Blazing Glory Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ShadwNinjaX
ShadwNinjaX
1,347 Followers

Blaze tried to duck aside again but Blackblood was not to be fooled this time and angled his down stroke to slice towards Blaze's ribs. Twin blades clapped together with a metal clang to crisscross each other in time to catch the cutlass between them. Though he saved himself, the raw strength sent Blaze tumbling away until he crashed to a halt at the railing on the other side of the deck. He wheezed as he struggled to regain his breath once more. That's it! No more running!

Staggering to his feet, Blaze lifted his blades once more to the bull of a pirate rushing him. The wooden deck trembled with the weight of the massive man coming fast. The young Quinlan fighter didn't try to dodge this time as the cutlass was brought down from above to try and cleave him in two. Blaze whipped his right sword up to catch the blow as it drove him down to a knee with a grunt. He swiftly thrust his left blade to the exposed abdomen of Blackblood. The large body in front of him moved with surprising swiftness as it moved to the side, his blade only biting into the muscled side.

Not wanting to give the pirate any chance for a counterattack, Blaze used his own speed to surprise the burly opponent by leaping from his crouch up into a springing jump front kick, landing it squarely on the chin. Blackblood grunted and stumbled back a few steps, not expecting such in his red anger. Though big as he was, he was quick enough in his own size as he lashed out with a backhanded blow with his hook to send the smaller man in midair sprawling once more.

Blaze groaned as he hadn't expected Blackblood to be able to recover and move that fast. The hard metal of the hook had smashed into his face. Part of the sharp end had caught his cheek and sliced it deeply, leaving a wound weeping blood heavily on the one side of his face. He rolled to his feet and turned to face the steaming scallywag. The youthful warrior turned his head to spit out some blood with his gaze hardening. Blaze's own anger was rising now. There was no way in the Abyss he was going to lose to anyone ever again, let alone this bastard!

Both men charged the other with defiant roars before the air sung with the clash of swords above all others in the forgotten battle on the Crimson Dawn in their minds. Blaze glared up into those black eyes challengingly, daring the other to try and make him back down in defeat. The flicker of glinting light warned him in time as the dirty pirate swung his hook around to kill him. Blaze grunted as he leaned back to where it narrowly missed, throwing the heavier man off balance. Twisting about, Blaze lowered into the spin and thrust his leg out to sweep Blackblood's legs out from beneath him. Blackblood landed on his back with a heavy crash.

Blaze finished his spin to whip his swords downwards and howled with battle lust as he thrust them downwards to drink in the pirate's blood. His arms shuddered as the blades sunk deeply into the wood instead while Blackblood rolled aside. The massive man slammed a large boot into Blaze's stomach to gain some space. Grunting in pain, Blaze stumbled backwards and knew his body couldn't take much more abuse from this giant pirate.

Blackblood himself was calmer as he now backed away slowly to appraise this challenger anew. Blaze stepped forward quickly to grasp his hilts and grunted as he tried to lift the weapons free but couldn't. They were dug in deep and stuck. Seizing the opportunity, Blackblood swept in with renewed fury to kill this annoying vermin on his ship. Blaze growled in frustration as he was forced to back away from his swords as he dodged in and out of the cutlass strikes and hook swipes.

"Ye bloody sea rat! I'll split ya into fish bait ya flippin' monkey!" Blackblood roared.

What the hell was a monkey? Either way, Blaze knew an insult when he heard one as he swerved to connect a solid right hook that momentarily stunned the pirate. Blaze twisted the other way as he leapt up to slam a wicked uppercut that sent both Blackblood and his crooked yellow teeth flying. Grasping the railing to support himself, Blackblood heaved himself up as he spit out blood and a few more teeth. Seething hatred filled the other's eyes now as Blaze stood there. Blaze wondered why it could never be in between as it seemed people either loved him or hated him.

That thought made him smirk as he drew himself into a defensive stance and extended his upward palm to the pirate. He then beckoned Blackblood with that hand to bring it. As he had hoped, the pirate had no discipline and let the rage completely overtake him. Charging like a mad bull, Blackblood swung his cutlass so clearly that Blaze knew where it was going. Sidestepping the swing, the young warrior drove the wind out of Blackblood's sails with a leaping rising knee to his midsection. Blaze did it with such force that he could hear a rib or two cracking from the blow.

