Ben & Nancy Ch. 22

Story Info
Trish comes out of her coma and clears Ben.
2.8k words
4.71
23.9k
1
0

Part 22 of the 24 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 10/06/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,333 Followers

Passion in James County XV: Ben and Nancy

Chapter twenty-two

Dawn was sitting in the waiting room outside the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital, waiting for her turn to go in and sit with Trish. She was surprised, and delighted, when she saw her mother walk in with Mr. Morris. She jumped to her feet, ran to her mother, and hugged her.

"Mom!" she exclaimed, "I'm really glad you're here. You were gone so long I...I was worried about what was going on." She released her mother, stepped back, looked at Ben, then at her mother. "You...you got Mr. Morris out of jail?"

"There is proof Ben...Mr. Morris...didn't attack Trish," Nancy said. "So they had to let him go."

Dawn turned and surprised both Ben and her mother by hugging him. "God, am I ever glad to hear that!" the girl exclaimed. "It's bad enough Trish is in the hospital, all banged up. If...if I'd have lost you, too, Mr. Morris, I don't know what I'd have done."

Ben gave Dawn a hug. It occurred to him that, if things went as he hoped they would, it wouldn't be the last time he would be hugging her. Then he wondered what she'd think about that. "How is Trish?" he asked.

Dawn stepped back and shook her head. "She isn't good," she said softly. "It...it looks like she might be coming out of the coma a little, but..."

Just then, a bulky woman, dressed in a pink sweat suit, with blonde hair piled high on her head and streaked make upon her face, entered the waiting room. "Mrs. Dillon, I'm glad you're here," the woman said. "We have to call the police."

"Why?" Nancy asked. She wondered why Trish's mother wanted the police.

"Trish...she...she's awake," Mrs. Wilkins said. "She...she told me who...who did this to her. It...it isn't the teacher the police arrested. We...we have to get that straightened out. That poor man shouldn't be in jail."

"It's already been straightened out," Nancy said. "Mrs. Wilkins, I'd like you to meet Ben Morris."

Trish's mother blanched under her makeup. "How...how did...?" she stammered.

"That's not really important," Nancy said. "What is important is that the police know who the real criminal is so they can arrest him before he hurts anyone else. Why don't you and I go and call them right now?" She took Mrs. Wilkins' arm and they started for the door.

Mrs. Wilkins stopped and turned to Ben. "Trish...she...she was askin' for you, Mr. Morris," she said. "If you want, you can go in and see her. I'll tell the nurses it's OK."

"Thank you," Ben said. He walked into the ICU and found the cubicle where Trish lay. He was shocked by what he saw as he approached the girl's bed. Trish's face was swathed in bandages, but he could still see how swollen and bruised it was. Tubes ran into her arms, and various monitors hanging on the wall beeped. He looked down at her. "Hi, Trish," he said softly. "How...how are you doing?"

"Hi...Mr. Morris," came the girl's soft reply. "I...I got my article...finished..." she whispered. "It's...it's in my...my folder on...the hard...drive."

Ben reached down and took her hand. "That's not important now, Trish," he said. "What is important is that you get better and get out of here. I'm not sure we'll be able to get the paper out without you."

Trish squeezed his hand and smiled. "Yeah, sure," she whispered. "It'll probably be better if I'm not there to mess it up."

"No way," Ben said. "How can we have a good paper without one of our best reporters? Look, Trish, I'm glad you're better, but I think I should get going. I don't want to tire you out. Your mom should be back in a couple of minutes."

"Thanks for coming to see me, Mr. Morris," Trish said.

"You're welcome, Trish," Ben replied. "I'll come back, OK?"

"I'll be really pissed at you if you don't come back," the girl told him. "You...you think, maybe, I could write an article about...about what happened to me when...when I get better?"

Ben was amazed by her request. "I think that's a fantastic idea, Trish," he said. "Your story might help keep someone else from going through what you're going through."

"It was that creep, Buddy Marks, that did this to Trish," Dawn told Ben when he walked back into the ICU waiting room. "I heard Mrs. Wilkins telling Mom."

"Where is your mother?" Ben asked.

"She and Mrs. Wilkins are out talking to the cops," Dawn said. "They got here real quick after Mrs. Wilkins called them."

"Dawn, there's something you and I need to talk about," Ben said. He wanted to find out what the young woman thought about his having a relationship with her mother, and now was as good a time as any to find out. If Dawn was opposed, it would make things very difficult.

"What's that?" the girl asked, looking at him with interest.

"Well..." Ben began. He took a deep breath.

Before he could continue, the door opened and Nancy stuck her head in. "Ben, can you come out here a minute?" she asked.

"Sure," Ben said. He turned back to Dawn. "We'll talk later, OK, Dawn?"

"OK," she said. "I'm gonna go in with Trish for a while."

When Ben walked out in the hall he saw Sgt. Dewars and the man he remembered was Lt. Jackman were talking with Nancy and Mrs. Wilkins.

