Because of the Night Ch. 10

Story Info
Sage advice from Sir Glen.
910 words
4.72
10.1k
0

Part 10 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 09/03/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Returned to the comforts of the novice hall, Taylor felt misplaced. She had cried to Laurie who had taken her under her wing, but Laurie was mistaken in assessing Taylor's tears. The muted pallet of décor in the novice hall did nothing to staunch her tears. For once in her life, this wing of endless down-filled satin cushions, gauze-like veils from floor to ceiling steeped in femininity was her prison instead of her saving grace.

She could not believe how foolish she looked tonight, trying to find out more about Mr. Leif's past than he was willing to share with her. And offering him something she had no right to offer without Sir Glen's permission...if he found out she knew she'd never see Mr. Leif again. The little bits of stories she was able to glean from the three or four remaining sources in the conclave were little help. With the exception of Laurie, all remembered Mr. Leif as an insufferable troublemaker and had been glad to see him go. Upon hearing his return and the status in which he returned, all they could do was hope he had left to become a better person.

The servants assigned to Mr. Leif had absorbed all the gossip, and as such, sided with the companions. They did little to help make his stay more pleasant. It was Taylor who awoke early in the chill of the morning to light the fire in his room. It had been Taylor who had bribed the laundry to starch Mr. Leif's shirts. If Mr. Leif's meals had not always been in the company of Sir Glen, she was certain that in the kitchens she would have found a cold shoulder there as well. Laurie did all she could from her end, she twisted the arms of the servants who prematurely left his rooms before all the work was done, but both Laurie and Sir Glen knew that there would be more opposition faced by Leif than the eccentricities of the servants.

She lamented, though her eyes were closed. The sheet she slept under twisted about her legs, reminding her of the night he had scened with her. It had been exhilarating to feel his touch direct her. He was quite through in wrapping the buckles around her ankles and then again on her wrists. It had been a surreal experience, an event she never wanted to forget.

A seductive smile crept across her lips as she recalled looking into his eyes when he had drawn her back into his arms. If nothing else, she did have to admit he made her feel as if she was his, regardless that she truly was still under Sir Glen's watchful eye. It was his voice that graced her ear asking if she could last five more minutes in that scene. She could not be certain if it had been his hands that had teased her endlessly, but it was his encouragement she wished to hear, his praise.

She shook her head wondering when she had lost all logical thinking. The answer to her meditation danced across the light breeze blowing in through the windows: when she saw Mr. Leif in Sir Glen's chambers.

She sat up looking down the novice hall bathed in faint moon light feeling miles away from everything she had believed she had become. Quietly, she slipped from her bed, her feet wincing against the cold stone floor. But they did not complain for long as she ran out of the novice hall and slipped into Mr. Leif's chambers, her heart thundering in her ears as she closed the servant's entrance, turning to look at the solitary form in the bed.

The door to the room opened, and Sir Glen appeared crossing his arms looking straight at Taylor. He sighed and beckoned her out into the hall with a slight motion of his hand.

Taylor stole a hesitant glance at the bed then scurried across as the guilty mouse in the cookie jar. Sir Glen led her to the bench that had been placed outside of his room and sat down appraising Taylor before he spoke. Her eyes fell on his rumpled clothing from the previous night and it was clear he hadn't slept at all.

"I had a sneaking suspicion. I am not unaware of what goes on in this conclave. You know so little of him so all I can ask is why?" he began his eyes softened as they caught her attention.

"Unless he's asked for another, he has no one else as his companion." Her response came without a thought, but she trembled as the words rang from her lips.

"Loyalty is something that Mr. Leif has very little of. Just remember above all else that patience is the seed. And one other thing Taylor, I need you to remember I can protect you from everything but heartache." He stood up and closed the space between them holding her gaze.

"Thank you Sir Glen." Sir Glen stood and kissed Taylor's temple.

"I only wish I could do more Taylor. Go to Mr. Leif, and help him remember everything he's forgotten."

Taylor gratefully slipped back into Mr. Leif's room and crawled into bed next to him, shedding her gown.

Leif's eyes flew open startled almost jerking away from Taylor as she closed her eyes. Seeing her soft hair and pale skin drew a smile to his lips and he hugged her close.