Blood and Ice Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I would love to, but if I did and Gabriel found out the plan would fail. But after the plan has finished I would love you to be my first." He rested up on his elbows.

"You're a virgin?" he asked.

"Yes does that shock you Peter?"

"I'm a little surprised. I wouldn't have expected Lucifer's daughter to be a virgin that's all"

"Then would you be my first? I was planning on the first to be your brother but you seem to have a bit more experience." Peter laughed and got up off me to my disappointment.

"So what is your plan?" he asked. I told him what it was.

"Hmm very intelligent. I couldn't have thought of a better one myself."

We laughed and joked about for a while then I told him. "You do know that they strongly suspect that you're a spy, don't you? You really should stop snooping about the castle if you want to keep your cover."

He laughed. "Yes well I never was good at keeping secrets. Maybe you could help me?" he said.

I nodded. We headed back to the castle. On the way we were met by Jason.

"Where were you two? We couldn't find you."

Peter said, "We were taking a walk. Do you have a problem with that Jason?"

He looked taken aback.

"No it's just that my brother was looking for Lex, that's all. I was just passing on a message." Jason said.

"Thank you Jason, I'll go and find him."

Peter and I walked off toward the castle leaving Jason standing alone. Peter put his arm around my shoulders and held me close to keep me warm from the wind as it was very windy.

"Ah Lex! There you are, I was looking for you." It was Gabriel.

"Yes, Jason just told me that you were looking for me."

"I want you back in the hall by nine o'clock." Gabriel said. I nodded. I knew what the next few weeks were going to be like.

"I'll see you later Peter. I'll come and find you when I'm free, okay?"

He nodded kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll miss you. I can't wait to get you in private away from here." he whispered in my ear.

I couldn't help but giggle, but a look from Gabriel made me stop. I followed Gabriel to the council hall he sat down opposite me. "Tell me, what were you and Peter doing?" he asked.

"Why do you ask my lord?" I said being very polite.

"I think you know what I mean!"

"Jason saw Peter on top of you. What were you doing? You know that's against the law!" he said.

I knew that Jason was being a little sneak.

"We were just fooling about. We didn't do anything! I wouldn't do anything like that I know that's against the law." I said.

"Right, well you wouldn't mind proving it?" Gabriel said.

"And how would I do that?" I asked.

"Simple! A small internal examination will tell all." he said.

"Who would do it?" I said.

"It would be me. I wouldn't let anyone touch you like that." Gabriel said. "

"Okay, I would agree to that! I've nothing to hide as I didn't do anything." Gabriel took me to a private room and did the examination. At the conclusion he agreed that I had told him the truth. Peter and I had not done anything illegal.

Gabriel told me to go back to the council chamber and to get to work on the papers.

It took me the best part of three days after that to finish the papers. After I finished the papers it was sword training. Gabriel was working me to the bone. I was so glad to get to my bed each night. Jess's birthday was getting closer and closer. I didn't see Peter for about four weeks. Then, I saw him in the training hall.

"Hey Lex, how are you doing?", when I managed to steal a moment with him.

"I'm absolutely knackered! Gabriel's running me into the ground.", I said.

"It will be worth it in the end. Stick with it because I know that you'd make a brilliant general. Its tough being in the army, and to be a general is near impossible. That's why there's only been two generals before. You'll be the third." Peter said.

"Gee, no pressure there Peter!" I said.

Peter laughed.

Gabriel came into the hall.

"There will be a council in an hour. I expect you there Lex." he said.

I nodded, said bye to Peter, and then went to my room to wash and change. I didn't really like my new room. It was a lot bigger than my last room. It had a window that looked out over the lake. I had to admit the view was beautiful! The moonlight was dancing across the water like a ribbon in the wind.

I tore my eyes away from the view and headed up to the council hall. I went in. The only person there was Gareth.

"Ah, Lex! I was wondering whether you would be at council or not." he said.

"Why is that, Gareth."

"Well you must be very busy with your studies. I wasn't sure if you were allowed out."

"Gabriel insisted that I came to this council. What's it about anyway?"

"It's just about the final preparations for the princesses birthday. Will you be in charge of the security for that day, as you will have finished your training by then?"

"I'm not sure. You'd need to ask Gabriel."

People started to enter the hall. Gabriel and Jess came in last.

Gabriel spoke, "Now let's begin. As you all know, the princess's birthday is fast approaching and soon she will take over the leadership of the clan. This is a very dangerous time for her! If she were to die, we would loose the war entirely. Until she turns nineteen she's in danger. Luckily for us, and thanks to Lex, the princess of the shadow raiders is dead and that threat is out of the way. The only thing that could endanger her life is Lucifer! If only we could get him out of the way the princess would be safer. Do any of you have any suggestions regarding how to get rid of him?"

Everyone looked at each other. No one had any suggestions, but finally Gareth spoke up.

"How about an ambush at his place?"

Gabriel thought about it. "That might work, but how would we do it?" he asked.

"If we tried to infiltrate their palace and attack it from the inside, and kill as many as we can, I think it would be a good chance to see what our new general can do." Gareth looked at me and smiled.

Gabriel asked, "I think that's a good idea what you think Lex?"

"I would be glad to. Can I assemble my own team for the job?" I asked.

Gabriel thought for a few moments.

"Very well, I will allow that."

"Excellent! If you like, I could help you plan the attack." Gareth said.

