At Long Last Ch. 01

Story Info
A romance, a long time coming.
8.7k words
4.6
25.8k
14
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/17/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ok, readers. It's up to you. This is based on a true story. Should I continue it in further installments?

*

Mike was my closest, and oldest, friend. We had known each other for 20 years, and had become like brothers. His wife, Anna, had also become one of my closest friends, and was one of the most beautiful and intelligent women that I had ever known.

After my divorce, Mike and Anna were there for me, Anna even going to the length of setting me up with a couple of her cousins, beautiful Filipinas like herself.

About three years ago, Mike stunned Anna by telling her that he wanted a divorce. He had been sleeping with his secretary and gotten her pregnant, and was planning on marrying her. I think I was almost as shocked as Anna was, thinking that I was his closest friend, but not knowing that he was capable of doing something like that.

Knowing the feel of that kind of betrayal after my own divorce, I was Anna's crutch throughout the first few months. I helped her with the mental and emotional recovery, quite often through the use of late-night sessions with a bottle of Rum.

After the divorce was final, Anna and I started hanging out a lot more together. I had done a bit of dating since my divorce, and enjoyed the fact that I could be with a woman and not have to worry about whether or not we liked each other, or where everything might lead.

At one point, a couple of years later, I could tell that Anna was feeling down, so I asked her about it. She refused to tell me what was bothering her, telling me that she was fine, so I called Jessica, one of her cousins that I had dated briefly, and still talked to frequently.

"Her birthday's coming up next week," Jessica told me.

"I know," I told her. "I'm taking her out to dinner that night."

"She's going to be 40, you know," she informed me.

"No, I didn't know that," I answered.

"Yeah, and she's a bit bummed out right now. She's a divorcee, reaching a milestone age, and she's alone," she said.

"That would explain her mood lately," I said, more to myself.

"Yes, that would do it. So you'd better make it a really nice dinner," Jessica told me.

"I'll have to do that. Thanks," I said, immediately working to change my plans.

Knowing Anna's love of Latin cuisine, and dancing, I made reservations at a Columbian steakhouse that I knew of.

When I told her that we were going out for her birthday, all that I told her was that I had made reservations, that she should dress for a fun night on the town, and that we might go dancing.

"That's it?" she protested. "That's all you're going to tell me?"

"Yep," I replied, teasing her. "That's all you need to know. You have a problem with that?"

"Yeah, I have a problem with that! I need to know how to dress, all that kind of stuff!"

"All you need to know is that you should dress nicely. It's an upscale restaurant, so dress accordingly," I said, knowing that the suspense over the next few days would drive her crazy.

"You're so mean!" she protested again.

"Ok, if I'm so mean, then find someone else to celebrate your birthday with," I told her.

"NO!" she replied rather quickly. "I mean, no, I want to go out with you. I just need more information."

"No, you don't NEED more information," I said firmly.

"You're still mean," she told me, in her little girl voice.

"Yeah, yeah," I said. "I'll pick you up at seven."

"Fine. Meanie," she replied, as she hung up the phone.

The night of her birthday, I picked up a bouquet of tulips, her favorite flowers, and went to pick her up.

When Anna answered her door, my jaw dropped. She stood there wearing a black halter dress that went less than half-way down her thighs, and heels.

"Do I look ok?" she asked, turning around. Her bare back, combined with the little flair in her skirt as she spun, had me speechless.

"No," I answered finally. "You look better than 'ok'. You look ... incredible."

"Oh, stop it," she replied, blushing. "I'm too old to look incredible. As long as I look ok, I'm fine."

"Honey, you will NEVER be too old to look incredible. You look ok on a normal day. Tonight ... WOW!"

"Stop it," she repeated. "Are you ready?"

"I am, my dear," I said, as I took her arm and we walked out. She handed me the keys to her convertible, telling me that she didn't want to drive around in my truck, dressed like that.

The restaurant had an elegant, yet casual, setting. In one corner of the large room they had a stage set up, with a dance floor directly in front of it. The hostess explained that they had a band starting in a little more than an hour, and that we were more than welcome to stay.

As soon as we were seated I ordered a couple of Mojitos, their signature drink, as we looked over the menu.

