Best Friends Forever

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mjm202036
mjm202036
483 Followers

She shed some tears at the lost opportunity. John closed the bathroom door behind him, turned on the sink to make some noise, sat on the closed toilet and wept into his hands.

After brushing his teeth, John started his shower. While standing under the water, rinsing the shampoo out of his hair, he heard the bathroom door open. His heart leapt, the thought that Lisa was in the bathroom with him, so close to his naked body, and she just may join him. Then he was brought back to the real world as she turned on the sink's faucet.

The sudden rush of cold water made John jump back and make a mad dash to reset the knobs so he didn't freeze in the shower.

"Sorry," Lisa said, her mouth sounding like she was trying to talk around her toothbrush. John didn't hear her whisper, "that I didn't speak up."

"It's okay," he mumbled, shaking his head. "I was off in my own little world just then, anyway."

"Well, don't use up all the hot water. I want a shower too. I'm turning off the faucet now."

John stepped out of the shower's flow and felt it change. She had never warned him before. It was one of their little games they used to play.

"I'll be out soon," he called to her, just as the bathroom door closed.

John leaned back on the shower wall, feeling his tears coming without anything to stop them. Lisa was just outside the bathroom door, leaning her back against it, her own tears bursting over their own dam. The two best friends wept alone, separated by nothing more than a door and a shower curtain. Neither one heard the other whisper through their tears:

"It was your name I called out the other night instead of theirs."

mjm202036
mjm202036
483 Followers
12