Amy's body had that sexy mix between athletic fit and feminine soft.

Jack was thinking that if he was in his twenties again, he would most definitely make a play for her. He had no idea at this point Amy was a lesbian. She didn't wear her sexual orientation on her sleeve.

"Oh, my mother is way hotter than me," Amy's voice snapped Jack out of his day dream.

Jack looked at her doubtfully. At that moment, he couldn't imagine anyone hotter than Amy.

"I'm only here to fish, hike, read and write," Jack said.

"No women for you this summer then, Jack?" Amy asked

"I had my fill of women for a while. I'm here to take a break."

"What are you writing?"

"A novel, I hope. We'll see if it amounts to anything," Jack said as he opened his book again and started reading.

Amy was happy she made the first connection with Jack. She'd see him again tomorrow most likely. Joan said that he comes in every day. She would work on him some more tomorrow, she'd find a way to introduce him to her mom, she was confident of that.

Jack's desire was to sequester himself in the mountains for the summer to finish a novel he started many years ago but never seemed to find the time to finish. He had just completed a major research project while on sabbatical, and, since he wasn't teaching this past semester, he was able to get a jump on the summer break.

Over the past few years, Jack increasingly felt his life was unfulfilled, and there was something more than his hedonistic lifestyle to live for. Back when he was a grad student, he married a fellow grad student after he got her pregnant. Their intentions were to keep the child, but the realization that they both couldn't manage being parents and finish grad school hit soon after the baby was born. The baby was immediately put up for adoption. Jack plunged himself into his studies and his career, and he didn't think too much more about the child he gave up. His marriage broke up seven years later, and after that he plunged himself into a hedonistic life. He went on a dating binge. Hitting every female professor, and even some students, he could get his cock into. As each relationship fell apart, he saw it as an opportunity to try someone new, not as a failure. After many years of failed relationships though, he was getting weary of the game.

After reading at the bar for another hour Jack said goodnight and stood to leave. As he stood, Amy got a good look at the rest of him, and she wasn't disappointed.

"See ya tomorrow, Jack?" Amy asked as he approached the door. The professor just nodded and walked out.

~ Lisa's gift to Dawn ~

The bar closed early on weekdays, not much business in this small mountain town after 10:00 P.M. Amy made arrangements to meet her girlfriend Lisa back at her mother's place after her shift at the pub. As Amy drove home from the Black Bear, she remembered the first time she met Lisa. The two met in high school.

'What are the odds, of two lesbians, who were instantly attracted to one another, and who got along so well, could have been in the same English class in such a small town?' Amy thought as she drove her car down a dark twisty mountain road toward her mother's house.

After high school, Lisa was accepted at Williams College in Massachusetts, and Amy chose her father's Alma mater. The campus at Williams was only an hour's drive from UMass, so the two lovers could get together every weekend. It might have been tough to get private time to make love during their freshman and sophomore years since they both were required to live in dorms on campus, but luckily for them, Lisa's dorm mate, being somewhat of a loner, lived within easy driving distance of the school and went home most weekends. Once the girls reached their junior year, they were allowed to live off campus. They rented a place half way between each school, and within a half hour's commute of each University.

LustyWolf
LustyWolf
254 Followers