AU Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I promised him Cassie, how can I love Maddox when I promised Noah I would never love again." Mark sniffled, his eyes felt hot and his bones ached. It felt so good to be held.

"Loving Maddox doesn't mean you have to stop loving Noah. He was destined for greater things Mark."

Mark nodded "He was an angel."

"So it was his time. Maybe he was supposed to help you, shape you for Maddox and then go on to help others from up above. Think of all the things that had to happen to lead you to Maddox. It was a path Noah helped you carve, and he will always walk beside you."

Mark nodded, he strangely felt at peace now. "I never told Maddox about Noah."

Cassie smiled "I didn't figure."

"I won't get a chance to get him alone until after Thanksgiving break." Mark wrapped his arms around himself. He had been so wrapped up in losing Noah again that he had forgotten all about not having a place to go.

"Why not talk to him tomorrow before break?" She asked, "I'll go with you if you want. Then if it goes well maybe you can spend it with him and if not then you can come home with me and I'll glue you back together."

"I already told my roommate I was staying in the dorm." Mark felt sorry for lying to Justin too. Since when were he and Cassie close? He immediately felt guilty for that too. She had been nothing but a good friend to him, so had Justin. He needed to treat them both better.

"Well if your roommate's feelings over where you stay alone for a holiday are more important than Maddox..." She shrugged.

"No, no I'll try." Mark knew he had to. Maddox had made him feel something again. Cassie was right. He finally felt at peace since that day Noah had been ripped from his arms and sent across the country to a military school. He was where he was supposed to be now all he needed was the hand he was supposed to hold.

*****

So I listened and broke chapter 6 into three chapters and expanded each. I hope this moves a little more slowly. I tend to get on a roll and just go until my fingers fall off. So I hope I managed to take a breather and draw it out more. Please let me know if I did or if I didn't please point out what was too fast. Thank you again to my editor Tap. Please keep in mind I am terrible with grammar and no one can catch all of my mistakes. I make way too many for that. So I love her to death and think the world of her for all her help.