Back Together?

Story Info
Jared is nervous to see step-sis is spending break at home.
7k words
3.92
45.2k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All subject matter is a figment of the authors imagination. Any similarities to real people or events or fiction is strictly a coincident. Author reserves all right to the work presented. Please do not use any of said work without express written consent from the author. Please note that all characters that actually engage in sexual intercourse are in fact 18 years old or older.

------

This is my first foray into posting any of my work for others to read so please give me your comments, good and bad are more than welcome. And thank you for taking the time to read my work.

Please note that this first work was originally just going to be a novel so there is no sex in this first submission. I may change that based on reader response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

Remembering.

Jared rolled over on his bed. His stomach just kept on rolling. It was nausea, not the roll that did it. He was full of nerves after last night. He had just started his summer break away from his first year away at college. He had expected to have the house to himself. His parents were spending over a year in New York opening another branch of their business and he had plans for the whole house instead of just the basement level that used to be his before he left the house at the age of seventeen, two years ago. But when he got in late yesterday he had pulled into the garage right next to his sister's car. And that was the cause of all his nausea.

He had expected her to be out of town all summer with her fiancée. Those had been her plans. Not that she would have told him any such thing, anything he learned of his step-sister's life was from their parents. Jennifer, his step-sister, had stopped talking to him for over a year now. She had long ago stopped taking his phone calls or emails and he had finally stopped bothering her with his unwanted attention. They both attended college at the UCSD, however they almost never bumped into each other and when they did Jennifer would turn away as though she had not seen him.

Jared had felt her rejection as deeply as it was possible to feel. But after the first few weeks he had stopped moping around because his roommate had pushed and cajoled him into going out and getting active. He had always been slim and athletic because of cross-country running and soccer. However he soon added some muscle because of the mixed martial arts classes he took to keep himself out of the dorm and busy instead of dreading the past.

But now he was back and he had to face the past all over again. In the last few months of school he had lost his virginity. More than that he had spent nearly all his free time learning as much as he could about a womans body and sexual response. But no matter the looks or feel of the girl he was with, often, not always but often, in the back of his mind it was a sexy athletic blond girl he was making love with for a moment before he pushed the image away. Sexy, athletic blond Jennifer in point of fact.

His father had remarried while he was only fourteen years old. He never spent time resenting his new family. He did not have any memories of the mother that had abandoned him to his workaholic father. And when his father announced he was going to marry his new partner that he had fallen in love with, Jared cared very little. He had long come to terms with being alone, focusing all his emotion into doing well in school and getting good grades, because that was some of the only time his father spent time with him. When he made good marks his father would reward him by spending the time at amusement parks and other such things. But good grades and doing well in sports had become its own reward by the time he was in high school. He was a year ahead of others his age because learning came easy to him but added to that his drive to succeed and he was well ahead of the curve. Which only left him on the outside looking in. The 'nerds' or honors students at school did not care for a kid younger than all of them taking all the accolades. The same reaction to a much lesser degreed happed to him with his sports teams.

So when his father announced he would soon have not only a new step-mother but a new step-sister he did not think life would change all that much. Happily he was very wrong. Rachelle, his new step-mother was very caring and respectful of his right to be himself. But that did not mean she would let him be a loner. His father soon started spending quite a lot of time at home or taking his new family out to family activities. And just as good as all the new parental attention was Jennifer. His gorgeous new sister was friendly and to his experience unusually down to earth for a girl of such impressive good looks. Soon they were as thick as thieves. Jennifer had to transfer to his high school because of the move. And she easily competed with him for the best test scores in the classes they shared. She was just a couple months younger than he but already she had more high school credits. Because neither of them could drive yet Jenni could not see much of her old friends even though they were only a couple towns away. After the first weeks of adjustment Jared became aware of her sadness over her separation and put himself to the task of seeing her smile. Over the next few years they were together like Siamese twins. If they were not doing something as a family than Jenni and Jared were with each other. Jenni worked so hard in school because she wanted a free year before college so that she could back-pack across Europe. But their parents told her that she would have to make sacrifices. So when they both turned sixteen Jared was rewarded with a nice late model used Jeep but Jenni's car money was added to her trip fund. So it was that Jared took Jenni everywhere she needed to go. And when he had track meets or even just practice Jenni would join him to show support.

They were both too focused on school for dating. By the time they graduated they had each had a couple relationships but nothing very serious. Each of them because the people they saw all too quickly had problems with the closeness the step siblings shared. They were best friends and neither cared to have that relationship damaged just to date jealous people.

That did not mean Jared was lost to his Jenni's attractiveness. Quite the opposite. He had problems often hiding his arousal from his best friend. But there were times she noticed, such as when they were in the back yard pool together and his arousal against her body was blazingly obvious. Soon their wrestling around in the pool came to an quiet end one day when she said "No, we should not do this again, it just causes you problems." She looked down at the large bulge of his cock in his swim trunks to make her point, then swam away to the other side of the pool.