Over dinner, we talked and laughed as we ate and had another drink. As we finished, the waitress asked if we were staying for the band. As Anna looked at me, I replied that, of course we were staying.

"It's your birthday. We will do whatever you want," I told her.

"Whatever I want, huh?" she asked. "That could be a dangerous statement."

I noticed the waitress, a beautiful Columbiana, look over Anna, and then smile and raise her eyebrows at me, as she laughed and said "That sounds like a win-win situation for both of you." Anna laughed, and I saw her watch the waitress as she went to get us another round of drinks.

The band was very good, playing a combination of traditional Columbian music and Salsa. Anna was having a great time dancing, and I did my best to keep up with her.

I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked as she moved with the music, her skin glowing with a light layer of perspiration and a huge smile on her lovely face.

The band started winding down after midnight, and I told Anna that we should probably head home.

"I don't want to go home," she protested as we walked to my car.

"Ok, where do yo want to go?" I asked as I helped her in, getting a nice view of her legs as she sank into the car. It was a beautiful summer evening, so I put the top down as I started up the engine.

"Do you still have some of that good Rum?" she asked.

"Yes, I do," I told her. "You're kinda buzzed now, though. You sure you wanna have another one?"

"Yeah," she sighed. "Let's go to your house, we can have one more, and we can talk a while."

"Sounds good to me," I replied, as I drove to my house.

We started talking as I drove, and Anna told me how grateful she was that I was always there for her. "I honestly don't know what I'd do without you in my life," she said softly, as she leaned towards me and placed her head on my shoulder.

"Well, that makes two of us," I told her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

We rode in silence the last few miles, and I thought that she had fallen asleep on me. Finally, though, as I went down my driveway, Anna sat up and let out a loud sigh.

She was almost leaning on me as we walked to the house, and I led her into my living room. I pulled out the Rum as she sat down in my reclining love seat, and I poured us both a couple of fingers of Appleton Estate as she turned on my TV and started channel surfing.

I sat next to her and handed her a glass of the amber liquid, and she leaned against me again. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, and I heard her sigh softly as she rested her head against my shoulder once more.

We sat there silently, sipping our drinks as she continued flipping through the channels. Finally, she came to a soft-core porn movie, and stopped.

Without saying anything, she put the remote down, finished off her Rum, and put her glass next to the remote. She put her head back on my shoulder and placed her hand on my chest. With my arm around her shoulder, I could feel her breathing get a little heavier.

At that point, it took every bit of self-control that I had not to lift her face and kiss her. As much as I wanted to do that, I didn't know how she would react, and I certainly didn't want to damage our friendship.

I did start to softly stroke her arm with my hand, though. She snuggled in closer to me, and whispered, "That feels nice."

As hard as I fought it, the entire scenario caused me to start to get an erection. I was still in the clothes that I wore to dinner, and my pants were a looser fit, so I knew that if she looked, there would be no denying my condition.

Soon, though, I felt a change in Anna's breathing, and I knew that she had fallen asleep on me. Just as the movie ended, I woke her and started walking her to my spare bedroom.

"I'm so embarrassed," she said, as I handed her one of my old shirts to sleep in. "I didn't mean to fall asleep on you like that."

"Don't worry about it," I assured her, as I gave her a light hug.

As I was holding her, she put her arms around me and looked up at me. "Well, thank you for a great birthday," she said softly. "This was the best night that I've had in a long time."

"It was my pleasure," I told her. "I'm honored that you let me take you out on your birthday."

As she looked into my eyes, she sighed. "There's no one else that I would let take me out for something like this," she said.

I felt one of her hands on my back, and she tilted her head slightly, leaning into me at the same time.

For the first time ever, Anna and I kissed. Our lips touched each other's softly, but we could both feel the heat radiating from each other.

The kiss soon started getting intense, and I pulled away. "I'm sorry," I told her. "I shouldn't have done that."

I heard her start to say something, but I turned and walked out the door, closing it behind me.

The next morning, I started fixing us breakfast after Anna woke. She sat in the kitchen with me as I cooked, and didn't say much.

Finally, as I placed her omelette in front of her, I asked what was bothering her.

"Why did you react like that when we kissed?" she asked. "Was it that bad?"

