Battle for Blood Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What then? What would he do when he got the answers from the girl? Would he waltz back into his life? What had happened in the last three years? Where were all of his companions? He had been the oldest among them. Had they scattered when he was taken? Who had sent her? He had not been on the inside for a long time. She was too powerful to have fallen in with his most recent group of baby vamps. She had to have been sent by someone older, someone who cared enough to get him out of his mess with the werewolves. And why the mess? What a strange sneak attack on their part. Why on earth had the weres wanted him deep in that hole? No one had ever answered that for him. And suddenly, years later, a surprise rescue? The council had turned their back on him after his latest rebellious stage. His isolation was complete but for the street vamps who had been drawn by his energy and they had tried their own clumsy rescue efforts. They may all be dead for all he knew.

Her hair shone under his fingers as he worked the last bits of leaves from her strands. The water was dusty with flecks of dirt. He reached into the water and unplugged the drain. He filled a bucket in the sink and turned to rinse her soapy body. He felt her stir slightly as the cold air hit her wet skin as the water receded. Her nipples tightened to hard nubs in the air and goose bumps broke out over her skin. He stopped, holding the bucket and his breath. She was so beautiful. Her slim body had luscious curves once freed from her clothing. Her deceptively delicate fingers lay softly across her chest and he longed to replace them with his own. He shook his head. This would not do. He poured the water slowly across her body, letting the last of the soap run to the drain. He slid his hand behind her shoulders and pulled her upper body forward so that her hair hung behind her back into the tub and slowly washed out the shampoo. He felt her body shudder slightly. Her lips parted and a soft moan emanated from deep inside her chest.

He lifted her out of the tub, wrapping a dry towel around her. He sat on the ground and held her, waiting to see if she would wake up. Her breath slipped between her lips in soft puffs of air. He longed to kiss her, bring her back. He slid his bottom lip across his sharp incisor until he made a small cut. He leaned over her, pressing his lips softly against hers as a single drop of his blood rolled lazily between her parted lips. He felt her body hum in his arms but he did not want to pull away from her sweet mouth. He ended the soft kiss halfheartedly. He could feel her body waking up. She groaned again, this time slightly louder. He looked intently at her face. Her brow line furrowed slightly, as if she were trying to make her way back. Finally her eyelids fluttered and she slowly opened her eyes.

They did not focus on him immediately as she blinked slowly, not fully aware of where she was. He looked down in her large eyes. He was right. She was not human. Her irises were large, not freakish but definitely bigger than the average human's. The pupils were also large but nothing was so unnatural as the deep moss green color of her eyes. This close they almost glowed iridescent. He had not noticed their unusual color until now. He had to know what she was. Her hazy eyes finally began to focus on his face. He saw the recognition in her gaze but she did not scream or seem afraid. She closed her eyes again and swallowed, trying to work up to say something. Her mouth was parched. There would be no talking for her yet. He stroked her cheek softly.

"Don't worry," he whispered. Her eyes opened again at the sound of his voice. "You are safe. You are healing." He stopped and looked her in the eyes again. Now his mouth was dry. He swallowed, trying to find the words to say to her. "I'm sorry child." She closed her eyes again, shutting out that flaming green color. Her body relaxed in his arms. He felt the deep rumble of sleep in her chest. He nuzzled her hair, breathing the clean smell of her skin. He suddenly knew he had to get out of there. Her near naked body in his lap was proving to be more difficult to resist than he would have liked to admit.

*

Thanks for reading! Rate it if you like it!

12