Blood and Ice Ch. 16

Story Info
The Quest For The Sword Of Shadows Part three
4.1k words
4.72
12.4k
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 16 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Sixteen: The Quest For The Sword Of Shadows Part Three

"Are you sure?" grandfather said.

"Very sure. It's defiantly the sword." I said.

"How reliable are her visions?" grandfather asked father.

"Father, do not underestimate her. She has successfully made me and Melissa look like idiots and a good few of my council men as well."

"Very well, what do you need?" grandfather asked.

"Father, I need the orbs. They're in my room. Can you get them?"

Father nodded. "Do you need anything else?" father asked. I shook my head.

"Very well. I won't be long father. Will you stay with Alexandria?"

"I will Lucifer." grandfather said.

Father headed out of the throne room. Some of the councilmen went with him.

Peter walked up to me and hugged me and whispered in my ear.

"You okay Lex?"

I nodded and he kissed me.

"Excuse me young man. What on earth do you think your doing?"

"Relax grandfather, he's my fiancé."

He didn't say anything but glared at Peter.

"We will be leaving soon. Are you coming with us?" Peter asked.

"No, I have to stay, but I will see you when I get back as I've really missed you." I pushed my self closer to Peter.

"I've really missed you to Lex." he kissed me.

Just as he did one of the men told him it was time to go. He broke away.

"I'll see you soon Lex." giving me a kiss on the cheek as he went.

I went after him.

"Alexandria where are you going?" grandfather asked.

"I need to find my horse grandfather."

"I have people who do that." he said.

"I'm sure you do, but I will find him my self." I said as I walked out.

Grandfather ran after me. Spirit wasn't far. He had stayed near to where I got off him. When he saw me he walked over.

"He's a beautiful horse, where did you get him?" grandfather asked.

"He was given to me when I found out who I was. He's carried me through many struggles." I said.

"For one so young you have been through a lot and yet you are unshaken by it. How have you stayed so steady? In all of my visions you crumbled under the pressure. It's why I told Lucifer never to have a child." he said.

"Don't get me wrong, grandfather, I have had many opportunities to join the light raiders. Do you know why I didn't?"

He shook his head. "Because as far as I'm concerned their evil. They tore my family apart, kept my father captive for eighteen years, and nearly destroyed our clan. I will never rest until Gabriel is dead and in the ground."

As I said this grandfather looked deep into my eyes. "They really hurt you didn't they." he said.

I nodded.

"They will get what they deserve. I can see that you will never rest until they have gotten that. Can I ask you one thing though?" grandfather asked.

"Sure, what?" I said.

"Your forgiveness I judged you before knowing you and I now see that I was very wrong in my judgement." he said.

"Of course anyone can make a mistake but just remember things aren't always what they seem." I said.

Grandfather smiled when I said that.

As I was mounting Spirit father made the jump and rode over to us.

"Sorry I took so long, your mother was going mad that I went back without you." he said.

"You did tell her that I was okay"

"Of course, but you know what your mother's like. Are you coming with us father?" he said to grandfather.

"Yes I will, just let me get my horse." he said as he walked away.

Father handed me a large black cloth with the orbs inside. He also handed me my cloak.

"I thought it might make carrying then easer." he said.

I nodded as I put the cloak on and tucked the orbs away in the pocket.

"Right! Which way Alexandria?" grandfather asked as he rode up and stood next to father and me.

I turned Spirit round "Just follow me." I said as I dug my heels into Spirit he sped off at top speed.

I could see father and grandfather follow me. I wasn't sure exactly where I was going but I trusted my instincts as father had told me to. We approached a forest, I was just over the edge of the forest when father yelled at me to stop. I did I turned to father.

"What's wrong father?"

Nether he nor grandfather would come any closer.

"We can't go through there Alexandria." grandfather said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's haunted." father said.

"Well if you two girls won't go I will go on my own." I said as I turned and sped off.

I pushed Spirit on. I heard the thunder of hoofs. I assumed that father and grandfather had came so I just pushed on. I came to the end of the forest in front of me was a plain of grass as far as the eye could see. I heard my mobile ring in my cloak pocket. I answered it

"yes?" I said.

