An Angel's Fix Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
photodad
photodad
492 Followers

"Sorry! I didn't see the need to sneak in. We're both adults now. Besides, I was tired."

Ashley turned briefly toward her friend and flashed a grin. "So, you got some!"

"No! No I did not."

"Then you gave some?"

"Ashley! I'm not as hard up as you!" Then, after a pause, "Or as easy."

"Shut up!" she playfully yelled, but Kim just stared back. Ashley sighed, "Okay, maybe I am...er, was. Whatever. So, what did you do for five hours after dinner, if y'all didn't get it on?"

"We went dancing for a while, he showed me some of his favorite nighttime scenery, and then we went out of the city and just talked at a park. Like I said, it was nice."

"No, you said it went 'fine'."

"Okay! You beat it out of me. Our interests just aren't quite on the same thing. I couldn't keep my attention on him, as much as I wanted to. Maybe I was just trying, or even hoping, too hard."

Ashley turned into the parking garage near the studio. "Are you going to see him again?"

"Tomorrow night, if that's okay with you."

"Sure. Just remember we have to be on a flight Saturday morning."

The double meaning was not lost on Kim. "Yeah, yeah. I know the game is that afternoon. AND, I know long distance doesn't do any good for a new relationship."

"Just remember who told you so," Ashley said with a wink.

"Brat."

They were greeted with "Happy Thanksgivings" throughout the studio and they had nothing to do but meander the halls and wait. Some of the symphony kids began arriving and several struck up conversations with Ashley. Kim had her hands full fending off the flirts of the more confident males again. At last, the steel roll-up door of the receiving dock rattled its way open then closed and before long an assistant rolled a cart filled with cases of the CD's. Matt was smiling as he instructed everybody that it was time to take their places in the lobby.

About 12 members of the symphony were present and seemed to know exactly what they were expected to do. Ashley wasn't told her part, and she simply followed the group with Kim in tow. They exited the hallway and could see the crowd that had gathered outside the front doors. The others quickly divided up the CD's and placed stacks before them on the tables that had been set up. Ashley was directed to sit behind a corner table. She did so, thinking that someone would tell her how to read the advance receipts presented and to collect the balance owed. But nobody came to instruct her, and she felt a bit cast off.

The doors opened, people streamed in, receipts were checked, and the CD's were handed over. Within a few minutes, the first person inside was standing in front of Ashley, tearing the cellophane wrapper off and placed the opened article before Ashley.

"My son Jarrad over there hasn't stopped talking about the recording session," she said. "He was in a rut and thinking of quitting until that day. You made it fun, and now he practices twice as long every day. Thank you so much for doing this."

Ashley beamed at the story. "They were all great during this project. It was fun working with them. Is this copy for you or Jarrad?" At the wishes of the mother, Ashley made the autograph out to Jarrad. "Thank you for your support," she said to the lady.

One after another, people stepped up to Ashley's position, relating similar experiences or just that they heard one of the pieces on the local station. Most of the non-family members felt compelled to get the beautiful album after hearing only the sample promotional piece that was played over the radio. Knowing the proceeds would go toward underprivileged music programs was a bonus. The cover picture was taken during the recording from the balcony on the side and depicted the whole stage, with Ashley's small figure at the front, singing with arms raised during an emotional point. She was honored that these patrons gave up their Thanksgiving morning to meet that redheaded dot and her angelic voice.

The line stacked up at her table, since Ashley engaged each one who stepped in front of her. Kim sat next to her after fetching a stack of scrap paper, and she began to write down for her friend the name and sentiment the next person wanted. It allowed Ashley to meet each person and quickly chat about something other than what to write. At one point, Ashley commented to Kim that she didn't know why the fuss was about her, since she didn't feel that she was famous. One of the fans stated that maybe not now, but soon after this CD, she would be.

After the last person picked up their copy and got their autograph, Matt gave her directions to the first of three Walmarts she was expected, and in fact, scheduled to appear. On the way over there, she and Kim heard the promotional song again, followed by an energetic advertisement for the charity CD and a schedule of Ashley's appearances as well as different groups of the ensemble. She realized then that Matt was responsible for creating the fans' fondness toward Ashley.

