Beta Bait Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Excuse me, but am I 12 or 24?" Yellena groused coolly.

"It doesn't matter how old you are. You're weak as you are and not strong enough to fight for your own survival in this world!" Anya interjected, annoyed. "If she stays, it would be best if she made herself useful in the kitchens. Out of sight and out of mind. The omegas will look after her, and the guard won't be short-changed."

"No this bitch didn't just try to send me to the kitchen," Yellena rounded on her stepmother understanding the implication behind the words.

"Well in my day..." Anya smirked not finishing.

"Enough, ladies." Henri rolled his eyes looking exasperated.

Samuel cleared his throat. "I'll be sufficient to watch over Yellena."

Everyone looked at him like he had the face of a clown.

"Are you volunteering the freedom of your Super Moon celebration? All that dancing, fucking and hunting?" Anya looked at him incredulously. "If anyone needs the release, it is you, Samuel.

"Language!" Henri groused light heartedly.

"But I thought the duty was already designated to me?" Samuel looked at the alpha pair confused and then looked to James for support. The look was not lost on the table, and they all erupted in laughter including Yellena.

"It seems James pulled a fast one on you, Sammie." Yellena chuckled as she played with one of her locks. "On default it would have fallen to James, Donnie here and two of his comrades."

"I am most gracious for your generosity, Sam!" James grinned at him. Samuel gave him a withering look. He should have expected this from James. Honestly from the way James acted, you would never believe he was older than Samuel.

"Then it is settled. Samuel will accompany you." Henri smiled. "Now to discuss other matters."

That signaled the beginning of the rest of the meeting which became much more serious. After going down the list of who would be coming and where they would be staying, there was more talk of security. Every once in a while Yellena would zone out and her eyes would glaze over in concentration. Samuel was curious about that. He had seen her do it as a child as well but never intentionally.

The meeting lasted about an hour and a half. Because it wasn't considered the greatest of pack importance or strategy, Yellena was allowed to stay. Yellena looked as if she was about to burst with impatience coming toward the end as she got quieter. It was kind of like a silent fury. As soon as the meeting was done, she was on her feet and almost silently padding out the door with Donovan on her heels. It was as if the wolf knew its mistress well enough to move on cue. Yellena's movements were always so fluid, quick and silent, Samuel noted.

"There she goes again." Henri stood next to Samuel with his hands in his pockets. The Beta stood up and stretched. "I never quite get used to seeing her move in action."

"Going where?"

"Following a trace." Henri began to walk and it was clear that Samuel was to follow.

"A trace?"

"Mm..." Henri nodded his head and led them nonchalantly out the back way to the gardens. For an alpha he was surprisingly gentle with plants and had a green thumb. "It is a particular trail, like yarn, she says. You see, ever since she was young, my daughter had a knack for finding things. Then it became people. And that turned into specific people."

"Huh uh?" Samuel walked behind his alpha wondering where this was going. He always knew there was something strange about Yellena, but any wolf could pick up a scent and find someone. Ever polite, he remained silent as not to sound like a skeptic.

"She explained it to me like the red string of fate. Ever heard of that?" Henri paused by the pond, stooped and watched the koi swim around.

"No, sir." Samuel pondered, "But I'm guessing it has something to do with fate tying each and every one of us together?"

"Yeah, except the red string ties certain people together. Like someone you are meant to help in life, or become really good friends with, or lovers. So Yellena sees these relationships like strings from yarn. Depending on its conditions and distance, it would either be too strong to break or extremely weak."

"Is that what she was concentrating so hard on all this time? An invisible string?" Samuel smiled.

"I honestly reacted the same way myself when she came to me. From the moment Yellena could talk, she'd been trying to tell me about these strings." Henri groped around some pots before finally finding the fish food.

"Imagine what she could do to a whole pack. Or to mates." Samuel stared down at the pond, thinking.

"Exactly. Donovan's mate was taken in an attack, and when we tried to track her, we couldn't. Yellena kept saying she wouldn't be able to do it. At that time she was still working out what she could and couldn't do. Donovan got more distressed, angry and aggressive as more time passed. In an effort to keep him with her, Yellena snapped the cord between them and tethered Donovan to her. It worked for a while, but every time Yellena left him alone with us he became irritated and violent. As you can see he doesn't quite like others getting too touchy with Yellena either."

