Angel of Misplaced Mercy

Story Info
No kindness ever goes unpunished.
1.4k words
3.81
9.3k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gagamama
Gagamama
18 Followers

Doreen's friend Kate called her a jerk who wore her bleeding heart right under the hospital volunteers badge. What did it matter, Doreen thought, if first, she was helping others less fortunate, and second, it made her feel good to bring a smile to some patient's face? The terminal cases and those on the verge of dying were most in need of a friend, a caring soul.

The hospital she visited once a week for two hours had a dog, she knew. Dogs would revive patients' interest in life, if only for the duration of their visit. Doreen was not unaware that she was attractive — at least as fetching as a Labrador with her long, silky hair. Kate called her a sexual provocateur. "You're so tall that you're intimidating, your breasts are too perfect, and you look like a walking baby-making machine."

"Ha ha," Doreen said with sardonic laughter. "There's only one baby. I take care of her by myself as a single mother. Don't get on my case." Unconsciously, her hand massaged her stomach as though inviting sensation in her torso.

"I'm thinking you're Florence Nightingale on some weird errand of mercy. Always taking care of others."

* * *

Any doubt Doreen had disappeared when she looked in on Devin McCarthy and brought him a choice of magazines. Sitting on the edge of his bed in the private room, she asked the noncommittal question, "How're you doing," and gave him a big smile.

The patient looked her up and down. "Not so good. Who're you?"

"Volunteer. My name's Doreen Coburn. I just come by the see if there's anything I can do to make time go by while patients recuperate from whatever."

"Well, I'm not doing so hot. It's...well, it's hard to talk about it."

"What's wrong?" She put her hand lightly on Devin's arm to show empathy.

"I collapsed at work. When I woke up the doctors had done their tests. Told me I have less than a week."

"A week here?"

"A week to live. Or less. It's cancer," and he pointed to his head. "X rays show there's nothing but scrambled eggs up there."

"Where's your wife? Your family?" A cold chill made her revisit mortality, the death of her husband and her weekly visits to church services.

He waved his hand airily. "My wife ran off with a co-worker. No children." He laughed hollowly. "No lover. In fact, it's been two years and I know I'll never love again. Never know the feel of a woman's kiss, her soft body."

Doreen's empathy — the qualities she'd been coached on and an internal reservoir of caring — went into overdrive. It had been three years and six months since her husband, friend and lover had gone under the wheels of a drunk driver. If there was any good fortune, her lawyer had collected a million dollars in damages, another reason Doreen could work part-time and volunteer a few hours.

"I could kiss you," she offered tentatively. Immediately, Devin's arm snaked around her neck and pulled her face to his. The man smell and scratchy unshaven cheeks brought back a flood of recollections. She tried to replay the memory of what her husband had felt like falling like a canopy over her body, probing until he had seated himself inside her and then thrusting up in the act that had been pleasure and procreation. But her memories were cobwebby, just as her libido was dusty.

She pulled free, decisively, and said, "I'll lock the door." Visiting hours were over and most of the nurses were on break. If she could assuage this poor man's final desire before passing, well, it would be her gift. Charitable if not exactly Christian.

She dropped her skirt and pulled her polo shirt over her head, letting Devin watch every move. Bending, she pulled down her panties, glad she could show off a thong, and then arched her back so her bra would fall free. Then she got under the sheet and wrapped her arms around the patient. Her breasts were cold with anticipation, but her heart chilled that she might prove inadequate attendant to the patient.

"I don't have a condom," he whispered as his hand lifted her breast and thumbed a pink nipple. The hand quickly slid down to reach between her legs and fingers parted her lips to find her clitoris.

"I think I'm safe. I just finished my period and I'll go right home and douche. This is kind of an emergency, I think." She brushed her auburn hair back from her face and looked deeply into his brown eyes. "I need love too. It's been so long, and my life's so hectic since...."

He rolled over on top and thrust himself inside her. Doreen was surprised it had been so easy, that she had gotten wet quickly with no foreplay. And, oh, it was so comfortable to have this man's stiff cock working itself deep inside her. The sound of their bellies made a slapping sound in rhythm with his plunging penetration. For this too-short moment she felt complete again. She was Earth Mother, giving succor to a needy man and she knew suddenly what the Good Samaritan felt on that lonely road. Her legs rose in the air and her hands went around his back as she pulled him as close to her loins as possible.

This was the rhythm of life, the force that drives people forward.

With a gigantic push that she heard as much as she felt, he stiffened and ejaculated deep inside her womb, filling her with the seed of life. From a hidden well within her body, she responded and let the orgasm rise to overcome her mind and body. She was being fulfilled, physically and spiritually.

* * *

"It's so sad," she told Kate. "Devin is a handsome man, young and vital, and by this time next week he'll be dead. It makes me want to cry — and I've shed so many tears."

The pair was in a motel bar on the highway and Kate had been trying to console Doreen.

"Devin McCarthy?" Kate exclaimed. "I know Devin! He's notorious! Tried to grope me at a cocktail party. His wife wassooopissed when she found him in some neighbor's bed she whacked him in the head. That's why he was in the hospital. Said she'd cut off his junk him next time she caught him. Matter of fact, he's sitting right over there." She pointed to the bar and Doreen gasped.

The man was laughing and, when some comment came out, he punched his friend's shoulder for emphasis. Doreen's body went cold and she felt faint. A dead man walking and talking and drinking. Not a day earlier, Doreen had douched and bathed and douched again with spermicidal jelly to wash his cum out of her vagina.

Doreen excused herself to go to the ladies room. In a stall, she took out her pad and pen. Tears dropped on her note and she began again.

"Devin, I don't care about your condition. I need your body. Get a room here at the Bright Light Motel and get naked. I'll be there in half an hour." She signed it, "Your Angel of Mercy."

Taking the long way back to the table where Kate was checking her cell phone, Doreen dropped the folded note in front of Devin and walked away.

"So you're still trying to raise Lazarus from the dead?" Kate asked. "Good job, girl. Yessir. It's a medical miracle."

Kate excused herself with a little smile. "One more thing," she said. She walked into the lobby, checked the telephone directory and put in her call.

"Mrs. McCarthy, this is a friend. I don't want to disturb you, but Devin's in trouble. Girl trouble. He's at the Bright Light Motel and needs help. Right away."

She said goodbye to Kate, explaining that they'd have a long talk later. Then she sat in her car. She watched Devin leave from the lobby and go into one of the motel rooms. Ten minutes later, a minivan pulled up and a handsome woman got out. She went into the lobby and returned a moment later, heading straight for Devin's motel room.

"Oh, it's so hard being charitable to some people," she sighed out loud. "But thanks for the memories, Devin." Then she drove home to her daughter.

# # #

Gagamama
Gagamama
18 Followers