Bella

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After Keanu and Aolani left for home I decided to have a small drink before calling it a night. As I sat on my liane watching the stars, I heard a small voice calling, "Poppie." I walked into the house and found a little girl huddled in a corner softly crying.

It broke my heart. I picked her up and carried her out to my chair. She cuddled as she sat on my lap and soon was back to sleep.

We spent the night in the lounge chair. Boy was I stiff the next morning.

Aolani woke us up the next morning wondering what we wanted for breakfast.

I looked at Bella and said, "mangiare?" (eat).

She jumped up and grabbed Aolani's hand and the two of them headed for the kitchen. Soon I was served a cup of coffee by a very proud little girl. She chatted away to me as if I knew exactly what she was saying. I helped her set the coffee cup on the table so that we wouldn't get any spills.

She stood there and watched me with the coffee. It took a few seconds before all the grey cells in my head realized that she was waiting for me to sip my coffee. I did and with great exuberance said, "Perfetto."

I was rewarded with an ear to ear grin.

I noticed that Aolani was standing in the doorway watching. She smiled at me and said, "Way to go Boss.Now go take a shower and get cleaned up while Bella and I prepare breakfast."

One thing I learned at my mother's knee, OBEY ALL COMMANDS given by a female or you'll regret it. So I headed for my bathroom.

As I was finishing dressing a little voice said, "Popie, prima colazione (Breakfast)" When I opened my bedroom door there she was waiting for me. She took my hand and escorted me to the kitchen. There I found the table set in my finest china. On closer examination I noticed that the silverware was set in a very haphazard manner. I looked at the little one and gave her a big thumbs up.

This time along with my smile I also got a hug.

After breakfast I got on the phone and started calling in favors and other forms of blackmail. I was looking for a translator. As much as Bella was growing on me, I knew that somewhere someone was looking for her. She was just too precious a little girl.

____________________________________

I think I should stop for a second and tell you about my "estate ". When I bought the property there was a small inlaw house behind the main house. Since I didn't have any in laws, I rented the house out to vacationers in monthly periods.

My estate was in a gated compound with all the necessary security. So the rent was high.

Because of the security, location, and ridiculous rent I charged, I got people who were famous and wanted privacy. My current tenants were no exception. They arrived last night and I was yet to meet them. All I knew was they were a husband and wife with a small child. She was the main breadwinner, with a job on national news.

Bella and I were enjoying our breakfast when we heard "Excuse me, could I borrow some milk for coffee and our child's cereal?"

Now I knew that between renters, we tossed out any leftover food. With the humidity, nothing lasted very long.

I smiled at him and said, "No. But you guys must join us for breakfast. I know there is nothing to eat over there."

"Please join us. We have plenty of food and would love the company. "After a few false starts, he agreed.

He went back to the guest house for his wife and child. When they returned, we introduced our selves and sat down to one of Aolani's fabulous meals. Since I was ahead in the food department, I explained about Bella. My goal was to see if they knew any Italian speakers.

They didn't, but our news anchor paid very close attention to my tale.

We were even enjoying coffee from my Keurig coffee maker. Aolani had brought out a selection of coffees, teas, and some hot chocolates for the kids. My guests had a good time inspecting all the choices.

My house phone started ringing. Aolani answered it and after a short chat, handed me the phone.

"Good morning." I started.

And very formal voice asked, "Please hold for the Ambassador." Then put me on hold.

The next voice I heard was a very pleasant male with a slight Italian accent. "Mr. Douglas? I'm the ambassador to the United States for my government. I understand that you have found a child of one of our citizens. "

"Yes, Sir and I need some help with her." I went on to explain Bella's discovery and everything we had done so far to help her. He listened politely until I was finished. He then asked if he could speak to her. I handed the phone to Bella.

"Pronto", she began.

For the next 30 minutes she listened and occasionally replied with a "Si" or some rapid Italian I couldn't quite translate. Finally she handed me back the phone.

The ambassador highlighted their talk. It seemed that Bella only knows of her life with her kidnappers. She did not know her mother or father, her real name, her age, or birth date. She was kept chained in small rooms as she grew from an infant.