The pirate gasped, not having expected someone to know how to fight like this as he doubled over head-on to receive the smaller warrior's heel to his face from the follow-up spinning hook-kick. Blackblood cursed foully as he crashed into the steering wheel and used it for support. His cutlass clattered away from him to the lower deck.

"Curse ye! I will have yer hide for this!" Blackblood bellowed as he spun about to lash out with his only other weapon, his hook.

Blaze ducked quickly and seized the arm. Ducking under and spinning, he twisted that arm about with enough force to make Blackblood actually scream with pain for the first time. Blaze struggled mightily with the larger man trying to twist free and jammed his finger down on the pressure point between Blackblood's collar bones, making the pirate howl with further pain but weakened as well.

"This," Blaze growled as he pinned the pirate against the wheel he still leaned on, "is for the pain you caused Clarissa you son of a bitch!"

Blackblood didn't realize it until it was too late with Blaze having pulled the twisted arm between the big man's legs. With a vengeful growl, Blaze suddenly yanked that arm upwards to pop the arm out of the shoulder socket. But even worse was the sharp hook being driven up into Blackblood's crotch from below. The massive man screamed in agony as he thrashed in pain, making Blaze back away quickly.

The battle between the two pirate crews had spilled back onto the clipper and was now taking place on both ships. But with the help of Kendra, Nadine, Tyra, and Rae, the battle had continued to go in favor of the Red sisters. But when that scream of agony ripped through the air, all became swiftly silent as all eyes turned stunned to see the Captain Blackblood bloodied, bruised, and in pain. Everyone forgot about their enemies right next to them as their feet were frozen, unable to move.

The young warrior moved to grasp both blades again as he slammed his foot down between them. The weakened wood splintered under the impact enough to crack and allow him to wedge them free. Sick of this bastard's howling, he moved back to his enemy and beheaded the infamous Blackblood with silent anger. The silence was palpable and it seemed as if the very sea about them quieted in hushed astonishment. The courage of Blackblood's pirates rolled away as did their leader's head in a bloody mess down the deck.

"NO QUARTER!" roared one red pirate and soon the few remaining enemy pirates were dispatched in bloody fashion. Blaze stumbled down the stairs, bruised and bloodied. He was so damn tired that he didn't even realize the mass of pirates surrounding him in celebration and praise. Clarissa shoved her way through to seize Blaze and kiss him fiercely on the mouth.

"I would have preferred to do that bastard in myself," she whispered huskily into his ear, "but seeing you do it was just as satisfying!"

Blaze was helped back over to the Crimson Dawn by Tyra as the rest of the Red crew climbed back over the ropes. Though they had won against insurmountable odds, the toll had been a heavy one as two-thirds of Marissa and Clarissa's crew were dead. Those perished aboard Blackblood's clipper were brought back to be given a proper burial at sea. No tears were shed for their comrades as they died a good death in combat for their captains. A worthy pirate's end! Ropes were cut and grappling hooks tossed off as torches were hurled across to add the last insult to Blackblood's name by burning his ship.

"Captain Red!" screamed a panicked pirate from above as they drifted further away from the burning inferno of the clipper.

"What?" Marissa shouted with a foul scowl, not wanting this great moment to be spoiled.

"The other clipper! She has us sighted!" he screamed down.

"What?... No... Dear heavens NO!" Marissa muttered as she and Clarissa rushed to where the pirate pointed.

True enough to his words, the clipper was a distance away with her broadside pointed directly at the Crimson Dawn's. Already she could see the gun ports beginning to open to allow the cannons to fire. Blackblood must have ordered one to stay back and target them as a back-up in case something went wrong. Once the clipper saw the other burning, they followed their orders to sink the Crimson Dawn and her crew in revenge. They were done for, she realized. The Crimson Dawn couldn't maneuver herself away in time nor would her crew be quick enough in preparing their cannons. No magic could be used by the drowess as Rae had gone below deck to tend to the wounded. There was simply no time!

Kendra hovered far above them as she noticed the jovial mood turn to accepting silence as all gazes turned in one direction. They all looked like they were gazing at their executioner. Her gaze followed them to see and realize the same time Marissa did. Her green gaze dropped back down to see Blaze bloodied and bruised with a hopeless look on his face as he too knew there was nothing they could do.