"Alexandria where are you?", it was father.

"I'm on the other side of the forest are you coming?" I said.

"But Alexandria, the forest is never ending. It drives people to madness." father said.

"Well I'm standing on a plain of grass, defiantly not a forest." I said.

"Very well. It seems that you must do this on your own as we won't get out of the forest. When you get the sword, head back to my father's castle. I will wait for you." father said.

"Okay father, don't worry I'll be okay." As I hung up the phone and dug my heels into Spirit; in the far distance I could see a mountain that was where I was headed.

I had to stop a few times to let Spirit rest. It took me what felt like a few days to get to the mountain. I left Spirit at the base of the mountain and scouted around until I found what I was looking for. It took a few hours but I found it the opening. It was very small.

There was just enough room for me to squeeze through. When I did, it opened to a cave lined with torches. I followed the cave. When I got to the end it didn't open up to a plain of grass like the other one did. It opened up to a volcano. In the middle of the volcano, suspended above the lava, was a black temple very similar to the first one I found.

The only thing that was saving me from a very painful death was a very thin rope bridge. I pushed my fears aside and started to make my way across the bridge. I was shaking, terrified that the bridge would give way and I would fall, but it held. I took my time but eventually I got across the bridge.

I opened the temple door with my blood. I walked in. The temple was surprisingly cold compared to the heat of the volcano. This temple was different from the others. In the middle of the room was a platform with a stone arch. Just before the arch was a sword set in a stone block. It was intertwined with vines.

Just before I reached the sword someone pressed a sword to my chest. For a heart stopping moment I thought it was Gabriel, but I looked the person who stopped me. It wasn't Gabriel.

"What business do you have here?" he asked.

I drew my sword. "I could ask you the same question. I removed my cloak as I had a feeling I would get caught.

"So Gabriel has finally sent someone to get the sword. I wondered how long it would have been." he said.

He obviously didn't know who I was. "I'm no light raider! Who are you?"

"My name is Alexander. I'm the protector of this sword. If you're not a light raider, who are you then?" he asked me.

"Do you know of Lucifer?" I asked .

"Yes, of course I do."

"I'm his daughter!"

"That is impossible! I don't believe you." he said as he lunged at me.

I brought my shield up to block his blow; When I did I grabbed his arm and twisted sharply. He let out a yelp. I pushed him to the floor.

"Do you believe me now?" I asked.

"Let me up." he said. I let him up and he looked into my eyes.

"I have been waiting for you take the sword, but only if you promise to kill Gabriel and realise me from this prison that I'm in." he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I made a deal. The deal was that I would never rest until Gabriel was killed. I was cursed into protecting the sword. Do you have the orbs?" he asked.

"Yes I do."

"Then you really are the one! When the final battle comes you must release the army!" he said.

"What army?" I asked.

"The army of the dammed. They will only answer to the master of shadows." he said.

"And how do I do that?" I asked.

"Turn the three orbs into one. Now take the sword." he said. I stepped up.

I placed my hands on the sword; instantly the vines that bound it fell away. I pulled the sword it eased out of the stone. I couldn't believe it. I had the sword in my hands. I looked at the sword there was what looked like shadows dancing along the blade.

"Now, I give you a warning. Everyone will want this sword, but you and only you can wield it." He said, as he handed me its scabbard.

I tied it around my waist and slid the sword into it. I picked up my grandfather's sword and slid it into its scabbard as well.

"Do not worry, you will be free soon." I said.

He nodded. I put my cloak back on and left the temple. I headed back over the bridge and back to where Spirit was. Before I mounted him I phoned my father.

"Yes?" he answered.

"Father, are you still at grandfathers castle?" I asked.

"Yes Alexandria, I am. Are you on your way back?" he asked.

"Yes father, I am."

"Very well, we will be waiting for you." father said.

As I hung up the phone I mounted Spirit and headed back to grandfather's castle. It took me what felt like a few days getting there. When I reached the edge of the forest, father and grandfather were waiting for me.

"Well did you get it?" grandfather asked.

"I will tell you what happened when we get inside." I said.

Father looked at me, but I never said anything. I didn't say anything until we were all in the throne room. I could see that they were both bursting to know if had got it or not. I sat down on grandfathers throne.