"You're planning on getting rid of Donovan before the Super Moon Ball without telling Yellena. He's no longer functioning in a pack. And you want me to take his place." Samuel was careful to hide his apprehension.

"At least temporarily." Henri began to walk away. "Oh and amazing display of affection at the table today, Sam. It is nice to know you've taken to her. If you ever lick my daughter like that in front of me or the others again, I'll rip your tongue out from the root."

With that Henri walked away whistling.

-_-_-_-_-_-

For the rest of the day Samuel wondered if not telling Yellena about Donovan's fate was really the right course of action. Apparently none of the other wolves thought to mention it either, so there was probably an unspoken rule against it. Or it could be that no one wanted to be in that line of fire.

While tending to the security details of updating the system and running checks, he'd made up his mind to tell her. The only issue was no one had seen Yellena since lunch. She didn't show up for dinner, nor did she turn in for bed (he waited outside her suite). The security cameras caught her leaving, but they were down half the day for updates.

Yellena had not shown up or called for two days. Everyone bustled about like it was normal, and so Samuel had no choice but to go along with the flow. The tension was unmistakable, though. There were rumors going around that maybe she heard of Donovan's execution and left because she couldn't bare the sight of it. Others were afraid she may turn up right in the middle of it.

The whole business had Sam feeling restless and uneasy, even in sleep. On the second night he snored heavily after fighting to get some rest. Yellena snuck into Samuel's room easily by pushing against his wardrobe. The house her father built was old, and it had quite a few secret passageways the omegas used when they needed to be quick and silent. After spending much of her childhood without many children around, she knew exactly which path led where.

It was a rather warm spring night, so she simply wore a short black halter sundress. Her footsteps padded silently across the hardwood floors as she made her way across the bedroom. She listened for any signs in his breathing. Samuel's eyebrows were knitted together even as he slept. Apparently he had to be worried about something. Allowing her gaze to travel down from his face, her eyes lingered on his bare chest. There was a small patch of hair there, and Yellena very softly ran her fingers against it. Samuel stirred but didn't wake. She smiled at the fun she was going to have, at least until he woke. Her fingers gently traced his olive skin against the lines of his muscles and noted the places where his breathing hitched. Like most wolves, he hated the sweltering heat, so the AC was on. To her delight Samuel was nude tonight, and his cock was not flaccid, nor was it hard. She could change that.

At 24 most young people were searching for one night fucks, but not Yellena. She wanted what all wolves had when they found it. Yellena wanted her one and only. Perhaps it was how she was raised, she pondered as her fingers snaked against his dick. Some wolves would have woken up by now, but she could tell he was tired.

Daring herself to be braver, Yellena bent and barely pressed her lips to his and used the light touch of her fingers to massage the soft skin of his dick. Oooh she was getting wet just thinking about the things he could do to her. Yellena's breathing became ragged, her nipple taut and strained against the fabric. She placed butterfly kisses gently along his body and nuzzled the happy trail that led to his treasure. Yellena suppressed a moan. Samuel was hard now. There was a light sheen of pre-cum at the tip of his dick. Unable to control herself, her tongue flickered out and caught the drop. But she couldn't stop there. Yellena pressed her lips to the crown, lapped at his hole and her tongue swirled the head. Becoming carried away was dangerous. She knew this but that didn't stop her as she took the mushroom head into her mouth and began to suck gently.

Samuel's breathing became uneven, and then he gasped and groaned. Yellena froze when Samuel stirred. She waited for the shock and rejection. Nothing came. Calling this her lucky break, Yellena eased her mouth off his dick and gently blew on it.

There was a time she used to be content with merely watching him from afar. Then five years ago in his delirium he had pressed his lips to hers and pleaded with her not to leave him. Don't leave him ever. Did Samuel mistake her for someone else? Was he hallucinating? These things had plagued her mind for a long time. Yet still she watched him from afar, waiting for him to come back to her. Until now. Well, not really. But a girl can dream. She snorted.

