An Unexpected Romance For Dave Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What's the very, very minimum you think you could live on" I asked her. When she told me, I began calculating out what I believed she could get if she filed for unemployment.

"Are you crazy' she asked me in a surprised tone. "You hafta be nuts David! I can't do that. That's like lying to the government. I can't lie to them like that!"

"Sure you can because they won't know that you've transferred departments. All they know is that we had to lay you off for an indefinite period of time. We don't have the work for you right now, and in reality if we don't, you can transfer back to your old department. However, and I called her honey by accident, honey you won't have the same wage as you'd have here. It would be your old wage."

I didn't know if she noticed me calling her honey. It was a slip of the tongue for sure. I caught myself calling her that but it may have gone over her head. "So Jessica, what do you think? Could you regardless of your feelings and ethics, live with that proposal financially speaking?" I knew it sounded preposterous, but I did it for her.

"Sure I could" she replied. "I just wouldn't buy as much stuff that I normally would buy. I wouldn't go out to the clubs, lunch, and I wouldn't buy wine or ask you out for, well never mind that. I wouldn't go on a date with you if I worked underneath you."

I was surprised when she answered me that way. I thought, "Like why wouldn't we or why couldn't we go on a date" and I asked her but I suppose I knew politics and stuff would get in the way.

"When is my transfer over here effective?"

"I'll have it by tomorrow" and she wondered how it would look if she was laid off the following day. What didn't make sense was there was in reality a lay off looming anyways and 1% of each department was going to be laid off soon enough. Here in my department, it meant Jessica and two others. She wouldn't be laid off in her own department because Lori was low man on the totem pole there.

I figured we would avoid that subject and it would give her time to be with her sick brother. I would call her and see how things were going and that determined what her employment status was with the company.

Instead of taking the leave of absence, she got laid off and received unemployment benefits that hopefully would allow her to keep the apartment she loved on the South Side. By the following Monday, she was unemployed. Neither of us talked to one another over the weekend except for messages we left on the others cell phones.

My whole weekend was spent caring for my great aunt. I took her many places but by late Sunday night she asked me a strange question.

"Who is this girl you like Davey? Is she a nice girl honey? Am I going to get a chance to meet her Davey?" My great aunt was the only one besides my mom who ever called me Davey. I thought it was funny and treasured her calling me that.

"Aunt Felicia, how did you know? I've never talked to her or about her around here, so how did you know about her auntie?" In a hearty laugh she scolded me for being a moron. She didn't say it using that term but that was the gist of her comment.

"Davey, Davey, ohhh Davey dear how old am I? How old am I dear? I was married how many years? 52 years is how long I was married, right?" I said yes because I knew everything about my Aunt Felicia. "Davey, what is your girlfriend's name, when am I going to meet this girl, and tell me something about her. Is she real pretty Davey?"

"Wow, you still impress me auntie; you just know crap don't ya. You just have a great knack. I suppose I kept everything secret because we aren't dating officially, but I think we really, really like each other and well it is complicated."

"Honey, said his great aunt, what's complicated when you like someone?"

I began telling my great aunt all about her and how everything began. I went all the way back to the beginning. When she'd stop by my office and woke me up all the way to how I transferred Jessica into my department and promptly laid her off so she could be with her ailing twin brother who was close to dying.

My Aunt Felicia was astounded by my sweet, well intentioned act of so-called 'love' for her. She asked to meet her before it was too late and told me she had something special to tell me too. She wanted to gone into a long term assisted living center. That way I could have my life back; I could have some privacy, and she wouldn't be as much of a bother to me. I thought "That's nonsense Aunt Felicia."

Since Jessica was laid off, I called her the next night. Monday evening while we took a walk we talked for an hour and I invited her in for dinner. I told her how my great aunt knew I had a new friend and she wanted to meet my 'new friend'. We laughed at her connotation but Jessica accepted the invitation. She said she was impressed by my ranch style home. In my small subdivision most people there kept to themselves but always helped each other out during fall because the leaves were overwhelming.

Having tea at my house with Aunt Felicia was a fun time for her. My aunt was so congenial, wise, helpful, and offered her home, since she held title on it if Jessica ever needed a place to stay.

To her that offered an interesting set of opportunities, but Jessica was not like that and never would take advantage of such an offer for any reason I thought. It was an intriguing idea but she wouldn't do it in my opinion.