"Yes, thank you. I'd like that and I'd be very grateful for your help."

"Very well. I want you to get a team of twelve together by this time tomorrow I want your team to attack by this time next week ,okay?"

In response, I nodded to Gabriel. The rest of the council was just about the security surrounding the princess. I started to think about who I wanted on my team. Peter was a must. There were a few others I wanted as well. After council I approached Peter in the training hall.

"Do you want to go on a mission with me to try and overthrow the shadow raiders?" I asked.

"I'd love to Lex, who else is going?"

"There's a few other people. Gareth's helping me plan it. I need to ask the others but I'll be glad to have you on the team."

I went to ask the other people and told them when to meet me in the council hall. Peter and I went for our supper. Jason was there. I hadn't seen him since after the day I was with Peter. I was about to give him a piece of my mind.

"Oh look Peter, it's the little sneak back to spy on us again. Watch you don't touch me or he'll go running to Gabriel." I said very sarcastically. Peter looked round.

Jason said, "Look Lex, I was only looking out for you. You deserve better than him."

Peter said, "And what would be better for her, you?"

Jason didn't say anything.

"And what do you have that I don't?" Peter asked again.

"I'm not a spy that's for one and not a brute unlike some people." Jason said.

I had a funny feeling that this was going to end in tears so I tried to intervene.

"Look Jason, I'm with Peter now. Please just accept it and walk off before you get hurt."

"You don't think I can take him, Lex?"

"I don't think, I know you couldn't take him. Peter's far stronger than you." I said.

Jason looked like he was going to faint. He just walked off. Something told me he was going to be a problem later on.

Peter and I ate our supper then went to the court hall. The people that I asked were already there. I went into the hall. Gareth and Gabriel were waiting for me.

"Lex where is the rest your team?" Gabriel asked.

"Their outside waiting. I wasn't sure if they were allowed in."

Gabriel said, "You're right. Normally they wouldn't be, but we're briefing them on the mission." I went out and told them to come in. They were a little hesitant about going into the court hall, as it wasn't normally allowed. In they all came and sat down when instructed to. Peter sat next to me.

"Now the plan is simple. you must infiltrate the shadow raiders palace and take out as many shadow raiders as you can." Gabriel said.

"My lord, if I may, would it not be better to find out what their plans are? It could save the princess' life." I said.

"What do you mean Lex?" Gabriel asked.

"What I mean is, a few of us could distract them and the rest of us get into there palace and find out what their plans are. If their going to attack us, it would be to our great advantage to know what they hoped to do." I said.

Gabriel thought for a moment.

"I think that would be a good idea Lex. Yes who will go with you into the shadow raiders place?" Gabriel asked.

"I would want Peter and Mark with me their the strongest. The rest will make the diversion."

Gabriel nodded, and said, "When will you initiate the attack?"

"As soon as possible. I think tomorrow will be best if you agree my lord. I also think you should step up security in case something goes wrong and they strike back."

Gabriel nodded. "Very well. Get your team ready for tomorrow."

I nodded, and got up. My team followed me out of the hall. We went back down to the training hall.

"I want you all in shape for tomorrow. The diversion will take place on their field. Keep in mind that some of you may not make it back!" I said.

They all looked like they would collapse.

"Very well, Mark and Peter, would you come with me please?"

I walked to the other end of the hall. "What we will be doing is extremely dangerous and we could get caught in the process. We have to get into their palace. If we get caught, they will kill us. Are you both prepared to take this risk? You can back out now and you won't be shamed in anyway."

I waited for their reaction.

"I will go with you general Alexandria.", Peter said. I smiled at him. "Me too general. I'd be honoured to fight beside you even if I do die in the process." Mark said. I was glad they didn't pull out as I didn't want to face my father and his council alone. That's for sure! I stayed with my team for a few more hours then told them all to go to bed as we had a very big day ahead of us. On my way to bed Jason met me in the corridor.

"Lex, I want to come with you tomorrow. I really think that I can help." he said.

"Jason look this mission is very dangerous you could be killed. It's already quite possible that even Peter and Mark could be killed. I wouldn't want that to happen. Anyway, Gabriel wouldn't allow you to go. Please drop it Okay?"

I walked on past him and went to my room hoping that he wouldn't knock on my door. I looked out the window. The moon was shining out on to the lake. I was so glad the snow and ice had melted but I had a feeling that ice and snow weren't far away. They never seemed to be. I didn't know where we were located on the world.

For that matter, I was even sure if I was on the same planet at all. All I knew was that in the morning I would be attacking my father and that filled me with fear! My father was a person to be reckoned with. The next morning I awoke, I quickly put on my armour, which was gold in colour, and went down to the main hall. Gabriel and Jess were already there

"Good morning Lex, how are you feeling today?" Gabriel asked.

"I'm okay. I'm just a bit nervous about breaking into the shadow raider's palace" I said.

Gabriel said, "There's one more thing that I didn't mention to you last night as I didn't want to scare the men. If you're caught, we can't get you back! You would be on your own because you are, after all, breaking into their palace. It would be different if we were fighting them on open ground. There we could bargain for you or the men. Do you understand Lex?"

I nodded. I didn't say more because the rest of the men appeared. Gabriel and Jess wished us all the best and hoped that we returned safely. We started on our journey to the fires of hell. But what most of the men didn't know was that I was so happy I was going home for a while.

12