Be Mine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sachiaiko
sachiaiko
1,049 Followers

"Son, I really need to take your statement." The officer finally said gently as Adrian's tears began to subside.

"Yea... that bastard kicked the hell out of him and he wasn't even defending himself." Adrian snarled. "I hope you put him in jail. Before he attacked Zach he was calling him a fucking faggot and it's well known that he doesn't like gays."

"I heard that Zach accused him of being gay himself?" the officer said quietly.

"Yea, but I don't think Scott's really gay. Zach was hurt, oh god I hurt him." Adrian began to cry again and Sandy wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"He is gay." Alan walked through the door with a grim expression.

He was a slip of a man with almost girlish good looks, a sweet humorous personality, gentle nature and the brightest green eyes he'd ever seen on anyone in his life. He was also one of Zach's closest friends.

The officer looked up, surprised. "He is gay... are you his boyfriend?" he asked Alan gently, and Alan pursed his lips.

"Fuck toy." He corrected. The officer winced, but nodded his head, writing in his little book carefully.

"He's afraid of what he is, and he is very violent at times. I'm not a very good character witness for him." Alan snorted, coming up to wrap an arm around Adrian. He barely came to Adrian's chest, but he had a strong soothing presence.

"Thanks, Alan." Adrian said, trying hard to get himself under control. The two of them comforted Adrian as the officer finished taking the statement, then told him that they would be holding Scott until Zach decided if he wanted to press charges.

When the officer finally left, his friends ushered him over to the chair as they waited for Zach to come out of surgery. Alan went out and got him food while Sandy stayed by his side, then Sandy went and got his overnight bag from his dorm room while Alan stayed and made sure he ate.

"Tell me what happened." Alan said softly, getting a warm wet washcloth as Adrian absently poked at his food with a fork.

"I hurt him." Was all Adrian could force himself to say for a moment, until Alan came up and began to clean his face gently with the washcloth. The gentle caring action had Adrian sobbing again and Alan just continued, cleaning the dried blood from Adrian's hands gently.

"We all hurt those we love." He whispered, his eyes flashing with a slightly haunted look before he smiled gently. "You had a lot to fear, it's not really that uncommon what you went through. A lot of guys don't want to admit that they are really gay. It's hard, you know?" he said, and Adrian nodded his head.

"I know, but he saw me tear up his note, he saw me kiss Sandy." Adrian's voice shook. Alan simply stroked his hair back from his forehead.

"I know Zach, he'll forgive you. Especially when he hears how you proclaimed your love of him in front of everyone." He said, smiling a little. "You love him, that's what counts. Now I want you to eat. I can't have you getting sick on me." He said softly, smiling.

And Adrian did as he was told, eating methodically, but the food turned to ash in his mouth.

"Adrian right? The doctor told me to let you know that the surgery was a success. He'll be brought back here after recovery." A pretty blonde nurse said, smiling.

Adrian swept Alan into a huge hug and sighed a sigh of relief.

@@@@@@@@@@@

Pain. Zach woke slowly to pain lancing through his chest. Every breath he took came with a price, and his head was so fogged he couldn't remember what had happened. He groaned softly, one hand coming up to his head, rubbing his eyes and when he finally managed to get his eyes open he saw an IV in his hand. Someone moved beside him, and he tried to turn his head to look.

"Don't move, they said you'd be hurting, but that we needed you to wake up before they could give you any more pain killers." He picked up the hospital bed remote and pressed the call nurse button while Zach tried to gather his thoughts.

"Why am I here?"

Silence met the question for a moment, then Adrian sighed deeply. "You remember our night?" he whispered, and Zach nodded. "And then the afternoon when you came to meet me by the oak tree?" Sudden pain stuttered through his chest that had nothing to do with the surgery he'd had to endure as the memory flooded him.

"Please leave." Zach whispered, voice broken suddenly. Tears seared his cheeks as he turned his head away.

"Please, Zach, I'm sorry. I got frightened and I hurt you and I'm so sorry." Zach felt Adrian take his hand, stroking his fingers gently, and Zach didn't know how to react.

"I don't want you anymore. You killed my love." He whispered, and the sound Adrian made was like some wounded animal.

"I won't leave you." He whispered through a sob.

"I wish he'd killed me."

Adrian groaned, and Alan got up from his seat to rest a hand on his shoulder. "He broke your ribs, one of them punctured a lung. You could have died." He said gently.

"I always told you he was an asshole." Zach said, smiling a little as his eyes slid to his friend.

"Yea, I know." Alan said, sighing deeply. "He is definitely an asshole, but he's an asshole I love." Zach groaned, and it wasn't for pain.

"Christ, Alan, he'll just hurt you."

"I know." He whispered.

