An Officer and a Gentleman-1777 Ch. 09

Story Info
Finally, together.
3.1k words
4.72
10.5k
1
0

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 08/17/2020
Created 07/12/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So the Army sat and waited. It waited for some word or sign that General Clinton was coming closer. Instead what it got was signs that Fall was here in all its splendor. The leaves turned bright yellows and reds and the nights were cooler. It also meant winter was coming with all the horrors it would bring if this Army were forced to winter where it was.

There were other signs. Signs that the American Army was growing in size and strength. Across the Hudson bands of men could be seen gathering daily. A rumor spread that the rebels had retaken Ticonderoga. Whether it was true or not didn't matter as the last Indians left when the rumors reached the camp.

Food and supplies were running short. The commissary officer, the husband of General Burgoyne's mistress claimed there were enough supplies for 30 days. A quick inventory found enough for less than two weeks. The General was running out of options.

Jeffrey leaned back in his chair and rubbed his eyes. He looked around the small room and considered himself lucky as he wasn't in a tent. He was cleaning out items in his desk and making a list of his belonging. In the past few days he had grown very despondent about his situation and his future. The Army was in a bad way and he didn't see any way there could be a good ending. Food was beginning to run scarce as it was impossible for foraging parties to gather any from the surrounding area. Though he still had dinners with the General or the Riedesels or the Aclands, they had become tedious and predictable. Everyone trying hard to put on a good face though it was obvious it wasn't working. Even the food served at those tables was simple fare. Because of the ladies' presence, talk about the military situation was taboo. Since no news of any sort had reached the Army, the topics were sorely limited. Stories and gossip had been repeated over and over.

The last time he heard from home was when they were at Montreal. He received one letter from his father, which caught him up on the family. His sister was pregnant again making it number three. Of all the women in his life after his mother his sister Sarah was the closest. She was his confidant, the one he told everything too. He wrote her about Katrina and entrusted the letter to Lucien. Since he was returning home after his wounding, Jeffrey felt it would get delivered. He wanted to talk to Sarah, to tell her all about his love, and to share his joy. Despite of his confident attitude, Sarah knew him well and was his sheet anchor. If she were here now, she would clear away his dark mood.

There was very little said in his father's letter about Caroline. His Lordship said he was now living in the London house with Sarah and her husband as Parliament was in session and Caroline did not accompany him as of yet, She was going to arrive some what later in time for the social season. Remembering what he said to her when he left, Jeffrey felt she had already found another.

Yesterday he found Nancy's locket. He held it in his hand for a few moments then carefully put it in a small box. He wrapped it in brown paper, placed a small note inside and brought it to Lady Harriett Acland.

"Lady Harriett, would you please see that this package gets to your cousin, Nancy."

"Why, Major, you can deliver it yourself. I'm sure she wouldn't mind," Lady Harriett said attempting to give it back.

"No," he replied, "It would be better for all if you did. Thank you."

He took a sip of the rum he had on his desk. It had reached this point that all that was left to drink was rum. In the mood he was in, it was better than nothing. "Damn," he said out loud, "How did it get to this?"

Katrina and he were so deeply in love that it threatened to tear them apart. The longer apart they were, the more frustrated Jeffrey felt. The short time together was never enough and they were never alone. It was getting so he didn't want to see her. "How could this be?" he asked himself. All he wanted was to take her away from this madness, to be alone together, without any cares and to love her. It seemed like it was never to be. What she said yesterday was eating him up inside.

They found themselves alone along the river and they sat on a fallen log. They kissed and as they did, Katrina became more passionate. She attempted to push his coat off his shoulders. When Jeffrey broke the embrace and looked at her, she quickly stood up and walked away. Jeffrey followed her and slid his arms around her.

She looked skyward and sighed. "We are never going to get to Albany, are we?" she asked.

"No, I don't believe so," he answered.

She turned in his arms. "Then why must we wait? Two people like us who are so much in love, it is only right."

"Do you know what you are saying? Katrina?"

"Oh my love, I do," she exclaimed.

Jeffrey stood back. "You are a virgin and your first time should be special, not something dirty and sorted. There should a big bed and clean sheets. This is not the place. You shouldn't wear a green gown. You deserve better."

"Don't you understand, Jeffrey? It is not the place, it is the person. You will make it special. I feel as if I will burst if I don't have you!" Tears began to well up in her eyes.

"And what if you become with child and something happens to me. I'll not put you through that. Your mother..."

"My mother knew the price and so do I." Katrina moved close and hugged him. "I know and I love you so much."

Jeffrey kissed her forehead and pulled her closer. "Why did we have to meet here, this place, this time? I love you so."

"Begging the Major's pardon, sir," a young lieutenant stammered.

Without letting go, Jeffrey sighed. "Yes what is it?"

"Begging the Major's pardon but General Burgoyne requests your presence, sir."

Jeffrey looked at Katrina and sighed.

"It's alright," she smiled.