It was never spoken of after that, but Jared noticed that the physical contact between them was rather rare the rest of that summer. It had been the last summer they spent together. And even though there was tension between them, his obviously sexual and hers weary, they did get along rather well still.

They had both graduated and had been spending a lot of lazy days in the pool or out at the lake. But after that day Jared noticed Jenni wearing large single piece swim suits instead of the skimpy two piece bikinis he was used to. That did not matter though, because she was the ideal sexual dream girl for Jared. She was just a few inches shorter than his five foot eleven frame. And like him she had a slim athletic body. But there was where the similarities ended. While he was dark skinned from his fathers Italian back ground she was the pinnacle of blond Swedish blood. Pale skinned that had tanned that last summer spent in the sun with Jared with platinum hair and blue eyes she had long legs and a gorgeous smooth and firm ass. She had been a ballet dancer since she could practically walk. She had perfect size B tits. And even though he had never seen her fully naked her swimsuits before that time in the pool had left very little to the imagination and Jared spent evening after evening masturbating to the idea of Jenni naked and spread out before him.

As the time for Jennifer to leave on her trip came closer Jared soon realized that it was more than sexual, what he felt for his step-sister was love. Not an acceptable brotherly love, no, he was IN LOVE with Jenni.

Everybody was aware of his worsening mood and the cause behind it. His best friend would be gone for the next year. And even though they both had scholarships to the same college, they would be spending the next year separate from each other. She off to tour Europe with a back-packing tour group and he off to a soccer program for the next eleven months.

That all changed several weeks before Jennifer's departure date. A letter along with a check for her deposit amount came in the mail. The company that had been responsible for the group had met difficulties (unexplained) and had folded up shop.

Their parents could not make the trip with her, but they did not want a lone seventeen year old girl to be traveling Europe alone.

"But I am going to be eighteen in just a few more months," Jenni said in a grievous voice.

"Eleven months is much more than just a few dear," Rachelle looked over at her husband and motioned for him to join her in the hall. Jared and Jenni looked at each other in silent communication. It seemed neither of them understood their parents need for privacy.

They did not have long to wait. "Jared?" his father asked.

"Yes?"

"How would you feel about dropping out of your soccer

getaway so you can go to Europe to keep your sister safe?"

Jared glanced over and instantly saw the hooded hope in her eyes. Without talking he walked over to the phone and dialed from memory, "Coach?" There was a pause and then Jared explained why he would not be making the tour with the soccer team. He had no sooner placed the phone on the hook than Jenni had flung herself into his arms with her legs wrapped around his waist. He held her there for a split second before lowering her to the ground, her arms still around his neck.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you," she said punctuating each 'you' with a kiss to his neck. Hell for this he would have given up Soccer for the rest of his life. Though as he thought about it, he kinda had. It was an amateur team but it was his last best chance to play organized soccer before college(his and her scholarships were academic). He did not even feel a twinge of regret at the realization. He would be spending the next year with her.

Soon their they were on their way and having a wonderful time. He because he got to spend very intimate time with the girl he loved and her because she was living one of her dreams.

Though for Jennifer the time was tainted with worry over Jared's behavior. She had been aware of his attraction for awhile and though she found him sexy, she did not think of him as anything but a brother and a friend. She slowly distanced herself from Jared. Trying in many ways to make it subtly clear that she was not interested in having THAT kind of relationship with him. But as the months of traveling wore on she found it harder and harder to do as they were often staying in very close and intimate quarters.

It was only in the big cities that she found the space to enjoy the adventure they were supposed to be sharing. They often had separate rooms in the city hostels. So Jenni changed their itinerary so that soon they were rarely backpacking any longer. Often they rode between large European cities on the rail.

It had been six months into the trip when Jenni was getting desperate. She had worked hard for this trip so she could have some fun and be free for a year before the hard work of college. But she was spending as much time trying to avoid Jared's advances as she was sight seeing. They had been in Rome for a couple weeks and with a couple weeks left to go and she was racking her brain for a way to curtail Jared's interests when a group of English university students asked her out clubbing. Seeing several attractive girls in the group she had an inspiration. She was going to set up her brother with one of these hotties.

She had a flutter in her belly at the idea but she put that down to always being protective of her close relationship with her brother and best friend. But she had always had that feeling when he went out on dates. Now she knew she would have to get over the worry of loosing her best friend. After all, they were close enough to survive falling for somebody and sacrificing time for the other to find romance.

After speaking to the group for several minutes and the tall brunette named Angela in particular she left the common room to find Jared in his room.

She knocked and waited for his voice before entering his room. This was something they had rarely done, often just entering each others room after a perfunctory tap on the door.

"Jared, do you remember that group of college people that came in last weekend?" She could see he was finishing dressing as she spoke. She was a bit surprised to see that he was looking older than just a few months before. He was beginning to loose the Incabob Crane teen boy form. The thought only lasted a brief second as he finished pulling his shirt over his narrow frame.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Well, Mark, kinda the leader of the group asked me out tonight to join them hitting some clubs." She could see the cloud of emotions in his eyes and hurried on. "I said yes, I think I would like to see him. But even better, you remember Angela," She asked.