"You wanted to see me?" he asked, very aware that a cold feeling was forming inside his stomach.

"I wanted to talk with you, Mr. Morris," Tim Jackman said. "Can we speak in private for a minute?"

"Ah...I...I guess so," Ben said. He followed the officer down the hall until they were far enough away so the women couldn't hear them. "What do you want to talk with me about, Lieutenant?"

"First of all," Tim said, "I have to apologize for the way I acted at your house earlier today. I was pretty rough on you when we busted you. I...I'd seen the girl, and I was pissed, you know? I was out of line the way I treated you, and I'm sorry."

Ben shrugged. "Judging from what I just saw in there, I can't even imagine what Trish must have looked like when you found her," he said. "I think I might have been upset, too."

"Thanks," Tim said.

"Was there anything else, Lieutenant?" Ben asked.

Tim smiled. "Well, yes there is," he said. "A couple of things, actually. First of all, remember that pair of women's panties we found?"

Ben felt his face get hot. "Yes," he said.

"Well, because the victim was in a coma, we weren't sure whether they were hers or not," Tim said, blushing a little, too. "...so I asked my wife it she thought they were, you know, Trish's. Heidi told me there was no way they could have come from that girl in there. I was going to tell Alex, that's the sheriff, about it when the dispatcher told me you'd been released because Nancy came forward and gave a statement that she'd been with you at the time the crime occurred."

"I see," Ben said. "So even if Nancy hadn't come forward, I'd have likely been released?"

Tim nodded. "Probably," he said.

Ben noticed that Tim was looking down the hall, studying Nancy. "You said there were a couple of things," he noted. "What else did you want to tell me?"

Tim grinned at him. "Well, Nancy's a pretty slim woman," he said. "Maybe not as slim as Trish, but still pretty slim," he continued. "I wonder..." He looked at Ben and smiled knowingly, "...if she really was with you last night, or if she lied for you."

"I..." Ben started to offer an explanation.

Tim raised his hand. "I'm not saying that again, ever, to anybody. And I haven't told anyone else," he said. "I know Nancy. She's a class lady. She's my wife's best friend. There's a name I don't know and I'm not sure I need to know. I will say that if I was involved with a woman and she wouldn't risk coming forward to save my butt when she could, I probably wouldn't keep seeing her. And if there was another woman who'd put her butt on the line to save mine, I'd grab hold of the second one and hang on for dear life."

Ben smiled and nodded. "I intend to do that," he said. "If the lady in question is willing to let me."

"If that's true, you're not only a lucky man, but a smart one," Tim said. "That's all I had to say, Mr. Morris. Sorry about the trouble we put you through."

"You were just doing your job," Ben said.

When Ben and Tim rejoined the others, Tim, Sgt. Dewars, and Mrs. Wilkins went into the ICU to talk with Trish and Ben and Nancy went into the waiting room, where Dawn was sitting.

"Why don't we go home?" Nancy suggested.

"Sounds good to me," Dawn said, getting up and stretching. "This place is depressing."

"If you want to stop on the way, I'll treat for pizza," Ben said. Then he remembered he didn't have his wallet with him and blushed. "Ah...that is if you'll loan me the money, Nancy. I...I forgot my wallet this morning when the police had me get dressed."


"Just so you pay me back," she chuckled.

They left the hospital, piled into Nancy's car, and headed downtown for one of the popular pizza houses. While they ate they talked about Trish, and how great it was that she was recovering, and about what might happen to Buddy Marks when he was caught.

They were almost finished with their meal when Ben noticed that Nancy's face was serious.

"Dawn, honey, there's something we need to talk about," she said.

"Why do you look so serious, Mom?" her daughter asked.

"How...how would you feel about my having a man in my life again?" Nancy asked.

The teenager frowned. "You mean would I mind if you had a boyfriend?" she asked.

Nancy nodded. "You know, Dawn, I loved your father and I haven't dated anyone since he died," she said.

"Yeah, I know, I worry about that sometimes," Dawn said. "Are you trying to tell me you found somebody?"

Nancy nodded. She took a deep breath. "That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you," she said. "Do...do you mind?"

Dawn sat there, looking thoughtful, for a while. Ben and Nancy exchanged apprehensive looks. Finally, the girl brightened. "I...I think it's neat, Mom," she said. "You're still young and pretty, why shouldn't you have a boyfriend? Who is it? Is it somebody I know?"

Nancy looked at Ben, who stared back at her. Here it was, the moment he knew had to come, but dreaded.

"Dawn, how...how would you feel if the man I'm involved with is younger than I am?" she asked.

Dawn shrugged. "What difference does that make?" she asked. "I mean, if you love him, what difference does it make how old he is?"

Nancy took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "So you wouldn't be upset if I told you I was in love with Ben?" she said.