She was in the wrong lane and passed the store. By the time she got turned back around and pulled into the lot, fifteen minutes had gone by. A small group of managers met her at the appointed door and led her back to the electronics department. Some of the twelve who were at the station were already sitting at tables lined up, as well as the rest of the strings section. Ashley gasped when she saw the line formed at the register. She was ushered to the first chair, but after her realization in the car, she wanted the musicians to be the focus, and insisted she sit at the end.

Halfway through the line, cheers and applause erupted from the other end of the table. Soon, the confused Ashley was told that the location's allotment of copies had sold out. Several who were at the unfortunate end made a mad dash outside of the store, hoping the next location would prove luckier. Kim had preempted Ashley's request for a copy signed by the people she worked with, and followed the last fan through the line, gaining autographs from each of the members present on the cover of the CD she had bought from Matt back at the studio. In turn, the members came around and followed Kim to Ashley's place. Ashley happily signed each one and insisted they come around and receive a hug. Several moms were excited to capture those moments on their one-time-use cameras or prepaid cell phones.

The scene was repeated at the next location with the other half of the symphony members. While those first two sessions were happy and giddy, the last location held a special surprise. Ashley was greeted by the chorus who were decked out in their performance robes. To the delight of shoppers and store staff alike, the group asked Ashley if she would lead them in an a cappella "Joy to The World." She obliged, and the group arranged themselves across the wide aisle, facing the line of donors who were hoping to score a copy of the CD. Ashley tried to apologize in advance if she wasn't in key since she hadn't warmed up her voice, but a large grumbling shut that down.

"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you," she said while flashing a sheepish grin.

The choir's conductor raised his baton and Ashley nodded. He stroked the rhythm in the air and Ashley belted out a strong and slow "Joy to the world," to which the choir answered with, "the Lord is come!" They then proceeded with the uptempo rendition they had used for the CD, filled with much clapping and swaying, and solos for Ashley. The last held note died off, and the back half of the store erupted in applause and cheers. Many of the choir members hugged Ashley before taking their seats behind the tables.

The store manager had filmed the performance with his hand held video camera, intending only to share it with the employees who could not leave their posts. He later copied it onto DVD's and sent those to the other two locations at their request. During a regional manager visit, a lead associate from one of those stores asked him if he had seen it. Picking up on the excited description, he asked if he could view it. One thing led to another, and with permission from Matt, Ashley, and the choir director, the video (and it's obvious store setting in the background) aired for two weeks the next month as the corporation's national Happy Holidays commercial.

"Oh my God, I am starving!" Ashley proclaimed as they were getting in the rental car after her duties for the day were done.

"I told you to eat something, but nooo! You had to sleep in and then spend an hour on your hair, instead of grabbing what I ordered to the room," Kim chastised.

"Cereal and milk? Yeah right. I would have sounded like a frog when they did that song."

"Whatever." Kim fastened her seat belt. "That was awesome though," Kim admitted. "I had to keep swallowing back tears to keep from ruining my mascara."

Ashley started the engine. "Aw. And here I thought we did a happy one. Why did you cry?"

"I didn't cry." Kim lifted her chin in defiance and Ashley gave her a knowing look. "Okay, well maybe a little. But it was just that I'm so happy and proud of you. Anything you do is just so beautiful."

Ashley chuckled. "Thanks, Mom."

Kim swatted her friend's shoulder. "Twerp! You're great, and you know it. Anyway, I hope we can find something open. I'm hungry too."

"Open? We're in a big city, and it's only..." she looked at her watch. "Holy crap! Well, okay, maybe not 'only.' It's five o'clock, but why would you think things are closed now? Dinner hour is barely starting."

Kim snickered. "Happy Thanksgiving, Ash."

She had forgotten in all the obligations set for her today. "Oh wow! I thought traffic was rather light. And, I wondered why so many in the choir kept asking if we wanted to go to their church for dinner."

"Nothing gets by you, does it?"

"Shut up!" Ashley pulled out onto the road and started heading toward some restaurants she had seen on their way to the stores. "I have a lot on my mind," she rationalized.

"A lot of Joe and Jasmine," Kim poked.

"That too," Ashley winked. "I haven't had any in almost a week."

"You called them when I was on my date. Didn't you...?"

"What? Phone sex?"

Kim nodded.

Ashley sighed. "It's not the same. Besides, I loved just talking and listening to them, so that never came up."

