Another Chance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,715 Followers

"I befriended a man in prison. They called him Killer; he told me he would help me get an early release. He also told me he had a daughter he loved named Angie and that she was a lawyer. I was wondering if that beautiful daughter he talked about was you."

My new lawyer eyes were glistering. She looked at me eye to eye and said, "Yes, Killer ... I mean, Dave ... my father's name is Dave and he asked me to look into your case. He has never asked me to do that before so he must have really liked you. I was surprised when he asked but I would do anything for my father."

"A.J., can I call you Angie? I know we just met and you are my lawyer but you are way too pretty for me to call you A.J. and I sure don't want to call you Ms. Brady. What does A.J. stand for anyway?"

"Anjolina Juanita Brady is the name I go by. Now you know why I chose A.J. Look, Ray, we have a number of things we need to talk over..."

"Would you have lunch with me?" I asked.

"Ray, I don't date clients."

"This isn't a date; it's lunch. I have to go to work in a couple of hours and I need to eat. If you don't want to call it a date, then you can pay for it and call it a business meeting. You do take clients to lunch once in awhile, don't you?"

Angie was smiling and her big dimples were showing. "No wonder Dad liked you. Yes, I do take clients to lunch and I do eat. Let me tell Mary we will be leaving and then we can go to lunch."

I watched her get up. She was a very nice looking woman. She had looks and a personality; that was something you don't often find in an attorney.

We headed out to lunch and went to a really nice quiet restaurant. After ordering lunch she explained to me about seeing my parole officer. She told me he was a pretty decent guy but I would have to follow the rules and not to get into trouble. I was to meet with him twice a month for a couple of months and then once a month for the rest of the year.

"Angie, you know everything there is about me. Are you going to tell me anything about yourself?"

"Ray, I don't think it would be appropriate to talk to you about my personal life."

"You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and I love to see your dimples when you smile."

"Ray, please, I told you I don't date clients, but thank you for the compliments." She couldn't help turning a bit red.

"Tell me about your law degree, that's business. I have a right to know that as a client."

She was trying to hold back a smile. "Okay, Ray, I have a law degree that I received from the University on a scholarship. I've been an attorney for a few years now. My specialty is in criminal law."

Our lunch arrived and we began eating. I couldn't help myself; my thoughts were all about Angie.

"Will I see you again, Angie?"

"As a matter of fact you have to come back next week to fill out the papers that you get from your parole officer."

"Can we do lunch again? I'll even buy." I could tell she was softening up a little.

"Okay, but it's a lunch to discuss business only." She couldn't help smiling.

After lunch we went back to the office. When she held out her hand to say goodbye, I just held hers in both of my hands for a few seconds. I had to wonder what she was thinking. I hoped she wasn't thinking I was some kind of kook. We said our goodbyes and I told her I was already looking forward to lunch next week. Her receptionist glanced at her and smiled. I guess clients didn't approach their lawyers like this too often. But again most lawyers didn't look like Angie.

I started back to work and it really felt great. In no time at all I was doing my job. I guess it's like riding a bike. Just get back on and start riding. Most of the guys I used to work with were still there. It's as though they had a newfound respect for me. No one messed with me.

The next two Mondays in a row I had an appointment with Angie. She tried to keep it business but I wanted to know more about her. The fourth week we were together she told me we were done with our business transactions.

"Are you still my attorney?" I asked.

"Why of course, if you ever have a problem all you need to do is call me," she said.

"Angie, I'm afraid I have to fire you. I'm so sorry."

"What? Fire me, in God's name what has gotten into you. I helped you get out of prison and I haven't charged you anything and you want to fire me?"

"Yes, you said you won't date your clients and I want a real date with you. I want to take you out for a real dinner and maybe dancing. I want to really get to know you. I know I'm an ex-con and a factory worker, but I want to get to know you better. I think you feel the same about me too because the last three weeks I could have phoned in the information you asked for. I think you want to see me also."

"Ray, I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. Yes, I'm slightly attracted to you, but..."

"It's the ex-con and the factory worker thing, isn't it? You don't think we should be together."

"No, no, that's not it at all. You are my client, I'm your attorney. What will people think?"

