An Affair in Curley

Story Info
Jo Ann Bancroft, a true southern lady experiences...
3.3k words
3.7
12.7k
1
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
davechop
davechop
14 Followers

This is the first of several stories about Jo An Bancroft a refined southern lady and her long journey into sexual awareness and permissiveness.

*

At the start of this story the south was largely puritanical protestant. Men were expected to be gentlemen and women were expected to be pure and chaste. And if you were, "well brought up", in a typical southern town a whole pile of other requirements were laid on you.

Conner Bancroft and Jo Ann Kendall came from such backgrounds. Hand holding was okay but nice girls didn't kiss on the first date. They courted for a year while no clothes were removed, and hands were not allowed on legs nor breasts. Jo Ann accepted and adhered to the code and Conner observed it because he had no other choice.

During high school years Jo Ann was popular, beta club smart, and very religious. From childhood music was a large part of her life. She played the piano sometimes at the Methodist church and as she developed was called on more and more for vocal parts in school and church programs.

Jo Ann was medium tall and slender in her youth but as the years went by she would fill out and become very shapely. Conner was athletic and an average student. Conner and Jo Ann dated briefly in high school but connected after high school into something more serious.

They were married only a year after finishing high school and during all of their courtship they were strictly adhering to the puritanical code of the times.

Even so Jo Ann still managed to reach a climax during their petting sessions. Some nights she would act different and Conner would notice a funny look in her eye. He came to know that his hands could stray under her blouse and message her shoulders while his tongue reached far down her throat on those nights. After a bit she would tense and begin a sort of convulsion which he later identified as an orgasm. As a reward he would end up with the stone aches. Boys weren't very smart back then.

Through it all Jo Ann was still technically a virgin and she remained that way until their wedding night.

Physically Jo Ann was not a robust person and had a fine delicate bone structure. Conner was over six feet with an athletes build and seven inches of thick cock. It was like pairing fine china with a bull.

After marriage He was not able to fully enter his wife but she was able to easily move from petting orgasms to clitoral orgasms even though she wasn't getting all of his cock. Since both had strong sexual drives they worked things out and sex was generally good.

Early in their second year of Marriage their first, and what was to be their only child arrived. They named her Kendall in recognition of Jo Ann's family. Life was good and full for the young couple. Conner managed to complete most of the requirements for a college degree in night school and was enjoying career success with his father's construction firm.

Jo Ann for her part had plenty of time to devote to Kendall and still have time to continue developing her own musical skills and to fit right into the small town society and social life.. Early on they join the country club and Jo Ann made the most of it. She was part of a regular golf group and played a respectable game of tennis. She was still active in the church and could be counted on for service when she was asked. Outside of the country club and church there there was the garden club on Monday, and bridge club on Tuesday.

Through all of these activities Jo Ann conducted herself in a gracious southern manner. There was always the perfunctory thank you notes where called for and all social obligations were responded to in a timely manner.

In their early married life divorce was unheard of but slowly more and more of their friends and family were splitting up and both men and women were behaving more recklessly. While they observed the happenings with concern they both felt it did not apply to them.

After seven years of marriage however Conner had an affair. The details are pretty much routine. Successful young professional and co-worker are attracted to each other and forget their vows.

After a while someone informed Jo Ann about what was going on. When Conner came home he found his packed bags on the porch.

With a young child and a wife he loved he had the good sense to end the affair and set about trying to correct what he now realized was a serious mistake. Very quickly Conner was able to obtain a degree of forgiveness. When he returned home pretty much all had been said that needed to be said.

Instead of recriminations he was met at the door with a passionate kiss and lead to the bedroom. his mind immediately said this was a threatened females attempt to hold on to her man.

He was wrong it was a turned on woman that wanted to fuck. Her heat caused him to turn on and soon they were panting and moaning and trying to devour each other in every way. Very quickly she spread her legs with an unspoken invitation to mount her. As his cock slid in he realized she was hotter than ever.

There was no ignoring that the affair had an arousal effect on her.

Not much else was said about their love making since they were still a little awkward being back together. But the torrid sex continued for a while until it finally began to dwindle back to a more normal intensity. .

But like most couples it became routine in time. He often wondered what the result would be if he had another affair. A better solution would have been to discuss outside participation but that was another era and his wife was still very religious. Neither were viable considerations.

In the next decade or so Jo Ann raised their child, and Conner earned the money. The subject of his affair came up sometimes during a fuss but was quickly passed over since neither of them wanted to revisit that painful time.

Since childhood Jo Ann's church and music had been a large part of her life. She had briefly attended college after high school and had minored in music. She played a variety of instruments but specialized in the piano. She had always had a good singing voice and in time she became more in demand as a singer than as a pianist.