Richard!

Everyone aboard cringed and ducked when the scream of pure rage tore through the air. All eyes fell upon the winged beautiful succubus who dove and sped towards the enemy clipper. Blaze couldn't believe how fast Kendra was flying just above the water while she flapped those bat-like wings as if possessed. With her incredible speed, she reached the clipper when none of them thought she could in time.

Blaze panicked when he lost sight of her as she reached the ship and the screams began. The shrieks of terror and pain filled the air as they all could easily see blood arc high enough to spray the clipper's sails. Then all grew quiet for a moment as everyone watched in tense silence. Had the demoness succeeded in killing the crew and stopping the attack? Or had she been killed by being overwhelmed?

They were soon answered as the clipper splintered into tiny bits from an explosion massive enough to throw all of them back by the concussive force! The fireball engulfed and completely incinerated the ship as large waves were kicked up and rocked the Crimson Dawn intensely when they reached her.

"Was it the alchemic powder?" Nadine asked the sisters as she shook her fur.

"No," Clarissa said with a disbelieving shake of her head as she pushed herself back to her feet.

Marissa nodded. "We've seen ships before being torn apart from explosions within. Those were nowhere near as big as that one! What the bloody hell happened over there!?"

A pirate cried out as he pointed to an object sailing their way from way above. Blaze blinked and peered up to see that it was Kendra falling and unconscious. He pushed a few aside as he aimed himself to be in the best position. His estimation was close enough as he moved under her just in time for her to crash into him. He grunted at the impact that slammed him down and made them skid as his arms wrapped about her protectively.

Groaning as they finally came to a stop and others came to help, Blaze looked down to the beautiful demoness in his arms. She was a bit singed by the explosion but otherwise fine. But Kendra was out cold even though he tried to rouse her gently. What had happened aboard that ship? What had caused such a powerful explosion? And did she have something to do with it?

Somehow, he had the feeling there was still more to this succubus than he and the others knew....

********************

Blaze sighed as he sat by Kendra's side on a small stool. The demoness, who had saved them all from a full barrage from those odd yet powerful cannons, lay on the mounted bed inside their small cabin. He hadn't left her side for one moment. Even though Rae told him she was simply unconscious and not hurt after the checkover. Still, he remembered that moment of cold running through his veins when he thought for a split second he had lost her. His hand gripped hers gently as it had from the very moment he sat down by her side.

Tyra and Nadine stood outside the door, thanking pirates kindly who came to inquire if the demoness was okay. The crew of pirates was grateful for what she had done for them and all of them wanted to pay their respects. These pirates weren't such a bad lot after all. He leaned back, not sore but fully rejuvenated and healed after Rae's work on him. Tyra had suffered several t muscles, a few of them having even torn. Nadine had received numerous cuts and slashes due to her martial arts fighting style requiring close proximity to the enemy. Even Rae, Death's Mistress had received a few wounds in which she called lucky blows only. But thanks to her healing magic, she had helped Blaze, Tyra and Nadine as well as the rest of the crew recovered back at full health.

Now he simply waited for the exotic dancer at his side to wake up and prayed he would see what he hoped for. Night was nearly over as the Crimson Dawn sailed away from the battlefield of Blackblood's graveyard. He just finished yawning when he noticed the succubus stir. Her sensual nude body twisted and stretched, arching her full firm breasts high against the thin blanket. Those breath-stopping emeralds opened slightly to glance about before opening fully.

"Blaze? What?... Where?" she groaned as she tried to slowly sit up, blanket slipping to reveal her large brown breasts capped by those pale nipples perfectly.

"You're fine after the ship you attacked exploded into the oblivion with you on it. You were sent sailing away and fortunately crashed back on the Crimson Dawn, where you are now," he said with a relieved grin.

Her gaze turned to look at him as she thought this over before that special smile she only gave him appeared. That was what he had hoped to see and he nearly did a back-flip in joy at seeing she was fully fine as far as he could tell. The gorgeous succubus shivered as she looked down to her bare breasts to see her nipples hardening in the sea chill.

"Why am I naked?" she said with a raised brow to him. "You didn't take advantage of me while I was out cold did you? If you did, you wait until I get you back one of these nights!"