"Could I possibly get food, I'm starving?"

Grandfather yelled at someone to bring up food.

"Come Alexandria, were dying to know. Did you get the sword?" father asked.

I stood up and slid the sword out.

"Of course father, would I ever disappoint you?"

Father and grandfather nearly hit the roof.

"I can't believe this. Where was it?" father asked.

I explained where the sword was and who was there. Neither of them could believe it. I ate the food that was brought up for me.

"So, when are we going back father?" I asked.

"As soon as your ready to go." father said.

"I'm ready now." I said.

"Very well I will ready the horses." father said.

Father left to get the horses ready for the jump. Grandfather put his arm around me; "please always remember that you are always welcome here! And when you're here, you will be under my protection." grandfather said.

"Thank you grandfather." I said as I slid the sword of shadows into it's scabbard.

"I am very glad I lived long enough to see the master of shadows!" grandfather said.

I went out to where father had the horses. I mounted Spirit and followed father the jump. This time wasn't as bad as the first, and before I knew it we were back home on the grounds of the castle. We slowed down to a walk.

Alexander came riding out to meet us. "Ah my lord, I'm glad to see you both alive and unharmed." he said.

"Alexander will you convene the council for me please?" father said. He nodded and left.

We went in through the stables. Mother was waiting for us. As soon as I got down form Spirit mother was smothering me with hugs.

"Mother! I'm fine! Now please get off of me before I suffocate." I said.

Mother looked at father. "I don't understand I thought your father said he would kill her as soon he saw her." mother said.

"He would have, only Alexandria wasn't what he expected! I will explain all at council." father said as he ushered me to the council hall.

I sat down next to father, mother looked thoroughly confused. Father started to talk about the history of the sword of shadows, when mother interrupted him.

"Lucifer what has this got do with what happened. We all know the history of the sword and the fact that no one has ever found it."

"Until now, Alexandria if you would." father said.

I undid the belt of the sword and placed it on the table. Everyone looked confused so I took the sword out of the scabbard and laid it on the table. It was then that every one knew what it was.

"Is that what I think it is?" Alexander asked.

"Yes, it is! It's the sword of shadows." I said.

Everyone looked at me.

"She really is the master of shadows!" Michael said.

"She is, yes! Only the master of shadows could have found all three mystics. We now must start training for the final battle as you all know it has been said that only after the sword has been found that the final battle will take place." father said.

Every one nodded. I strapped the sword back around my waist. Council didn't last much longer. Father had sent someone to get Lauren and the people that she had gathered since the final battle was just around the corner.

Father intensified my training. I was only allowed five hours of sleep a day and food would be brought up.

"I want you in the training room, now go and get changed and meet me there." Father said.

I nodded and went to my room to change, then to the training room. I had to wait for father to get there. I could hear my mothers protests as usual, but father just ignored them.

"Right Alexandria, you know how to move things now I want you to control your weapons in the same way. I will attack you and I want you to move your sword with your mind okay?" he asked.

I just nodded. I drew the sword of shadows and placed in on the floor. When father lunged at me I commanded the sword to move and it did. It was attacking father. I was starting to get a hang of my powers.

"Very good! Now throw it across the room at me.", father shouted.

So I did. I threw it at his head. If he hadn't have ducked it would have killed him. I pulled my fingers back and the sword came back to my hand with ease.

"I'm impressed Alexandria. I'm glad your getting the hang of your powers quickly, as you may need them in the final battle. Go sleep, I will wake you when I need you to resume training." father said.

I nodded and headed back to my room. When I got there I pulled out the orbs. Something in my mind told me to do this. I placed them on the bed. I lifted them into the air with my hands.

When I did I heard the door open and close again but I paid no attention to it. The orbs started to spin. I threw my hands together there was a flash of white light and instead of three orbs there was just one, bigger than all three. I let it fall back gently on to the bed.

"How the hell did you do that?", it was mother and she had father in tow.

"I don't know it just happened." I said.

"But I don't understand. Why did three become one?" mother asked. Father looked at me.

"Alexander told you to do something that you haven't told us didn't he?" father asked.

I nodded.

