Bernadette

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, yeah. Everything is waiting for us in storage, and I can ..."

I stopped listening. Shifted my butt up and tugged down on the skirt till I got at least to mid-thigh, and sat wondering whether Charlie was going to get to take "this pretty girl" (blush!) for a ride after all. It was nicer than listening to Bill toady like this about Charlie's room and luggage. What had happened to him? I looked down at my hand and, to my horror, found that I was stroking the gear shift up and down lightly as the two men talked. My hand jumped off of it like it had shocked me. I guess it had.

When I tuned back in I could hear Charlie saying "Yeah, right honey? The room is all made up already, it's like zero problem and then you and I can have the ride home tonight and the ride in tomorrow to go over some of the stuff in the Watson deal. Right honey?"

Somehow I had missed the invitation but was now being asked to confirm it. "Of course, we'd be delighted." And gave Charlie my best-little-executive-or-almost-executive-wifey smile to clinch it.

Charlie asked me one time with a direct look: "You sure it's no inconvenience?" I shook my head 'No' and was about to speak it but before I could he looked at me and said "Done. Done and thank you. I'm sure it will be my pleasure." Then he looked back at Charlie "Have them bring my bags out curbside and I'll swing around for them. I don't want to do it later and besides it's time we go in and mingle a bit before the dinner begins. Sorry, Bernadette but I think the ride is going to be postponed. But you have my IOU on that."

He jumped out of the car and came around for me. Bill had already high-tailed it out to the lobby on his errand. I tried my best to be lady-like as my legs swung out of the low driver side door and maybe even pulled it off. "Go join your hubby now. I'll look for you later. I always pay my debts and paying off this one will be a pleasure." He smiled nicely and I kind of melted right then. The damned tingling inside of me wouldn't go away. But I did as I was told and backed away; probably looking kind of dazed myself. He moved the seat back for his long legs, jumped in and roared away down the drive.

III.

Bill and I didn't talk to Charlie for at least a couple of hours after that. I could see Charlie and Ray dining in the middle of the room with two middle aged couples, presumably senior male execs and their wives. Our table was out by the side of the room and we shared it with 3 couples even Bill didn't know -- one couple slightly younger than us and 2 more middle aged couples. Pretty soon Bill started in trying to impress the one guy next to him and it even seemed to be working a bit. I was bored. It was pretty uneventful, until the young woman, Zoe, a hot little dark haired girl who might have been Caribbean, asked me to go to the ladies room with her. We'd barely spoken but apparently Zoe didn't need much of an introduction to get down to it.

One the way to the ladies she said "Well it's not going to be me, thank God."

"You what? Not going to be you for what?"

"To fuck Ray."

"What? What is that all about?"

"You don't know? Bill didn't bother to tell you? Maybe it's just as well since it's not you either."

"Not me what -- you mean fuck Ray? Why on earth should I do that?"

She glanced pityingly at me as we now stood before the sink combing our hair. We had the room to ourselves but she glanced around and even under the stall doors before responding. "Shhhhh we can't let the whole world know. And you really don't know, do you?" I gave my clueless girl shrug and she went on. "Every year at this event Ray picks out a wife or girlfriend to fuck. It's been that way for years according to Tom. And every year the exec who brought her more or less hand-delivers her into his care. Pimps her out, the pig. And every year that guy gets an even better bonus than everyone else. And every year no one says anything, especially the couple that is involved. Cause everyone here cares more about the money than whether his girl gets fucked by an octogenarian."

"Oh-My-God! That is horrible! I can't believe Bill would even bring me here."

"Don't sweat it. Tom got the word. This year it's Walter and Janet Hodgeson. Haven't you seen them visiting Ray's dinner table? It looked like she might sit on his lap during dessert." I knew the name Hodgeson from Bill but didn't have any idea who they were. "I've got to admit it though. Tom and I talked about it. What if...? You know?" And she gave a full throated laugh before she went on. "And we're in love. Probably going to get married one of these days. And I'm not exactly turned on by the elderly. Still in its own way it's an honor. And the money is like -- whoa!"

