Apartment for Rent

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers

"Hmm, it sounds great. And I really like good Persian/Greek food. Thank you," the blonde smiled.

"No problem. I hope you have a great evening," Danny walked past her with a huge conniving grin on her face.

*****************

Mike tested the spiciness of the soup, and then checked the bread, briefly. Her cell phone sang out a tune, and as she answered it, she motioned for one of the other cooks to finish the raspberry vinaigrette dressing for the salad.

"Hey Slick, I know you don't like being harassed at work but this is important," Danny's voice boomed from the small receiver.

"What's up?" Mike's low voice clearly reflected her irritation.

"It's Samantha's birthday today and she is going to be at the restaurant," Danny could not keep the huge grin off her face.

Mike froze a moment trying to comprehend what she just heard. "What?"

"I'm serious," Danny affirmed.

"How do you know all this?" Blue eyes blinked, reality slowly dawning on the brunette.

"I bumped into her in the stairwell. She was all decked out in some very feminine clothing looking very sexy and after complimenting her we began talking. She told me she was going to treat herself to a nice dinner, but that she was going alone. So, I'm telling you, now is your chance," Danny's grin widened.

"Chance for what?" Mike's blinking continued.

"Come on Slick," Danny blew out an exasperated breath. "I've known you, like since...forever. Don't pussyfoot with me. She likes you. I'm sure of it. I asked her what her type was and she was basically describing you. Plus, you've already told me the way she sometimes looks at you."

"But she's my landlord," Mike whined.

"Fuck that Slick. Just do it," Danny snapped.

Mike didn't respond. Instead she took a peek into the dining room from behind the swinging door and saw Sam sitting alone at a small table. "I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." She didn't bother to wait for a response. After a few seconds of contemplating what to do, she flipped open the phone again and made a quick important call.

The waiter who attended to Samantha said he would return when she was ready to order. He walked into the kitchen and immediately Mike waved him over.

"Yes, Mike what is it?" he asked.

"Toli, I want you to give the woman at table seventeen the extra special treatment," the brunette directed.

"Ah yes, the extra special treatment. Is she one of your friends?" Toli smiled, fondly.

"Sort of. Now, this is how I'd like you to handle it." Mike spoke with her good friend and uncle of all that she would like to see happen.

The older gentleman with the peppered head of hair and black bushy mustache listened attentively. He smiled throughout much of the conversation and even laughed at his niece's excited anticipation. They had grown close when she started working at the restaurant and he was glad to see that she was moving on in her life.

Samantha read the whole menu and couldn't quite decide what to order.

Toli returned to the table with a big smile on his face. "Ah, Miss Deneb, our head chef has been informed that you are here for a special occasion, and is very delighted to prepare you a choice meal which will not disappoint. And since it is your birthday, we are happy to make your time here a wonderful one."

"Thank you very much, but how did you know it's my birthday?" Samantha asked, slight concern evident in her voice.

"Ah..." Toli tried to come up with an answer quickly before the whole plan was ruined. "Well... you told the host that Danny McKinney sent you. She called to inform us of your possible arrival."

"I see," the small blonde offered the waiter a tense smile.

"If you please, Miss Deneb, the head chef is ready to tantalize your taste buds, all you need to do is sit back and enjoy," Toli finished with a flourished bow.

Surprised at what she was hearing, Sam decided to go along for the ride. "Okay."

Another waiter approached with a bottle of 1993 Shiraz and poured a glass for the birthday girl, then left the bottle on the table.

Samantha took a sip and was very pleased with the subtle fruity flavor.

Toli returned with a baby green mixed salad with the special raspberry house dressing, a small loaf of fresh hot bread, roasted garlic, feta cheese, and fresh parsley.

Minutes later the blonde was presented with smaller versions of three of the most popular dinners. She couldn't believe her eyes. At first she thought it may have been some kind of mistake but the waiter insisted that this is what the chef wanted her taste.

"Excuse me," Samantha began, "But I'm worried I may not be able to afford such an extravagant dinner."

Toli just smiled and said, "There is no need for concern. The head chef would like the opportunity to sit with you and enjoy the presence of your company." He stepped aside and there stood Mike with a vase of two-dozen pink and white roses in her hands.

