Beyond the Borderline Bk. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CPBaudelaire
CPBaudelaire
1,221 Followers

"It was very confusing at first. I guess I came to accept the truth of you and Mom, but I was extremely uncomfortable with the responsibility that came with knowing what I did, and for a while I was very angry that I had to carry that burden. I was sure that if I let something slip somehow, it would end up ruining our entire family. I blamed the both of you a bit, for allowing me to see you together. While I had somewhat come to terms with you and Mom being together, I was gradually starting to get more and more pissed off. I was working myself up to confront both of you, but Sis came to the rescue. It was Anna who got my thinking turned around." She smiled and sighed. "Good old practical sister. She was unbelievably serene about all of it, except for the initial shock, which I think she was over in a few minutes."

"What was it that she did?"

"Well, she could tell after a few days that it was really eating at me, so she sort of cornered me for a chat. She started out asking me who I knew among all of our friends who had the best parents with the happiest marriage. Of course, I had to admit, it was you and Mom. At that point she asked me "How can anyone argue against that? We should be so lucky in our own lives to find someone we love as much as they love each other. What Mom and Dad have together is nobody else's damn business."

Then she said it was a privilege to have the knowledge and not a cross to bear, as far as she was concerned. It was like she helped me flip a switch mentally, and from that point forward, I was cool with all of it. It was then that I swore two things to myself. I promised myself that I would not settle for any less love than that in my own life, and I also vowed that I would accept wherever and from whoever that love came from, if I was lucky enough to find it... and that I would never, ever have any regrets."

"I'm glad you're sharing this with me, D. We always worried a lot about how to cope with the dangers that were inherent in our relationship. We wanted to be as honest as possible with the three of you, but didn't want to disclose anything before we thought you were ready."

Deirdre smiled and hitched her chair closer to me and we sat in comfortable silence, watching downslope as night gradually and stealthily claimed the lands below us. The lights of Paia and Kahalui slowly bloomed into the dusk as we sat sipping the dregs of our wine. Dee Dee placed her hand on mine and gave it a gentle squeeze, intertwining our fingers, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Love you, Daddy."

Once again I was struck by how much she reminded me of Mom, both in mannerisms and appearance. As these perceptions percolated their way into my subconscious, they triggered a rush of recollections, which cascaded through my mind like the flowing stream of a flash flood, scouring the dry riverbed of my grief. Snatches of sepia memory replayed themselves behind my eyes like a flickering silent film as I recalled my mother to life again.

I'm not sure exactly how the memories were resurrected, possibly by the presence of her surrogate, my daughter, but their clarity was breathtaking. They ran the gamut from us painting the soon-to-be bedroom of Dee Dee and Anna, daubing paint on each other and giggling like kids to the time we were on vacation together in Italy, just the two of us. I'll never forget the nearly moonless evening as we were walking in the Pantera Contrada of Siena, on the western edge of that fabled city. It was less than a week after Il Palio and the town seemed practically empty by comparison with the preceding week. Cutting through a darkened alley, Mom stopped suddenly and pushed me into a doorway, completely shrouded in shadow. With no fanfare, she unbuckled my pants and proceeded to give me a toe-curling blow job.

Afterwards she said, simply, "Just because I can and just because I love my son," then taking my hand and then leading me back to our pensione on wobbly knees.

Later that night, Deirdre came to me, slipping under the covers, naked.

"Daddy," she said, "I've wanted you since forever, but I knew Momma was your one and only. She knew how I felt, because I told her when I was eighteen. I promised her that I would never do anything to hurt her or you, but I couldn't help what I felt and that nothing was going to change that."

She paused, her head on my shoulder and I could feel her tears, hot on my skin. I was struck speechless by the suddenness of events, unable to move a single muscle.

"Do you remember what Momma said, at the end? What she made you promise?"

"I do Dee Dee, I do, but what has that got to do with anything and why, why are you doing this?"

"That was my agreement with momma, Daddy, that I would take care of you after she was gone, loving you and looking after you, making sure that you were happy. She said nothing in the world mattered more to her than that."

Running her hands on my chest, she kissed my cheek, her chin trembling.

"Daddy, please don't turn me away. I'm here for you, for the rest of your life, if you'll have me. Please, Daddy, please."

Her hands traveled southward and my body betrayed me.

***

I'm very sleepy now. These recollections have taken more of my strength than I imagined. The things that happened between Deirdre and me, I'm not going to speak of. Not because I'm ashamed, because I'm not. Those chapters of my life have been lived honestly and openly and all I'll say at this point is that I came to understand how difficult it was for Mom, at the beginning of our time together.

