Black Love Is Epic

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,118 Followers

We grinned, and the rest of the train ride went smoothly. We got off at Charles MGH and made our way to my parents neat little duplex in the South End. This is where you live, Edith said, marveling at the beautiful houses filling up both sides of my street. I nodded with pride, and opened the door. You should have seen the look on my parents faces as I walked in with Edith, both of us looking disheveled from tonight's fun chase through the streets of Dorchester. There was a tall, bald-headed and bespectacled white man with them whom I didn't recognize. He tensed when he saw me. My dad introduced him as detective Jeff Basil of the Boston Police Department. Detective Basil looked at Edith and I, and told me he had several officers looking for me. They went to Northeastern and couldn't find me. They also combed Copley Mall, my favorite hangout, and the Boston Public Library downtown as well. When they couldn't find me, they feared the worst.

My mother came to me and hugged me, and I tenderly hugged this tall, regal woman who gave me life. Edith cleared her throat, and I suddenly remembered her. I introduced her to my mom, and my dad. Mom glared at Edith who returned her stare. What can I say? My mom never likes the girls I bring home. Detective Basil looked at us, and scratched his head. I told him that Edith was a witness as well, and the three killers from last night were after her too. Edith and detective Basil looked at each other. A look passed between them. The detective took out his phone and in a clipped voice, asked about the security detail that was supposed to already be at the house. Then he joined us in the living room, and we all had a nice long chat.

Two more police officers came, a short Hispanic woman in her thirties, and a tall Black man. For some reason their presence did nothing to make me feel secure. A cop car got sent to Edith's house to pick up her aunt and bring her to a safe house until things quieted down. My parents haggled with detective Basil, and my father went on and on about needing a security detail as he went to work and my mother kept going on and on about when things would return to normal. In the midst of all this, nobody noticed as Edith and I slipped away. I gave her a tour of the house. I felt a strange calm as I showed Edith my old trophies from my hockey days. To my immense surprise, she was into winter sports too. Grinning, Edith told me she was into ice skating. I smiled and told her I never would have guessed. Edith shrugged and told me she was full of surprises. We just stood there, grinning while talking about our mutual love of winter sports, temporarily forgetting that there was police in my house because there were people out there trying to kill us.

Edith and I sat in my pops library, talking and trying not to think about the weird turn our lives had taken. Edith got up and walked around the library, checking the pictures on the walls. Pictures of my dad and I at a hockey team. Debbie and I on our first date at Copley Mall. Edith held that picture in her hand and shot me a teasing look. Then she asked me if I liked vanilla that much. When she held Debbie's picture in her hand, my heart sank. It had been a while since I last saw Debbie. Doubtless she was happy with her new man at Bridgewater State University, having a blast while my life turned into a bloody mess. And now my life was in danger due to my bad luck. Great. Edith poked me in the ribs and told me to fess up. There's a story there, she said. I looked into her eyes. Fuck it, I thought. Then I told her.

Edith listened to my spiel as I told her about Debbie and I, our long romance, and its tragic and unexpected ending. She broke my heart. When I finished, I was trembling. You can't imagine how many times I went over the whole thing in my head, wondering if I could have done anything different. Debbie was my first love. Could I have been a better boyfriend? Would she still be with me if I had done something different? So many questions. No answers. Edith gently touched my arm, and told me that Debbie was probably cheating on me with that Trevor guy a good while before she dumped me. A gasp escaped my lips. I really hadn't thought of that. Suddenly Edith was closer to me, and she slowly, gently and tentatively hugged my trembling body. And that's when I let go, of all the pain I had been holding inside. Edith held me in her arms, and told me that someday, I'd find someone better. Assuming we made it through this whole guns-and-murders thing. You know what? I sincerely believed her.

Edith and I held each other like this for a long time. Without realizing it, we fell asleep on the couch inside my father's library/study. When I woke up, Edith was still asleep. Someone had thrown a blanket over our sleeping forms. Who? Probably my dad. I showed Edith the guest room where she'd be staying, and handed her a towel and toothbrush. We always shower before breakfast in the Berihun household. Later, Edith joined my parents and I for breakfast, clad in one of my old Celtics sweatshirts and sweatpants I hadn't worn since high school. As we sat down for breakfast, I saw that Detective Basil was nowhere to be found, but I noticed a car parked outside. Had to be the police officers assigned to watch over our house. Cool.