Samantha's eyes grew wide at the sight of this tall woman in black pants and white button shirt. Her hair hung down about her shoulders and she had a mischievous grin on her face.

"You're the head chef here?" Sam's green eyes blinked slowly.

Mike nodded as Toli walked away. "Um... happy birthday. This was the best thing I could come up with on short notice." She placed the flowers on the table and said, "These are for you."

Sam just shook her head. "This is all just so incredible. Danny set me up didn't she?"

"I think she set both of us up," Mike added.

The short blonde frowned at the comment, pondering the meaning behind it.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" the brunette asked, gesturing to the empty chair."I mean, unless... you prefer to eat alone?"

"Oh no, please sit. It will be great not to eat alone for once," Sam smiled. "At home, Max, my cat, keeps me company at meal time but he isn't much of a talker."

The two women shared a light laugh, happy to have set a lighter mood for the evening.

"So, what are all these things that have been laid out before me?" the smaller woman waved her hands over the enticingly laid table.

Mike was more than happy to talk about the different dishes at length.

As they sampled the various dishes and talked quietly, Samantha found herself swept away, by both the gourmet feast, and it's creator.

"Gods, this food is absolutely incredible!" Samantha enthused. "The salmon with the blood orange and rosemary sauce was to die for! The marinated beef and chicken kabobs with the dill rice were scrumptious, oh and I'll never forget the roasted quail in plum sauce!" the small blonde moaned in pleasure. "You truly are an excellent chef. Your life mate is going to be so lucky."

Mike smiled at the last comment. "Oh but wait, we're not done. The dessert should be ready by now."

"Dessert? What is it?" Sam found herself practically drooling at the possibilities.

"You'll see. I'll be right back," and, with a sexy wink, the tall brunette left the table.

Mike returned a minute later with two plates, each containing something different. Sitting down, she pointed to each delicacy in turn, and said, "This is baklava and this here is amygdalopita."

Sam looked at the sweets curiously. "Okay, now baklava I'm familiar with, although I have never seen it in this shape or style."

Mike picked up one of the small log shaped rolls. "This kind has the honey trapped within the folds of the fillo. The center is a rich chocolate ganache. Once it's rolled up, more honey is drizzled over it and then dipped in finely chopped walnuts."

"Gods, that sounds heavenly," the blonde groaned. "Did you make it?"

"No," Mike shook her head slowly, her raven locks swaying side to side. "We have a baker who comes in early every day to make the desserts. But I do know how to make them."

"May I try it?" Sam asked, licking her lips in anticipation.

Mike offered the morsel to her and was surprised when Sam leaned over to bite into it instead of taking it with her fingers. Soft lips made brief contact with her forefinger that resulted in making Mike shiver.

"Mmm... oh that is so good!" the smaller woman exclaimed.

Dumfounded, Mike ate the other half of the treat and felt a flutter in her belly from the sounds Sam was making.

"And what is this?" Sam asked, pointing to the sweet cake slice.

"Oh, this is a Greek nut cake. It's made with ground almonds and cinnamon." the chef broke off a piece of the slice and once again offered it to her blonde companion.

Sam took it in her mouth and moaned at the moist texture and light nutty flavor.

Mike gripped the table's edge with her free hand as another flutter and shiver hit her core.What the hell? I'm getting aroused at the sounds she's making. And, I can't seem to help it.

The two women finished their desserts with further conversation and a couple of cups of strong coffee.

"I feel bad that I took up your evening. You're not going to get fired, are you?" Sam asked, quietly, as they exited the establishment, together.

"No. It'll be fine. My aunt owns the restaurant," Mike confessed, her full lips turned up in a sly grin.

******************

They spent the night walking off all the rich food they had consumed and sharing stories from their childhood.

Mike walked Samantha to her door and bid her good night. In the moment of intense silence, that followed, she moved ever so slowly towards the blonde's waiting lips, and kissed her softly.

Samantha opened her mouth slightly and allowed the entrance of a velvety soft tongue to caress hers. Gods, it feels so ethereal --- so divine. Not like kissing a guy... oh shit, I'm kissing a woman.She panicked and, abruptly, broke away and snapped her eyes open. She covered her mouth with a small hand and just stared, fearfully, into glowing blue eyes. Completely flustered, she pushed her door open and jumped inside slamming it behind her.