When they reached their late thirties Jo Ann decided to go to work at the church in the music department. She was soon the right hand of the music director and was playing the piano at Sunday services, funerals, weddings and various other events. In the meantime she was taking advantage of every singing opportunity and soon was a regular soloist at church services. After a while she replaced a singer in a church trio and later started singing duets with the music director, Leonard Woodstock.

Where early in their marriage Conner's business and raising Kendall were the center of their marriage it now became Jo Ann's music. Leonard Woodstock her duet partner was an accomplished musician in his own right and together they were more and more in demand. At first it was just in their town of Curley but soon requests for appearances began coming in from churches and groups in other nearby towns.

Conner tried to attend as many of her performances as possible but her full calender of appearances meant that he was relegated to taking care of family requirements and seeing after Kendall's activities in her last year of high school.

After a while Conner began to noticing a difference in Jo Ann when she was at home. She became quieter and seemed to be preoccupied much of the time. There were a lot of times he would see her staring at nothing in particular.

Conner had always been just a little jealous of Jo Ann's relation with Leonard Woodstock. In truth she spent more time at the church with him than she did with Conner. Now he was beginning to dwell on it more and more. He wasn't attending as many of Jo Ann's performances as before but he remembered how happy she always looked with Leonard and how she was always flashing him fond smiles as they sang together.

And even worse people were always assuming that Jo Ann and Leonard were a couple.

At first Conner assumed Leonard was just a friend but soon Conner learned Leonard was more than that. His wife was not a duplicitous person and Conner realized Leonard was the reason for her far away looks.

He also realized they were in love with each other.

All of this started a roller coaster of emotions. Hurt, anger, jealousy, denial,,,, yeah especially denial. How in the hell could this be. He was still nice looking, He had aged but he hadn't gone to pot, he was still smart, witty, had his own business and earned 5 times what Leonard must earn.

Conner admitted that Leonard wasn't bad looking. He was about his own size, maybe a little older with premature, almost white hair. Maybe you could say he was distinguished, but hell, Conner reasoned, he could stomp the crap out of distinguished. It just didn't make sense. That didn't mean that it wasn't.

Finally Conner settled in to being hurt and wanting her back. He wanted her to look at him again like before and like she was looking at Leonard now. Was it unfair? Conner had a hard time squaring that. He reasoned that he had strayed and returned so maybe this was the same and he would handle it the same way she did. But it wasn't the same. She was in love with somebody else. He had never been in love with anybody but Jo Ann even when he was having an affair with another woman.

Conner didn't confront her with what he now knew. The same instincts that made him a good business man told me that if he confronted her he was going to loose and he couldn't stand the thought of loosing her. So he did nothing, he just hurt.

She finally confronted the situation herself. She sat Conner down one night and he knew what was coming. She explained what Conner already knew. She and Leonard were in love and wanted to be together. Mostly Conner let her talk and she reviewed all the points against it that he would have made had she not made them for him. Even though she knew it was the wrong thing to do she wanted to seek a divorce. Conner had been in some tough business negotiations but nothing as gut wrenching as this.

He asked her couldn't they think about it a while. She pointed out they had already been thinking about it which was true. Conner just wasn't ready to admit defeat. he wanted to cry but he knew he would loose for sure if he weakened.

He tried to divert the course of the conversation and lighten the mood which was decidedly going against him. Conner jovially asked her "Is Leonard that much better than I am in bed?" "We haven't been to bed. Everything is not about sex." She announced.

Conner was stunned but knowing Jo Ann he believed her. She was still adhering to the code.

For the first time Conner thought he had a chance. He had wondered about the fact he and Jo Ann had continued to have sex while she was having her affair. Regardless of her prudish nature she was highly sexual and he realized that he was still satisfying that end of things.

"Don't you think it risky to contemplate marrying somebody when you don't know how they are in bed." He asked. " Sex isn't everything but it is important to you. "

The asking was risky because he really didn't want her to go to bed with Leonard. They ended the conversation that night without a conclusion or Conner giving her an answer about the divorce.

The next day it started again. Conner made all his points about loving her and them belonging together but along with prudish Jo Ann was also single minded. Conner wasn't making any progress. Finally he rolled the dice and went for broke.

"Why don't you sleep with him and then decide if this is a good idea", he asked.

This was against all of Jo Ann's principles but since Conner wasn't budging on giving her a divorce she stopped ruling it out emphatically.

After several days Jo Ann told Conner. "Leonard and I have discussed it and decided if that is the only way then that is what we will do."

Conner was stunned. He knew what she was talking about. Now he really hurt.

Conner knew when it happened but nothing more. They went somewhere during the day and that night he knew it had taken place. he couldn't read how she felt now but their sex stopped.