Dawn looked puzzled. "Ben...Ben who?" she asked, then understanding showed on her face and she looked at Ben, who was sitting there, his heart thudding. "You mean you...you and Mr. Morris, you're...? He's the one you...?"

"Yes, Honey, I hope that doesn't upset you," Nancy said.

Dawn kept looking from her mother to Ben and back, her eyes filled with confusion. "I...I don't understand. I...I didn't think you even knew him that well. How...how could you be in love with him?" she stammered.

"If you think about how you feel about Ben, I think you'll probably understand why I'm in love with him," Nancy said. "And I'm afraid there's more to my relationship with Ben than you're aware of. I had no idea things would turn out like they have, but...well, that's what's happened. I love him, Dawn, very much. I...I hope you approve of our relationship. I really do. It's important to me that you do."

"It's important to me, too, Dawn," Ben said. "And what your mother says is true for me, too. I'm in love with her. I've been in love with her for a long time."

Dawn sat there, shaking her head. "I don't understand any of this," she said. "I can't figure it out." She looked across the table at her mother. "I want you to be happy, though, and if Mr. Morris makes you happy, Mom, then I'm happy."

"Ben does make me happy," Nancy said. "Very happy. Come on, let's go home."

The drive back to the Dillon house was quiet. Dawn, lost in thought, sat in the back seat of the car, not saying anything. Ben sat on the passenger side, hoping Dawn wouldn't change her mind. He also feared what she'd think if she ever learned about the history he and her mother had. Nancy was wondering the same things.

"I'm going to bed," Dawn said the minute they got in the house. She kissed her mother, gave Ben a hug, and ran upstairs.

Nancy looked at Ben, her eyes red and wet. "I...I had to tell her," she said. "I...I hope you don't mind."

"We had to do it sooner or later," Ben said. "Actually, I was starting to tell her back at the hospital."

"I think she's still a little confused, but I'm sure she'll adjust," Nancy said.

"What...what do you think will happen if she finds out about what we did five years ago?" Ben asked softly.

"I'm not sure," Nancy replied. "I've been wondering the same thing. I...I'm afraid it's something we'll have to deal with sooner or later, though."

"Maybe, if we do it together, when she's ready to hear it," Ben said, "it won't be so bad."

"I hope so," Nancy said.

"I guess I better get going," Ben said. His apartment was within walking distance of the Dillon home, so getting there wouldn't be a problem. "It's been a long day, I'm beat, and I'm sure they expect me to show up in school tomorrow."

"Do...do you have to go home, Ben?" Nancy asked.

Ben shook his head. "No...I...I don't have to," he said. "I...I don't want to, either. Do...do you want me to?"

Nancy shook her head.

Hand-in hand, they went upstairs to the master bedroom. When they got there, Ben slipped off his sweat suit and slid into bed. He watched as Nancy slipped out of her clothes and swallowed hard. "You are so lovely," he said softly.

Nancy's face and most of the remainder of her anatomy, turned bright red. "Ben!" she exclaimed. "It embarrasses me when you say things like that!" She slid into bed next to him, into his arms, and pressed her mouth against his.

Nancy leaned back and looked at him, her face flushed, when the kiss ended. "Ben, maybe we shouldn't be doing this," she whispered. "What if Dawn hears us?"

Ben cupped his hand around one of her firm breasts, and rubbed his thumb over the already-erect nipple. "Are you really worried about that?" he asked.

"Ohh!" Nancy murmured. When his hands commenced roving over her, inflaming her, drawing soft groans of delight from her, she felt the delightful fluttering in her belly that was always there when he touched her.

Ben rolled atop her, and his rigid shaft slid between her legs and right into her torrid, humid vagina.

"Oh!" Nancy groaned, "Yes! Take me, Ben! Take me!"

Ben began to move his hips, each movement thrilling them more. He felt Nancy's hips rising to meet his thrusts.

"Oh! Yes!" Nancy groaned softly, fighting the urge to cry out in delight, then she lost the battle and vocalized the joy she was feeling. "I'm...I'm coming! Ben! I'm coming! Yes! Yes!"

Ben's probing shaft pistoned in and out, each stroke feeling more fantastic than the last. Finally, he felt his eruption begin.

"Me...too!" he groaned, as he spewed his seed into her. "Nancy! Oh, God, Nancy, I...I love you!"

Nancy pulled his face down and covered his mouth with hers. Her own orgasm had begun to ebb, and for the first time she was able to fully enjoy the sensation of his warm juices splattering against her insides. It felt good, so incredibly good, that another tremor of bliss shook her.

When they were finished, Ben rolled onto the bed next to Nancy, took her in his arms and their lips locked in a longing, passionate kiss.

"Want to try one more time?" he asked when the kiss ended.

"I think, maybe, both of us should get some rest," Nancy said. "I know I sure do. I'm exhausted."

"Sounds good to me," Ben said. "I have school tomorrow." He pulled the covers over them, shut off the light and, snuggled in each other's arms, he and Nancy fell asleep.

D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,333 Followers