Because of the Night Ch. 14

Story Info
Some disturbing news comes to Sir Glen's attention.
996 words
4.62
9.1k
00

Part 14 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 09/03/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lady Daire was shown into the only room that showed signs of bowing to Laurie's simple decorative graces. She smirked to herself knowing how stubborn Sir Glen could be, but also knew that Laurie was a formidable opponent. Lady Daire took a seat near the cheerful fire, admiring the delicate details and feminine touches that graced the sitting room.

Upstairs, Sir Glen and Laurie were indulging in a bit of private time when the soft knock interrupted their concentration.

"Forgive me Sir Glen, Lady Daire has come to speak to you and Mr. Leif." Came the hushed message.

"Very well, make sure that she is welcomed. We will join her shortly, and roust out that rascal Mr. Leif."

"As you wish." And as silently as the messenger entered, the messenger left.

Laurie was already gathering Sir Glen's robes and holding them for him.

"Thank you my Laurie. I'll see that we finish later. Little minx." He growled into her neck. She only smiled and followed him down to the sitting room.

Mr. Leif met them at the foot of the stairs, his hair barely raked with his hands, stood up on end. Sir Glen took only an appraising look at his chosen protégé and sighed.

"You do know it was Lady Daire that summoned us?" he asked softly.

Leif nodded, "I was downstairs in the dungeons." Sir Glen sighed and then headed towards the sitting room, Laurie and Leif in tow.

"Always a pleasure to see you Lady Daire." Greeted Sir Glen. "I trust you've been made comfortable?" Sir Glen sat across from Lady Daire, Laurie settling at his feet.

"I wish I could spend a more pleasurable call Sir Glen, but I've come across some news I don't think any of us will like. Lord Xavier plans to restore Sir Colin."

"He's still alive?" Leif asked his face ashen.

"It may have been another lifetime to you Mr. Leif, but Sir Colin has only been removed for a little over a year now." Reminded Lady Daire, her eyes roaming Leif briefly.

"And all who were Sir Colin's are likely to return to him." Ended Sir Glen.

Leif swallowed hard.

"Well, there's little we can do about this Lady Daire." Sighed Sir Glen. "Sir Colin is Lord Xavier's closest friend. Even when the nameless companions were found, Lord Xavier wanted to brush all of the controversy under the rug."

"Lord Xavier has also heard that Mr. Leif has returned. I believe he wants to make an example out of him. But currently, that is only hearsay." Assured Lady Daire, watching Leif grow more silent.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Have you seen Sir Marcus?"

"No, I came here first." She assured her dearest friend. "I didn't want to see such a fine companion as Mr. Leif back under Sir Colin's thumb. For all his troublemaking, Mr. Leif is still the most successful of all the companions rescued from his teachings."

"Thank you Lady Daire."

"Now, if you wouldn't indulge me for a moment Sir Glen, is there any chance I could see a few of your companions for an hour or so?" she asked with a wink.

A hearty chuckle came from Sir Glen. "Laurie, take Lady Daire upstairs and let her select who she wishes."

When they had gone, Sir Glen got up and poured Leif a wine. "I know it's early, but you need this."

"Taylor isn't safe with him. No one is."

"Drink. I'll do the thinking." Ordered Sir Glen.

Leif continued his nervous tirade, ignoring Sir Glen's voice. "That monster isn't safe even for the companion who had strict traditional training. He'll eat them up and spit them out before..."

"Leif! It will be taken care of." Sir Glen roared. Meekly, Leif sat in the chair that Lady Daire had vacated. However, even as the reassurance left his mouth, Sir Glen doubted his scope of abilities.

Sir Glen got up and leaned over Leif catching his eyes. "Not a word of this to Taylor, Leif and I mean it. If you choose to run, you do without her. Promise me."

"On my word." The words quavered as Leif questioned Sir Glen with an eyebrow but didn't venture the question that had grown between them.

"Now go, I have dinner preparations to consider, Sir Marcus will be joining us shortly." Sir Glen pushed back leaving space for Leif to slip away from him.

Once Sir Glen was alone, he allowed the pending fears to seep into his soul. He had not a clue as to what this dice roll could do to either Leif or Taylor. And above all else, he had no idea how to prevent breaking up a pair that had truly earned their way together.

Since having returned from Sir Marcus, Leif and Taylor seemed to have grown closer together. Leif was undoubtedly happier than he had ever been. While the mischievous grin and wink Leif had become famous for could not be tamed, it was remarkable that Leif had utter control over himself and Taylor.

Laurie silently joined him. "What are we going to do Laurie? We can't take Mr. Leif to Lord Xavier, and we certainly cannot allow Sir Colin to just waltz over to Sir Marcus and demand that Taylor return under his guidance. It would shred Leif to ashes."

"I've sent for Sir Marcus. Between the three of you, you'll figure out what can be done for Mr. Leif and Taylor."

"And the others that were Sir Colin's what of them?" mused Glen.

"Leif and Taylor are the only two we know of who have healed as much as they have. And they might never have come as far without you."

Sir Glen shook his head and kissed Laurie's forehead. "Thank you for the reminder my love. Now, please make arrangements for Sir Marcus and his entourage. I expect between Sir Marcus and Lady Daire, our facilities will be quite used."