That night at the club couldn't necessarily be counted in her favor. She was looking for him, but he had found her first. From the moment he looked at her with interest, Yellena knew that she would only get one chance to hook him. She knew the things that were said behind her back. That she was the "Helen of Troy" for wolves. One look at her and one inhale of her scent at ovulation and the wolves fought tooth and nail to get at her. She was the only human female most of them had known to have that effect. It was so bad that even the mated wolves had the hardest time keeping their hands off. She even had problems with the vampires like that.

Donovan had once told her that her biological mother was the same way. Men would fight over her, but she only wanted Henri. That was all he would say before locking her up in her suite or driving her to June's house. That was until they found a solution to mask her natural scent. So biological warfare was what she used on Samuel that night. She made sure he got a chance to capture her real scent, taste her in almost every way and feel the warmth of her body. Maybe this was what it was like for her mother. Maybe they were doomed like this. Destined to obsess over and seduce men who were deemed off limits.

Absentmindedly, Yellena stroked Samuel's cock as she thought. Was it really fair for her to do all this? Probably not. Kissing the tip, Yellena turned on her heel to leave when Samuel suddenly shot up in bed. Her first instinct was to hide at the foot of the bed. She crouched and waited as Samuel grumbled to himself. There was silence for some time, and then she heard him moving on the bed. In hopes that he would go to the bathroom, Yellena got ready to bolt. But instead she was greeted with a yell.

"Yellena?" He peered down at her. "Dios mio! What in the seven hells are you doing here?"

"Well, I just got back and wanted to see you." She smiled bashfully trying not to look guilty. He had gathered the sheets around his privates. Silently she thanked the gods that he hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

"In the middle of the night, Yellena?" Samuel eyed her suspiciously. She looked like a kid who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"Yes, but then I realized how foolish I was being. Then I startled you out of your sleep and tried to hide so you wouldn't be too mad at me, but now you caught me so..." she chuckled nervously. Gods she was rambling on. She stood to leave when he reached out and took her wrist.

"No, wait..." Samuel started, "I don't mind, not too much at least. I was having a strange dream anyway."

"Really? How strange?" She was grateful for anything to change the topic of her being in his room.

Samuel opened his mouth then shut it. How could he tell her that he had this weird dream she was sucking him off? He couldn't even tell if the dream felt all too real.

"Wait here." He scooted off the bed and went to one of his drawers for boxers. Yellena marveled at his ass as he stepped into the boxers and pulled them up. When he faced her again, she was standing by his night table pouring herself a glass of water.

"I'm sorry. I know this is a rather strange turn of events." Yellena guzzled the water and poured herself another glass.

"No one has seen you for two days, and you show up in my bedroom! I'd more than say that's strange." Sam leaned against the bedpost watching her. In the moonlight her light linen dress wasn't as solid as she thought it was. It was short, mid-thigh and tied around the neck. He could see the outline of her nipples and how stiff they were. Her locks where brought together in one large braid that hung over her shoulder.

"Get over here and lay down. You look like you haven't slept in two days." He noted her hesitation. "Intentions are pure, I assure you."

Gently, Yellena climbed onto the bed, grinning, but didn't lie down.

"Yeah? Since when?"

"Since your dad threatened to rip my tongue out!" He gave her one of those rouge-ish smiles. "So where have you been?"

"Idle threat." Yellena rolled her eyes, "Out. Have you seen Donovan?"

Samuel tensed, and the action was not lost to Yellena.

"Out where?" he folded his arms.

"Father had to lock him up, didn't he?" she continued not answering.

"Yes, to say the least." Samuel frowned, "He attacked one of the omegas yesterday. I don't think the magical string bond thingy you two have is working anymore." He sat next to where she was kneeling.

"Father told you about that, huh?" Yellena nodded with a sad look on her face. "I already knew that. I just needed time, but now I am running out of it."

"I think you've already run out." Samuel took her hands in his and stroked them gently.

"I know my dad plans on executing Donovan soon. I just thought it would have been after the ball, not before it."