"Who cares! Just go out with me once. If you don't have a good time, then you'll know not to go again. Follow your heart; go out with me Saturday night. Look, I know I'm freshly out of prison and have been locked up for awhile. I don't know where this is going but I'm willing to give it a chance."

"Oh, God, I know I shouldn't do this but I'll go once. I'll tell you right now, don't try to get me to sleep with you. Oh, God, I can't believe I said that," replied Angie.

We went out that Saturday. I borrowed my sister's car. I didn't want to take Angie out in my old truck. She had given me her address and it was a town house. I knocked on her door and when she answered I saw the most gorgeous woman. I know all men see women differently. In my eyes she looked stunning, yet pretty. I wanted to grab her and hold her right then and there. I knew I had to be a gentleman but it was going to be hard. We went to a fancy restaurant and ordered wine and then dinner. We decided to talk a little after dinner while listening to the music.

"Angie, tell me about yourself. Where did you grow up? You must have been married because your last name is different than your dad's. Please tell me about yourself. You know my life like a book."

"Ray, my dad and mom didn't get along really well. Of course, you know the outcome. Dad's been in prison for fourteen years now. My brother and sister and I were raised by our aunts and uncles. I'm the youngest and I was fourteen when all this took place. It was really hard on all of us. My brother and sister haven't really forgiven Dad. They love him but they just can't forgive him.

"I knew Mom was cheating on him and I told him about it. I confronted Mom but she told me I was just a kid and didn't know what I was talking about. She told me someday I might really learn about life. That's when I mentioned it to Dad. Two weeks later is when he caught her with another man. I partially blame myself. If I would have kept quiet then it might not have happened."

"Angie, you don't know that. You aren't responsible for your mom's death or your dad's incarceration. They were adults and you were a kid trying to do the right thing."

"After dad was incarcerated, I decided I was going to go to college and try and become a lawyer and maybe I could help my dad get a lighter sentence. It's the reason I chose criminal law. Of course there wasn't much wiggle room in Dad's case. He was a brilliant lawyer himself and told me how proud he was of me but there wasn't much I could do to help him."

"Were you married before or is it none of my business?" I asked Angie.

"Both. I was married for a short time and it isn't any of your business." She smiled at me when she told me that.

"Ray, can we talk about this another time? I don't want to put a downer on this evening. I'm having a nice time with you."

"Would you like to dance? I have two left feet but it will give me a chance to hold you."

We got up and I asked the band if they would play a few slow numbers in a row. I took Angie in my arms and we danced. I held her close and smelled the scent in her hair.

"Ray, you should know that I don't date much. Because of the people I deal with, I have a rather large distrust of men. I'm just trying to be honest with you. If my dad wouldn't have sent you to me, I probably wouldn't be here tonight."

"I'm going to send your dad an extra carton of cigarettes. Angie, you're the nicest thing that has ever come my way. I'll do whatever it takes to get you to trust me. If I overstep my bounds, just tell me and I'll pull back."

When I took her home that night, I kissed her at the door. Afterwards she just stared at me. She leaned forward and kissed me again.

"Can I come in, Angie?"

"No, Ray, too fast, too soon, not tonight."

"Will you see me again, say next Saturday?"

"That might be a possibility. Call me around Thursday."

I went home a very happy man. We did go out the following Saturday and the Saturday after that. She told me more about herself.

"Ray, I want you to know more about me if we are going to keep seeing each other. I'm not going to hide anything from you. I'm not made that way. As I told you, I was married before. It was during my first year of college. This guy and I thought we loved each other and of course made love. I got pregnant and we decided to get married.

"We got a Justice of the Peace and he married us. We soon both knew that our marriage wasn't working out. We were too young. I had a miscarriage and my husband and I talked it over and knew we had made a mistake and got a divorce. I kept the last name Brady because my dad said I should so it would distance me from his last name of Miller. Of course that was my maiden name."

I felt so good that she was finally confiding in me. She asked me about my kids and I told her that they wanted to meet her. I mentioned that I had talked about her to them and my daughter kept asking to meet her.

