Anne Working Overtime Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tantala
Tantala
270 Followers

Anne felt an intense urge to run off again. Just get the away from everything. Even more so as she slipped in the pile of blood on the floor as she bent over to try to help the best she could.

As she got on with taking care of the poor woman, her thought once again drifted back to her own situation. What on earth should she do? Without thinking properly through it, she had actually put all her eggs in one basket by leaving her part-time job at the insurance company. Obviously – if she should try to be reasonable - it wasn't possible anyway, The way she had to come along on business and vacations trips with her clients it was an impossible call no matter what. Still, she should have tried to look for different options to try to maintain at least a certain degree – or rather a small chance – of independence. Now it all seemed to be too late. Lost case.

With Carol finally bandaged and asleep in her bed, she got to the bathroom to get herself cleaned up somehow. But as soon as she got inside, she fell against the wall and slipped down on the floor powerlessly as the tears pressed on. She let them flow freely as she emptied her mind of everything, just letting the tireless traffic of time pass by as she sat there doing absolutely nothing. What was there to do at a moment like this anyway? At least nothing that could change anything of what had just happened. Nothing that could bring her back and give her a fresh start all over. A start where she would be smart enough to interfere with the way of things before it got out of hand so totally as it had done now. Nothing. No fuckin' nothing!!

She sat like that for a long time, her mind just a black hole of the same nothing. Then, all of a sudden her cell phone rang. Anne almost crawled over to the chair to get it.

"Anne?"

Yes?" Anne wasn't able to recognise the trembling voice. She blinked to get the tears out of her eyes, trying her best to focus on the unclear voice.

"Anne, It's me, Catherine. Can we talk?"

Tantala
Tantala
270 Followers