Bee and David Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maybe if she ignored him more, she'd have enough time to gather her thoughts about the rushed feelings she harbored.

Why wasn't she looking at him?

Was she mad that he told her to get in rather than asked?

His brow furrowed as these thoughts sped through his mind.

He leaned over and turned her face to his.

"I prefer you" he confessed, making her stomach knot.

He saw her jaw clench.

"How do you do that?" she asked, staring from his glacial eyes to his thin lips and back.

"Do what?" he asked, grabbing her hand.

She absent-mindedly turned her head and stared ahead as he intertwined their fingers, intrigued with her lovely dark flesh.

"Make me speechless. Make my heart flutter without even trying. I just met you but--" she cut herself off.

Thinning her lips, she cleared her throat.

"But what, Bianca?"

She looked over at him, her eyes a bright brown and intensity emitted from them.

"Did you feel it when we met, for the first time? Did you feel your heart skip? Body heat?" she questioned, cocking her head to the side.

"Yes."

They sat, staring at each other.

She relaxed and raised the hand he held. Her fingers grazed his neatly shaven chin and played with the imperfection in it which seemed to only enhance his Adonis like figure.

Sighing and shruging her shoulders, she released all self doubt.

"Let's go slow. I'm not used to commitments. I live on a whim" she confessed, a sparkle glittering in her eyes.

Something in him broke. He wanted her to declare an unspoken love for him; he was a stranger just a week ago. But, add on his age and the fact that he was still technically married and he could understand her reluctance.

"I might not be able to stop some of my rather rash behavior, doll. I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeves and I feel an attraction for you for some odd reason" he admitted.

She didn't faultier.

"I adore your honestly and I think you should do what you feel. I just have to let you know that I'm a tainted girl and my emotions are just that, tainted. I've never really done this before."

They pulled up in front of a chic French restaurant.

"I'll take that into consideration" he promised pulling away from her and exiting the car.

She pushed her own car door open and prepared to step out but he rushed to her side.

Seeing her brows furrow, he explained.

"A proper gentleman always holds open a lady's door."

He held out a hand to help her step out. She looked him over with tight lips.

"I'm a feminist, Gabby. This whole chivalry concept is lost on me."

He pulled her tightly to him before shutting her door.

"We'll see about that" he smirked, leading her to the front door.

David grabbed her hand and gave her a little tug as they found some seats near the window.

They talked about recent events while the waiter fetched them water.

Bianca warmed up to him instantly and was surprised to find out he had only lived in Chicago for 6 months.

"Its really an enchanting city" she proclaimed.

He leaned forward, glossy eyed and smooth.

A sultry, "I've noticed", slipped from an endearing voice and rose her body temperature.

The waiter returned, ending his endless flirting for the moment.

After placing their orders, Bianca stared out the window as the waiter refilled their drinks. Clearing her mind, she turned back to David and almost jumped when she noticed him staring at her.

His smoky grey eyes scanned her with concentration while his forefinger grazed his bottom lip.

She smiled and circled her water glass with the tip of her finger.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked squinting at him.

His eyes moved to her lips and then back to her face.

"You."

She lowered her hand.

"And what about me?"

He leaned forward and inhaled, once again her scent made his head swim.

"I want to know everything about you" his look softened.

She really stirred something up within him, he couldn't figure it out. How was he suppose to read her?

She smiled and dipped into her Vegetarian quichè.

They ate in silence as the soft sound of music filled the air.

"Lets play a game."

David looked up to Bianca sipping her drink.

"I'm sorry. Did you say something?" he asked.

"You said you want to get to know me. So, lets play a game" she reiterated.

He gulped and loosened his cuff links then rolled up his sleeve.

A beautiful tattoo popped out as it intricately flowed down past his wrist.

Dark red symbols and light green strokes zigzaged. They erupted right before his wrist in an array of flashing flesh tones.

"I'm not a fan of games" he honestly sighed, sliding his empty plate to the side.

"21 questions, and it'll be fun, Gabriel."

She noticed him cracking his knuckles and wondered how she hadn't noticed his gigantic hands before.

From when he shook her hand, to their fingers nestled in each others just earlier that day.

His mere appearance clouded her good sense.

He nodded.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Green," he spoke calmly, "Yours?"

"Sky blue."

"At what age did you have your first kiss?"

Her eyes widened quickly.