Conner coped as best he could. He traveled more and worked harder but unlike others in similar positions he didn't fall victim to drinking more. On the bright side the talk of divorce gradually subsided.

Finally little by little the sun started to shine again. They did some things together even though they were living like they were roommates rather than a married couple. One evening they had dinner out, another time they went shopping together.

One afternoon the sex started back. She was unusually quiet as they returned from an outing that day. She had that look on her face that he had seen many times over the years. It was an animal like look. It meant she wanted sex. The look went back to their dating days when he would stroke here until she found relief.

Without any exchange of words they went to the bed room and started kissing and removing their cloths. Quickly she opened her legs and Conner slid a cock throbbing with weeks of pent up desire and longing into a boiling slot.

When Conner reached the usual depth and started work on her clitoris he realized she wanted him to go deeper. Fearing that he might hurt her he only tentatively pushed farther in. At that point she took over and wrapped her legs around his ass while pulling him towards her. At the same time her back arched and her belly convulsed into a vortex that sucked his cock to the bottom. His cock finally bottomed out with all of it in for the first time in over 20 years of marriage.

The time it took to move that one inch deeper was forever burned into his memory. he had the feeling his wife was being torn. Instead of showing pain she immediately started an orgasm and as one diminished she started another. One orgasm followed another until Conner could wait no longer. He unloaded weeks of pent up cum in spasm after spasms of discharge into her belly.

When the passion finally subsided they lay together for a long time while he kissed and stroked her. In all of their marriage it was the best sex they had ever had. Some of the glow was tempered as he realized her lover had visited the new depth before him but at least he now had her back, he thought.

After a few days she left once again to meet her lover and he realized that he had been mistaken. The numbness he had developed over the last weeks helped him through a period of next five to six weeks while he was forced to regularly share her with Leonard.

In time the visits dwindled and after a while she announced that the affair was over.

Finally Conner did have her back.

Jo Ann never explained to Conner what happened to end it. She never explained why she stopped seeking a divorce. She never recounted any of the times with her lover. For Conner, little by little though in the following years they started rebuilding a marriage that had been drastically changed with many boundaries being pushed back.

Epilog: Conner and Jo Ann Bancroft's love story in the small town ends here. But that leaves the reader with more loose ends to ponder than is really fair. For instance, what happened to Leonard Woodstock her lover?

Word of the affair soon made the rounds in town. Jo Ann quit her job at the church and stopped attending the services.

Leonard Woodstock, Jo Ann's lover, did not fare so well.

Several factors had actually ended the affair. After a few months of torturing each other petting and wanting without consummating their love they had agree to ask their respective spouses for a divorce. Jo Ann was very direct. She immediately set Conner down and told him she loved Leonard that that she wanted a divorce. Moreover, at Conner's goading she made up her mind to consummate her love for Leonard and take him to bed.

Leonard on the other hand didn't exactly live up to the agreement. He didn't ask Betty Woodstock, his wife, for a divorce. In fact he never did ask her for a divorce.

However, in the excitement of seeking her own divorce Jo Ann didn't recognize at first that she alone was moving toward a divorce. By the time she worked it out of Leonard that he had not asked for a divorce they were already having regular sex and Jo Ann found that she was liking it. She quickly learned several things about Leonard.

First, he was a very good lover. Conner was a good lover but this was different and she realized that difference did matter. When she had married Conner she thought she would never want to sleep with another man but now she found out that she did. Prior to the affair with Leonard all of Jo Ann's orgasms had been with clitoral stimulation. For the first time she experienced a vaginal orgasm.

Second, she realized that Leonard was a spineless son of a bitch and that he was never going to ask his wife for a divorce. But that didn't stop Jo Ann from continuing to have sex with him. When she decided to start back going to bed with Conner she also decided she liked having the additional sexual opportunities.

It hadn't been Jo Ann that had finally broke off the affair as Conner had assumed. Betty Woodstock finally woke up to what was happening and shut Leonard's play house down. One day Leonard announced to Jo Ann that he had decided to go back to Betty. In fact he had never left.

With Betty knowing about the affair it wasn't long before the whole town knew. Betty didn't see herself suffering in silence. She wanted one and all to know.

"You know Leonard's having an affair with that whore Jo Ann Bancroft that they hired in the office down at the church." She was heard to say around town more times than once.

Eventually Leonard lost his job at the church and after several breakups and going back together with his wife Leonard got the divorce the had never sought.

Without a job and without a family for emotional support Leonard status in life sank drastically. Being a good musician and singer he had eventually been able to connect with a small forgiving church in the country.

Jo Ann and Conner decided they would be better off if they left the town of Curley Louisiana altogether. After six months of studying their options they moved to Arbor Side, a small community within a larger city and near a state University.

Their new life in "Arbor Side" is told in a later story.

davechop
davechop
14 Followers