After several frustrating loops through empty restaurant parking lots, the choices melted down to either Waffle House or Denny's. Denny's was the obvious choice, and the scene inside was right out of the movie The Santa Clause. Single and newly divorced dads resigned to bringing their kids there in an attempt to give them some resemblance of a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Ashley and Kim drew everyone's eyes when they walked in, because two pretty and nicely dressed young ladies just weren't expected to be celebrating the holiday away from their families, or at least boyfriends.

Once seated, the movie stereotype continued when the waitress's favorite words were "We're out," to inquiries of anything that was on the advertised turkey specials. Now painfully aware of the holiday, Ashley was determined to get something close to traditional and she settled for a baked chicken breast with vegetables. Kim was just plain hungry, and ordered the all you can eat pancakes with bacon. She did get to one-up Ashley on something, though, and made special emphasis when she ordered TURKEY bacon. Ashley responded with a light kick under the table.

They chatted mostly about light things that happened on the trip, trying their best to ignore the longing glances and occasional stares from the lonely fathers at the other tables. Ashley finished her meal rather quickly and sighed when Kim ordered a second round of pancakes.

"Call them, Ash. You know you want to," Kim prodded when she picked up on the impatience. "I'll just keep eating while you talk to them. I don't mind."

"Pig," Ashley accused laughingly, but was already dialing her phone. Kim was surprised when Ashley said into the phone, "Hey Mom! Happy Thanksgiving!"

As soon as they got back to the hotel room, Kim picked up her sweater and phone and went back to the door.

"It's great that you talked to your parents until we walked into the lobby, Ashley. But, now call THEM," Kim said.

"I was going to, but I gotta use the bathroom first. Wait, where are you going?"

"I'm gonna give you some privacy, so you can take care of some, uh, needs, if you want."

"Kim! You can stay here. I'm sure that won't even happen. And if it did, it's not like you haven't seen me do that before."

"Well, that's not the best background noise to have while I'm talking to my folks, now is it? Don't worry, I'm just going down to the lobby to call them. If I get back before you're done, just keep going. I won't care."

Ashley threw a towel at Kim. "And Jill says * I * have a dirty mind," she giggled. "Go call your parents."

Kim laughed, "You DO have a dirty mind. Have fun!"

Kim may have said that, but she wouldn't invest in a bet on it. Ashley probably would be finishing up her own phone call when Kim got back, but wouldn't be doing anything more risque than half-watching TV in her undies. Kim's own call was a pleasant Thanksgiving chat with her parents that lasted almost two hours. They asked why she was in Atlanta, and she gave the answer of Ashley bringing her along to work through some things. She didn't tell them about Ashley saying Kim was her agent, mostly because she believed it was one of Ashley's tricks to keep someone she knew around when she was uncomfortable. The call ended and Kim felt refreshed after resetting the in-touch calendar with her folks. She checked the time and figured Ashley had long enough to chat with Joe and Jasmine.

When Kim opened the door, the sight that greeted her made her breath catch. The only light in the room was a bedside lamp and the TV. Ashley was stretched out on her back above the covers, one hand holding her phone to her ear, the other absently caressing her inner thigh. She had changed into Joe's emerald and gold football jersey from high school, and when she had shifted her legs, a white flash of cotton panties was enough to be burned into anyone's imagination. Although Ashley wasn't actively doing anything sexual, the pace of the rise and fall of the jersey covered mounds on her chest gave hint to her arousal.

"Hey Kim," Ashley said with a smile. Then, back into the phone, "Yeah, I really miss you guys. You have no idea."

As Ashley listened, Kim dropped her purse on the dresser and stripped down to her bra and panties. As she approached her side of the bed, she noticed Ashley's hand had drifted closer toward her panties. Kim laid down and faced Ashley. After a few moments, the hand was tracing the hem of the undergarment between Ashley's legs. Kim reached out and softly stroked Ashley's arm. Out of instinct and habit, Ashley shifted her weight to let Kim pull the bottom of the jersey up toward her waist. Kim's hand traveled up and under.

"Whoa, Kim!" Ashley gasped in surprise.

"What happened?" Joe asked on the other end.

"She slipped her hand up your jersey and is like totally playing with my nipples." Then to Kim, "I thought you didn't want that any more?"

Kim answered, "Well, once more for old times' sake?"

"I guess I better go, guys," Ashley happily sighed.