Her food was put in metal bowls on the floor of what ever room she was being kept in. She was never allowed out of her "room". She was not allowed anything to wear but the shift I found her in.

She was only ever called, "Girl." That was the only name she ever knew.

The Ambassador indicated he was sending a representative of his government to delve into her history. He also indicated that his "people" had checked me out and it was decided that Bella would remain with me until her fate was determined.

The Ambassador's representative would be flying out in three days and would be staying with Bella at my home. "If that was agreeable." He said.

It was very agreeable with Bella and me.

I spent the next hour answering questions from everyone at the breakfast table. When they finally ran down, the Chief of Police showed up.

I went through the mornings events with him.

Somehow, it was decided that Bella needed a "little girls bed." Guess who was volunteered to buy one.

Keanu brought the car around while Aolani dressed Bella. Somehow my renters were invited along to see the mall. I knew the husband didn't relish spending one of his vacation days shopping. So, with very little effort, I talked him into spending the day at the golf course.

We all fit into my Bentley, with room to spare. I drove the car to the mall while Keanu dropped off the husband at the golf course.

Bella recognized the mall and when I explained that we were going buy her a bed of her own, she cried tears of joy. She dragged me to the store where she saw the "pink" bedroom set yesterday. Now Ala Moana mall is a big place. Bella navigated the mall to that store with out a single error.

When she grows up, she'll be one he'll of a shopper.

Bella did not understand all the in and outs of shopping, but she was learning fast All she knew was that she wanted the pink bed and the great big teddy bear in it. I handed Aolani my Gold Card any they left with the sales lady.

She and Bella left to pick out sheets and pillows and all the other stuff Bella need to establish her own room.

Everything we purchased was to be delivered and set up by 5:00 PM that day. Bella would sleep in a real bed tonight. Her own bed.

We were a happy group. So we stopped at the food court for junk food and ice cream. Bella was overwhelmed. She had never seen anything like the food court. She wanted to try everything. But Aolani put the kibosh to that idea.

I guess I didn't mention that Aolani was a health food addict. Junk food was not in her dictionary. But Bella still got some junk food. That kid could charm the socks off anyone.

It was 3:00 PM when we arrived home. And found a large furniture truck waiting for us. Bella's new bedroom had arrived. The movers had most of the items off the truck and they were sitting in front of the garage waiting for us.

Bella was so excited that I was surprised that she didn't have an accident in her panties.

She walked up to the biggest mover and started jabbering away in Italian. The two of them entered the house hand in hand, with Bella leading the way. She took him right to the bedroom next to mine and started pointing to the existing furniture. As she pointed to a piece, she would demonstrate carting it out to the hall and into the next empty room.

The movers loved it. Before long they were a perfectly coordinated team. The guys carting and Bella directing. It took until 6:00 PM, but the guys got everything set up. I walked the two men out to their truck. I gave each man $100 as a tip. At first they refused the money explaining that Bella was worth their time and I didn't need to tip them.

But I prevailed.

Bella, Aolani and my renter went to work putting Bella's stuff into the various drawers and storage things. When we purchased her clothing it looked like a lot of stuff. But when it was all put away, the drawers and things were painfully empty. I knew there were a lot of trips back to the mall in my near future.

I sent Keanu out for food and the golfer as Bella gave me a tour of her new room. The big teddy bear was in the middle of her bed. In his arms was her little doll. Bella walked over to the bed and pointed at the big bear, "Popie" she said. Then she touched the little doll, "Bella" was all she said.

I just stood there with tears running down my cheeks.

Bella reached into the pocket of her dress and came out with my handkerchief from yesterday. She pulled me down on my knees and started drying my cheeks.

That night I wore pajamas to bed in case I got a visitor. In the middle of the night, I got a little visitor. This time she wasn't scared. She was happy and wanted to cuddle.

Toward the end of the week I got an email from the Italian Embassy. It was the flight number and arrival time of Bella's tutor. Bella, Keanu and I were standing in the arrivals lounge when Ms Gina Castillo walked through the gate. She was stunning. Dark hair, olive skin, dark eyes, about 5' 6". I've never been good at guessing a woman's weight but the body was perfect. She was dressed in a business suit that heightened her attributes.