"No," I replied. "Actually, I enjoyed it, quite a bit. I guess I just didn't want you to think that I was taking advantage of you, being drunk. It also just felt kind of strange."

"Strange, how?" she asked.

I took a bite, trying to figure out how to put my thoughts into words.

"I really can't explain it," I told her. "After all these years of knowing you, having you in my arms like that, knowing that you were my best friend's wife..."

"The key word there is 'were'," she told me. "He left me, remember? Hell, have you even heard from him since he moved out?"

"How do you think I felt last night?" she continued. "You're the first man that I've kissed since he left. You're the first, and ONLY man that I've WANTED to kiss since he left, and you pull away and tell me that you 'shouldn't have done that'?"

"You WANTED me to kiss you?" I asked, surprised at her confession.

"Yes, I did," she said softly.

"Wow," I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah, 'wow'," she responded.

"Well, if it's any consolation," I told her, "You have no idea how hard it was for me to stop."

We were done eating at that point, and I started to clean up the dishes.

"Let me do that," Anna told me, pushing me away from the sink. "You cooked, the least that I can do is clean up."

"Ok, I won't argue," I told her.

"You'd better not," she said, smiling at me, "or else no more kisses from me."

"You mean I get more?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

"If you're good," she replied.

"Hmmm," I chuckled. "What do I get if I'm naughty?"

"I guess you'll just have to wait and see," she said, speaking softly, and smiling even more.

I gently grabbed her arm and turned her to face me. "Well, I don't want to wait for this," I told her as I wrapped my arms around and leaned in to kiss her.

Anna whimpered softly as our lips touched, and we pulled each other in tighter. I had her pinned up against the sink, and we stood there kissing for a long minute before she gently pushed me away.

"Go," she told me. "Shower and get dressed while I do the dishes."

"Oh, alright," I sighed, teasing her.

After I got out of the shower, I started driving her back to her place.

"What are your plans for today?" she asked, as I drove through the city streets.

"Nothing, really," I told her. "I haven't made any plans for today."

"Would you like to spend the day with me?" she asked. "I really don't feel like being alone."

"I would love that," I replied. "I honestly can't think of anything else that I'd rather do."

"Good," she responded, hooking her arm in mine.

When we got to her condo, I sat and waited as she showered and changed. A few minutes later, Anna came out in a light, flowery summer dress, showing her firm, beautiful legs and just a hint of cleavage. The cotton clung to her curves, and was light enough that, as she was backlit walking out of her room, I could see all the way to the juncture of her legs.

"So, what do you want to do today?" she asked, as she slipped on a pair of sandals.

"I didn't realize that it was up to me," I replied. "After all, YOU asked ME to spend the day," I teased.

"Well, why don't we walk around Lincoln Park?" she asked, referring to one of our favorite neighborhoods. "We can do a little shopping, maybe get some lunch."

"Sounds good to me," I told her, as I led her out the door.

I enjoyed having her with me, and enjoyed all of the looks, from both men and women, that we got even more.

We spent the afternoon walking around and people watching, and Anna did a bit of shopping. At one point, we came to a mini-mall that consisted entirely of women's shops. Anna told me to go have a beer, and she would do some shopping there. When I told her that I didn't mind, she turned me towards a bar and gave me a gentle shove.

Twice while I was there, she came in and dropped off shopping bags, and told me that she'd be back.

"So that's why you wanted me along," I teased her. "I'm just your mule. A beast of burden!"

Laughing, she replied, "Oh, you're a beast, alright. Now be quiet, and enjoy your beer. I'll be back in a little bit."

I smiled and watched the sway in her ass as she walked out, and then heard the bartender say, "Brother, I'd be her beast of burden any day!"

I looked at him, still smiling, and said, "Do you hear me complaining? Now, speaking of being a beast of burden, I could use another beer. I have a feeling I'm going to be here a while."

A couple of hours later, we wound up back at her place to unload her bags. After she put her things in her room, she told me that she wanted to cook dinner for me, to thank me for last night. Wisely, I didn't argue, instead going out to get a couple of bottles of wine.

After an excellent chicken and rice dinner, we sat and finished off the first bottle of wine. I could sense that something was bothering Anna again, and asked her about it.

"I don't know," she said. "I guess I'm still a little down about last night."