By this time we were back at our table. Dinner was over and dancing was about to begin. No speeches thank God. Zoe and I say side by side and I got her to point out the Hodgesons. It was a disappointment. He was a big blowsy kind of red-faced guy who looked mid-40's. She looked 10 to 15 years younger -- but still older than me and a lot older than Zoe --kind of a big boned, but still tall and trim looking fake blonde. Made me wonder. Why her? Why not Zoe? Why not any one of a dozen more attractive women -- excluding me of course! -- at the event? I was actually starting to feel bad for the cuter young women who had been passed over. I think Zoe read my mind. "Goes for them pretty big. She can take the pounding better than girls like us. The girls in the office tell Tom that the old guy fucks like a jackhammer. I think that's it. And she does have a nice body."

I tried asking Zoe why, how it was possible, that everyone went along with this? But Tom was leading her to the dance floor, and Bill was in a deep nerd discussion with the middle aged guy whose name I never registered. I looked over to find Ray. He was on the dance floor with Janet Hodgeson of course, and I have to say that he looked pretty good out there for a guy his age. And Zoe was right. She did have a nice body. I could see her husband Walter standing on the side line of the floor with a drink in hand looking dazed and proud. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Is this dance taken?" It was Charlie. I knew it would be. And it all flashed on me. He was next in command. Next CEO according to Bill. Did the rights of primogeniture apply to him as well? Were the wives supposed to kneel down and suck him off so their husbands could buy a nicer car in the coming year? In that instant I was trying to work up some moral outrage. But Zoe hadn't said anything about Charlie. It would be kind of unfair to brand him for Ray's sins. So I put on my best smile and turned.

Bill got there first. He had jumped up from the table and come around to shake Charlie's hand. Why he had to do that I had no idea, just a guy thing, just another supplication to his boss I guess. Now he looked down at me. "No it is definitely not taken. Not much of a dancer myself, and anyway Fred Armanson and I are pretty deep in the weeds of the new Orca project. Great chance to pick his brain! That guy has done it all for us.....Bernie, go have fun! Enjoy it." He shook Charlie's hand again and whipped around back to his seat next to the Orca dude.

"I guess we have your husband's permission." Charlie said with a laugh. It rubbed me the wrong way after what Zoe had told me about Ray, but I put on my best face of girlish delight as Charlie lead me by the hand to the floor. They were in a fast number and I could see immediately that it would be a challenge to keep up with Charlie. I loved to dance but hardly ever got the chance with the old fuddy-duddy Bill. But Charlie was a different deal altogether. He was so fast and so creative and so damned sexy out there I blushed to think how bad I might look as his partner. I've been a good dancer since I was a kid, but Charlie was a great dancer and everyone in the room wanted to watch him, or at least it felt that way.

The fast dance transitioned too soon into a slow one and I thought we'd be leaving the floor. But Charlie grabbed my hand and swung me back into his arms. I was breathing hard from the exertion but he just enveloped me again into his chest -- this time all of me and not just my hand. He danced even the slow ones briskly and gracefully and I soon realized I had to work hard to keep up with him. Then the slow dance turned into a waltz and by now I was unsurprised at how good he was at that too. Oh! If only men knew what it does to a girl to be held and lead like that. To be shown off on the arms of someone so strong and graceful, who can lead with the slightest hand pressure.

We'd done 3 in a row and I had to beg off more. Charlie was a complete gentleman for all of them -- and by now I'd forgotten all about the crazy idea of blaming him for Ray's behavior. I was too excited for that. He delivered me back to Bill's table -- the nerd patrol was still in full gear -- kissed my hand and ran off to the dance floor with Zoe. That little slut! I immediately regretted refusing the 4th dance with Charlie, but still felt like he was my escort or date or something and wanted Zoe's slutty mind far away from him. Maybe she'd be "honored" to blow the 2nd in command if she didn't get selected by the big boss? Well I guess I had only myself to blame.

But it wasn't long before Charlie delivered her back to Tom even more out of breath than I had been. His hand reached out for mine and we were back out there. By this time the crowd was winding down. As he escorted me to the floor I could see Ray walking out the door with the Hodgesons, Janet 2 steps behind the boss and Walter another step behind her. But I knew I'd better keep my mouth shut about that. Charlie took me in his arms and wrapped me tighter than before. It was a slow dance and this time it seemed like he was more intent on me than on the dance itself. I looked up and he brushed a strand of hair from my face. "How are you feeling?"

"Fantastic.....now."

"Why now?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe it was Zoe."

"What about her?"

"Oh, nothing really. I'm sure she's a nice girl..... It's just I was hoping for another dance before we all left, and now I have it."