"Sometimes we can't help those we love. No matter what we want." He gently lifted her chin with his finger and looked into her eyes. Samuel's finger traced the contours of her eyebrows and her cheeks, over her nose, gently brushing her lips and then along her jaw line. His hand slid down the side of her neck, and then his expression changed.

"Is that a bite mark?" Samuel hissed, brushing her hair out of the way. "Yellena have you been with vampires?"

Crap, she'd forgotten. They were having a really good moment, too. A real good one but now...

"It's not that big of a deal. Small price to pay for information." She tried to sound light hearted as he turned over her wrists to see the faded marks there as well.

"No! It is a big deal when they leave you butchered!" Once again he began licking the half healed wounds on her wrists. She gritted her teeth trying to suppress the oncoming arousal. "What information was so damn important that you had to get bitten for it?"

"Very intriguing information, really. Do you know that mates have been going missing from the wolf packs along the east coast? Especially pregnant ones." She looked up at him inquiringly. "Of course not."

"That doesn't make any sense. I think we would have heard about it." Samuel looked down at her.

"Hmm, yeah, no. See I tried to track down the usual routes --finding connections, asking alphas --but most of the other alphas don't want to talk to me much. Men seem to hate talking about their failures and shortcomings. Especially to a woman."

"Powerful men, to be exact. Men are still men, however, and need I remind you I am one."

"Not after that glorious display a few minutes ago, no. I am fully aware of just how much man you are." She shivered visibly then grinned as if playing around. It was easier for her to make a joke about it than squirm guiltily for causing such a hard on.

"Pretend for a few minutes that I didn't offend your virgin eyes." Samuel stated sarcastically, smirking. "So continue."

"Well there haven't been enough disappearances from each pack to cause too much alarm. There is usually a few months to a year 'til the next pack gets it." Yellena's fingers rubbed her chin in thought, "And the story is always the same. These individuals sweep in leaving no scent trail, attack the compound or houses of known werewolves and are gone again."

"That's stupid. Why go through the trouble when they could be killed?" Samuel got up and paced the floor. "And there isn't any way of masking a scent completely. Aside from you, but even now I can smell you."

"I'm not sure of that yet." She watched him, "But as for the scent, they must be using the same thing I use to mask my scent. I have to bathe with it and rub the cream on my skin, deodorant, etc. During ovulation period I generally soak in it." She looked down at her hands as Samuel scrutinized her. "But the whole shebang goes south once I get aroused or if I get dumped in a pool or something. The creators are working on waterproofing it right now."

"But I smell you even when you're not aroused." He returned to his spot on the bed.

"That's because you've tasted my very essence." She responded in the smallest of voices. "You licked your fingers after..." Yellena made a "come here" gesture with two fingers. "Remember? Then you licked the blood off my hand. Taste, scent and memory are linked together, scientifically speaking."

Samuel studied her for a moment, eyes traveling down to her lap, staring at the v where her legs and womanhood met. So that's what it was. Stupid of him to have to be told that his wolf was only tracking what he considered his. He would recognize her in any crowd, no matter how many bodies rubbed against her. He could pick her scent out from anywhere, all because he knew the basic elements that made her Yellena. His eyes traveled back up to her face and then lingered on the bite mark on her neck.

"What else?" he asked darkly.

"Well, sometimes those kidnapped end up on vampire tables." Yellena swallowed visibly.

"Like you did?" Samuel frowned, "Come here. Let me heal the one on your neck." He tried to sound as clinical as possible.

"N-no thanks. I'll just..." Yellena strayed away from him. She saw the way he stared at her crotch with hunger. Her hand and wrist was one thing, but the neck was an intimate affair. Samuel was not to be deterred. Moving too quickly for her, Samuel snatched Yellena up and onto his lap to straddle him. When she attempted to slide off, he grasped her thighs firmly.

"Stay!" He growled with authority. She stayed and force herself not to tremble when he leaned in, brushing her hair out of the way. Cupping her neck gently, Samuel passed his tongue along the bite marks and tried to make that the only contact. He had to keep reminding himself that he was in her father's house, but then she whimpered.

Yellena began to melt in his arms. His hold on her tightened, and his lips found the tender flesh of her neck. Then her arms were around his shoulders, and her hands were caressing the hard muscles there.