Bitter Sweet War

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love liquor. I'm not an alcoholic or anything but just making new creations and new flavors just something that works gives me a small thrill. Almost like cooking."

"You cook too?"

"God no! Last time I tried to cook I nearly burned down half my apartment while singeing my hair."

He smiled at her honesty. He didn't mind a woman who didn't cook. Feeding was enough for him. The time seemed to leave them and before they knew it, it was four. As they both were leaving the place they stood in front of the restaurant sneaking peeks at each other.

"I had a very nice time Mykel."

"So did I Desiree. When can I see you again?"

"Hmm I'm pretty sure I can squeeze you in."

She gave him a cheeky smile and pulled out a piece of paper with her number on it. He smiled gently grabbing her hand and kissing the top of it.

"See you soon."

"Likewise."

They both parted ways and she was so giddy she couldn't stand it! Finally a decent date that went well. She got inside of her car and sat thinking on the rest of her day. She had nothing to do. Rummaging around her purse she felt a slip of paper. Pulling it out she saw the name and number of the mystery guy from last night.

It wouldn't hurt to try Desiree. Come on it would be a simple coffee or movie. It's not like you guys are going to have sex.

She punched the number into her phone. On the third ring someone picked up.

"How may I help you?"

Desiree didn't know what to do. The last thing she expected was for a woman to pick up! Her anger spiked not at the man she already knew was the playing type but for herself for calling.

"Wrong number."

She hung up. That would be the last time she put her neck on the line for a stupid inconsiderate man looking for some ass.

Kyan watched as a few pups pounced on each other and played in the sectioned off meadow. He kept up his pace following his nose to his mother's cabin deep within his Alpha's domain. She was making banana nut muffins. Opening the door his sister and brother came and tackled him sensing him from a mile away.

"Get off me you mutts! You're a little old for this!"

His sister with her brown curly locks looked up at him with a look of mischief in her eyes. "I'm only seventeen Kyan! I can still pounce on you."

He pushed her off along with his brother who was twenty-one.

"Yeah well okay you have an excuse, he doesn't."

Kyan's brother shrugged and made his way to the kitchen where there mother was cooking. He snuck and grabbed a muffin causing his mom to smack his hand with the spoon she was holding.

"Don't you come in here stealing food mister. And where the heck have you been?"

"Mom you know that Kronos is out. I've been working over time on that headache."

He noticed his mom still and then go back to what she was doing. "Oh he's out? And what has he been doing?"

"Snatching women. Especially blondes and black women. All are human so we don't know what he could possibly be searching for."

His mother dropped her spoon and finally gave up her task at hand. She turned giving him a fake smile he could see right through.

"What's wrong mom?"

"Nothing at all. I've just been tired dealing with the nursery and your little mongrel siblings."

He could tell she was lying and decided not to push it. She would tell him when she was ready. His phone began ringing and his mom took it.

"How may I help you?"

She listened for a while and then closed it shut.

"It was a wrong number." He thought of who could possibly be calling him and the little nymph from last night entered his mind. He took his phone from his mother and kissed her on the cheek before turning.

"Just stopping by to say hello. I'll be back soon it's business."

He walked out and through the forest heading back to his car. He called the number back but received no answer. On his third time calling he finally got an answer.

"Hello beautiful."

"Don't hello beautiful me! Why would you give me your number if you already have someone!? You're such a pig and I hope that you get hit by a freaking c---"

"It was my mother."

"Huh?"

"My mother. She answered the phone. She has a thing about it. I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression of me but I'm currently not seeing anyone."

The phone was silent for a little bit. For a minute he thought she hung up but then he heard a groan. One that hardened him instantly.

"I'm so sorry Kyan. You probably think I'm a wacko for always yelling at you."

"Well you know how you can make it up to me."

"How's that?"

"Dinner and a movie. Tonight."

"Fine, I owe you that much. What restaurant?"

"Starlight at eight."

"I'll be there."

"See you soon."

The line disconnected and he felt rejuvenated. He would get to see her and prove to her that he wasn't as bad as he looked. He felt his wolf tugging softly at his conscious in agreement.

Pam watched as her son Kyan walked out of the door. She hurried and threw off her apron and ran to her Alpha's quarters. He sat behind his desk deeply engrossed in paperwork when she came storming into his office. He didn't get angry because she was his Aunt and she regularly barged in unannounced.

"Did you know that Kronos is back on Earth?"

The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end at the fact. "Yes."

"Kyan has told me he has been snatching blondes and black women. Do you know that?"

"No I wasn't properly updated yet."

"Do you know what this means Luke! He's upholding his final words."

Luke rubbed his hands over his eyes. Decades ago the operation to take down Kronos was put into action by Kyan's father, Mitchell, and Mykel's father, William. They along with a very powerful witch and Satan were the one's to seal his fate. Kronos promised to destroy that of which their children would love if it was the last thing he did. Later that month elders had premonitions of two human girls being brought to the depths of Hell to serve as Kronos' slaves for eternity.

The elders were sure that this was way off into the future so precautions weren't put into place immediately. But they did warn that the girls were of importance. They were the mate's of Mitchell and William's first sons.

"We have to stop him Kyle! You know what happens when someone loses their mates. They go rogue. I cannot and will not have that happening to my son or Mykel."

"Don't worry Aunt Pam. The elders and witches did something a long time ago to prevent that if the girls are taken."

He watched as her eyes hardened and narrowed. "What the heck are you talking about?"

"They shot something into the boys' system. Kyan won't be able to tell his mate from any other women he encounters because it dampened his mating instinct and blocked it off from his wolf. Mykel's mating instinct has been blocked also."

Shock and betrayal crossed his Aunt's face and it caused his wolf to whimper. "How dare any of you take the right for them to find their mates! It is not your choice and instead of pushing them away from them you should be trying to save those poor girls!"

Pam turned and made her way towards the door. "I expected better from you my Alpha. And nothing will stand in my way of making sure those men find their soul mates."

With that Pam slammed the door and stormed back to her cabin. The witch who sealed Kronos away was one of the most powerful and owed her a favor.

It was time for her to pay the witch a visit.

12