Ben and Streek: Clone Saga Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Axelotl
Axelotl
425 Followers

Ryan wiped the blood on his gi. He was furious now. He ran at her, and Streek gave a low sweeping kick that sent him crashing into the floor.

Ryan quickly got up and came at her again, once again he struck out at her with his fists and feet but only hit the air. Streek danced around him and kicked the back of his knees, sending him down to the floor again.

He got up, and was soon sent crashing to the floor again. "Oh that's right, you did say something about wiping the floor earlier, didn't you?" The others laughed again, making Ryan more furious.

"Fuckin' slut!!, I'll beat that smile off your bitch face!" He got up again and came at her, this time instead of just dodging, Streek got in close, blocking his blows. He was strong. She gave a big uppercut, sending him stumbling back. That's for calling me a slut!

"That's enough!" Sergeant Takoshi said loudly. "I think you've made your point Miss McKenzie. Four days my ass! It looks like we have another Mia Bolton."

"Yes Sergeant." said Streek bowing to him. The other recruits all clapped, impressed with what they saw.

"NO! We're not finished!" said Ryan rushing up behind her. Streek quickly twisted her body and then threw him over her shoulder, sending him crashing to the ground once again. Sergeant Takoshi stood over him.

"I said that was enough Olsen. I think you would have fared better if you had kept a cool head. Now go and see the infirmary about your nose."

Ryan got up again and stormed out of the cargo bay, clutching his broken nose. Streek looked around, the other recruits seemed to be looking at her with more respect now, she liked it.

Sergeant Takoshi regarded her coolly, then turned back to his students. "Now where was I before all that?"

A black haired male student spoke up, "I think you were telling us why this stuff is important Sergeant."

"Right. You all know about Xenoform Technology. It's a game changer. It's likely you will one day come up against an enemy who is using it, and you may not truly know what they are capable of. Maybe they will be capable of rendering your weapons useless."

"I've seen that first hand," added Streek. "I had to fight my way out of a Federation Cruiser where every single electronic system was disabled."

"That was you?" said Sergeant Takoshi looking at her. "Everyone in the Resistance is talking about it." Streek nodded and the Sergeant turned back to his students.

"So, when your weapons are disabled, all you have to rely on are your fighting skills. You need to train to be a better fighter than your enemy, because one day, your life might depend on it."

"...We're going to start with the basic punches, kicks and blocks, nothing too advanced. Can you manage that Miss McKenzie?"

"Sure."

Sergeant Takoshi continued to lecture them for a little while. They split off into two groups to practice the CQC techniques. The Sergeant had given Streek the four girls to train. Streek made a point of remembering their names; Jennifer, Kira, Levana and Toni.

"You were awesome!" said Kira, a young and pretty, tanned brunette. "That Ryan is a jerk, I'm glad you put him in his place."

"Yeah, how did you keep dodging him like that?" said Jennifer, a taller blonde.

"You just gotta watch your opponent carefully," said Streek. "He was broadcasting his moves and being way too predictable. Now come on, let's get into a basic fighting stance, raise your forearms so that they're protecting your head..."

After they had practiced for a while, Ryan came back into the cargo bay. He had a white plaster in the middle of his face. Streek saw the Sergeant talking to him.

Soon Ryan came over to where Streek and the girls were. "Sensei," he said to her, looking at the floor. "I apologise for being disrespectful earlier."

"...Okay," said Streek. "I'm sorry for breaking your nose. Do you want to join the lesson Ryan?"

"Yes, ...thank you."

Ryan joined them, and followed Streeks' instructions without saying much else. Eventually the lesson was over and Sergeant Takoshi dismissed the students.

"Tomorrow we will be in the holo-shed. I want to test the abilities of each of you, be prepared for a few bumps and bruises."

The recruits left the cargo bay and Sergeant Takoshi turned to Streek. "Well Miss McKenzie, you seemed to do okay for your first time instructing, you know what you're talking about at any rate."

"Thank you Sergeant."

"And the students were impressed with your little display at the start."

"But not you?"

"You seemed intent on showing off and wasting time, I want to know if you're able to kill your enemies quickly and without hesitation."

"I can. I've killed Federation men."

Sergeant Takoshi smiled, "That's right, the Federation Cruiser. Then you're Okay by me. Where are you from?"

"Darion."

"Oh, a Darion girl, you know most of the Resistance members come from outer-rim planets. I'm from Shoulken."

