An Undeniable Passion Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
opels
opels
2,479 Followers

"We'll figure something out," Drake said, pulling out his large trunk. "Should we leave all the furniture here or take it back to the house?"

"Oh I think it should be fine to leave it all here, don't you think?" she said, walking into the bedroom. She was pulling down the lace canopy from over the bed when a hole in the weave caught on the top of one of the tall posts. She tried to flip it off but it was too high.

"Drake, could you help me with this?" she called out.

He came to the door of the bedroom and standing in the doorway watched her struggle with the large piece of delicate fabric. "I've always dreamed of you calling to me from a bedroom, but was hoping for a more romantic scene," he remarked.

She tried to give him a stern look, but couldn't help but smile, glancing up a the caught piece of lace. He walked up behind her, standing so close she could feel his breath on her cheek.

She drew in a shaky breath. "Could you help me get this down, please?" she asked quietly.

He lifted his arms around her and neatly flicked the sheet of lace and released it from the bed post. As it gently floated down to the bed, he slowly lowered his arms, wrapping them around her. He nuzzled the back of her neck, burying his nose in her hair, drawing in deep the fresh, sweet scent of her. He pulled her close and just held her, enjoying the feeling of her close to him. "You asked me earlier if I missed being on my ship and I said no. That wasn't entirely true," he said softly in her ear.


"You do miss it?" she asked with a slight tremor to her voice.

"I miss being on it with you. Even though we spent half the time angry with each other, it was the best crossing I've ever experienced. I miss having you close. I miss seeing you in my bed, lying there asleep, your hair fanned out about you. I miss falling asleep and waking up with you in my arms. Seeing you every morning and every night. Do you miss any of it?"

"I try not to think about it," she replied in a whisper. "Well, when you've moved into the house you'll see me every morning and every night."

"But not in my bed," he said.

"No, not in your bed," she said pulling out of his arms. She reached for the lace sheet and began to fold it. He stood back and watched her for a moment before turning to the bureau and emptying the drawers into his trunk.

He piled his belongings and some items from the house into the cart. They managed to wedge the vases of flowers in between items and headed back to the house.

"Are you sure you want me there, across the hall from you?" he asked her.

"Yes, why not?"

"Well, perhaps you would prefer me on another floor. We could easily turn the music room into a bedroom."

"No, I would prefer to have you close by. Are you uncomfortable being so close? Maybe you'd rather sleep in the other bedroom?" she suggested.

"No, I guess Billy's room is fine. It is bigger isn't it?"

"Yes, it is. Why did you ask if I wanted you across the hall?"

"Well, rumors are going to circulate having me in the house in the first place, and right across the hall from you, well tongues are really going to wag."

"No one will know where in the house you're sleeping and even if they do know, I don't care what people think of me. I spent too much time in Liverpool worried about what I said, did or even wore, scared that someone wouldn't approve. I shall do what I please now, and it pleases me to have you living with me, sleeping across the hall."

Pulling up outside the house, he said as he helped her down, "I'm glad it pleases you. I'm certainly pleased as well."

They began to carry the items inside, setting up the vases of flowers throughout the house. Drake hauled his large trunk upstairs but would have to wait until Billy emptied the wardrobe and bureau before he could unpack. He walked across the hall to Virginia's room where she was arranging a particularly large bouquet of flowers. He watched her for a few moments as she was silhouetted against the dying light coming through the window. He knocked on the door. "Am I allowed in?" he asked.

"If you promise to behave," she said with a smile.

"You already know about me and my promises to behave around you," he warned her in a suggestive voice.

"Yes, I do," she said, finishing with the flowers. "I'm finished in here for now. There is something I would like to talk to you about. Downstairs." She picked up a lantern and after lighting it, walked past him in the doorway and began to make her way down the hall.

They settled in the library, and after Drake built a fire, she hesitantly said, "I'd like to talk to you about the way we...tend to...behave...around each other."

"The way we tend to behave? What do you mean?" he asked, puzzled.

"Well, quite frankly, the way we tend to end up in each other's arms or sometimes... in bed together," she replied. "If you are to live here, that cannot happen."