In any event, that's not my story to tell, it's Deirdre's. What, if anything, is said about us and the life we shared after that night is for her to decide. Soon, I'll be ashes scattered on the water of Hookipa Bay and it won't matter at all to me, but Dee Dee still has years ahead of her and she should be the one who decides how the rest of this story unfolds.

I'm tired. It's not the fatigue that comes with overexertion or sleep deprivation, but an ache, a strain deep in the core of my soul. I feel that in telling my tale, I have squeezed the last drops of vitality from my spirit and all that's left now is the waiting.

The rest of the family should be arriving tomorrow afternoon, undoubtedly notified by my doctors that time is short and that this old buzzard is not long for this life. I don't think I'll sleep tonight, as I feel that would be wasted time. All I'll do is dream of Mom anyway, something likely to put me in a melancholy humor on the morrow. I would like to be calm and as cheerful as may be, since I will be seeing my first great-grandchild for the first time.

Jason and Fiona's eldest, Marie is only twenty and has been a bit of a trial for her parents, but what can you do? Kids these days...In the end, I guess that one last appearance before the gathered tribes is in order. I'll do my best to present myself agreeably.

***

The sunshine in the lanai feels wonderful today, warming my aching bones and loosening stiff joints. The up country air of Makawao agrees with me. I hear our children and grandchildren close at hand and I can smell the scent of plumeria and hibiscus from our gardens, lifted on the breeze. A cooling flow of air is rolling off the north slopes of Haleakala, mixing with the omnipresent trade winds, a balm for my parched skin.

I stopped eating and drinking 2 days ago, but curiously, there is no hunger or thirst. Perhaps more strangely, my pain is no longer a concern. I cannot tell if I actually hurt less or now just ignore what my body tries to tell me. Even more startling today is the absence of the ache in my heart that has been present every day for the past two decades. For the first time since that day, I am at peace. I am immersed in my environment, feeling, hearing, seeing and smelling everything around me, alert to the smallest detail, the subtlest nuance or variation in my surroundings. The afternoon sunlight seems lambent on my face as I close my eyes, suffused with a sensation of wholeness and almost breathless anticipation.

It is then I become aware of the scent of simple soap and sandalwood in the air. I feel her soft, smooth hand on mine.

"I'm here, Ricky, my love. I've been waiting for you. It's time to come home to Mom."

The End

A huge thanks to LaRascasse for editorial assistance with this monster. This story was immeasurably improved due to his input. All our volunteer editors on Lit do a largely thankless job and often do not get the recognition they deserve. This was a massive project, which required a lot of his time. Few people would be willing to commit to such an undertaking, especially with a first time author. I am very grateful.

CPBaudelaire
CPBaudelaire
1,221 Followers
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
208 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well, the totality of it is kind of hard to parse out. There's a lot of love in this story,.. and a lot of fucked up stuff too. Jen and Rick's relationship was never equal. She was always the dominant, because of her nature, and because he embraced her nature, and let her be that. Was her relationship with Gina cheating, as some have suggested? She was certainly willing to knowingly cuckold him with Jason. Even though Rick approved of both those things... But the biggest betrayal, to me, is that Jen didn't tell Rick anything about Dee's love for him. To me, that's unconscionable. As a spouse, there should be no secrets between you. Jen was quick to be open to having sex with Jason, but kept even the possibility of Rick and Dee from ever even being discussed. That, in my opinion, is fucked up.

And the kids were fucked up, too, Jason got the hots for his Mom, but out of respect for his Dad or something, decides not to fuck her. Then he feels her up in front of his Dad and his wife? What kind of respect is that? Fucked up. And poor Dee, fucked up. And poor Emily, feels like she needs to become a priest to all these incestuous people? Fucked up. And then all the preaching and propaganda about how great these incestuous relationships are? That's transparently fucked up. So, a lot of fucked up stuff, amongst the love that was also there. And poor Rick was always fucked up, he loved that crazy bitch so much. Fucker never had a chance!

You know, I read these incest stories for the pure love that is often in them. That's fantasy, I reckon. But this one, while there was a lot of love there, for sure, there was just too much fucked up stuff for it to be satisfying for me. Maybe that's more like real life, I don't know. But if it is, then to me this story is more an argument against incest, than for it. Too much fucked up stuff resulted, all the way down the line. Jen strated out seeming like a pretty wise and responsible parent. In retrospect, she should have stuck with that and kept on doing the right thing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is nothing short of an amazing composition!