"I'm a citizen of the Galaxy. I've travelled a lot, never been to Shoulken though."

"No real reason why you should, it's just an insignificant, lightly populated world, out on the Cygnus arm."

"You're another Veteran of the Civil War right?"

"Yeah, that's right. I've been serving under General Bolton for some time. Knocked back plenty of offers of promotion to officer, I'm a working man. After we lost the war, I helped pick up the pieces and form this ragtag group."

"...What's your discipline?, It was hard to tell from your fight earlier, I would guess Jeet-Kune-Do, but there was also a bit of Judo and Boxing."

"Yeah those."

"You're trained in all three styles?"

"Actually, I'm a master of sixty-four different fighting styles."

Sergeant Takoshi looked at her in disbelief, "You're kidding!"

"Sergeant, there's something you should know about me; I'm a clone."

"A clone? ...like Doctor Arnott?"

"Yeah, like him. I really have only been doing Kung-Fu for four days. My Prowess doesn't come from years of hard work and dedication. I just had it all downloaded into my brain. I feel like a bit of a fraud."

"I see, that's really quite amazing. How many of you are there?"

"How many of me?"

"How many clones, in the Resistance?"

"Oh, there's me, and the Doc, and my friend Bernie, she just started out in the Engineering Section."

"Well I'm glad to have you here assisting me Miss McKenzie, but next time don't be late."

******

That night, Bernie and Streek had dinner with Dr. Arnott aboard the Avatari. The Doctor had been quite busy, and they hadn't seen much of him.

"Do you like the meal girls?" Dr. Arnott asked.

"iss good." said Bernie with a mouthful of the Risotto.

"Yeah, I like it." said Streek.

"Yes, Makita is also a good cook, of course. I couldn't even cook a piece of toast right."

"I'm the same," said Streek. "But Bernie's pretty good at cooking."

Bernie swallowed her mouthful of food, "Yeah, well, when you're travelling between the stars you've got a lot of time to kill. I got sick of all the bland premades. I like spicy meals, ...this stuff is good too."

"You gotta love that android," said Streek. "One day she's making you a pair of pants, the next she's in Commando mode, saving your ass, and then the next day she's making you a nice meal."

"Indeed, I don't know where I'd be without Makita. Oddly enough, she made a joke about my height today."

"She's just trying out her sense of humour Doc, let her run with it." said Bernie.

"Could she join us?" asked Streek.

"She doesn't need to eat." said Dr. Arnott.

"I know, but she could come and talk with us."

"hmm, you can invite her to join us if you want."

"Hey Mak!" Streek called out.

Makita came into the room. "How can I be of assistance Streek?"

"Would you like to join us?"

"For what purpose?"

"Uh, ...social interaction."

"I see. Yes I will join you." Makita sat down at the table with perfect posture. Her head turned, and she looked at Streek with her white, emotionless face.

Streek noticed that her grey eyes blinked now and then. The blinking probably had no purpose other than to imitate human faces. "So, how was your day?" asked Streek.

"Is there anything in particular about my activities within the previous twenty four hour cycle that you wish to know about?"

"Uh, ...no. Just generally."

"Generally, my day has been productive. I have accomplished many tasks."

"Hey, that's great. I'm happy for you."

"How was your day?" asked Makita.

"Not bad, I made some new friends. Always better than making new enemies. Do you consider me to be your friend Mak?"

"Doctor Arnott has instructed me to aid you where I can."

"Yeah, but would you care if I just dropped dead?"

"Your death would be unfortunate."

"Great! We're friends then, the robot and the clone."

Dr. Arnott seem interested and amused by the conversation, "How did the Unarmed Combat training go this morning Lisa?"

"Pretty good. I'm a natural teacher. You should have seen me teaching some knuckle-head a lesson." Bernie chuckled.

"And how about you Bernadette?"

"They're a good bunch of grease-jockeys down there in the Engineering Section. I got along with them just fine, and some of the upgrades and ships they had me working on were really cool. It would suit me to a T, except..."

"except what?" asked Dr. Arnott.

"Except I can't shake the feeling that I shouldn't be there, I should be out looking for the damn Pod."

"Yeah me too." said Streek.

"We have had that discussion. You've made your position very clear on this, and so have the General and I."

"You're making the wrong call. Things are on a knife edge right now, you should be using good resources like me and Streek."

"We are. The General has made his decision, let's not talk of it any more."

There was a moment of silence as they ate their dinner. Finally Streek broke the silence. "Have you heard anything from Mia and Zac?"