In my humble opinion, WOW!!!!!!

We went through the greeting routine between us adults. When everyone was introduced, Gina squatted down and introduced herself to Bella in Italian. The two of them must have chatted for at least 5 minutes. When Gina finally stood back up, Bella was holding her hand. I felt a twinge of jealousy. But Bella pulled Gina over to me and took my hand in her free one. We walked out of the airport with Bella between the two of us holding our hand.

We walked to the baggage claim area. Gina pointed out two small bags. "Not a lot of clothes", I thought. I hoped she was having the rest of her stuff shipped.

When we arrived home, KeanuKeanu put her luggage in one of the spare rooms. Bella gave Gina the grand tour of the house ending with Bella's bedroom. It was a busy afternoon. Bella and Gina spent until Bella's bedtime just talking even through dinner. The two of them disappeared into the rear of the house. About an hour later, the two of them reappeared. Bella had on pj's and Gina a long house coat. They both had that fresh scrubbed look.

Bella kissed me good night and said something to Gina. Gina laughed and said, "Bella wants to know if you are still going to tuck her in bed or will you be tucking me in instead."

I guess my jaw dropped open.

Bella said something to Gina. Gina started laughing. "Bella wants to know if it's still alright to climb into bed with you if she gets scared or will I get mad at her. I guess she thinks we'll be sleeping together."

I guess I couldn't believe my ears because I was mute.

Gina just smiled. "Out of the mouths of babe's." I thought.

I took Bella's hand and walked her into my bedroom. I took her over to my bed pointed at my side and said, "Popie". Pointing at the other pillow, I said, "Bella". I was rewarded with an ear to ear smile. I had a very happy little girl.

Bella looked at the bed and started pointing. "Popie, Bella, Gina?" indicating which pillow was for each of us.

I looked over at Gina who was just enjoying the shit out of this whole conversation, "OK, explain your ass out of this." I challenged.

Gina just looked at Bella and said, "Si'".

Now it was my time to shit.

After I got Bella all tucked in, I went looking for Gina. I found her on the lanai waiting for me. She was drinking a glass of wine. I fixed myself a Crown Royal on the Rocks. A strong one.

"We've got to talk. I learned a lot about Bella today. "

"Damn right we do", I replied. I was pissed.

"I was just having fun with you. You really need to loosen up a little. First, and most important, is that Bella has never had any education or mother child bonding. She was left to raise herself. Her language skills are about equal to a 4 year old. She has never been taught any personal hygiene. She has never been shown any affection in her whole life."

"Well the language skills aren't that far off. I figured she's 5 or 6." I replied.

"Sorry, but as near as I can tell, she's around 10 or 11."

Gina went on to tell me her qualifications. She was a Child Philologist, educated in Rome and Switzerland. She said that Bella was a blank slate. We could mold her into a productive member of the human race, if I wanted to help.

Gina went on to tell me all about her afternoon with Bella. Gina looked around and said, "This is your home, but Bella refers to it as if it's both of yours. You need to be very careful how you refer to it around her."

Me? I was still stuck at her age.

"Next, I will start teaching her English," she continued. "As soon as her English improves, I want you to start reading to her at bedtime. It will not only help her English, but it will also help her learn affection. We need to replicate all the personal interactions a child would have during their early years."

"I can do that", I said proudly.

"The next thing we need to do is demonstrate affection between adults. By that I mean simple things, like hand holding, simple kissing, hugging, and affectionate touching. Now I'm not suggesting that we tear off our clothes and have sex on the floor in front of her."

"It sounds that you have a lot of work laid out for us. How long will you be staying and will your husband/boyfriend object?" I asked.

"I have no one in my life at present. And as for how long. We'll play that by ear."

"Get a good night's sleep. You should have your friend join you, when she gets lonely. "She continued.

I must have looked at her funny, because she said, "Not me. Bella"

Over the next couple of weeks our renter/news lady spent a lot of time with Bella and Gina. When Gina told her not to work on a story just yet, she was just being protective toward Bella.