"I thought as much. Now get some sleep.", father said as he and mother left the room.

I didn't bother getting changed. I just lay on top of the bed and went to sleep. I don't know how long I was asleep for, but something woke me up. I knew something was wrong.

I changed into my jeans t-shirt trainers, I tied my hair. There was something wrong, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I strapped the sword of shadows to my waist. Flash wasn't anywhere to be seen. I decided to go to mother and fathers room. When I opened my bedroom door it was then I realised what was wrong. The castle was on fire!

I knew where Gabriel was so I headed to mother and fathers room. I burst through the door.

"Father!"

I shouted but father wasn't there, Gabriel was. He turned around to me.

"There won't be any escape for you this time my dear." he said as he lunged forward.

I felt a thump and everything went black. I couldn't have been out for very long but I found my self tied to father and mothers bed with rope.

"He just never learns." I thought to my self as he only tied one of my hands I pulled my sword out and cut the rope. I ran to the door but I couldn't get out because of the fire it had gripped the castle the only other way was out the balcony.

I broke the door down and ran up to the balcony. I ran about looking a way down but I couldn't see one. I saw my father and the council fighting Gabriel and his men but Gabriel was shouting at them.

"You will watch her burn and die for what she's done."

I ran to the back of the balcony I saw a way down but it was dangerous. If I fell, I would die so I took the chance I jumped and luckily for me I landed the jump. I had jumped to the servants sleeping quarters.

I opened the door that was at the far end and ran down the stairs. At the end I found my self in a long corridor. Something in the back of my mind told me that there was a secrete passage near by. I was right, it was behind a painting. I ran down it, it took me to the rear of the castle near the forest.

I ran into the forest not caring where I was going. I could hear people yelling and screaming but I didn't care I just ran. I knew that if Gabriel got a hold of the sword all would be lost. I ran right through the night, knowing of only one other place I would be safe.

It was near midday when I reached James an Sarah's. I knocked on the door James answered it his face was tear stricken.

"Lex!?" he yelled.

"Can I come in, I'm in a bit of trouble." I said.

He pulled me into the living room where Sarah was. She obviously had been crying as well.

"Have I came at a bad time?" I asked.

"No, never! You've no idea how glad we are to see you." James said.

"What happened to you. your bleeding?" Sarah said.

"The castle was set on fire. Gabriel and his men knocked me out and left me to burn." I said.

"Yes, we heard, Your father contacted us about an hour ago. He said you were dead." James said.

"Is that why you've been crying?" I asked.

They both nodded. Sarah went and got a cold cloth and wiped the blood off of my head.

"Do you have my fathers mobile number?" I asked.

"Yes we do. I will phone him for you." James said. He dialled the number.

"Is Lucifer there?" James asked. "Lucifer you won't believe what happened. Alexandria just turned up at our door." he said. "Yes it's her my lord. Do you want to speak to her?" James asked. He handed me the phone.

"Father, are you and mother okay?" I asked.

"Alexandria is that really you?" father asked.

"Yes father it is." I heard him brake down in tears.

"Father are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes its just with the castle going on fire we thought you got trapped in it. We thought you were dead!" father said.

"Father, it's going to take more than that to kill me. Do you want me to stay here or meet you?" I asked.

"Stay there! Peter and Damien will come and get you." father said.

"Don't worry father, I'm fine! Honestly! Is mother okay?" I asked.

"She's fine, she's just glad your okay as are we all." father said.

"Okay, I will see you later father." I said. As I hug the phone up Sarah handed me some food.

"You really are an extraordinary person Lex. How many times have the light raiders tried to kill you? And yet they have yet to succeed." James said.

"I'm Lucifer's daughter, would you expect anything less?" I asked.

"Certainly not" he said.

As he laughed there was a knock at the door. Peter and Damien came running in. Peter grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Are you okay Lex?" he asked.

"I'm fine Peter. Did everyone get out okay?" I asked.

"Gabriel made sure of that. you were the only one left in the castle we all though you were dead." Peter said.

"how did you to get here so fast?" I asked

"your father opened a portal to get us here faster. He doesn't normally open them unless he's going to your grandfathers, but he wants you back fast, so he's left it open for us to go back through" Damien said.

12