"Angie, would you like to meet my sister and my two kids? We are having a family barbeque and you're invited. It will be a week from Saturday."

I knew this would be a giant step for us if she agreed to come. Meeting my family was the first step in us becoming closer.

She was looking everywhere but at me. I knew she knew this was a big step. She took a very deep breath and then looked me in the eyes. She then leaned forward and kissed me. This was the first time she had ever kissed me first like this. As she backed away she took another deep breath.

"Okay, Ray, count me in. What do you want me to bring?"

I had no idea what women did at these cookouts. I told her I would have Amy call her. When I told Amy about Angie coming to the family cookout, the number of family members who were coming to the cookout increased. They all wanted to meet the new lady in my life. My mom and dad were coming as well as some cousins and aunts and uncles. Angie did say she would make potato salad. I remember Amy telling me how sweet Angie sounded when she called her. I think she was hoping that something might happen between us. I knew I did.

I stopped by Deb's house every other weekend to pick up my kids. I would take them over to Amy's or we would go out somewhere. It was fun being with them. I did question them about their mother but always tried to do it in a nice way. Kyle told me that their mom had gone out with a man. It bothered me at first until Kayla told me it was a school teacher. His name was Pat and he taught health class and was a soccer coach.

I did ask Deb about him and she said, "I told you I'm trying to turn my life around. Pat's a nice guy. His wife died of leukemia two years ago. He moved here to start over. He has a fifteen year old daughter and Kyle and Kayla like her."

"One thing I want to tell you, Deb. Your lying and cheating ruined it between us. If you care for this man, treat him right and above all be honest with him. Don't mess it up like you did between us."

"Pat likes our kids and treats them good. He knows about you and understands that you're their father. I hope it works out for us. I hope I didn't ruin it for you and all women. You are a good man, Ray, and I know you'll find the right woman. I'm just sorry for all the hurt I caused you."

I said my goodbyes and drove home. I had found a small apartment about a mile from where Deb and the kids live. I found one with two bedrooms so the kids would have a place to stay when they are with me. I still stop by Amy's a couple of times a week, usually to eat but I like visiting with them also.

When the day of the barbecue came, I was a nervous mess. I was standing out in the street waiting for Angie to show up. I felt so relieved when her car pulled up. She smiled at me and handed me a bowl.

"Potato salad and you better eat some," she smiled at me.

She looked beautiful. I don't think she could look bad in my eyes. I just felt so good when I was around her. I knew I was falling in love with her even though we never did any more than kiss. Some things you just know. I was just hoping she had some feelings for me too.

I introduced her to everyone as a good friend of mine. When I introduced her to Mom and Dad, she smiled and gave them each a hug. Dad said right in front of her, "Don't let this one go, Ray. We already love her and don't even know her."

Angie looked at me and just smiled. I took that as a positive feedback. When I introduced her to Amy, they both looked at me.

"Ray, I never told you but I met your sister when I was interviewing people for your early release. I didn't tell you because the subject never came up till now. I had no idea that we would become friends. I told you I would never lie to you. That's why I'm telling you now. Amy and I have not talked since the parole interview until she called me about the potato salad."

"Is there anyone else you talked to that I should know about?"

"Yes, Deb, your ex-wife, Sue and, of course, Bob. I did talk to your boss at work to make sure you would have a job. The people who witnessed the bar fight and, of course, the police who arrested you. I did it all in the capacity of being your attorney. I had no idea that I would be falling for you. After all, I had never met you. I'm sorry for not disclosing all this to you but I really wasn't supposed to tell you all this. You were my client and I needed to find out the truth before I could be behind you. If you want me to leave, please tell me and I will go."

"Go? Leave? You just told me that you were falling for me, that's all I heard." I grabbed her and kissed her, then put my arm around her and introduced her to the rest of the family.

I told Angie that I would be back in a few minutes. I had to go get my kids. They were dying to meet her. When I got back Kayla walked up and introduced herself to Angie.

"Hi there. I'm Kayla. Are you daddy's girlfriend? You sure are pretty, just like daddy said."

"Hi, Kayla. You can call me Angie or A.J. You are a very pretty girl yourself. It's so nice to meet you."