"But it's so pleasant when it does. Do you not enjoy being in my arms, being in bed together?" he asked her quietly.

"Actually, I usually find it upsetting and confusing. Please, can you promise me it won't happen?" she pleaded.

"I can only promise to try on my part. Must I remind you that the times we have ended up in bed together, you were the instigator?" he said with a smirk.

She blushed, and reluctantly admitted that he was right. "But, you must do your part and not lead me towards that path. Which you must admit you do," she admonished.

"As I have said before, I can only try. You know how I feel about you and how tempting you are. And since I value my reputation for not breaking my promises, I only promise to try," he said.

She eyed him warily, wondering if that would be enough. Since she would rather have that than be alone in the house, she relented. "Alright, I can accept that."

"When will this promise come into effect?" he asked, rising from his chair.

"What do you mean, when will it come into effect? Don't promises come into effect the moment you make them?" she asked, as he approached her chair.

"Not necessarily," he said extending his hand to her.

Not sure what he was talking about she hesitated before allowing him to help her out of her chair. She stood before him, wondering what he was going to do.

"If I have to promise to try and behave myself, I would like to have a few moments before I am bound to that," he said softly, looking down into her eyes.

She suddenly realized what he meant, but before she could say anything, he wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips to hers. These were their last unrestrained moments together and she also took advantage.

Soon both their hair was released and flowing freely as they pressed against the other and kissed hungrily. Drake suckled her bottom lip before she threw her head back, exposing her throat to him. He trailed his tongue up from the hollow at the base to the tip of her chin and buried his hand in her hair bringing her head back down so that he could kiss her again.

She tugged at his jacket and waistcoat, pulling his shirt out from underneath. She needed to feel his skin against her palms one last time. The buttons of his waistcoat were quickly undone and she sighed deeply as she slid her hands up under his shirt. His skin was warm and soft over the hard muscles beneath.

Taking his cue from her actions, he was soon tugging on the laces to her dress. He loosened them enough to pull it down over her shoulders and trailed his tongue along her flesh there, placing kisses along the way. She moaned her pleasure and pulled off his coat and waistcoat, before pulling his shirt off over his head. She could feel his arousal pressing against her hip and gently pulled away. She trailed her fingers gently over his bare chest, trying to calm her breathing.

"Perhaps, now would be a good time for those promises to come into effect," she murmured breathlessly.

With great effort he let her pull away. He was moments away from scooping her up in his arms and carrying her upstairs. His eyes hungrily swept over her, her hair undone, the wild curls flowing over her shoulders, her breasts heaving beneath the loosened gown. He stepped towards her, running his hands along her bare shoulders. "One last time, V, just this one last time."

She stared into his eyes, knowing what pleasures awaited her. She knew how he could make her feel and she did want that. But at what cost? If she didn't expect anything from him in return, how could she get hurt, she thought. She could give into him now and then that would be the last time. Deciding the risk was worth the cost, she pressed herself against him. "Yes," she murmured against his mouth. "Take me upstairs."

He looked down into her eyes. "Are you sure? You won't be angry afterwards?"

"No. Take me, just take me," she breathed.

He captured her mouth again in a passionate kiss, tightly wrapping his arms around her. She expected him to pick her up and carry her up the stairs, but instead he walked her backwards until she was stopped by the billiards table. Breaking the kiss, he stared down at her breathlessly before turning her to face the table. Pressing on her back, he bent her over until her cheek rested against the smooth felt. Her skirts were quickly lifted and pantalets tugged down, fully exposing herself. Virginia lay against the table, barely able to catch her breath, her pulse racing as Drake's strong hands caressed her soft flesh.

"Oh Virginia," he whispered, kneeling between her spread thighs, breathing in the musky scent of her. His large hands slid across her bottom, caressing the soft flesh, before sliding down her thighs to her knees and then back up again, tickling the sensitive insides of her legs. He smiled at her gasp as his fingers gently spread her before he tipped his head back and slowly slid his tongue through her soft folds.

Virginia's hands curled into fists, a small cry escaping her lips as Drake's tongue sent her senses reeling. Oh, how was she to stay away from him when she knew he could make her feel this way? His fingers sought and quickly found the small nub nestled between her folds and her climax was almost immediate, her thighs clenching as she went up on her toes, her head rising from the soft felt of the table top, a loud cry piercing the air.