Charlie laughed and pulled me tighter. "Well I'm glad you're fantastic. I was wanting this dance too you know." His hand had slipped from the small of my back down just touching the top of my ass. I thought it was so sweet that he wanted to touch me like that. He pulled me even closer and that hand casually circled the globe of my butt as he did it. Then the dance was ending -- far too soon for me! I looked up and Charlie kissed me on the mouth while he took a good feel of my ass. It seemed so harmless and fun and nice and sweet and I loved it. But Charlie was saying his good night to me, telling me how much fun he'd had dancing with me and how he hoped to see more of me -- here he paused and stared down at me with a serious look in his eye -- in the future. I caught the sight of Bill behind him, watching and smiling sort of nervously.

We left the dance floor and Bill offered to freshen Charlie's drink. Bill actually winked at me when he asked. Were we in some sort of conspiracy to land Charlie together? I didn't want to think that or think about that.

Charlie refused the drink graciously and said to Bill "Time to get the little woman home I think. We're breaking up here." Little woman? My head must have snapped back on that one. How could he refer to me as Bill's "little woman" after that kiss and the way he had grabbed my ass? Got my Irish up a bit and made me want to show him what this "little woman" was made of.

But of course Bill complied and began to round the table saying his good nights. I gritted my teeth and did the same and it was only when Charlie began doing the same that I could smile to myself and say "Oh! Right! He's coming with us. Coming to my home." Believe it or not I had hardly thought about that since the time of the invitation, maybe because the invitation robbed me of my ride in the Porsche.

The 3 of us headed to the door and I became hotly aware of the fact that we were about to face a choice: did I drive back with Bill or did I now get that ride that had been promised by Charlie? It was awkward. I didn't want to be the one to bring it up, but the 2 guys were now making small talk about work. When we got out front the boy immediately pulled up in our Acura, parked in front of us and ran around to the passenger side to assist me in. I was stuck and, with reluctance, headed to our car. Then I heard a voice shouting from behind us:

"Bill! We've gotta talk. Bill! Can you give me 15 minutes?"

We all 3 turned around to see another young exec, this one somewhere around Bill's age I would guess, rushing through the crowd to us.

"Ralph! What's up? What are you yelling about?"

"Charlie. I'm so glad I caught you. Listen. Don't go yet. I need 15 or 20 minutes on language for the off-shore leasing terms for tomorrow. I thought they were set but Ray is pissed and kind of has my nuts in a vice on this thing....Excuse me, Mrs. Waters, I apologize for the language....But Bill I really need it. Ray told me I had to get with you tonight and have the language right by breakfast tomorrow."

I backed away from the car. Bill looked kind of pissed off but was stuck. He couldn't say "No" to a request that came from Ray but he would be dying to get out of there now that both Ray and Charlie were gone. I, the "little woman," stepped in:

"Go ahead Bill. I'll be fine hitching a ride with Charlie. Doesn't seem like you'll be that long anyhow."

Bill looked to Charlie for approval or relief. Neither came. Charlie looked on the scene with bemused detachment.

"Is that ok Charlie? Can I get that ride now?"

"Of course Bernadette. If Bill really decides he ought to stay, no sense stranding you here while he has a boring business discussion. What do you say Bill?"

"Yeah. I think I should. You got her Charlie? OK. Good. C'mon Ralph; let's find a seat inside somewhere and we can hash this out pretty quick."

The Porsche pulled up and snaked around the empty Acura. I saw Charlie nod to the boy who again ran to open the passenger door. As I got in I could see Bill retreating back inside with his head turned to watch us. Then Charlie got in and we left.

IV.

We were 40 minutes into the ride, more than half way home, and all we'd done was more small talk about the party (good!), Bill (great guy!), Zoe (cute!) and the Hodgesons (two of the nicest people you'll ever meet!) I was luxuriating in the deep seat of the Porsche while Charlie tried setting a new time record for getting home. Finally he said something real:

"I'm glad I was able to get you the ride tonight after all."

"I was thinking of asking for it even before Bill got delayed."

"Think he would have gone for it?"

"I don't know. He's touchy sometimes about things like that. And I must say that....well..."

"What?"

"Well after that last dance. He was watching."

Charlie smiled. "I know. I hope I wasn't too forward there."

But did he mean too forward for me (answer: No) or too forward with Bill's "little woman" (answer: Confusing, and not sure.) I would have loved to ask him but he ignored me and began speaking towards his dashboard. "Call Waters.". I heard a single beep and then I heard Bill's voice over the speakers.

