Bad Timing

Story Info
Sorry just doesn't cut it.
821 words
3.91
122.7k
32
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Author's note: Another story based on the song of the same name by Blue Rodeo. This is a Flash story. I hope that the comments will be longer than the story :o I would suggest listening to the song as you read this. Hope you like it.)

*

"Hey, it's me what a big surprise calling you up from a restaurant called the Bend.

Just got in from way up north, I'm achy and tired now and I could use a friend." There is a pause, "Are you there Tony?"

"Just listen then, I'd be a fool to think that you do want to see me again. You have no idea how sorry I am for what I have done. It has been three years; you'd think I could come out of the wilderness. All are friends are still not talking to me."

"I know it's been awhile since I talked to you, what's it been about three months? Nothing's wrong just nothing ever goes as planned. Like us, I guess. Look, I cheated I get it. You didn't have to bust Larry up. I'm the one who cheated stop pounding him every time you see him. He hasn't touched since before you broke his nose. You really did a number on him."

"Many times I thought I'd call didn't have your number in my hand. You'd think I'd have it memorized it by now. It hurts when you won't say anything."

"I know it's true that you'd never do the same thing to me. I am so sorry I didn't mean for it to happen. I understand it wasn't a mistake, I'm not here to trivialize what I've done."

"I never meant to make you cry and though I know I shouldn't call it just reminds us of the cost, of everything we lost, bad timing that's all. Bad timing cause I wasn't mature enough to handle a steady relationship. But I'm ready now and you still haven't divorced me."

"And maybe soon there'll come a day when no more tears will fall. I cry everyday I want to come home and you are home to me. When can I come home?"

"Can't we each forgive a little bit and we'll both look back on it as just bad timing that's all. I can forgive you for the hell you're putting me through. Can't you forgive me?"

"Use to have so many plans something always seemed to turn out wrong. That was me being stupid"

"Never could catch up to you, moving on and doing all you've done. I rather stalk you there for the first few months after you broke it off with me, well kicked me to the curb really. I even moved to Sudbury because no one would talk to me and you got me fired from my job."

"I don't know why the harder I try the harder it comes. The tears won't stop Tony I'm so sorry. My new job sucks I have no friends my social life is dead. Can't you please forgive me?"

"Gail...Gail its Mark."

"Mark? Why are you answering Tony's phone? Please put Tony on."

"I can't do that Gail; Tony hung himself two months ago."

There was the sound of a cell and a body hitting the ground. "Gail? Gail?"

Mark ended the call and turn to Tony. "Well I guess you won't here from her again."

Tony looked at Mark with a smile on his face, "Serves the bitch right, bad timing my ass. Let's go get some beer. Any place but the Bend."

"By the way, why haven't you divorced her yet? Not thinking of taking her back?"

"No chance at that Mark. She cheated and cheaters should never prosper. I talked to a lawyer; she told me that Gail would get half of everything we own. That's like being paid to cheat. I asked about abandonment, in the States you can divorce due to abandonment and there is no splitting of the assets. Here, no such luck. But if she can't find me she can't divorce me and it's the same thing."

"You know your little scheme won't work. Gail will ask around someone will tell. It may take a week but she'll know you're not dead."

"Ah... but a week is all I need. I am transferring to Vancouver and good-bye to Gail and her bullshit. Why do cheaters always think that saying, I'm sorry matters? Don't matter to me."

"What if she tracks you down? I can tell you I'm sorry to see that you are moving but, it's all for not if she tracks you down."

"Not going to happen, she hasn't the money to spend on the search and the cops won't do it for her. No legal grounds to do so, as my lawyer told me"

"I guess it was dumb luck she called today."

"No just bad timing that's all."