"You don't want me to press charges, do you?"

Alan sighed, pain in his eyes. "I want you to leave him in Jail as long as you can without giving him years." He said with conviction, and Zach nodded his head.

Zach could hear Adrian trying hard to smother his sobs. "Tell him to leave, Alan." He whispered softly.

"I'm afraid I can't do that." Alan murmured, shaking his head slightly.

"Why not?" Zach replied, as if Adrian wasn't there at all.

"Because you belong with him." Alan said simply, and Zach frowned. "You do, and you know it. Once you get over your hurt you'll know I'm right."

"I'm pretty sure right now that you're wrong." He coughed and then groaned as the pain of it sent him clawing at his bed sheets. Adrian was gripping his hand in a moment, giving him something to squeeze while the waves of pain coursed over him.

"Damnit, Alan, go get a nurse and drag her in here by the hair if you have too." Adrian growled.

Alan nodded, disappearing out of the door with a parting glance. "I told you." He said sedately, then went in search of a nurse.

"Why are you doing this?" Zach whispered, wheezing a little.

"Breath slowly, love. Here," he drew his hand away for a moment, coming back with a small cup and a spoon sticking out. He spooned out some ice chips and put them up to Zach's lips. "Open."

Zach was stunned by how incredibly loving Adrian was being, how gentle and attentive he was. The ice chips tasted good in his hot mouth, the cool liquid sliding down his throat and he found himself opening to another spoonful, his eyes closing.

"I hurt." He told Adrian, who nodded his head and touched his forehead.

"Alan's getting the nurse. I'm going to make them give you morphine." He said, as if he could control what drug they gave him. It almost made Zach smile. Almost.

Just then, Alan came in with a nurse trailing behind him. She had a syringe full of some liquid and smiled down at him. "You're friends here said you're in some pain. Is that right?" she asked, and when he nodded his head she patted him on the head. "You're lucky to have friends like this who look out for you."

"I'm not his friend, I'm his boyfriend." Adrian said, his eyes locked on Zach's face as he said it. She depressed the plunger on the syringe, emptying the contents into the IV. Zach didn't argue with the words, but something lit in his eyes like he might want to.

"Aaw, that's sweet, you two boys experiencing young love." The elderly woman said wistfully, "And I'm sure all of the girl's moon over you like dewy eyed virgins." She grinned, going on to take his blood pressure and temperature before writing everything down and taking her leave.

"Boyfriend, huh? Earlier today you didn't even want to tell your friends." Zach said, unable to keep the malice from his voice. Adrian felt so horrible about his behavior he couldn't muster up any words to explain himself.

"He's since learned the error of his ways." The feminine voice coming from the doorway was Sandy, Adrian's girlfriend, and the sight of her alone made him want to cry. But tears would cost too much energy and hurt far too much to be worth it, so he kept his agony inside, though it showed easily enough on his face.

"Don't worry, we're not dating any more." She smiled as she came in and touched his hand, "How you feeling, Zach?"

"Fine." He said warily, and she chuckled with a shake of her head.

"I want Adrian happy, and that's not gonna be me in this lifetime so I am afraid it falls to you to forgive the dumb brute." She grinned, and Zach sighed, shaking his head.

"I hurt, I had surgery, and you are all pleading his case before I can get up to piss on my own." Zach said gruffly, and Adrian sighed, his eyes filling with tears. Zach ignored it.

"Valentines day is tomorrow, Zach. Don't you think that it's a time for new love?" Alan chuckled, and when Zach glared at him Adrian sobbed and got to his feet, shoving the cup of ice chips at Sandy before he fled the room.

"He doesn't know what to tell you." She whispered to him, "He knows he fucked up. He hurt me too, I was his shield from what he was, Zach, but it's you he's in love with. You should have heard him when you passed out. He screamed to everyone that you where his love, he punched Scott, he nearly killed the paramedic who said he couldn't go with you, and when they let him in the ambulance with you he didn't leave your side until they took you to x-ray and surgery right after that. He has not gone home. Alan and I have been bringing him everything he has needed." Sandy said, and Alan stood behind her, his hands resting on her shoulders in a friendly manner.

Zach was sure they hadn't known one another before this, but now they seemed like old friends, something peculiar really. He blinked back tears, thinking about Adrian admitting in front of everyone what they were together, and tears misted his eyes.

"So, he was an idiot and panicked when he realized he'd have to come out as gay. You were an idiot when you let Scott break your ribs. I think the two of you are even." Alan said succinctly, arching an eyebrow and grinning.

"I'm not convinced. Just... I need some space, okay? Maybe I could just sleep the night alone, okay? Can you convince him to go home for the night?" Zach asked.