"Bill here. That you Charlie?"

"Yep. Just calling to check. You out?"

"Yeah, well just left 10 minutes ago. It took forever and then they had trouble finding where my car was because the ticket and location no longer matched and ....Hey is Bernie there?"

"No Bill. I dropped her off on the interstate a couple of miles back."

"What? Charlie I think you're breaking up. It sounded like..." I decided to let him off this particular hook.

"I'm here Bill. Safe and sound."

"Oh good. I mean I knew you were but ...."

Charlie broke it: "How'd the talk go?"

"Fine. It was nothing. A few commas and 2 new words and Ralph was satisfied. I don't know why I had to do it for him tonight. But if Ray wants it then, yeah it's fine." He sounded sheepish at the end like he might think Charlie would believe he was criticizing Ray and he wanted it to be clear that he was not.

"So it's set. You can update me when you get back. But ..... Oh, wait. I did want to hear what off-shore leasing number we're at. 2.75 or 3?"

"The number? Well we didn't.... you know, try to settle a number. I thought we were talking 3 anyhow, but maybe we can do better when we run the numbers. And Ralph said...."

"Oh good God almighty. You had this special meeting late at night and never discussed the one thing that matters? That's what Ray wanted done. That Ralph, I swear. And Bill?"

"Yessir!"

"Bill we need that number and its defense. Let me be clear. I need it Bill."

"OK Charlie. I can...."

"Bill you can get right back there and get Ralph back downstairs, and get Phil too if you need him. Get the number and the math done tonight. That's what should have taken 15 minutes, not the 2 commas."

"I got it Charlie, will call Ralph now and let him know I'm circling back. Gonna take me some time now but..."

We never heard the 'but'. Charlie had cut off the call and the smooth jazz station resumed without a pause. Charlie picked up exactly where he'd left off with me. "I think Bill might be a little delayed. I hope I wasn't too forward there." He reached into my lap and took my hand in his.

"No Charlie. That was just about perfect." I squeezed his hand. And that's when it hit me. Charlie and I were going to fuck in a short while.

V.

I came into the room with an idea in my head. It was time for the "little woman" to show him what she was made of. So in my mind it went like this: Charlie strips me, has fun with my breasts and pussy for a while with his hands and fingers, then I kneel in front of him, unbuckle, unzip, tug off his linen pants and whatever kind of delicious underpants a man like him wears, kiss and tease it for just a minute or 2 and then give him the best blowjob of his life. After that we'd kiss and snuggle for a bit and then I'd announce "Oh look at the time! Bill must be almost home!" and we'd run around getting dressed and be all prim and proper, with fresh mouthwash for me, when Bill came in the room 5 minutes later. That's how I thought it might be.

Well, I can admit now that I was just being a pussy. Even thought I'd already accepted the fact that he was going to fuck me, had seen him buy us time with that new errand for Bill, had done the checklist and had prepared myself in the ladies room, some part of my girlie brain was still trying to convince me that I could get out of this with a blowjob. I was a pussy, yeah, but a girl -- if she's not a total slut anyhow -- has to feel like she's doing something to protect her pussy. And blowjobs had been my weapons of choice since high school. Course that didn't mean they'd work with a guy like Charlie.

In college I'd been known as the girl who gave the best head on campus. I know that makes me sound like a total whore, but I really wasn't. It was just a total of 5 guys in college and 3 earlier in high school, starting after my sophomore year when my cousin Beth taught me how to please a man with my mouth during one of our joint summer vacations at the camp in Maine. Just 8 total and then Bill made 9. Charlie would be a milestone at number 10 and I figured I'd make it one of my best ever. And trust me; I knew lots of girls who were way over 10 by my age. And even with that low number, 2 of the boys in high school never got into my pussy, just my mouth. So there.

Bill loved my blowjobs when we were dating but I have to admit that I was a little out of practice. These days I was lucky if he rolled over on me twice a week to fuck me. And I had to take care of my needs with either my fingers after he was snoring or with a nice little toy when he was at work. But the day was when guys knew I could suck a man off with the best of girls. I mean I had other girls coming to me for technique when I was a freshman and my senior roommate gave my advice credit for saving her relationship with a Kappa-Phi boy heading for Wall St. So I had the credentials to show Charlie what this "little woman" could do.