Suddenly Drake pulled her upright, tugging on the already loosened laces of her gown, letting it pool around her feet. She quickly shed the remainder of her garments until she stood naked before him. His hands skimmed over her, barely touching her burning flesh, worshipping her with his eyes. Finally, pulling her to him, she sighed as she felt his bare chest press against her breasts, the slightly rough fabric of his breeches against her soft thighs as his lips pressed against hers before he again turned and pressed her down against the billiards table.

She readily spread her thighs and closing her eyes, imagined they were once again on his ship. The only thing missing was the cool night air against her naked flesh. With a sudden thought her eyes flew open. "Drake," she spoke as his fingers were about to sweep away any chance of coherent thought.

"Yes, my dear," he purred.

"Can we...go out on the balcony?" she shyly asked.

"The balcony?" he asked, puzzled at her request. "Why do you want to go out there?"

"I want to feel the cool air on my skin, like I did on your ship," she replied, her cheeks flushing pink.

He chuckled at her request, "Alright, let's go. But put your shoes back on first."

Rising from the table she slid her feet into her shoes before Drake picked her up in his arms and carried her from the room, up the stairs to the balcony off the ballroom.

Minutes later she was bent over clutching the stone railing as Drake stood behind her, gripping her hips, driving into her. Virginia had her eyes closed, imagining they were on his ship, the night air cooling her heated flesh, transporting herself back to a time when it didn't matter what happened in the morning.

Billy and Elizabeth arrived back at the house well after dark. After a quick inspection of the main floor they figured that Drake and Virginia had gone to bed early.

"I guess we'll be sleeping in the guest room. Drake will be in your room, won't he?" Elizabeth asked.

"Maybe he's still up," Billy replied heading up the stairs.

They arrived upstairs and found both the guest room and his room empty. "Maybe he went back to the out-building," he said, before hearing a sound from across the hall. He crossed to Virginia's door and listened. He distinctly heard laughter, both Virginia's and Drake's. He stared at the door surprised and confused. He couldn't believe they were in there together again. With a sigh he turned back to his room, shaking his head.

"What was it?" Elizabeth asked.

Hesitating, he said jerking his head towards the other room, "They're in there...together."

Elizabeth looked across the hall in surprise, her eyes wide. "Oh," she said in a small voice. A sudden gleeful shriek came from the other room and they both started.

Billy looked at Elizabeth with hungry eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and tumbling backwards onto the bed, he said, "Come on, let's see if we can make more noise than them."

Drake slowly drifted awake and was momentarily confused. It was still dark and for a moment he couldn't remember where he was. It was then that he noticed the sweep of coppery curls across his chest along with a slender arm. He gently pushed the hair out of Virginia's face and gazed down at her. She was back. He wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight and placed a kiss on her head. She murmured and hugged him back. She sleepily opened her eyes and looked up at him for a moment before giving him a lazy smile and then drifting back to sleep.

It was a gray morning, with wet snow spattering the windows when Virginia awoke. Her head was still resting on Drake's shoulder and she sat up slightly and looked down at him. She had never awoken before him. Every morning on the ship he had already gone when she opened her eyes. She took this opportunity to examine him as he slept. She had always heard about how innocent and youthful people look when they sleep but he still looked just as manly and roguish. She gently ran her finger along his jaw feeling the roughness of his stubble. She leaned forward and trailed kisses down his neck and across his shoulder. She pulled the blanket back and began to kiss his chest. He moaned softly in his sleep and clumsily put his hand on her head. She felt his chest rise as he drew in a deep breath. She rested her chin on his chest and looked up at him as his eyes fluttered open. He looked confused for a moment and then looked down at her.

"Good morning," she said.

"Good morning," he replied with a smile, pulling her up to him. He kissed her gently and she snuggled back against him. "Did you sleep well?' he asked, hugging her.

"Yes, I did, and you?"

"Yes. I awoke in the night to find you snuggled up to me. I can't tell you how much I missed that."