"I'll bring him back to my room." Alan said, nodding his head. "He needs sleep anyhow. He has been worrying about you none stop." Alan drew Sandy up, but she paused.

"You sure I couldn't stay with you, Zach, I really hesitate in leaving you alone at the hospital, and I doubt that Adri would leave if he knew you wouldn't be with some one." She said, the voice of logic and reason.

He hesitated, and then closed his eyed briefly. "I don't want to impose on you." He whispered, focusing on drawing in a slow breath.

"No imposition, I have plenty of homework to finish, you just go on sleeping and when you wake I'll have ice chips and meds okay?" she asked, and despite himself, Zach found himself not only smiling, but genuinely liking her.

"Okay." Sandy said, nodding her head and taking her seat once more.

"I'll get him out of here, but just this night, Zach. Tomorrows Valentines Day, I expect you to make up tomorrow." He growled playfully, but Zach was not amused. "I'll see you tomorrow, Zach. Rest." And with that he disappeared out the door just as the medicine began to draw him into a restless sleep once more.

"Rest well, Zach." He heard Sandy say before darkness closed around him once more.

@@@@@@@@

The scent of flowers tickled Zach's nose, and curiosity drew him out of the comforting embrace of unconsciousness. When he opened his eyes, he blinked in utter surprise. Flowers covered every single flat surface of the room, roses, lilies, and tulips – every flower imaginable littered counters and even overflowed onto the floor. He blinked again, then noticed little boxes of valentine candies poured overflowing from between the flower vases, there must have been a hundred boxes. He glanced around him, and when his eyes landed on the figure in the chair beside his bed his heart contracted.

Adrian sat there, his eyes shinning with love, an oversized card in his hand. It was a huge heart, the words "Sometimes I'm an ass." Written on the front of it. When Zach's lips twitched, Adrian wordlessly opened the card, exposing the inside, which read: "But isn't my ass your favorite part of my body? (Besides, isn't making up the best part of having ass who loves you?) Be my Valentine, being an ass is no fun alone." Then in flowing script he knew to be Adrian's the words, "I love you more then words could ever express, forgive me, and give me a chance to make it up to you. Yours always, S.A."

Tears pricked at Zach's eyes, and he blinked them away as he looked up at Adrian's somber face. He looked like he was getting ready to be rejected, and the resigned sadness in his beautiful eyes plucked at Zach's heart.

"You bought me all these flowers?" He asked, swallowing hard. He'd never had anyone buy him flowers before. It made a strange warm feeling spread through his chest.

Adrian nodded his head silently, his Adams apple bobbing as he swallowed hard.

"Can I have a box of Candies?" Zach whispered, and Adrian reached over, handing him one of the tiny boxes. He looked at it, and on the box was written: "To: Sexiest man alive. From: The Ass." Zach chuckled softly as he read it, shaking his head as he opened the box, pulling out a pink candy.

"U R Cute." He tossed the candy at Adrian, whose lips twitched. Zach pulled another candy out, "My love." He murmured softly, then tossed it too at Adrian, his eyes locked on the other mans face. He took out another one, "Soul Mate." He whispered, liking his lips before tossing it at his lover, hitting him in the chest. Adrian couldn't keep the smile from his face as Zach went about pelting him with cadies. The next Candy was green, and when he pulled it out Zach smiled slowly, holding it up, "Be mine?" he said, making it a question.

Adrian nodded silently, trying to hold back the tears that threatened. He put the card down and reached forward to take Zach's hand in his own, his fingers shaking as he stroked over the back of his hand.

"Get into this bed with me." Zach growled roughly.

"I won't fit." Adri blushed.

"Yes you will, just come over on this side, it doesn't hurt as much." Zach told him, shifting his larger form just enough so that Adrian was able to slip down onto his side, one hand reaching out to adoringly touch Zach's jaw.

"I love you." Adri whispered, and Zach turned his head to nip Adrian's fingertips.

"I love you too, Adrian." He replied, "You're everything to me." He murmured.

"Does this mean I'm forgiven?" Adrian whispered softly, tilting his head down so he could gently brush his lips against Zach's.

"Mmhmm, after you make it up to me." He purred gently against those fluttering kisses Adrian kept bestowing on him.

"What should I do then?" he murmured, then deepened the kiss before Zach had a chance to even respond.

"Hold me." Zach whispered between the gentle kisses and the deeper ones. "Just hold me."

And that's exactly what Adrian did.

I Hope you all enjoyed the story! Please take a moment to vote below, and if you enjoyed it, or if you have some helpful bit of feedback, I always enjoy getting comments from my readers! Let me also take this time to thank my dear friend for Editing the piece, Love you James!

sachiaiko
sachiaiko
1,049 Followers