Earlier, they had used the three-way feature on their call, so that Jasmine and Joe could both talk to Ashley.

Jasmine spoke up. "Uh, no. You don't have to go. This could be pretty hot!"

"Yeah right! And give you more fuel to play with Joe?"

"He's in his room, and I'm in one of the guest rooms. Go on, what is she doing now?"

Ashley sighed again as she relaxed back into her pillow. "Oh Jasmine, you know her. She's nibbling my neck and rolling my nipples between her fingers..."

About a half hour later, Ashley had hung up the phone and was still catching her breath. "What brought that on?"

Kim laid on her side looking at Ashley, her head resting on her arm. "Well, you gave me a release when I was missing Joe, and found him taken by you. I figured I'd return the favor."

Ashley smiled back, "But you've repaid me a hundred times over since then."

Kim giggled. "One last time wouldn't hurt. Or did it?"

"No. It was totally the opposite end of hurt," Ashley said, and then reached over to tempt her friend with a mouthwatering kiss.

* * *

The next morning was more studio time. Mike was chipper, and Ashley couldn't help but rib him about his pants again. This time she asked why no one had gotten him a pair that fits for Thanksgiving. He took it in good humor this time, and Ashley decided that she liked working with him well enough, but something was giving her a reservation about him. That something presented itself again when they started recording.

"East Coast meets West Coast. Mike comin' atcha with my girl, Ashley," he introduced and pointed at her as a cue to start singing.

Just hearing that sent chills like nails on a chalkboard down Ashley's spine as it struck her about what it was that she didn't like about him. He was a follower, jumping from one bandwagon to the next. Even his pieces mirrored other artists a little too close for comfort. But, she resolved to finishing her commitment.

Likewise, Kim had to battle with a little internal tension herself. The chatting with Jerry between takes seemed easy enough today, but both were digging rather hard to reach common ground in interests. There weren't any heated moments, but their viewpoints agreed on very few topics. She was tempted to beg off the date and make some excuse up about Ashley wanting to go shopping before they left tomorrow. But she decided against it, mostly out of fear of what Ashley would say to make fun of her for not sticking it out.

Kim was correct in one respect; Ashley did want to go Black Friday shopping on their last day in Atlanta. After things were wrapped up in the studio, she enlisted Kim's help in buying Christmas presents for every person in her favorite circle; except Kim's, of course. To keep things fun for Kim, Ashley also subsidized her companion's selections for gifts. Kim went all-out in promising to pay Ashley back, to the point that the repetitive promises were getting annoying. Ashley knew full well that she would never accept repayment from Kim, but kept the thought to herself in an effort to keep that part of their conversations to a minimum.

Ashley called home once Jerry had taken Kim from her. She was hoping to catch Jill to wish her a safe drive to school, but the cheerleader had left a couple of hours earlier, wanting a good night's rest before meeting with her teammates the next morning to get ready for the big game. Ashley then chatted with the rest who were in her house, and spent more than a few minutes catching up with Cindy.

Meanwhile, Jerry was giving Kim a full-court press, pounding her with questions at dinner in an attempt to seem extra interested in her. The more sighing and rolling of the eyes she did, the more he'd flirt with her. She was really getting annoyed when it didn't let up during their walk from the car toward the movies. No matter what she did, he didn't get the hint that she wasn't going to respond in the way he wanted. Kim decided to face it head-on.

She pivoted on her pumps to face him. "Look, I don't think we should see the movie."

His eyes lit up. "Oh, would you just like to go to my apartment for some drinks, or dessert?"

"No!" she nearly shouted, and it startled him. Kim sighed, nearly regretting the outburst. "Jerry, I've been trying to throw you some hints so you wouldn't feel bad. But, they're not working. So, maybe it's just best if you take me to my hotel."

"Sure thing. But, won't Ashley be there? I mean, I don't have a roommate, and we could..."

Kim's lips creased into a severe frown, and she didn't care how it looked at this point. "No...we can't. I guess I have to spell it out. I'm sorry if I somehow gave you an impression that I was hoping for some quick fling while I was away from home. This just isn't clicking, and with you trying to speed date me all night, well, any temptation I might have had for anything physical this week with you is completely gone. Please take me back home, so we can part as friends with a passing misunderstanding."

photodad
photodad
492 Followers