On the other hand, I absolutely loved her offer to Jessica. My thoughts ran rampant but knowing Jessica a lot better now, I knew she never would accept under any circumstances.

It was a great evening, Aunt Felicia retired by 10:00 that night and Jessica and I talked for another hour. Walking her out to her car, I asked her how she was really doing. I did actually care about her and her family even though I hadn't met them.

She told me she was doing okay and just before she stepped into her car, I grabbed a hold of her, told her goodnight, and I gave her a long hug. I didn't kiss her but we embraced in a long hug. I didn't want to let go of her because I could feel her emotions pouring out to me.

Facing the opposite direction I had a brilliant loving smile projected on my face. She felt renewed as the tight hug came to an end.

"David, I had a great time and I am so happy you invited me in for dinner. I hope we might get together like this again. Your aunt is so sweet. Tell her thank you very much and please call me very soon, okay, please David? I want to see you again, alright?"

At that precise moment I wanted to hug her again and kiss her after what she said but I said I'd call her in the morning. "What time should I call?" She told me 8:00am was perfect. She pulled away waving goodbye and yelling something.

I realized I was crazy about Jessica. She turned on her radio in the car and began singing love song after love song. I wanted to talk to her. Pulling out my cell as I stood on the porch I began to dial her number. Then it rang just as I was calling her up.

"Hi how are you", I asked thinking it was Jessica calling me.

"I'm good how are you" asked an unfamiliar voice. I said fine but began to ask if it was Jessica but I didn't get that far and thankfully enough I didn't.

"This is Connie, what are you doing?"

"Just hanging out what are you doing" I asked curiously.

"Ohh I'm driving around and was headed home and thought I'd swing by since I'm near where you live?"

"Umm, at this time of the night" I asked her, "why would you want to stop here?"

"I uhhhh thought you might not be busy and well, we uhhh could talk? I don't know, is that cool?"

"Well I was gonna sit down and relax but I suppose it's cool. You know where my house is at?" I thought it was strange Connie knew exactly where it was. Connie was 26 and always on the hunt for a guy to hook up with. She was always well-intentioned but she has had her batch of failed relationships. She figured I wasn't such a bad guy, not a bad looking dude either and figured I'm funny, warm, and likeable to from what she knew of me. I knew Connie's history but she was a warm person. I figured what would it hurt to sit and talk? That's all, sit, and talk with her.

She was there in 3 minutes. She pulled up and smiled at me as she got out of her car. She was on the hunt. She wore an outfit that bled 'sex me up it you will because I am ready and I am willing' appearance. That's how I read into it. Her hair was all done up, unlike at work; it was long, wavy, soft, and luxurious. She wore a soft ribbed top than ran too low for comfort and a skirt short enough that if she took one step too high, you could possibly see into the heart of her dripping monster. Yes she was dressed as if she dripping with desire.

My eyes widened and that made Connie happy. My mouth opened up and she was delighted. When I only stared at her outfit, she had a look saying she was in heaven.

She wasn't successful at whatever nightclub she went to out my way, so she decided "Why not David? He's a nice guy and I'm desperate, and even though he's not built like I like my men, I'm sure he could execute it all for my 'Promiseland'. Okay so I embellished it somewhat, but my point was made.

"Hi Dave, I'm not disturbing you, am I? Isn't it a nice evening? I thought it was such a nice night that I'd take a drive and see where it leads me. All of a sudden I thought, 'wow I'm in Dave's neighborhood and maybe he's home', so I decided call him and see."

"Wow, you're dressed like for a night time drive Connie, like that", I asked, "wow umm I mean you look like you are out on a hott date with someone. I'm not heading anywhere if that's what you wondered. Plus we both have work tomorrow or at least I do. Wow that is one hell of an outfit you're wearing girl."

"Welllll thaaaaaankyouuuu Dave, at least someone appreciates my new outfit." I checked out every last detail as she smiled at my appreciation for how she looked in the outfit. The skirt rose well enough above her knees that I knew she was healthy. "You look nice too. Is that a new shirt? Those jeans look fantastic on you. Yes they do."

"Thanks Connie, sit down. It's nice enough out tonight we can sit here on the porch but I'm keeping the lights off because of those mosquitoes. Besides, my aunt is inside sleeping."

