Arranged Bride to Be

Story Info
Eighteen year old Alison is forced to marry, a hunk.
1.6k words
4.23
80.6k
40
17

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 07/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't want this, I didn't choose this. My father has ruined my life just to further benefit his own. Some say this is a blessing, well they are wrong. This is a curse. – Alison Shade – January

~~~~
One week earlier
~~~~

My name is Alison Shade, the daughter of the noble Mr Richard Shade. Being born into a rich family sucks. People expect things of you that they wouldn't of other girls my age. I turned eighteen in December. Some people of my village would call me a Beauty. I tend to disagree. I mean, what is attractive about being the only person in an entire village with Auburn hair. I guess my body is okay, I am tall at almost five foot eleven, but I hate my fat. My mother calls them my 'womanly curves'. Not only that, but my eyes are so green that I have been accused of witchery. Yeah if I was a witch there is no way I would be in this situation.

Yesterday my father called me into his study for 'a little chat'. Little did I know this said 'chat' would change my life forever. When I sat down he started telling me all about my responsibilities to the family, being a woman and all. Then he started telling me how I was at such an age to be married and to provide my husband with children to carry on his name. Even then it didn't occur to me what he was trying to hint at. He looked at me waiting for my response, when he received none he simply stated, "Alison Shade, the time has come for me to send you away to your betrothed."

He wanted a reaction; well I sure gave him one. I started screaming at him about how this was not fair. I mean, didn't I get to have a say in this. He calmly told me that it was agreed when I was still a wee toddler that one month after my eighteenth birthday; I was to be married to David Wonderland, son of George Wonderland, the richest man in the village three over from ours. How could I be expected to marry this man? I had never met him and before today didn't even know of his existence. How could I marry him if I didn't love him? When I voiced these opinions to my father however, he simply stated, "You are not required to love him. Your only obligation in this marriage is to bear him children." Well that is how I got to where I am now.

~~~~
The wedding day... One hour before the wedding
~~~~

The wedding was decided to be held in my family's gardens. I should be in my room right now, preparing to walk down the aisle, but I could not resist one last stroll through the terraces. I love sitting in this gazebo.I could sit here and paint for hours, and I usually do.I am daydreaming when I hear movement behind me. "Oh, my apologies I didn't expect there to be anyone here. I was just trying to escape the excitement inside." I turn slowly expecting to see one of my father's many friends, but am completely shocked at what I see.

Behind me is the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. I slowly curtsy before replying, "No, I should be the one to apologise. I should also be in their as I am one of the reasons why there is so much excitement in the first place. I am Alison Shade and who may you be?"

The look on his face is one of pure shock. He slowly reaches for my hand, placing a light kiss on my fingertips before speaking again. "Pleasure to meet you Alison Shade. Might I say you look exquisite today? Is that your wedding gown?" I look at him blankly for a moment.Here is the most amazing man in the world in front of me and he wants to know about my gown. I don't even know his name.

"No this is just my day dress, I still have to change. If you would excuse me Mr ..." I tilt my head in question as to what his name is.


"Oh my apologies, I never introduced myself did I? I am David Wonderland." Well I think my heart almost stopped then. This was the man I was supposed to be marrying. I feel a blush creeping from my chest to my hairline on my forehead. I take one last glance at him before quickly scurrying away.

As I burst through the doors to my quarters my mother and the maids all rush at me trying to dress me for the wedding. "Alison Rosemary Shade, where in the blue blazes have you been. You were supposed to be getting ready one hour ago. Now we have to rush. Alison, could you not be on time for once? The bride late to her own wedding, what a disgrace." My mother always was an over-reactor.

"Mother I just had to stand in my gazebo one last time; once I am married I will have to leave. You of all people should understand." A look of sympathy crosses my mother's features for a moment before she recomposes herself.

"Alison this is a blessing, getting married to such a fine man. You are making your father and me very proud. I am sure that over time you will come to love your new husband as I have come to love your father. "I nod at my mother, fighting back the tears in my eyes. Eventually I give up on the struggle and let the tears run free before throwing my arms around my mother in an embrace.

"I am going to miss you dearly mother, father too. I am certain that I will and I know see that it is a blessing. I love you mother." Mother sits there stroking my hair for a while before shifting.I know that this was to be my fate and I am starting to accept it. It will not be that bad, now that I know who I am marrying.

"Don't be daft sweet heart, you will be visiting me, and it is not like I will never see you again. Enough with the tears, I need to dress you now."

~~~~
The Wedding...
~~~~

I have never been so nervous in my life. I am not nervous about how I look, mother made sure that I look my best. "It is the first time your husband will see you, must look your best." Little did she know we had already met in the gazebo. The gardens looked amazing. Well they always did, but they looked almost magical. My older brothers three youngest daughters were throwing little rose petals on the aisle ahead of me. They look adorable in their little dresses. My youngest nephew is carrying a little pillow with the rings on the top and it shocks me as to how much planning has really gone into making this wedding spectacular. I made a sure point while walking down the aisle, to keep my eyes to the ground, I am too nervous to look at my soon to be husband.

Finally I reach the end of the aisle and my father gently squeezes my hand before passing it to the waiting hand of David Wonderland. I then allow myself to look up at him. I finally get a good look at the amazing specimen before me. He has shoulder length blonde hair that is pulled back into a French braid and held there with a small manly (if that is even possible) black ribbon to match his suit. His jaw is sharp and angular, but also has a softness to it, giving him the look of a boyish man. His eyes are a deep and dark blue that I lose myself in when I look at them. He notices me looking and smiles, and boy what a smile it is. His soft looking pink lips separate to show a row of small white teeth. My heart melted just looking at that smile. "You look amazing," he mouths at me. I supress a girlish giggle and blush looking towards the ground before mouthing back a small thank you.

The priest starts the service and I feel myself becoming uncomfortable. That hand that David is holding is slowly becoming sweaty and I cannot remove it from his grasp. I could not have been more relieved when the priest announced our vows and the exchanging of rings. I am surprised to see that the rings fit both of us perfectly and also relieved to see that my nephew has managed to not lose the bands. After we exchange the rings there is a loud cheer from the two families and invited guests. I am glad that nobody expects us to share our first kiss in front of them. That, and other things, is thankfully saved to be a private moment between the two of us. However we are expected to stay for an afternoon lunch in the gardens before leaving to travel to David's village.

By late evening everything was prepared for our departure. I thought I was nervous before, well that was nothing compared to what I am feeling now.

To be continued....

~~~~

Hey there. I wanted to try my hand at a little romance and discovered there are not many stories in this category so here is my attempt. Please comment and leave me feedback. I am still looking for an editor so feel free to comment your interest as I will check the comments.

Love Forever and Always, Jezz