Mike stood there, stupidly, with surprise and confusion on her face. "Okay, that didn't go well. Goddamn it." She whispered harshly, and walked downstairs, dejectedly.

****************

Three days had passed without either woman seeing or talking with the other.

Mike lay on her stomach on the couch listening to her favorite Nine-Inch Nails CD on the stereo, while Danny sat in the recliner munching on chips and guacamole.

"I don't understand it. I just don't understand what happened between the two of you. Tell me again what happened," Danny asked, as she crunched another chip, noisily.

"No, I don't want to. I've already told you three times. Why must you analyze it?" Mike groaned, and grabbed a pillow to place over her head so as not to have to hear her friend rant.

"Because I'm good at getting to the bottom of things?" Suddenly the light bulb in Danny's head lit up. "I got it! Damn, why didn't I catch it before? Mike, she's new!"

"What?" the brunette lifted the pillow, covering her head, slightly, and peered out from underneath it.

"She's never kissed a girl, let alone be in a relationship with one. She's a baby virgin dyke. Her reaction was a result of her feelings, of being so new --- that's all," Danny finished her analysis with a flourish of her hands and a big toothy grin.

"Maybe you're right," Mike frowned, turning over all Danny had said in her mind.

"I know I'm right," Danny defiantly declared. "You should try to talk to her."

"NO WAY!" the brunette exclaimed, punching her pillow for emphasis. "Sam needs to be comfortable. I don't want her to feel pressured into anything."

"Okay, then at least write a note. Leave it at her door. Just something simple..." Danny paused to consider what the small blonde might need to hear at this point in time. "...apologize for overstepping her boundaries, say that you thought you were reading her correctly, but you may have been wrong. Say you didn't mean to ruin her birthday --- that you hope she is alright. Something along those lines."

Mike eyed her friend and sighed. She gave Danny her trademark raised eyebrow look and said, "Okay, get out. I swear you come down here only to eat what food I have. Go find yourself a girlfriend who'll cook for you."

"But I thought that's why I have you," Danny responded sarcastically. Then she jumped up and sprinted out before Mike could chase her.

Upstairs, Samantha cuddled with Max on the bed. She was tired of crying and fighting with herself about her sexuality. "Maxi, I think your mommy is a lesbian. Is that okay with you?"

The green-eyed cat purred in her arms.

She kissed him on the cheek and decided to get up.

In the kitchen, she prepared a turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich with a glass of soymilk.

After lunch, the small blonde sat on the couch to think about how she would approach Mike, about this topic and explain her actions the other night. Ah, yes the other night when she felt those lips against hers and that wonderfully soft tongue caressing her own. Her mind drifted to how that evening played out and then back to the kiss and how it made her feel. Soon her sex was knocking on the door of her mind. She slid off her jeans and leaned back onto the cushions. One hand slid under the T-shirt to tug at a rapidly hardening nipple unencumbered by a bra. The other hand found its way into her panties and between her sodden, swollen folds. She thought of Mike's strong, calloused hands stroking her body and her hips jerked.

Mike quietly approached the second floor apartment door. She laid down the card with Sam's name on it and placed the pink rose on top. She was about to leave when her keen hearing picked up a groaning sound.

"Ohhh... touch me. Ahhh.... Yes Mike, fuck me. Fuck meee," Sam's voice husked.

The tall woman's legs turned to rubber as she heard those words. She gripped her sex and accidentally leant forward too far thumping her head on the door.

Sam heard the noise and composed herself. She stood at the door a moment palms flat on the wood's surface and just listened. Grabbing the doorknob, she swung the door open only to find the platform empty except for the card and rose. She returned to the couch and read the contents of the envelope.Hmm, she's being very sweet. But this also means she must have heard me. Oh no. Sam's face scrunched in frustration.Goddamn. Alright alright, I can't dwell on that. She's made an attempt to reach out to me. Gods why is this so difficult?

Mike lay on the living room carpet, her heart beating wildly. She barely made it through the door without getting caught. Not wanting to give in to the tremors of her libido, she crawled to the phone and called Weasel.

Samantha looked out the window while she contemplated what she would do. Suddenly an idea came to mind so she went upstairs.

Danny opened the door surprised to see the short blonde. "Hey, what's up?"

"I need a favor," Sam asked, fidgeting nervously.