"Twenty-one" she squeaked out.

He stared at her while the odd admission hung in the air.

"16" he answered, ghostly.

"Favorite sports team?"

"Baltimore Ravens."

"L.A Lakers" she cooed.

"Describe yourself in one word."

"That's not a question" she pouted.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Can you please describe yourself with one word?" he corrected.

"Stubborn."

He smirked. The games were just beginning.

"Your turn" she reminded.

"Protective."

She nodded.

""Biggest fear?" he said

"Ewww snakes" she grimaced, a shiver running down her spine.

"Really? Not a fan of reptiles. Shame, I've gotta 20 foot boa at my place."

She gasped. "I guess that's one place I'm never going."

They laughed at the differing humor.

Their waiter returned and they ordered dessert.

She gave him a nod, "Chocolate or vanilla?"

An air of innocence wavered through the air.

"Chocolate. Dark chocolate" he replied, sticking a piece of lava cake in his mouth.

She giggled. Their intense flirting was really heating up.

"Vanilla, with a drizzle of chocolate on top."

"Foul" he called.

"Uh no. You can't call foul, sore loser" she teased.

"I'll have you know I've never been a sore loser a day in my life, madamé" he expressed in his lovely accent.

"And you're a liar?" she gasped at him.

Holding up his hands, he feigned surrender, "Okay, I know when I've been bested. Game over."

She laughed and gave a tiny bow.

"Any plans for the weekend?" he asked.

She thought for a second. Pay bills, check on her graduate school applications, finish her painting.

"Nothing grand, just the usual."

He nodded.

"What made you so upset earlier?"

His jaw clenched and she watched as a somber look clouded his face.

"I was talking to my lawyer. He delivered some disappointing news on my divorce precedings" he explained.

She listened with a serious look, "Lawyers have lawyers?"

He nodded. "I couldn't take the case on myself, it was just too close to me. I just want to get it over with as quick as possible, but---."

He placed his head in his massive hands again, an obvious signal of distress.

"She won't let you go?" Bianca whispered.

"She won't let the money go. I'm just a bonus I guess" he said, still groaning into his hands.

*Money.* she thought. It always boiled down to it.

"When will people realize that their souls aren't for sale?"

He raised his head, and a sharp silver gaze held her breathless.

Her sudden but lovely words stirred his spirit.

Feeling the intensity of his gaze burn a hole straight through her, she counteracted.

"I'm not easily intimidated" she warned with a smile.

That same smile he was helpless to resist.

He nodded, grinning a wide toothed one.

"I love the way your eyes glow when you laugh. You look so carefree" she told him.

"And how do I usually look stuffy?" he joked.

"No," she chuckled. "I mean this is only the second time we've hung out so I'm not entirely sure."

"Hung out? Is that what we're doing, Bianca?..Hanging out?"

She bit her lower lip and looked nonchalently at him.

"Yes. I don't date. Especially, married men."

"Spunky," he admired. "I like women who talk back."

She squinted her eyes, "Do you?"

He grinned. "You really don't know who I am do you?"

"Am I supposed to?" she asked, honestly.

He shook his head.

"Nope, I'm a no one, sweetheart."

"Tsk tsk, aren't you tired of playing the broken hearted romantic?"

She reached for a piece of cake and he saw the slightest grace of her perky breast.

"What um, college did you graduate from?" he asked trying to distract himself from his raging hormones.

"Columbia, majored in english and minored in creative writing."

"Columbia? That a really prestigious school. Very nice one as well. What's next?"

She sighed. "Either grad school and find work in the field or write an award winning novel. Grad school sounds so much easier."

"You're a smart girl. I know you'll do fine."

"We just met, how can you tell?"

His eyes glistened and he spoke with admiration.

"You were so peppy and full of life when I first met you. Something good and true radiated off. You made me speechless."

He leaned over and tucked a stray curl behind her ear.

"Wow, thank you. I-I'm glad we were able to meet."

"It was fate," he retorted. "The gods have plans for us, my dear," he cupped her chin and ran his thumb across it. "I told you, I wanted to get to know you."

She sat mesmerized. His stormy eyes led her into a trance.

"What do you want to know?" softly slipped from behind moist lips.

"Everything," his eyes jumped, "Who is Bianca?"

A darkness passed through her eyes.

"Just another kid going through life so worried that I won't be accepted" she trudged out dropping her eyes.