"What? No! Kendra, I... Rae said... the clothing... and... your breathing.. and, " he stammered out in trying to explanation.

Kendra silenced him with a finger pressed lightly to his lips and a small smirk. "Just toying with you my dear stud.." she purred sexily before leaning up to kiss him with those full vanilla lips deeply.

Blaze could only embrace her tightly as he kissed her. The succubus threw aside her blanket and slid onto his lap to straddle him in all her naked glory. Moaning into the kiss, she hungrily suckled his lower lip into her mouth as her hands roamed up and down his chest. Blaze knew what this was leading to and certainly looked forward to it, but he needed to ask her one thing.

Kendra broke the kiss and leaned back from him with her arms draped about his neck. She flicked her long vanilla locks away from her face to give him a full sensual smile that hinted at her growing hunger within.

"Kendra," he started with a small hesitation before continuing. "What happened on that ship Kendra? How did you manage to cause such an explosion?"

"Explosion?" the confused succubus responded as she shook her head. "I.. I don't remember. I remember seeing the ship ready to fire on us and then... Nothing. I guess I just blacked out."

Blaze sat there for a moment as he considered this but knew in his heart and by the look in her eyes that she was telling him the truth. Kendra was the type to lie to protect herself if necessary, but not to him. He knew how passionate she was for him and there were no lies between them at this stage of their relationship together. He sighed and proceeded to tell her what happened after she blacked out.

When Blaze was finished, her green eyes stared off as cold dread and confusion filled them. She didn't remember, he realized. She didn't remember any of it and such was very unsettling to the demoness in his lap. She lifted her arms from him and gazed at her own hands searchingly.

He took her hands with his comfortingly and squeezed them softly. Her green eyes looked to his and softened before she smiled once more to him, squeezing his hands in return. The sexy succubus leaned forward to kiss him. Both cried out when they were suddenly thrown to the floor as a jarring motion shook the ship.

"What in the Abyss?" Kendra cried out as she sat there looking about. She looked around to see if Blaze was fine but didn't see him. "Blaze?"

The naked beauty looked about before she finally heard a frantic muffled shouting. Blinking as movement caught her eyes and she looked down to see flailing arms. She yelped as she realized her nice beautiful ass was sitting on poor Blaze's face! She rose swiftly and the young warrior gasped and breathed in the much needed air!

Kendra chuckled as she sensually rose to her feet and strut over to her clothing to put it on, "Nice idea for later sweet Richard. Now let's go see what that was about."

********************

Blaze and Kendra came onto a deck filled with confusion and fear as pirates ran about to check the sails, rigging and masts to see if anything was wrong. The steersman was turning the wheel in both directions to see if there was a problem with the rudder. Blaze and his friends looked about, unsure of how they could help in such confusion. He was about to ask when the twins burst out the door they had just come from.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Marissa barked loudly in demand to her crew.

"We've stopped dead in the waters, Captain Red," the steersman answered from above.

The half-lycan woman's eyes narrowed as she looked up to the Crimson Dawn's sails. The winds had finally begun to pick up in strength as they had left the battle area. The sails were still billowed out as they caught the steady wind. How could they not be moving? Already the predawn light was starting to begin its lifting of night's darkness. If they had caught on something, they should be able to see it soon.

"All available hands! I want yer bloody asses at the stern and sides looking to see if we've caught on anything now! Blaze. You and your friends come with me to the bow to help," she said as she began striding swiftly in that direction.

"But sister," Clarissa said as she caught up with her, "how could we have caught on something? There shouldn't be any land near here and the nearest reef is too far away. We checked the maps to avoid such hazards."

"I know," Marissa muttered worriedly to her sister, "That is what has me concerned..."

Their group reached the bow of the ship and looked down in the darkness as best they could with one of the lit lanterns provided by a crewman. Marissa was shocked to see that they had indeed stopped even will sails billowed. There was no wake at the front of the ship. The Crimson Dawn wasn't pushing through the water as fast as she should be. If they were moving at all, it wasn't much.

"Give me a hard to starboard," she bellowed for the steersman as she looked up from the waters. Looking back to make sure her orders had been heard, she blinked as she saw the wheel lightly spinning about on its own. What in the Dark Blue? That was a good man who never left his post.

ShadwNinjaX
ShadwNinjaX
1,347 Followers