Mom greeted Edith and I with her polite but chilly smile that I knew all too well. Before I could help myself to the omelette and bacon she prepared, mommy dearest launched into interrogation mode. So, Edith, mom said, tell us about yourself. Edith smiled politely and introduced herself as Edith Banderas. She was studying Criminal Justice at Bunker Hill Community College and worked part-time in the fast food industry. Oh, and she was a Scorpio, she added with a wry grin. I shrugged and told Edith that I was an Aquarius. Edith grinned and said my astrological sign explained a lot about me, including my penchant for getting into trouble. Dad and I smiled. Touché. Mom did not seem amused. My dad smiled at Edith and told her he once studied Criminal Justice as an undergrad at Boston University before going to Law school. Edith high-fived my dad and told him going to Law school was her dream.

Edith and I had known each other for a little over twenty four hours, and under strange circumstances at that, but honestly, I found her a lot cooler and more real than the chicks I usually dealt with at Northeastern University. She was feisty, fearless and lively. Nice ass too. The gal's got a ghetto booty on her. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We finished breakfast, then heard a knock at the door. It was Detective Basil, and he had some good news. The three goons had been arrested. A thrill went through me. I'm free, I thought. Edith piped right up, asking whether or not she could go home. The detective said we should all stay put for the time being, and he wanted Edith to come to the police station with him to make a deposition. Our goons needed to be positively identified, and right away. Edith laid her hand on mine, and we nodded at each other. Let's do this, I thought.

We went to the police station, and positively identified Luis Cabrera, Tyrone Peterson and Timothy Chang as the killers of Jonathan Hawthorne, Cambridge realtor who had been buying up real estate in Dorchester from poor minorities and selling it to yuppies. With the suspects identified and in custody, a trial date was set. Until the trial, we would all be under police protection. I didn't want to be away from Edith, though. I insisted on going with her when she went to meet her aunt Gabby, a short, dark-skinned woman from Barbados who raised her after her parents, Lionel and Edwina Banderas died in an accident shortly after emigrating to the U.S. from the Caribbean. Wow, Edith was an orphan. I didn't know that. She joyfully hugged her aunt Gabby, then poked me in the ribs as I gently shook the old lady's hand. Edith introduced me as Gabriel, the fool she saved from perdition. I tried to jokingly poke her in the ribs to protest but she moved at the last minute and I, um, poked her in the butt instead. Edith whirled around and smiled at me. I smiled hesitantly. She wasn't mad? Cool.

Edith and I testified at the trial, which resonated throughout the state of Massachusetts. The issue of gentrification was a big one, and even Governor Deval Patrick weighed in. In the end, the three killers were convicted, and they even revealed who their boss was, a wealthy white guy named John Stamford, realtor extraordinaire and a business rival of Jonathan Hawthorne, the man they killed. Stamford's goons got twenty years in prison a piece for the murder, but he got sentenced to life in prison since he was the hit maker. Every hit man works for someone...After testifying, Edith and I walked out of the Suffolk County Courthouse, smiling like a couple of clowns.

As we made our way out of the courthouse, tons upon tons of reporters crowded us. I'm still not used to having so many people shoving mikes in my face, though it happened several times since the trial began. They kept shouting question after question. Edith and made our way through them. As we tried to get to the sidewalk, someone made their way toward us through the throngs of reporters. A very familiar silhouette stepped in front of us. My heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was. Deborah O'Shea. Debbie. She just went up to me and hugged me, and I froze. Next to me, Edith stood silent. What was she doing here? Debbie smiled that million-dollar smile of hers and told me that she heard about the murder trial and was concerned for me. Oh, and by the way, she was no longer with Trevor the football player, she told me as a side note.

Gently but firmly I pried her arms from me, and shook my head. I looked at Edith, who eyed me with a reserved look on her dark, beautiful face. I took her hand in mine and kissed it, then I told Debbie I had to go but hey, have a nice life. Edith smiled. Debbie looked from her to me, then stood there with her hands on her hips. Since when do you like Black girls? She asked me with something approaching indignation. That's when Edith threw her arms around me and kissed me. She flashed Debbie a triumphant look, Debbie scoffed. I smiled at Edith and she smiled at me. She gave my ass a squeeze, and I almost jerked in surprise. As we made our way to the car, she patted the growing bulge in my crotch and told me that she was going to fuck my brains out and show me what Black pussy was all about as soon as we got home. I smiled at that. I can't wait to find out!

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,118 Followers
12