Black Man Wins My Heart

Story Info
Never let anyone in until she met her black lover.
899 words
3.38
28.4k
6
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Joan never let anyone into her private little world. She was very studious, making the honor roll throughout grade school, high school and the dean's list in college.

She was active in clubs, played the clarinet for the high school band, did two monthly articles and was the editor of the high school newspaper, won numerous awards and contest and had a wall of certificates, shelves full of trophies, but always stayed away from dating. She liked guys, but she was so afraid of getting hurt like some of her friends that did date and also didn't want to get raped like her best friend did when they were only 16 years old. She is still best friends with Julie, but she has been in a home since that horrible rape and has never been able to shake that night. Joan visits her as often as she can and watches as Julie gazed into space and then cries out for help. So sad.

Joan loves her job. She has been a nurse in almost every capacity and loves it. She always puts in extra time to be with the babies, the elderly and the mentally retarded. A few of the doctor's have asked her out and she has had dinner with them but wanted no part of a relationship. Most of the men thought she was foolish for being the way she is because they know she would be a good wife and mother. The men she has had dinner with have all been white. She is nice and always has been nice to everyone. She was talked about when she was nice to the black boys in school and helped them out with their schoolwork and she didn't care as she just kept on helping them and who ever needed her help, got it.

One night Joan decided to work late in the infant ward and she was joined by a black doctor; a doctor that she had never seen at the hospital before. He introduced himself to her as Dr. James Samuels, but he said everyone referred to him as "Dr. J". She told him her name was Joan and she was Joni to who know her. They talked and worked and played and fed the children and got along very well. Dr. "J" asked Joan if she was seeing anyone and she said no and went on to explain and he said that he would like to have dinner with her on the next day off and she said she would.

A few days went by and her cell phone rang and it was Dr."J" and he asked her if she was free on Saturday night and she was and so was he. He asked if she liked Italian food and she said she did and asked if she would like to go to the movies and to an Italian bistro and she said she would. Someone she seemed to have loosen up a bit and allowed him to come to her townhouse to pick her up. She prepared a cake that afternoon in case he came back for a nightcap of a coffee and maybe a piece of her famous triple chocolate mousse cake.

The movie was a comedy as they both enjoyed them and the food at the Bistro was the best either one has ever eaten. His friend suggested the place and he was pleased. They laughed about the movie and had great conversations and she seemed to be getting out of her shell. When "J" took her home, she asked him to come in for a night cap of either a drink or coffee and her cake and he chose the cake and coffee. They continued talking until about 4 am and they both realized they had to work the third shift on Sunday so they did have time to get in some sleep before heading into work.

Dr. "J" told Joan that he really enjoyed himself and really likes being with her. She was surprised that he did and he took her by the hand and told her that he would never hurt her, force her into anything and he would take his time before he made any moves on her. He would take it slow as she is fine lady and would like to see her again and she looked and him and he gave her a soft kiss on her lips and she didn't pull away from him. She enjoyed it and she told him that she trusted him and gave him a kiss back and she offered him to stay at her place so he didn't have to drive home and she would make a late breakfast or lunch when they woke up.

He accepted her offered kissed her good night. Joan was never so happy to have found someone like him. The next few months they had gotten closer and she actually found herself in love with him. She got scared when she saw how happy she looked in the mirror.

She was told that dating a black man would only be trouble and she told them to mind their own business.

Today Joan and James are married and have 4 children and she never opened up to anyone like she did with James. They will soon be celebrating their sixth anniversary and have never been happier.