"You missing her?" said Bernie.

"I'm worried about them."

"They're fine, they reported in this morning." said Dr. Arnott. "They're heading back with another Pirate prisoner."

"Oh?, who have they got this time?"

"Someone high up in the Piranha Faction, hopefully he can provide some valuable intel."

"Are you still holding Naeme?" asked Streek.

"Yes, he's still a prisoner. You have some history with him, don't you?"

"You've viewed my memories, you should know."

"Yes, though I haven't viewed every small detail of your life. I know that memory has had a profound impact on you. Have you given any thought to what I proposed earlier."

"Yeah, I've thought about it a lot. ...It's Thursday night, one week and one day ago this morning, I was created. I was created with twenty years worth of memories in my head, and had a load of other experience loaded in there as well. The experiences I had during the week are mine, even if some of it was really fucked up. I don't want to go wiping out parts of me, even if they are painful memories, I'll just learn to deal with it. So thanks for trying to help Doc, but I'll pass."

"Okay, that is your decision Lisa. Do you feel the same way Bernadette?"

Bernie looked down at her plate and stirred the Risotto around with her fork. "Yeah, I guess. What she said is the same for me too. We're in this together." Streek looked over at her and smiled.

"I have arranged some nice accommodation for you in the womens' quarters on the Kotor II, I'm sure you will like it." said Dr. Arnott.

Bernie and Streek looked at him, surprised. "New quarters?" said Streek.

"Yes, you can't stay aboard the Avatari, we are departing tomorrow morning. Our top stealth craft is needed for Recognisance in Pirate territory, with the objective of discovering the location of the Xenoform Cloning Pod."

"Take us with you Doc." pleaded Bernie.

"Bernadette, how many times must I say it, that's not going to happen."

"You said you wanted to help us," said Streek. "Getting out there again will help us, not wiping our memories."

"I'm sorry girls. Not this time."

"If you don't want me aboard the Avatari, that's fine," said Bernie. "But tell General Bolton that I can find Ben Anders and the Clubber Lang. I think like him, I've got the same mind. If the Pirates find him first and recover that book, they can start using the Cloning Pod. All I need is to borrow a small craft, there's a few that are suitable in the engineering section."

"You are persistent aren't you?" said Dr. Arnott, "...I will tell General Bolton what you said, but it's up to him."

"You and Mak aren't going out there alone are you?" asked Streek.

"Why not, we were operating alone when we met you."

"Mia told me I had to watch out for you."

"That's not your responsibility Lisa. I'll be fine."

"I will watch over the Doctor, as always," said Makita. "I will do everything I can to ensure no harm comes to him."

"Good luck to both of you then." said Streek miserably.

Later that night, Streek slept in her quarters in the Avatari for what would probably be the last time in a while. Bernie slept beside her in her bed again.

Streek thought that it was going to be pretty awkward when they were both guys again, after they had cuddled and slept together and had sex back on New Heidi.

She worried that they wouldn't be able to recover the Cloning Pod, then they would be stuck in these female bodies for the rest of their lives. She would learn to live with it, but she really wanted her old body back more than anything.

She found herself thinking about Captain Clevens. She didn't know how many people she had killed on the Resolve and at the Impound Facility in Rodfern. Clevens' face was the one she saw.

It was a powerful thing to hate someone so much you want to kill them, and then to do it. Even though he was dead she was still filled with hatred and anger toward him. She felt that it had changed her, she was a killer now.

These thoughts kept Streek awake well into the night. She could hear Bernies' soft breathing next to her and feel the warmth of her body. Part of her wanted to blame her for everything that happened, another part was just glad that she was here with her. Eventually she managed to drift off to sleep.

The next morning, Bernie and Streek said their goodbyes to Dr. Arnott and Makita. "Take care out there Doc." said Streek, bending down and giving him a hug.

"I will, you two take care of yourselves as well."

"Stay out of trouble Mak." said Bernie.

"Not possible, considering the company I keep." said the android.

"Did you talk to the General about my proposal Doc?"

"Yes, I'm sorry Bernie, he's not giving you clearance to leave the base yet."

"Drakk it!" said Bernie in frustration.

They stood there and watched the Avatari lift off and fly out through the atmospheric shields and disappear into the bright light. Both girls' hearts sunk as it left without them.

They were standing in the huge docking bay with all their possessions, which wasn't much. They each had a bag with a couple of changes of clothes, their TABs and their Champion Ruby laser hand-guns, souvenirs from the Resolve.