"Nothing could be farther from the truth" he affirmed.

"I've never had someone take such an interest. I mean I have but it was for obvious reasons."

He dropped his hand and receded back to his side.

She squinted. "Is that why you approached me? Because you want to dig in my well?"

His expression remained impassive.

"Honestly?"

"Honestly" she demanded.

He stared, watching her softly breathe.

"No, I saw your aura before I noticed your endowed assets. But I won't lie to you, you're a charming, gracefully optimistic, gorgeous young woman. There's no doubt about that."

She pulled at her lower lip, radiant teeth tugging it voraciously.

"Please don't do that," he said reaching over and saving her bruised flesh.

"Why?" she defied.

A dangerous look flashed through his eyes, "It does things to me."

Her mouth went dry. She had no idea she had such an effect.

"So you're a lawyer," she began, "tell me about work."

"I'm moreso a consultant now. The legal system got old."

"All smoke and mirrors?"

He laughed and nodded as the waiter collected their plates.

"We'll take the check now" she told him.

He looked from David to Bianca. "Its already been paid, ma'am" he told her, timidly.

She raised an eye to him.

"So that's what you're playing at?" she razzed.

He shrugged his shoulders and tried to hide a slow creeping smile.

"I guess that's our signal to leave," she rose. "Thank you, it was a wonderful meal" she told the young waiter.

He blushed the color of crimson and hurried away.

David rose as well, shaking his headed.

"What?" she asked.

"You're a siren, my dear. Do you usually leave men so red?"

"I have no idea what you mean" she refuted, smiling softly.

Grabbing her hand he ushered her out the restaurant as they headed back to the Lincoln.

*********************************

"Tea, at my place?" she offered.

"I could be a serial killer as far as you know. Ever heard of Jack the Ripper?" he joked.

She crinkled her nose, "I thought he was English?"

He laughed pulling her towards the waiting Lincoln.

Once again they were seated in plush settings; Bianca melted in the car, as David kept an eye on her.

She looked over at him and smiled as they sped down the road.

Creamy, ivory hands and gentle ebony ones, intertwined again.

*********************************

He toyed with the trinket on her coffee table.

"Fascinating" he commented before continuing his story.

She chuckled then took a sip of her tea.

He leaned back next to her, reveling in the close quarters.

The soft, beige sofa squeaked with their every move.

He looked around at her meager residence.

Walking in, he passed a small yet durable kitchen, round dining room table a few feet away and then walked into their homey living room.

Bianca sat next to him, her hair pulled up and in a more comfortable style.

She changed out of the jeans he loved to see squeeze her figure and into cherry red basketball shorts and a purple "Lakers" tank top.

He got comfortable as well. Removing his jacket and tie, kicking off his shoes and unbuttoning a few buttons on his shirt.

"Hahahha!" she laughed at him.

He turned his full attention to her and gently rubbed her cheek.

"I'm telling you it was as big as my leg" he said, finishing his story before placing her trinket down.

She sat her mug on the table and shook her head at him.

"You're a steaming pile of crazy."

"Okay, I guess that's fair. But don't deny me or the fact that there's something about me that just makes you go weak."

She gasped; the nerve of the cocky bastard.

"You wouldn't know the first thing about what makes me weak" she challenged, leaning in.

He cocked his head to one side.

"Touchè."

"Besides I'm not that interesting of a person."

"Why do you say that?"

She shrugged, "Its a long story."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Ugh, you've gotta life, Gabby. My story would take days, if not weeks to explain. "

"I'd wait forever for you."

Her heart lurched forward then shivered at the touch of him as he ran a finger up her thigh.

She leaned back and thought of her inner goddess. She was truely a sexy siren who reveled in teasing men and frequently walked around with the least bit of clothing on.

Silence pierced the air.

His heart beat at an alarming rate as he just looked her over at her.

She was the epitome of pure. Virtuous and delicately innocent. There was no doubt in his mind that she was meant for him.

"Where exactly are you from?"

"Wales," he proudly told her. "From a city called Newport."

She nodded and asked him to tell her more about his childhood.

He fascinated her with tales of the infamous Crete children and their adventurous childhood.

He was the oldest then there was his brother Zachary, who was only 2 years younger. And finally his baby sister, Florence, who was only 2 years older than Bianca.