"Tell the General I'll be up."

"Is it true?"

Jeffrey jumped up, startled. "Katrina?"

She was standing in the doorway dressed in a blue riding cloak. She stepped into the room, dropping the hood. Her auburn hair framed her face. "Is it true?" she asked.

He walked to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "What are you doing here? Sit down and is what true?"

She sat on the bed. "Is it true the Army is going to attack tomorrow?"

Jeffrey stood down and took her hands. "Yes, it is," he said softly.

Katrina pushed the cloak off her shoulders. Underneath she was wearing only her thin dressing gown. Removing the cloak caused it to slip off one shoulder. "Then I need to give you this." With that she reached behind her neck and undid the clasp of a gold chain. The chain held a gold cross. She removed it. "I want you to have this. My mother gave this to me when I was young. Please take it."

"No, Katrina, I can't. It must be very special to you."

"It is and that is why you must take it."

Without another word, Jeffrey unbuttoned his shirt and Katrina stood up. She placed the chain around his neck and fastened it. As she finished, she slowly slid her hands across his bare chest. Her fingers lightly caressed his nipples. Suddenly she turned, "I must go now!"

Jeffrey grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him. He kissed her and her mouth yielded, allowing him in.

Her hands moved to his shoulders and pushed his shirt back. She flattened herself against his chest, feeling his warmth through the fabric. Her hands caressed his back.

Jeffrey slid her gown off her shoulder, exposing her breasts. He cupped one as he kissed her neck. It felt full in his hand.

Katrina tossed her head back and let out a long slow moan. Her body felt alive and craved his touch. She put her hand on the back of his head, pushing lower.

Reaching her breasts, he paused. They were white and creamy with large areolas. Her nipples stood slightly erect, begging to be sucked. He lightly kissed one. Then placing lips around it, he sucked it into his mouth, flicking at the nipple with his tongue. With his other hand, Jeffrey pinched her other nipple.

The sensation coursed through her body. She arched her back, pushing her breasts into him. "O mein Gott!," she moaned. She wantonly moved her hips. Katrina was experiencing feelings she had never felt before. New and wonderful sensations swept over her. She wanted more.

Jeffrey pushed the gown past her hips and it fell leaving her naked. The feeling only made her more excited. Her hands ran through his hair, across his back, and to his ass. Her breaths became shorter as he continued to work her breasts. His pants became an unwanted barrier between them. Frantically she undid his buttons and pushed his pants down. He stepped out of them. He was now as naked as she.

He gently lifted her off her feet and carried her to bed. He set her down and then lay next to her on his side. Jeffrey looked over her naked body. "Good Lord," he thought, "she is beautiful."

He kissed her hard and she kissed him back. The tongues met in furious pace. As they kissed, he moved his hand down her soft belly reaching between her legs. She moaned through their kiss as he did and lifted her hips to him. Moving through her soft hair, he slid one finger along her damp crack. He pushed it in, past the first knuckle.

Katrina's eyes flew open as the new sensation hit her. "O mein Gott, O Gott!" she groaned.

He slid a second finger in and began to move them in and out. He took his thumb and pressed it against the erect nub at the top of her lips. He rubbed it gently at first then increased the pressure as his fingers moved faster.

Katrina's hips moved on their own in rhythm with him. She wrapped her arms tightly around him, hanging on as these new sensations built throughout her. She was breathing faster and her moans became louder. The feeling grew, spread from between her legs to all over her body. When Jeffrey began to kiss one of her nipples, the feeling became too much.

"O ja! O Gott!" she cried out, clamping her legs together. "O mein Gott!"

Jeffrey held her tight and lightly kissed her lips, her forehead, and her cheeks. "Siene gut, meine Liebe," he whispered as he stroked her hair.

The most wonderful feeling had just swept over Katrina. She couldn't put words to it. The feeling was like no other she ever experienced and she knew she wanted more.

He raised himself up and moved between her legs. With his legs, he spread hers apart. With one hand he reached down and grabbed his erect cock. He moved it up and down up her opening, making it wetter. He paused at the entrance and he felt her become tense. "Entspannen Sie sich meine Liebe," he said, "Die ich leicht bin." He pushed the head in.

Her eyes widened. It felt bigger than his two fingers. For a second she panicked, not sure if she could take it. She looked into his eyes and the panic left her. "Ja, meine Liebe," she smiled.

Jeffrey pushed just the head in and Katrina gasped. He slid in more until he felt resistance. He smiled, "Entspannen". She nodded and put her hands on his back. He pushed and felt her give way.

Katrina grimaced and sucked in her breath. It hurt but less than she expected. Instead the pain was quickly replaced by the exquisite feeling of being completely fill. She raised her head and kissed him.

He began to move in and out of her. Slowly at first but as her hips began to move with his, he increased the speed. She moaned into his mouth as they continued to kiss.

She was very tight and gripped his cock like a velvet vise. He moved faster as the feeling grew for him. Katrina was matching him, repeating, "Oh, oh, oh," as she did.