"Do you realize that this is the first time we've ever woken up together? On the Aurora you were always gone when I awoke."

"I didn't know what I was missing," he said, kissing her again. "Have those promises come into effect yet?" he asked, his hand sliding down her side under the blankets.

She sighed deeply, feeling a tingle begin in her belly at his touch. "Not quite yet," she whispered, reaching for him under the blankets as well.

An hour later, Drake was slowly coming down the stairs when he heard a knock at the door. He was wearing only a loosely belted housecoat and was just going to ignore whoever it was when it opened and Thomas stood staring at him. His eyes swept over Drake, taking in his loose hair, bare chest and legs and correctly guessing that he was wearing nothing else.

"What are you doing here?" Thomas asked him curtly.

Drake contained his anger at the other man and calmly replied, "Going to make coffee," as he continued down the stairs and turned towards the kitchen. Over his shoulder he continued, "for Virginia and myself."

Thomas took a step into the house, rage bubbling up in his chest, when suddenly Virginia appeared on the upper level, also clad only in a housecoat, her hair in wild disarray. "Drake, could you also bring...oh my goodness, Thomas!" she exclaimed, noticing him standing below. She backed away from the railing, clutching her thin garment more closely around her.

Thomas' gaze quickly flicked from her to Drake and back again. "Well, I see you didn't waste any time did you?" he said snidely.

"I guess she wasn't that upset to lose you," Drake replied, matching his tone.

The two men glared at each other for a moment, before Virginia finally spoke. "What do you want, Thomas?"

He tore his eyes from Drake and looked up at her. "I came by to talk to you about the other night and to see if I could make you understand but I see that it's useless to try. You've obviously moved on," he said, his eyes flicking back to Drake.

"It wouldn't have mattered whether Drake was here or not," she said to him. "I know what I heard. Now, could you please go, and don't come back again."

He knew this was going to be his last chance. "But Virginia, please, can't we talk about this?" He glanced at Drake before looking up at her again. "Please. Yes, it was the money at first, but I don't care about that anymore. I've come to realize that I love you, I can't live without you. You can keep the money, I don't want a penny of it, I just want you." He looked up at her with his most sincere expression.

She looked down at him, into his eyes. She could see the desperation there, but was there love as well? Was he being sincere? She looked at Drake, who was glaring at Thomas with murderous eyes. Still clutching the robe tightly, she slowly came down the staircase. Thomas approached the foot of the stairs but she stopped halfway down when she could clearly see that he was lying. The desperation was still in his eyes but behind it all she could see was deceit. He didn't love her.

"Drake, could you please bring some toast up with the coffee? Goodbye, Thomas."

She continued to stare at him and saw the desperation turn to a flame of anger. His hands balled into fists and he placed a foot on the bottom stair. Drake took a step forward and with a glance at him, Thomas turned and walked out the door, slamming it behind him. She slowly sank down to sit on the steps as Drake rushed to her side.

"Are you alright?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her.

She nodded and looked up at him. "Thank you for being here. I wouldn't have wanted to face him alone."

They heard his horse pounding down the drive before he stood and said to her softly, "Do you still want toast and coffee?"

She smiled up at him. "Yes, please," before standing herself and heading back up the stairs.

Drake put the coffee and toast on a tray and carried it up the stairs. He was just about to open the door to Virginia's bedroom when the door to Billy's opened. The younger man had obviously just awoken. He was wearing a nightshirt with an open robe over it. His hair was sticking up and he squinted at Drake. "Mornin' Drake," he yawned, shuffling past him.

Smiling at his retreating figure, he replied, "Good morning, Billy." The door was ajar and he called inside, "Good morning, Mrs. Forrester."

He heard her giggle and call out, "Good morning, Mr. Stratford."

With a chuckle, he opened the door to Virginia's room and entered with her breakfast.

"Are the newlyweds here?" she asked.

"Yes," he replied handing her a cup and a plate with her toast. "And this time Billy was neither shocked nor angry to see me. Neither was Elizabeth as a matter of fact."

"I think he told her everything shortly after you arrived back," she said biting into her toast. "He had to confess that he and I aren't cousins so I think he just told her the whole story."

opels
opels
2,479 Followers