"Sure," Danny grinned, stepping back to wave the smaller woman through her doorway.

They sat at the kitchen table, after Danny cleared off all the pizza boxes and empty cartons of Chinese food, and talked about getting Mike's attention.

"So do you think that will work?" Sam asked.

"Definitely. Trust me. I know Slick like the back of my hand," Danny gave Sam a knowing wink, accompanied by her trademark toothy grin.

"Why do you call her Slick, sometimes?" the small blonde inquired, her nose scrunching slightly, as she did so.

"Well, in high school, she used to be really smooth with the girls," Danny let out a wistful sigh, her mind lost in remembering simpler times, with her best friend. "She broke many hearts and she made more than half the girls in school reconsider their sexuality."

Sam smiled at the thought.I know I would have fallen for back then too. "And why does she call you Weasel?"

"Um..." Danny blushed, furiously under the blonde's scrutiny. "Well I can be rather sly about getting my way," She explained, giving Sam another wink and grin.

"Thanks for your help Weasel," the small blonde returned both the wink and the grin."So I'll see you at 7 pm?"

"Yep, we'll be there," Danny nodded, walking Sam to the door. "And, don't worry," she called after the slight figure retreating down the stairs.

****************

Danny walked in through the kitchen.

"What took you so long? You said you'd be right down," Mike asked, her irritation with her friend's laid-back attitude, clearly evident.

"I had some business. Chill out," Danny grinned, the brunette's mood not fazing her in the slightest.

"Let's go," Mike snapped.

"Wait a minute," Danny gave her friend the once over. "You've got to change."

"What? When did I ever have to change to go have a beer with you?" Mike spat out.

"Starting tonight," Danny answered. "Just go put something on in case you meet a girl. Ya never know what could happen."

"For Christ's sake," Mike muttered.

"Please Slick?" Danny gave her a huge toothy grin and batted her eyelashes.

"Blah," Mike said, "Please don't ever try being femme."

****************

The clock struck the hour as Samantha stepped out of the taxi. She looked at the front of the bar and took a breath to muster her courage. She stepped inside and immediately saw Danny and Mike.

The two women were playing a game of pool. It was Mike's turn, and when she bent to take the shot something caught her attention in her peripheral vision.

There stood Samantha in a short brown suede skirt, thigh high nylons, brown-heeled loafers, and a cream colored silk blouse. Sam took off her brown leather coat and walked over to her target.

Mike's mouth hung open and Danny elbowed her to close it. Danny then decided to head to the bar to leave them alone.

Samantha stepped right up to Mike and said in a low voice, "Thank you for your note and the beautiful rose, but I'm the one who needs to apologize. Could we talk?"

"Sure." They moved to one of the tables nearby. "What would you like to drink?" Mike asked.

"Sam Adams," the blonde answered, her green eyes sparkling.

Mike retrieved the cold beverage and sat down.

"I'm sorry for not talking to you in the past few days," Sam began nervously. "And I'm sorry that I broke away from the kiss that one night. You didn't do anything wrong. It was all me. It was..." She twirled her beer then continued. "It was my first time kissing a woman --- I just panicked when I realized it. But I wanted to be kissed. I wanted it so badly that I was giving you all the cues. I mean I took the desserts from your fingers with my mouth. That's an obvious indication," Samantha blushed, and then continued on with her confession.

"So, I spent these past few days crying and trying to figure out if I'm a lesbian or not. I needed the time to reflect and make sure. I've also done a lot of reading on the subject. I think I'm what is called a femme," the blonde took a swig of her beer.

"Because, you see, I never found an attraction to other femmes or even androgynous women, and for me, that's where I thought, no I'm not a lesbian. But then you came along and I noticed right away that you only wear men's clothing and men's cologne and you carried yourself differently. I found it all so intoxicating and I realized I was attracted to you. But I should've told you all of this long before now. I didn't want it to turn out this way. And..."

Mike laid her hand over Sam's smaller one. "It's okay. We don't need to rush into anything."

Sea green eyes met with ocean blue for a long moment.

Samantha returned Mike's hand squeeze, "Um... you heard me earlier today, didn't you?"

Mikes eyes grew wide and she didn't know how to answer.

"It's okay," the small blonde moved her hand on top of the larger one and caressed it soothingly. "So, you know how I feel about you."

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers