Blood and Ice Ch. 12

Story Info
Melissa's diary.
5.1k words
4.65
12.8k
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 12 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

as always a big thanks to my editor and to you the reader.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twelve: Melissa's Diary

I followed mothers path for a few days there was no sign of Alexander or the others I had no idea where the path would take me I was having a different vision each day as if someone wanted me to follow this path.

On the third day I stopped for rest at the foot of a mountain. I decided to take mother's book out and read it. The first few pages didn't make any sense.

It was only when I got to the fourth or fifth page that I began to understand what was being said. I didn't believe it at first but then things began to make sense it said,

"They came in the middle of the night. We don't know where they came from. Father was taken along with Philip. General Lucifer is certain that we will get them back. He's so kind and caring. I just hope he knows how I feel about him because he is the one I want to marry."

I read it a few times "she must be talking about father" I thought to my self. I read on,

"Lucifer returned today with my father. Philip was killed in the fighting. Father is devastated as I'm I. He was my big brother after all. Lucifer comforted me and gave me a kiss. It was the happiest I'd ever been. I just hope it doesn't end."

I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I put the book back into my pocket and ran as I didn't want anyone to find me. I hid behind some trees and spied on who was following me, it was father!

"I thought you said she came this way Alexander." father said.

"She did, my lord. I spoke to her my self. James said she threatened him at his work." Alexander said.

"But I don't understand why she's doing this. Didn't she think that we would follow her?" father said.

I could see the tears running down his face.

"Don't worry, my lord; we will find her we will never give up until we find her!" Alexander said.

"I just want to know why she ran away; I'm I that bad of a father Alexander?" father asked.

"No, my lord, your not. She said that she needed to find something. Then she will come back. Maybe we should go back and wait for her." Alexander said.

"What on earth would she need to find so urgently that it would cause her to leave the castle?" father asked.

"It's just a thought my lord, what if she overheard what we talked about at council?" Alexander said.

"But she doesn't know anything about that." father said.

"My lord, remember what happened the last time you underestimated your daughter?"

"True, but she's my daughter. I should be protecting her!"

"I know my lord, but maybe you should trust her. I'm certain that she would never betray you. She loves you and you're all she has."

Father nodded, Alexander put his arm around father and led him off towards James and Sarah's.

I continued on towards the mountain. This time I didn't stop at all. My mother was leading me this way. Why, I didn't know but I trusted my mother. I passed a small stream so I stopped to get a drink of water.

I took mothers diary out I and skimmed through it. Most of it was about how she felt about father but one page caught my eye.

"Gabriel had attacked father again. Luckily, Lucifer intercepted the attack. I went to the library to try and find a way to kill him once and for all but I haven't found anything yet."

I read on,

"Finally I found out how to kill him you need to pierce him through the heart with the sword of shadows. The legendary sword that Alexander himself used to kill the first king of the light raiders.

If Gabriel ever came to the throne of the light raiders and conceived an heir, the only person that could kill him is the master of the shadows; the only person on our side to be able to handle the shadow. If Gabriel killed us before this person came we would all be destroyed. I told father this and he has sent people to look for the sword of shadows, and Lucifer proposed to me! I couldn't believe it I'm going to marry the sexiest guy in our clan."

It was then I knew what mother was trying to show me. She must have known the location of this sword. This is what mother wanted me to know, and this is what I needed to find. I read the last entry of her diary,

"To my darling daughter, if you're reading this it means that Gabriel has taken over. To kill him you need to find the sword of shadows, and kill him with it. I love you deeply. Please tell your father I love him with all my heart, and I always will love him. Good luck my daughter! May the gods speed you on your way.

Your mother"

I was crying when I finished reading it. This made me even more determined to get rid of the light raiders.

I set off again and reached the foot of the mountain by night time. I could see a footpath heading up the mountain face. I dug my fingers in and started to climb the path. Half way up there was a cave. I pulled my self into the cave because it was starting to get dark. I decided to rest.

When I woke the sun was shining high in the sky. I started to explore the cave. At the very back there was the marking of snakes with orbs on the wall. I drew blood and smeared the orbs with my blood. The cave wall slid away revealing a corridor lined with lit torches.

I grabbed one and started to walk down the corridor. The wall closed behind me. As reached the end of the corridor it opened up to a large circular room. In that room was a large table that had papers all over it.

I was grabbed from behind. I dropped the torch. My hands were bound behind my back, a blindfold was placed over my eyes, and I was gagged. The person that grabbed me threw me over their shoulder and took me somewhere.

I had no idea who these people were. I started to panic! If these people were loyal to the light raiders, I was in deep trouble. I started to hear voices.

The man carrying me said, "My lady, I apologise for the interruption of your dinner but I caught someone snooping about the council hall."

"Who is it Drake?", a female voice said.

"I don't know my lady." Drake said.

"Untie the prisoner and let her speak." the female voice said.

The man known as Drake set me down and untied me. I looked around the room it was filled with people I'd never seen before.

The only way I was going to get out of this was to fight. I quickly drew my sword and challenged Drake! I lunged at him he was a little taken back he stumbled and fell to the ground. As he did, more guards surrounded me. I threw my cloak off and turned face the rest of the guards. I was about to engage them when the female screamed at them to stop. They backed off.

"Since when did we become barbarians?" she shouted at them.

"She attacked us my lady." one of the men said.

"You gave her reason to, what would you do if someone bound and gagged you?" she said back.

"But she was the one snooping about!" Drake said.

"Has anyone asked her why she's here?" the female asked.

Everyone shook their heads. The female looked at me. I saw her for the first time. She was tall, very thin, with long black hair and her eyes were black as night.

"Who are you, and why are you here?" she asked me.

"My name is Alexandria I'm looking for something. I came across you by accident. I didn't mean to intrude." I said.

"What are you looking for?" she asked me.

"That depends. What side are you on?" I asked.

"Why do you ask that?"

"Well I don't know you and for all I know you could be my enemy looking for information."

She nodded. "True, we are shadow raiders. The last in fact. Lucifer was my husband"

I nearly feinted! I couldn't believe it.

"What do you mean by 'was your husband'?" I asked.

"Lucifer was executed along with the council members over eighteen years ago.", mother said.

"And what about your daughter?" I asked.

"How do you know about her?"

"I know about the shadow raiders history." I said.

"I tied to save her, but they caught her before I could get her here." she said.

"You left her in the graveyard along with your diary yes?" I asked.

"Yes, but I can't get to the diary because if we leave the light raiders will kill us and we have no where to go with my husband dead." mother said.

"Lucifer isn't dead, we have the castle back, I have your diary!" I picked up my coat and showed her the book.

"But I don't understand, only a member of the royal family can open the grave and I'm the last member." she said.

"No, I'm the last member mother!" I said.

"Alexandria!?" she said

I nodded, she ran forward. "I don't understand, how come you're alive. I got the word that you had been killed by the light raiders!"

"James and Sarah, two people that are our allies saved me and raised me as their own child. Then not so long ago Michael took me to Eithidan. We rescued father from the light raiders dungeon and reclaimed the castle. Although, if I don't go back soon father will kill me as he thinks I've ran away." I said.

"I just can't believe your alive." mother said through tears.

"Yeah, well fathers going to get a shock when he sees you! We need to get all of you back to the castle."

Mother nodded. Drake spoke up,

"How do we know this isn't a trap?"

I pulled out my grandfather's sword and threw it at him.

"Recognise it?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Melissa's father was buried with it." he said.

"I'm sure that you know that only a member of the royal family can get into the burial chambers of the royal family, so how would I get into the chamber if my mother was here and I wasn't a member of the royal family?" I asked.

He nodded and handed me the sword back.

"My apologies your highness." he said.

"More importantly how are we going to get all of you out of here with out the light raiders knowing. Do any of you have any horses?" I asked.

"Just a few. Not enough to get all of us out." mother said.

"Right, I will take you mother on my horse and send some of the council with more horses to get the rest of you. Those that have horses, follow me to the castle."

Everyone nodded. I put my cloak back on and put mothers diary back into my pocket. Mother put a cloak on and followed me out of the mountain. I told the others where to meet me and mother. I headed off to where I had Spirit tied up. It took us nearly two days getting there. When we got there mother admired Spirit.

"My, word what a lovely horse you have Alexandria"

"Thanks mother, I just hope that father doesn't kill me on sight!"

Mother laughed.

"He will be mad as hell but he loves you more than you can imagine."

"I'll get on first and you get on behind me mother."

She nodded, I mounted Spirit and mother climbed on behind me and slid her arms around my waist. Just as we were about to set off the rest of mothers council rode up. Drake was among them.

"We ride in formation! Under no circumstances do you stop if we're attacked. Keep going until you reach the castle. We must protect my mother at all costs." I said to them.

They all nodded and we set off at top speed. We didn't stop all night, but I think my mother slept most of the way. It was night when we approached the castle. I could hear the alarm being raised and I saw men riding out to meet us. I slowed down, stopped, and waited for the men to approach as mother stirred.

"Alexandria, why have we stopped?" she asked.

"Father has sent men out to us. If we try and go through them they would cut us to ribbons. It's best to wait for them, trust me!" I said.

The men approached. It was Alexander who spoke first.

"State your business, otherwise we will kill you!"

"Now, now Alexander, I thought you wanted me to come back; but if I'm not welcome I'll go."

"Alexandria?!", he said. I lowered my hood.

"Of course who did you think it was. I found what I was looking for so I've came back." I said.

"Your father is going to kill you." Alexander said.

"Not when I show him what I've found he won't." I said.

"Who are these people with you?" he asked.

"Friends! Go to the castle tell my father to go to his room I have a surprise for him." Alexander nodded.

"Damien, please escort the princess back to the castle!" Alexander said.

Alexander and the rest of the council went back to the castle.

"Lex, why did you leave? Peter took it really badly and started on the drink. He thought he had lost you for good." Damien said.

"Who's Peter Alexandria?" mother asked.

"My fiancé. I'll introduce you later." I said, mother nodded.

Damien gave a quizzical look. "I'll explain later." I said.

We set off towards the castle. When we got to the stables mother got off Spirit. I got off after her. The next thing I knew I was being smothered by someone who smelled like a drink factory.

"Lex I thought you'd left me! Thank heavens your okay." Peter said.

"Peter when was the last time you took a bath?" I said.

"I'm sorry Lex I haven't been able to think straight since you left. I thought I had lost you."

"Do me a favour Peter, go to my room and take a bath! Wait there for me!

"I'll be waiting for you Lex."

"Thank you." Mother and I headed off to fathers room. I knocked on the door.

"Enter!" I heard him say.

I opened the door and lowered my hood.

"Alexandria?!" he rushed over and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Where the hell have you been? I was worried sick!" he let go of me. The tears were streaming down his face.

"I have a surprise for you father." I went to the door and called in my mother. I stepped back, she lowered her hood and stepped into the room.

"Lucifer?!" mother said.

"Melissa? You're alive? But how?" father said he ran over and grabbed mother and sobbed into her shoulder.

Mother cried into fathers shoulder. Father lifted mother up and laid her down on the bed.

"I'll leave you two alone." I said.

They didn't seem to notice me. I went out and called out Alexander.

"Make sure they're not disturbed!" I said.

"They?" he asked.

"Yes, they! I found my mother, I need you to ask some of the council members to go back to where we found them find one of the people that came with us they should show you where to find them. But make sure that my parents aren't disturbed okay?" he nodded smiling.

"By any chance was there someone called Drake with them?" he asked.

"Yes there was, why do you ask?" he went very shy and put his head to the floor.

"If you must know, Drake and I were lovers."

"I'll send him up to you then, and get someone else to cover the door." I said.

"Thank you Lex." he said.

I went down to the stable. I called Drake over.

"Yes your highness?" he said.

"Alexander is waiting for you at my fathers room." As I said this his face lit up and he ran off to see him.

"John could you stand outside my fathers door and make sure that he isn't disturbed, by anyone!" he nodded.

I told one of the council members to go back with one of mother's council to get the rest of the people.

I went up to my room. I had to pass Alexander's room but he and drake didn't even make it to his room. They were making out in the corridor. I just walked pass and never said anything. When I got to my room I opened the door and Peter pulled me in and nearly crushed me. Thankfully, this time he didn't stink of drink.

"I missed you so much. I thought I'd lost you for good! Flash was pining like hell."

He let go of me.

"Lex, please promise me that you will never do that again!"

"Don't worry, I will never do that again, but it was necessary! you will never believe who I found."

"Who did you find Lex?"

"My mother!"

"She's alive?"

"Yes, she and some council members!"

"I can't believe this. It's amazing, but I'm glad your back home."

Peter kissed me deeply and slid his tongue into my mouth. He picked me up and placed me on the bed, slid my cloak from my shoulders and threw it to the floor. I unbuttoned his shirt and threw it to the floor.

Peter was about to remove my top when I heard,

"Ahem!" from the door.

"Peter could you give us a minute please? I want a word with my daughter."

Peter nodded and left me alone with my father. He came over and sat on the bed.

"Just answer me this question please Alexandria, and I want the truth."

I nodded.

"Did you over hear the council the night you left?"

"I over heard some thing's but not everything."

"Was that why you left?", father asked as he put his arm around my shoulders.

"I left to find the diary. But when I found it there was something else telling me that there was more to it. I kept on having visions. I followed them and they led them to mother. I'm sorry I put you through that father, I just wanted you to have the diary because I knew you didn't know how to kill Gabriel."

"Did you read the diary?"

"I did, yeah. We need something called the sword of shadows." I said.

"The sword of shadows?" father asked.

I nodded.

"Then we have a problem as we have no idea where the sword is. Did you hear anything else at council?" father asked.

"Something about turning me fully, but I didn't know what you meant by that. However, I know that you will tell me when its time for me to know."

Father gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"But that's not why you left?"

I shook my head. "Why would I leave over something I don't know about. I went to find the diary I would never leave you and this clan father. This is my home and family."

"Here, your mother wanted me to give you this."

He put mothers bracelet around my wrist.

"Are you sure father?" I

"Absolutely In the morning will you come up to my room please?"

I nodded. "I didn't know that you were a General father."

He smiled, "How did you know that?"

"It was in mothers diary. Also, who's Philip?"

"He was your mother's brother. He was killed three years before you were born, but we will talk more in the morning."

I nodded and father gave me a kiss on the cheek. When father left. Peter and I didn't get sleep much that night as he was very glad to see me.

I was rudely woken by flash jumping on my stomach.

"Look, even flash is glad to see you!" Peter said.

I laughed. "I have to go to my parents room. Father asked me to be there. I'll see you later Peter."

He nodded. I got up and got dressed.

"I love staying in your room Lex!" Peter said.

"And why is that Peter?"

"Because it has a lovely view in it!"

"Oh! ha, ha!" I threw his shirt at his face.

I got dressed and headed up to my parents room. Flash tagged along with me, she was getting big! She was now almost fully grown. I knocked on the door and went in. Father was on top of my mother.

"Oh sorry!" I said, then went back out of their room.

"Alexandria" father shouted me in.

"Sorry, I didn't realise!" I said.

"It's okay Alexandria, I asked you to come up"

Flash ran in and jumped on mother.

"Flash! get down now!" I shouted at the wolf. I pulled her off mother.

"Sorry mother, she's harmless really."

"Is she yours?" I nodded.

"She's gorgeous! When did you get her?"

"The council gave her to me for my birthday."

"Come, sit, we have a lot to talk about." mother said.

I went over and sat down next to her. Father sat next to me and they both put their arms around me.

"I never thought I would be this happy again, after the attack on the castle. Thank you Alexandria! I've never been so proud in all my life." father said.

"Thank you father"

"So Alexandria, tell me, when is your wedding?" mother asked.

"Peter and I decided on the thrirty first of october." I said.

"Have you started to plan it yet?"

I shook my head.

"Well you need to start. Its not that far away. I will help you start. What have you been doing with your time since you got engaged?" mother asked.

12