Kayla said, "Come over and meet my big brother. He's ten and afraid of girls. Kyle, this is A.J., Daddy's friend."

I watched Kyle shake Angie's hand. She knelt down so she could talk to the kids on their level. I could tell by the three of them talking that they were going to be friends. I went over and joined them.

"We like her, Daddy; she's so pretty and nice," Kyle, who wasn't exactly a talker, said to me. Again, Angie just looked at me and smiled.

The barbecue was great. Toward the end of the evening, I was talking with Angie when Kyle and Kayla came up to us. "Dad, you know how you said we were going to the amusement park in two weeks? Can Angie come with us? That way when me and Kayla are riding rides you will have someone to talk to."

I tried to explain to Kyle that he should ask stuff like that in private. Maybe Angie had other plans or doesn't like amusement parks. He looked at Angie and apologized to her.

"I'm sorry, Angie; I didn't know you didn't like amusement parks."

Angie started to laugh. She knelt down and said to Kyle. "Honey, what your dad means is that you should ask him questions like that in private, before asking me. As far as amusement parks go, I love them and I would love to go if it's alright with your dad. Maybe you and I can ride the roller coaster together."

Needless to say we all went to the amusement park and the kids rode everything they could. Angie kept her promise to Kyle and rode the roller coaster with him. She also rode the Ferris Wheel with Kayla.

On the way home Kayla said to me. "Dad, you have to buy a car instead of your truck. You can't expect Angie to use her car all the time because we can't all fit in your truck." It made both Angie and me start laughing, but the girl did have a point.

I didn't get to see much of Angie in the next couple of weeks. I had to work a couple of weekends and she was busy in court. We did talk a couple of times on the phone, but it just wasn't the same.

I picked up the kids one Saturday and we decided to go to Chucky Cheese. It was a pizza joint for kids. Besides the pizza they had all kind of games where you win tokens and get little prizes. We were at the house when Kayla asked me if she could call Angie and ask her to come with us. I didn't want to disappoint her so I said I would give Angie a call.

I called, "Angie, it's Ray. Kayla asked me to give you a call. What are you doing this evening?"

"Oh, hi, Ray. I was going out with a few friends. Why?"

"Nothing. Have a nice time."

"Ray, you said Kayla wanted to ask me something. Please hand her the phone."

"It's nothing, Angie..."

"Yes, it's something. Please hand Kayla the phone."

I could only hear one side of the conversation. "Hi, Angie. Dad is going to take me and Kyle to Chucky Cheese for pizza and games. We wanted to know if you wanted to come with us. ...yeah ... ok, I'll tell him,... we miss you too. ...okay, bye."

I felt sorry for Kayla. "I'm sorry, Honey, but she already had plans."

"What do you mean, Daddy? She said she would be here in half an hour. She told me to tell you about getting a car so she doesn't have to use her car all the time. Oh, yeah, Dad, she said she misses us."

That evening after we got back from the pizza place, where the kids each won half a dozen stuffed animals thanks to Angie and her game skills, I dropped the kids off at their mom's house. Angie told me it was about time we got to know each other more intimately. We went to my apartment and sat on the couch.

"Angie, you do know that I love you, don't you?"

"I wouldn't be here right now if I thought anything else. I want you to make love to me. It's been a long time since I trusted any man. All I ask is that you be caring and gentle. I don't want to be used; I want to be made love to."

We started on the couch and made our way into the bedroom. We did everything we wanted from me massaging her feet to licking whipped cream off her belly, and everything in between. We spent half the night caressing, massaging, and making love. I actually felt best when I could hold her after making love to her. It was so nice to cuddle and hold her close; it had been so long since I had done that. She ended up spending the whole night.

I got up before her and made us some French toast. She came out of the bedroom in one of my t-shirts. "That shirt never had it so good," I said to her. I couldn't believe she looked great even in the morning. She took a quick shower and we sat down and talked.

"Angie, what's next for us? You know I love you and my kids love you and all my family loves you."

"What do you want to happen next, Ray? There I go talking like a lawyer. We've only known each other for a few months and made love for the first time last night."

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,715 Followers