"What about it?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's nothing I guess," she replied.

"If I ask you something, will you give me an honest answer?" she asked, before I could say anything else.

"Of course," I told her.

"Do you really think that I'm pretty?" she asked.

"No, I think that you're beautiful," I told her. "In fact, I think that you're one of the most beautiful women that I've ever known."

"So, if things had been different," she continued, "say, you never knew Mike, would you have made a try for me?"

"Honey," I answered, "if things were different, I would've been all over you. Once I got up the courage to talk to you, that is."

Anna smiled at me and laughed softly, leaned in, and kissed me. "That's sweet," she told me.

"Hey, do you want to see what I bought today?" she asked, jumping off of the couch.

"Sure," I answered. "I'd love to."

Anna went into her bedroom, and I opened the second bottle of wine. Soon, she was modeling her purchases for me. Her selections included a couple of new dresses, skirts, and blouses. As she showed me each item, she took a sip of her wine, finishing off another glass, and I sat there thinking that Mike was a fool for leaving her..

After the better part of an hour, her fashion show started to wind down. She stood in front of me in a light weight, off-yellow skirt and sheer blouse, showing lots of firm leg and the intricate lace pattern of her bra, as she told me to pour her another glass of wine.

"I'm going to need some 'liquid courage' for what I have left to show you," she said, downing half her glass.

As she walked back to her bedroom, I sat back wondering what she meant about that. After a couple of minutes, I heard her door open.

"Are you ready?" she asked from behind me.

"Of course," I replied.

Anna walked in front of me wearing a floral-print bikini, cut high on the leg and showing some very nice cleavage.

"Well?" She asked, turning around for me.

"Wow!" I replied. "You look amazing! Turn back around for me."

As she did, my eyes focused on her firm ass, and the side view of her pert breasts.

"Do you like?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah!" I told her. "You'd better bring me with to the beach, or the pool, when you wear that. You're gonna need some protection!"

Laughing, she replied, "Aww. You're sweet. Ok, I've got one more thing to show you. Don't go anywhere."

"I couldn't even if I wanted," I told her.

I heard her giggle as she closed her door, and I sat there, adjusting my stiffening cock, so as not to be too obvious.

Soon, I heard her door open again, and she walked up behind me. "Can you hand me my wine, please? And don't turn around," she said.

I reached for her glass and handed it behind me. I felt her hand on mine as she took her glass, and a couple of seconds later, she handed it back to me.

"Promise me that you're not going to laugh," she told me.

"Why would I laugh?' I asked.

"Just promise," she repeated.

"Ok. I promise that I'm not going to laugh at you," I told her.

"Ok, here goes nothing," she said. "Keep looking straight ahead."

From the corner of my eye, I saw her walk around from behind me. As she stepped in front of me, she asked, "Well, what do you think?"

I was breathless as I looked at her. Anna was wearing a sheer black teddy and a pair of high-heeled bedroom slippers. Her small breasts looked amazing, with very little sag and small, dark nipples topping them, and her sparsely covered pubic mound looked very inviting.

I sat there, speechless and unsure of what to do, as I looked her up and down. Finally, Anna cleared her throat.

"Well? Are you going to say anything?" she demanded.

"I...I don't know what to say," I stammered, as the majority of my blood rushed from my head to my stiffening cock. "You look...incredible!"

"Thank you," she said softly. "I was afraid to come out here like this. I didn't want to scare you away."

"You could never scare me away," I told her. "Although, I am scared right now."

"Of what?" she asked, looking puzzled.

"Of what to do," I replied.

"Well," she said softly, walking slowly towards me, "what would you like to do?"

"I'd much rather show you, than tell you," I replied, standing up and taking her in my arms.

Anna moaned softly as I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my lips to hers. It started as a slow, gentle kiss, but soon turned hot and passionate, as her body melted gently in my arms.

She moaned again when she felt my cock pressing against her body, just above her hip. My hands started to roam across her back, one sliding down to her firm ass and pulling it in tighter.

Anna pulled away from my lips and gasped as I pressed my leg against her mound. "Please take me to bed," she whispered.

"We'll never make it to bed," I told her.

Smiling up at me, she gently pushed me backwards, until my legs hit her couch. She gave me one more push, and I sat down.