"Who, your aunt, I didn't know you lived with anyone. So how long has she been a housemate, so to speak?"

We sat and made small talk but Connie was itchy for some action sometime that evening. Before the night was over she wouldn't mind someone to spend an evening with. "Care to take a short walk Dave?"

"Sure, yeah why not; walking with someone as nice looking as you is surely gonna boost my ratings if I get noticed at all."

She loved my sense of humor and we took off down the street talking away but before I knew it her hand was on mines and she stopped and said, "Dave I'm a nice person who cares about people a lot, aren't I?" I said yes. "Don't you think I'm attractive and don't you think others think that about me?" I answered her yes that she was.

"Why are you really here Connie? I know you well. I like you like the others like you but I know you well enough and I'm not the type of guy you normally want when you are, well, in need of things. So why did you come here tonight? I'm not going to" but she cut me off and kissed me right on the lips! Wow she didn't just kiss me she vacuumed me up as if she was a commercial shop vac!

That moment was a pleasure ride. She attached herself to my lips for who knows how long. Oh wow did she arouse the ever-living erotic desire from me. She had to know something was going on, although our bodies weren't that close at that moment because all of a sudden she pushed one hand against my-know-what and started searching and squeezing for you-know-who.

I backed off only a second. I stopped thinking about Jessica and I probably shouldn't have. I hear "Mmmmmm, mmmm and nnnnn, nnnnn" and it wasn't necessarily Connie making those sounds. I loved her sensuous nature and kissing. I enjoyed the living heck out of it. I was mesmerized by her aggressive approach.

With her hand still on you-know-what, she stopped, smiled and said "Now isn't this a much better evening? I think you and I are a perfect fit" and then her hand suddenly found exactly what it was set out to find. Her hand turned, twisted, and clamped so casually that she had me succumbing to her vixen like ways.

"Damnit Connie, why, why are you, oh damn that's nice. Oh damnit Connie why are you doing that to me? Do you really want to seduce me, oh hell that's so, oh wow" as I tried to focus and be rational while she hit on and seduced me.

"Yes Dave, yes you are what I expected. I'd love to please you the right way David. Isn't there somehow I could do that for you tonight sweetheart? Isn't there honey?" She was horny for a guy and something snapped in me and thankfully I came to my senses.

"Connie, if I didn't think I was getting involved with another woman, I would accept your offer and 110% girl. I would, I would, oh damn I would!"

I held her hand where it initially settled down below and I felt her hand clutching my aroused you know what. I wanted her so badly I could taste it. I almost gave in because I began to undo my buckle and unzip it right there in the parking lot area where we ended up but I couldn't do it. I wanted to make love to the sexy woman who never ever dressed like that in our office. Plus she was a co-worker and that wasn't going to work out.

I kissed her and hugged her too long and unnecessarily too tight but said, "In another time and another place, I'd love for this to happen with you, but I just can't and I'm sorry."

She pulled her hand off me and she backed off disappointed, but I was proud of myself; I didn't breakdown although she tempted me and my nerves of so-called steel showed it. She and I walked back to my house, not hand in hand, and not as happy as we could have been, but I knew who I wanted and unfortunately that evening it wasn't Connie.

Too late to call and talk, I left a message after Connie left. "Hi Jessica, I'm so happy you came tonight. I'm really...well I'm very, very happy. Aunt Felicia was thrilled too and I'm sure of that. I can't wait to talk to you in the morning. Call me anytime on my cell, okay, anytime alright? Oh by the way, I miss you" and then I hung up.

She knew what time I'd be up and at 7:10am and before Aunt Felicia was up she called. Now that was a nice wake up call. Talking away, time slipped by and before we knew it the clock read 8:00am. "Oh geez, I gotta run Jessica I'm late as it is." She practically pleaded with me to call her as soon as possible, so when we hung up, just like kids, I called her right back while I drove to work.

We laughed and laughed. It was the greatest car ride a guy could have. Right then I wanted her to be with me. I did two things right away. I asked her to go dancing with me, somewhere nice, but romantic too. Also, I called work and apologized for being late. Nobody else was in yet. I took vacation time and decided to spend time getting to know Jessica much, much better and her family too.

Part two to come...

12