He watched as her expressions shifted. She seemed excitable when he described his first day of college. Then sad, when he admitted how he and Zach quarrelled after the death of their favorite uncle.

They sat and talked for what seemed like days but only a few hours passed through. He was amazed at how much he was willing to disclose to her.

But, the only thing that delighted him more than seeing her laugh uncontrollably at his mock voices was seeing her hang onto his every word.

He was used to the plastic smiles from admirers and the phony tone they emitted.

Nothing about her was fake. She was the closest thing to perfection he'd ever seen.

Tired of listening to himself drone on, he asked her to tell him about her upbringings.

She gave a small smile as the memories flooded her.

"My mom died when I was little" she told him.

He squeezed her hand.

"I took it the hardest I guess, because out of my other 3 siblings I was sent to live with my grandparents until I went away to college. They're my guardian angels. My gramps is one of those old souls, he still wears a fedora, says "jive turkey" and listens to Vinyl records."

"And my grandma is one of those overbearing, proud ladies. She used to be a black panther and loves to tell me stories of the crazy "missions" she used to go on. She was kinda rough around the edges as a teen," Bianca explained. "But she remembers how having my ma saved her from the horrors of that lifestyle" her face went dark.

She laughed to mask the pain of missing her.

"My gramps tells me I look like her."

She pulled a neatly woven wallet from her pocket and retrieved a picture. The edges were crumpled but the picture itself was visible.

A carmel skinned, middle aged woman stood next to the painting of an orchard. Her thick jet black curls flowed loosely around her shoulders. Bright, exuberant oak stained eyes danced i a glass prison. He noticed a dark beauty mark on the side of her chin.

Looking up he searched for it on his love. Just as she took another sip of tea, he saw the small, "imperfection" and a part of him chuckled.

She posed just as innocent as her offspring, shoulders straight, arms back and smiling, a wide, perfect, toothed one.

He could see where she got her curvy figure from. The woman in the photo wore a red strapless dress that hugged her wide hips and flowed snugly down a flat midsection. It stopped just below her thighs and she looked drop dead gorgeous.

She watched as a faint blush appeared then turned scarlet when his eyes met hers.

"She's beautiful," he smiled, taking another peek at the photo. "You look just like her."

She beamed with joy. Not knowing why his kind words moved her spirits more than she'd like to admit.

"Its hard to believe there was another beautiful woman who shared the same enduring smile."

Taking the picture from him, she sat crossed legged,"Thanks."

Silence filled the air once again.

They stared at each other for a bit.

David took out a wallet of his own and looked over at her.

She blew out a breath of air.

"Wanna see a blast from the past?" he chuckled, handing her a photo.

Her face softened at the image. A much younger David stood with an arm draped over who she assumed was his brother, Zach. And in the middle was a copper haired, grey eyed little girl.

"Is this Florence?" she asked, pointing to the picture.

His eyes followed.

"Yes. When she was 7, in our backyard. That was a great summer."

He ran a hand through his hair.

"You even had grey hair as a kid?!" she asked, focusing in on the picture.

He laughed, "Yes, its a genetic thing. My dad went fully grey before he was 21. Sort of a first born male thing" he shrugged his shoulder.

"Can I touch it, my hands are clean?" She beamed.

She looked so adorable at that moment to him.

"Sure" he laughed again leaning forward.

She eagerly did the same and stretched her hands.

The instant her fingertips made contact with his hair she felt something stir.

Moving past his willowy crown, the silver and black strands tickled her wrists as the pleasant aroma of strawberries invaded her senses.

Grasping his chin she pulled his head up and their eyes met.

"You've got such majestic eyes, David."

Face to face with her, his eyes turned a molten grey.

"Window to my soul, love."

Her long lashes batted rapidly, as if sweeping a vivid image away.

She shook her head and dropped her hand.

"You know, you're interfering with my workout regimen. I'm usually in the gym around this time."

He scoffed, "Please you're perfect, and a day away won't hurt."

She laughed, "Far from it. I could be hanging upside down doing sit-ups right now and trimming my chunkiness away."

His eyes widened, "Chunky?"

"Don't act like you can't tell I've got curves" she teased.

He chuckled then she saw a spark ignite.

"I've gotta admit, I love your curves though," he told her through a whisper. With each admission he inched closer. "Your mountainous peaks are one to be envied, my dear. Why, I can see myself lounging in your valley, deep within you and dare I say enjoying your fruits."