"Do you still want to steal a ship and get out there again Streek?" said Bernie.

"What? I never said I wanted to do that. Don't do anything stupid Bernie. These people took us in when we had nowhere else to go, and I want to be part of their fight against the Federation."

"Yeah, but we should be out there, why can't they see that?"

"Just sit tight okay. The General will come around."

"I hope so, but the longer we wait, the harder it will be."

"Oh Shit!, I gotta be at the holo-shed. Sergeant Takoshi will be shitty with me if I'm late again. I'll see ya later Bern."

"Yeah, See ya. I suppose I better front up to work as well, I was due there an hour ago."

Streek ran to the gym, quickly got changed into her black gi and then arrived in the holo-shed just as the recruits were arriving.

Sergeant Takoshi had them fighting a blue ninja holobot, of steadily increasing difficulty, to see where they were at.

Streeks' girls did fairly well, particularly Kira and Levana. Ryan was told he couldn't fight with his broken nose, and he wasn't very happy about it, but he continued to be respectful toward Streek.

After the students were dismissed, Sergeant Takoshi wanted to test Streek out with his most difficult holo-sim exercise. Luckily he ran his exercise with the safeties enabled. It took a few attempts, but Streek beat it, and the Sergeant seemed impressed.

******

Later that day, Streek had showered and changed and was heading to her new accommodation. Bernie approached her as she was waiting for the turbo lift.

"Hey girlfriend, how was your day?" said Bernie.

"I got shot in the head."

"One of those days, eh?"

"What do you have there?" asked Streek, looking at a small white case Bernie was carrying.

"It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises."

"Well, there's good surprises, and there's bad surprises."

"So which one is that?"

"It's a surprise."

"I hate you."

They took the turbo lift down to the 'Kotor II', a Star Ship that had been fitted out as the womens' quarters. When they arrived onboard Streek saw Kira standing in the hallway, she was pressing something against her face. She saw Streek and came over to them.

"Hi Miss McKenzie, do you live here too?"

"We're just moving in, this is my friend Bernie. Bernie this is one of my students, Kira."

"Hi, nice to meet you." said Kira.

"Your pretty," said Bernie. "Do you like girls?"

"Huh?"

"Bernie!" scolded Streek. "She's just fucking with you Kira."

"Oh, ...I'm not as pretty as I was." She moved her hands away from her face showing them a big bruise on her cheek. She showed them a dark rock in her hand. "Cold-rock, supposed to help the swelling go down."

"I prefer to use nanobots." said Bernie.

"How do you think I went today Miss McKenzie? I kept my guard up like you showed us."

"You did quite well Kira. Sergeant Takoshi thinks so too, he told me."

Kira smiled at her, it was a beautiful smile. "Just moving in eh? can I show you two around? I'd love to."

"Yeah, that'll be good, thanks Kira."

Kira showed them around the Kotor II, there was a large communal bathroom, a mess with several tables and chairs set up and kitchen facilities, a recreation room with a pool table and large holo-vid table, a bio-dome where there were many different plants growing and even a dome for smoking.

Streek was assigned room twenty two and Bernie was opposite her in room twenty three. The quarters were nice enough, fairly roomy with a large bed and storage space and a small ensuite with a toilet, sink and shower.

The girls had a premade for dinner in the mess, then they both settled into their quarters. Streek was reading up on the Pirate Alliance on her TAB.

It was the great charismatic leader, Nexius Cley, who brought the Pirate factions together. Apparently it was a tremendous feat to form the Alliance, since the Pirate factions had been waring with each other for centuries.

The Alliance had supposedly been destroyed when the Federation retaliated for the raid on the Denascus facility, and Nexius Cley was killed. Now she had been told that the Pirate Alliance had reformed, under the leadership of this Skylar person. She couldn't find any information on him at all. They have my Cloning Pod!

The Steel Sharks were the largest and most powerful Pirate faction. There were also the Krakens, Piranhas, Stingrays, Killer Crocs, Tiger Sharks, Stonefish and Ill-Tempered Sea Bass. There were also scores of smaller sub-factions.

Streek was interrupted from her reading by a chiming at the door. She got up and opened it, and Bernie was standing there. Her light blonde hair was hanging loosely down her back, and she had a goofy smile on her face as she looked Streek over with her glassy blue eyes. She was holding a half empty bottle of Bourbon and the white case from earlier.

Axelotl
Axelotl
425 Followers