Unlike before, the sensations she was feeling were different, stronger, better. She didn't want them to stop but craved for their release. When they did, she dug her fingers into his back and cried out in joy. It was the most wondrous feeling she had ever felt. Her mother was right.

When Katrina came, Jeffrey could no longer hold back. He groaned and thrusted into her, filling her with his seed. He collapsed on top of her.

For a few minutes, they laid together, holding each other and regaining their breath. He rolled off of her, pulling her to him. Katrina rested her head on his chest, lightly kissing it. She looked up at him and smiled. A million things were going through her head. Tonight she was no longer a girl but a woman, a woman who was deeply in love. She wanted this crazy world to go away and leave just the two of them. If only for tonight then it must be. She closed her eyes and sighed contently.

The fighting was much more furious than it was the last time. Each side was deeply in earnest and knew the stakes were high. The British Army had to break through and clear the road to Albany. Anything less would lead to disaster. The American Army knew that to deny the British their goals could only lead to complete victory and the possible surrender of the enemy. Each side fought in desperation to attain their wanted outcome.

As usual, Jeffrey was fully involved and his adrenalin flowed. He rode behind the firing line delivering messages from General Burgoyne to his officers and encouraged the men as he did. It was as if by his own will he could carry the men to victory.

He found Major Acland covering the flank with his light infantry. "Hot work, Johnny!" Jeffrey shouted as he rode up.

"Yes, Jeffrey, it can't last long," Acland replied.

"How goes it?" Jeffrey asked.

"There seems to be swarms of them. They even have men in the trees," Acland gestured towards the woods in front.

"Do you think you can hold?"

"As long as it stays this way. If they throw in more men, it may be difficult."

"I'll inform the General," Jeffrey said. He held out his hand. "Good luck!"

Acland took it. "Thank you and Godspeed."

As the battle continued, it was obvious that it was reaching a point where one side would break. Jeffrey was riding with General Burgoyne when the first bad news arrived.

"General Fraser has been hit, General," a young officer reported. "I fear the wound is mortal."

The General sat on his horse and made no reply. It was as if he hadn't heard the message. Jeffrey rode up next to him and heard his aide de camp say. "General Fraser is down, General. What are your orders?"

Before the General could answer another messenger appeared. "Beg to report, sir. The light companies on the right are about to give way. Major Acland is down and Capt. Osborne requests reinforcements."

This message seemed to revive the General. He turned in his saddle. "Major Tremaine, ride to the right and take command there. You must hold." He turned to the aide de camp and began to give orders but Jeffrey didn't hear them, he was already galloping away.

The rebel riflemen under Colonel Morgan were taking a devastating total on British officers. One had already shot General Fraser and the officers of the Royal Artillery were all down, killed or wounded. To be an officer made one a target, to be an officer on horseback was an invitation for death.

"Hey, Kelly," a soldier yelled up to Michael Kelly who was perched in the tree above. "That officer's back."

"Which one?" Kelly shouted down.

"The one on the chestnut with the white blaze on its face."

Kelly look across the field. There he saw the officer riding behind the lines. He remembered the chestnut. He had no idea who the officer was but he seemed to be everywhere. He must be important.

He saw the same officer in the last fight. The only scarlet coat in a sea of blue coated Germans. He fired two shots at him that day. The first missed by a wide margin but he could have sworn the second one didn't. He knew he wouldn't miss this time. He rested his long rifle on a limb and held his breath. He squeezed the trigger and fired.

Jeffrey sat on his horse and took in the situation. What Major Acland predicted was taking place. The rebels were feeding more and more reinforcements into the fight and by pure weight of numbers were overwhelming the line. "Capt. Osborne, report," He barked.

"The enemy is flanking us on the right while pushing hard on our center. Without reinforcements, I don't think we can hold them, sir."

"I see, Captain," Jeffrey began. Suddenly a tremendous force struck him in the middle of his chest. He felt himself being lifted from the saddle and a sensation of floating came over him. Then everything went black.

"Major! Major!" a voice seemed to calling him from far away. Suddenly he opened his eyes and gasped. He needed air but he couldn't catch his breath. Jeffrey struggled but finally was able to get some. He rolled onto all fours and coughed into his hand. No blood, Thank God!

"Major, can you stand, sir?" Corporal Ayres put his arm around him and helped him to his feet. The world spun before his eyes and he almost fell. "Here, let me help you, sir." Ayres led him to his horse, which stood patiently waiting. He helped him aboard. "Can you ride, sir?"

Jeffrey nodded but it was plain to see he was in no condition to.

"We must get out of here, sir," Ayres said and he took hold of the bridle. He pulled and the horse followed, carrying Jeffrey draped over its neck.

All around was chaos. The British line had been broken and it was every man for himself. In his clouded mind, Jeffrey could see red-coated men retreating quickly, falling back, and breaking for the rear. It was a sight he never thought he ever see.