The next few days were crazy around the house. First there was the arrival of Gina's stuff. The UPS guy made at least 5 trips with his hand cart. I knew women liked clothes but this was ridiculous. She with, Bella's help, managed to get everything unpacked and either stored in her closet or in the dresser.

I did get a laugh at some of what they sent. There were winter clothes and a set of ski's. In case you don't know, it very rarely gets below 65 degrees F. The tall volcanoes may get an occasional few inches of snow but there aren't ski lifts and there's not much call for cold weather outfits.

It seemed as if Bella and Gina were joined at the hip. It you saw one the other was right next to her. I began to see a method in Gina's madness. When Bella asked a question, Gina answered it in English first, then if Bella didn't get it. Gina went back and slowly answered it again. This time explaining the English words in Italian. I began to notice that Bella was accepting the English answers more often than not.

The next big surprise was when the UPS man arrived with boxes of school books. Bella was to start her adventure into home schooling. She took to it like a fish to water. She and Gina set up a small classroom in one of my spare bedrooms. They spent at least 4 hours in the morning, broke for lunch, did some girl things, and then if time permitted, the rest of the afternoon before dinner. If Gina wasn't handy, I was given the chance to answer Bella's "school" questions. Bella tried to talk to me in English when she asked a question. Under pain of death from Gina, I was required to answer in English. Bella had an Italian/English dictionary with her at these times. I could judge if my answer was over her head by the amount of page turning there was going on.

______________________________________

Two months had gone by and I was really impressed with Bella's progress and Gina's skills. One morning at breakfast, I was interrupted by a phone call from Washington, DC. It was the Italian Ambassador. It seems as if we were the darlings of the morning news shows.

My renter did a special on Bella, child kidnappings, and our success with saving Bella. There was Bella, smiling from ear to ear holding Gina's and my hand, Bella at the Starbucks, Bella at the mall.

We had a long conversation. The core of which was of course Bella and her safety.

The Italian government could find nothing about Bella. No parents, no siblings, no nothing. Unless someone would step forward and adopt her, she was headed for an Italian orphanage.

I didn't even have to stop and think, I just said, "Of course I will."

The Ambassador just laughed, "I knew you would. But I had to ask." he said he would make all the necessary arrangements.

His next statement floored me. "What about Gina?

"Her being available will cease when you adopt Bella." he stated. "She is attached to the Embassy."

Bella would be heart broken if Gina left. "Can we get her a work visa? Then I could pay her as a tutor." I liked having Gina around. Eye candy and all that. And besides, I liked our chats after Bella went to bed. At first, the talks were all about Bella and her progress. But with time, they evolved into conversations about each other.

We found compatibility.

"Talk to her and let me know." was all he said.

That night Gina and I had what was to be the first of many talks. I told her about my decision to adopt Bella to prevent her from ending up in an orphanage.

Well I had always heard that Italian women had terrible tempers. Gina proved that to be a fact. She read me the riot act. I guess I struck a nerve.

Gina yelled that while my intentions were good, "I was a stupid jerk (actually she used a much stronger adjective describing what I sat on. And she wasn't referring to a chair). When she finally calmed down we discussed the adoption into the wee hours.

We left it that it was Bella's decision. I knew I would be heart broken if Bella didn't choose me.

Gina was quiet around me for the next month. And I walked on eggs.

One morning when Keanu and I were returning from coffee, we were met at the door by Gina and Bella. Bella ran up to me and just hugged me with all her might. Gina threw her arms around my neck and gave me a kiss that curled my toe nails.

I guess I did something right. But I'll be dammed if I knew what.

When Gina finally gave me my lips back, she said, "You are a wonderful man. The Ambassador called today. The papers are being FedEx's to us."

"What papers?" I never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the box.

"Don't you try and fool me. I know you planned everything. Adopting Bella and sponsoring my visa so I could stay here with you two."

That night there were two females in my bed. Now I'm not a pervert, but Bella was in her usual spot and Gina was spooned against my back. Damn, I got a really good sleep.

The next morning, I woke with my "woodie" poking Gina in the butt. It was a nice way to wake. Too bad that Bella was wrapped around my back. I could have stayed that way all day, except my kidneys were demanding some serious bathroom time.