Beginner's Guide to Buying Porn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

  • Most if not all studios have a website, usually www.theirname.com or just look it up on a search engine. But I want to tell you, some can be more trouble than they are worth. There are tons of annoying pop-ups advertising different memberships that enable you to see photos or videos on your computer, just like thousands of other porn sites on the internet. But those sites that are good give you a comprehensive list of what they sell and even sell them, though often at higher prices than you can get them for elsewhere.
  • I'm not one to disparage a person's tastes, but if the specialty films you're looking for involve children or actual pain and suffering or worse, you're on your own. I want nothing to do with that kind of trash and neither should you.
  • Aside from the studio websites and retailers you'll find on the net yourself or through rame, another avenue for purchasing adult video is ebay. Yes, ebay. They have an adult section under their "everything else" category. You have to establish you are an adult first by giving them a credit card, but believe me it's completely secure. On ebay, you are not able to search for a title, but can browse through different categories, such as straight, lesbian, etc. Many of the videos/DVDs are new, while others have been watched by the original purchaser. Like everything else on ebay, you are bidding and the highest bidder wins. Just don't get caught up in the excitement of bidding and pay more than you should. You can get some very good deals on ebay, especially for compilations.
  • Here again, I warn you that box covers and descriptions are frequently better than the actual video, so be cautious and read the review before bidding, if one is available. I've sold a lot of videos/DVDs on ebay and have been pleased. I've also purchased some real crap in my time, not ebay's fault. There are even some ebay "retailers" who offer hundreds of titles – many you've never of. They can be of every different variety. All I'm saying – it boils down to this – if you waste money on disappointing product, you may get turned off to the worthwhile videos, and that would be a shame. Stick to the good stuff at first, and if you can get great deals on some other titles and want to take a shot, go to it.

  • If you're looking to turn your lover on, don't just stick with what youthink he or she would like. You may be wrong. A straight-laced heterosexual girl may be overwhelmed by a scene of two women getting it on, trust me! So may that bank manager husband of hers. More men and women have been turned to mush by the sight of two gorgeous women licking each other's pussies than you can imagine. In fact, it isso arousing that most straight porn has at least one or two girl-girl scenes in it. All I'm saying is - experiment.

    My favorites? I have to again admit that there are so many out there that I haven't seen, but you don't want to hear that. Well, some of my real favorites include:

    Fade to Blue (with Juli Ashton)
    Fade to Black (with Taylor Hayes)
    Dinner Party (with Celeste and Mark Davis)
    Search for the Snow Leopard
    Nothing to Hide, Justine 2 (great!!)
    Chameleon (with Torri Wells) also, Chameleons 2, with Diedre Holland
    Eyes of Desire
    Elements of Desire
    Bad Wives (Dyanna Lauren & Mellisa Hill)
    Amanda by Night
    Talk Dirty to Me (John Leslie)
    Taboo (Kay Parker – wow!)
    Undressed to Thrill
    Borderline II (Celeste)
    Flashpoint (Jenna Jameson)
    Masseuse 3

    OK, let's summarize for a moment before you run off to the Internet or store. You can choose your video by the star, the studio or the subject – or all three. But you shouldnot choose it based on the box cover alone or you will usually be disappointed.

    If you want couples oriented porn, you can choose Vivid, Femme, VCA or others that cater to this market. You can also choose based on the director, such as Paul Thomas or Veronica Hart, since they generally stick to the same type of films.

    If you want sex scenes and nothing but, there are many 4-hour compilation tapes that will keep you happy for hours on end. This is another way to save some money. If youreally have the hots for a star, let's say Dyanna Lauren! (hey, it's my article), see if they have an interactive DVD. They are usually calledMy Plaything orVirtual Sex with (name of star). These DVDs let you sort of simulate having sex with the star by choosing the action (oral, intercourse, etc.), the position, and even the nature of the star (saying warm and fuzzy things or slutty things). If you like the idea of a porn star looking in your eyes and begging you to fuck her silly, these are fun, at least for a while.

    Read the review of a movie before you buy, if one is available. www.rame.net is one great place, and they seem to be quite objective. Opinions on a feature may vary, but if they're all good or all bad, it's an important indication. The reviews usually have enough detail to help you decide on your own if the video is for you.

    Well, I certainly hope that I've been helpful to you. I do think that porn is a great way to get fired up, learn some new positions and sex acts and spice up your sex life overall. With such an incredible variety to choose from and so many places to get it, including ordering over the Internet and having it delivered to your door, there's something for nearly every interested adult. Good luck, enjoy, and as always, email me with any comments or questions.

  • 12
    Please rate this story
    The author would appreciate your feedback.
    • COMMENTS
    Anonymous
    Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
    Post as:
    Anonymous
    2 Comments
    HedonistusHedonistusover 13 years ago
    Review

    Thankyou for writing a most entertaining, informative and helpful article.

    It really is appreciated.

    AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
    You Left Out The BEST

    ASHLYN GERE is one of the best actresses in adult movies. She has a very erotic vioce and can really suck COCK!

    Share this Story

    Similar Stories

    A Beginner's Guide to Dominating her First time Topping: how to start off right.in How To
    Blowjobs for Dummies Read this with your lady & you'll thank the author.in How To
    How to Eat Pussy Like a Champ Oh yes, you're going to be very popular.in How To
    That's What Friends Are For Justin's best friend Samantha will do anything for him. in First Time
    A Blizzard & the Night of Firsts A storm forces a virgin to find warmth with 3 women.in First Time
    More Stories