"Yeah, the dark haired girl, what about her?" He could not get it out of his head. Mark.....blond tall jock type. He had thought the guy funny and fun until just a couple of minutes ago.

"Well, She made a point of asking if you want to join us." Jenni smiled at him. "I think she is interested in you. You should go out with her."

"What if I am don't want to ask her out?" He hated the petulant sound in his voice. So he tried to speak as casually as he could. "I think I want to ask a different girl to go out with me."

"Hmm." She tried to avoid his eyes by straightening this discarded clothes into a pile. "Jared, I know it has to be uncomfortable traveling with your sister." She began straightening the loose items sitting on his night stand. "I know I have the urge for companionship. You know a boy to go out with. A date. We should be able to date while we are out here. After all this whole thing is about adventure. We should be able to go out and have fun and find romance." She hoped she could put this politely enough but make it clear enough he would understand. "I want to go on a date with Mark. Do you want to go out with Angela? You guys could join the group tonight."

Jared's stomach ached. He could feel an actual gut retch."I would rather talk about us than go out dancing tonight. You seem really distant lately. I'd like to know why."

Now that it really came to a point Jenni was hesitant to explain to him the way she felt. "Well, I know guys need to, hmm well, you know." She continued talking very fast. "I know you have to masturbate. Because that kind of thing builds up on you. I can see sometimes, you know down there," her eyes flashed to his crotch," that you need relief. And living with a girl in your pocket cannot be good for your relief. Even if I am just your sister. So I was kinda thinking it would make things easy if you could have some fun with one of these girls, and Angela truly does like you."

"Are you trying to pimp for me?" Jared knew his voice was way to loud, but he was pissed. "Are you trying to trying to get me laid? What happens if I don't 'have some fun'? You gonna buy me a hooker with our expense funds?"

He could see right off that he was not even close to the mark. The second he said pimp her eyes went shocked with hurt. Shit. "Look, I'm sorry. You did not deserve that. But here you are trying to hook me up with another girl. Don't you know how I feel about you?"

Here Jenni was trying to deal with two shocks in a roll. She had no idea he would think she meant sex. And now he was alluding to feeling much deeper than just the average teen boy hormones. "I would hope that you love me. Like I love you. You are my best friend. I love you like the great brother you are."

"I don't see you as a sister. I never have! From the first day I met you I have thought how awesome you are. Smarter than anybody else I know, beautiful, sexy. Even more so now than a few years ago. I am in love with you." He ran out of words and his heart was nothing but pain. He did not need her to speak to hear what she had to say. It was written all over her face.

Jenni sat speechless, literally tongue tied for a whole minute before she found her voice. "No....No. What you feel is natural for you. You are a teenage boy. You are horny and I am the only girl around. Always around for that matter. You need to get out and see some girls. You will see what I mean."

That was a relief. Jared could feel resentment now. At least this pain was not as all consuming as it felt. Even if the anger was a mere shadow to the well of heartache. "You ARE smart Jenni. But do you honestly believe you can tell somebody else how they feel? Huh?" He spun around and punctuated his words with his fist in the air to the side of his body. "You can feel anyway you want about me or everybody in this damn place. But don't you dare to ever tell me how I feel!"

Jenni was starting to feel sick to her stomach. The same feeling she had earlier thinking of Jared with the sexy Angela. "I don't think we should keep talking about this right now. We are both a bit emotional and we might say something that is irrevocable. I already feel like I am loosing my best friend."

"Irrevocable? Nothing can take back what has already been said. Nothing can change what won't be said. Can it?" Jared stared off into space, digging for courage to ask her something vital to his well being. "Can you ever imagine loving me? Not just like a friend. And certainly not like a brother. But like a man?"

"But, you are not a man ye....." her voice trailed off. "That's not what I meant! I only mean to say I don't think of you in that way."

Jared was quiet for a long time. So long that even patient

Jenni was sure he was not going to speak. However he did. "You are right. We should not say anything else. And we are loosing something. As for going out. You will have to go out. I just don't feel up to it."

"Jared...." She trailed off, not knowing what to say to fix this mess they found them selves in. With a heavy heart she left his room.

She did end up going out that night. And even though she did not manage to have fun she still found Mark charming. Jared stayed in. The did not say a word to each other over the community breakfast. And that pretty much was the routine for the next couple months.

They rarely spoke more than a word or two to each other. Mark, Angela and their whole gang followed the step siblings to each new city, as they had no major plans and had just planned on rambling the summer away. Besides there seemed to be a budding romance between Mark and Jenni and the group of English students were not adverse to watching it in amusement. They rarely ever saw Jared. He traveled to each new city with them. But once they had attained lodgings he would promptly disappear into whatever city they were in.

They could find him sometimes returning or leaving as they themselves were getting back from a night on the town. But that and the rail rides where the only times they got to see his face except for the infrequent meal he would share in silence with the rowdy group around him. Angela had long since gave up the hope of catching his regard. He was far to withdrawn and apathetic for her tastes.

12