I have read through about 40 of the reviews, and must say, despite how good of a read it was, that I agree with several of the readers who gave reviews of the story.

1. While it was also a hot interlude, Jen's afternoon with Gina was truly being unfaithful despite permission, because Rick states clearly several times throughout the story that Jen's the only woman for him, and has no sexual desire for ANY other woman.

2. The prospect of Jason having sex with Jen would essentially have been Jen's cuckolding of Rick.

3. Although it was done in the interest of love, the inclusion of Deidre seducing Rick after Jen's death was a bit tasteless, but this is a story of incest, now isn't it?

4. At his core, Rick was a spineless man. Don't piss off mom, or I won't get laid again!

But then again, Jen really was really was a dominate bitch in her essence, wasn't she? Especially in book one.

At least in book two, Rick got all the sex and love he wanted, although she was still clearly in charge of the relationship. But Jen was a lawyer, and no wimpy woman would ever be a attorney. Only a strong willed woman would be.

No one else in their reviews touched on this at all, but during the morning after their amazingly sexy dinner and dancing date at the restaurant with the live band, Rick is now firmly headed toward ultimately satisfying his dreams. He and his mom were so hands on and sexual during the date, is it any wonder that he'd want to be sexually aggressive with his mom the next morning? He thought he was home free!

And what does she do with him then? Be a complete controlling bitch to him! I seriously about gave up the story at that point because it was such a let down. After all the build up with Jen stringing Rick along as she did, knowing fully how he felt, she denies him sex, yet again.

But overall, it was also a great development in the plot!

I admit it.....I was so pissed about the way she treated him, I was cheering him on when he was going to walk out of the house. I figured it might've put Jen in her place and made her really realise the depth of Rick's love for her.

But, I am glad I kept reading! Really glad!

I cried at the end, too. And, as an ardent fan of The Ghost Whisperer, during the part of Emmy's relating Alain's words to her right after the horrible accident. Truly touching!!

Thank you for a truly meaningful read!

Sincerely, B4PW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautiful love story!

(3/31/2023)- I almost didn't read this story due to the length of both parts. I don't like a story that is 3 pages long because it's difficult to set up a story in a short length. But i don't typically like them long either as i feel i will lose interest. And after reading the first page of Part 1, i had a feeling it would end as a tear-jerker. But I'm glad i did. It took me several days to finish both parts but it was well worth it. And after reading some of the previous comments, i now see why the overall rating is not higher. But, to each his/her own. I would just say to CPBaudelaire to take heart. You can't...please...everyone. As with Part 1, the dialogue here was Top Notch. I enjoyed immensely every Aspect of this story. The creativity is Awesome. I enjoyed All of the characters. Even the tryst between Jennifer and Gina did not bother me as Gina and her son became part of the "family" instead of just casual aquaintances. And as Ricky explained to Dee Dee at the last, Jen's and Gina's relationship was more Spiritual than sexual anyway.

And speaking of Spiritual connections, the author made at least 2 references to a "higher power" in this story. Both involved Emily and prayer. Once when she was born and needed surgery and the second was when she was injured in the accident. Also in reference to the accident, Emily told her mom and dad about her "revelation" in talking with "Uncle Alain" while she was unconscious. I especially loved those.

Finally, i loved the "Southern connection" developed through Gina and her son, Paul. Being raised in the deep South, I personally appreciated all of those Y'alls.

As the author stated, this was his first submission. It is obvious that it took a great deal of work and time to write this. I thank him for this story and the editorial assistance he received. 5🌟 for a Great job.

Sam23312Sam23312over 1 year ago

Unfortunately I had to give up on this half way through book 2. Primarily due to the fact that this was headed from a romance to an extended stroke story. Way too over sexed for the main premise. I quit just as Gina entered the story and glad I did. I have to agree with many of the comments below. Far too many authors take this route, maybe to satisfy what they think people want. This would have been much.more palatable if kept to the romance and family aspect. Sorry, only one star from me.

WolfenherzWolfenherzover 1 year ago

Such a wonderfull epic journey, your story managed to produce a lot of emotions. This is one that will stick with me for a long time. Thank you.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

A Mother and Her Son Romance, love and sex between mother and son.in Incest/Taboo
Spring Break Wife Gary joins his mom on spring break.in Incest/Taboo
Making Out With Mom He gets to know his mother REALLY well.in Incest/Taboo
Linda's Discovery Mom discovers her son's secret.in Incest/Taboo
The Forbidden Shore Dark family secrets are overcome; mom,son find one anotherin Incest/Taboo
More Stories