Blood Bonds Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Talera floated down until her feet were just above the incoming waves several yards away from him, expression serene, just waiting. With a grunt of pain, he doubled over as the change rushed over his body.

Sarah's mouth formed a perfect "O" as the light-colored fur rippled into sight all over him, his back lengthening, body bulking up, expanding, hands exploding in size, claws doubling in length. His face rearranged, growing larger, expanding as well, fangs dropping, becoming distinctly lupine. The change was almost lightning fast, leaving him not so much a werewolf in the vein of countless horror movies, but more graceful, less feral-looking, though in every way terrifying and much larger than Sarah would have thought.

In a flash, he was out of water, covering the distance with one powerful leap, a spray of sparkling silver droplets erupting in his wake. In a dark blur of movement, Talera was gone and with a sickening thud that threw up a shower of sand, she had him pinned to the beach, one hand around his massive neck, claws sunk into his throat, rivers of blood pouring out of the wounds. She crouched lightly on his giant chest like Penthouse's version of a gargoyle, wings slowly beating behind her, fangs gleaming in a sadistic smile. Her long tail was pinned clear through one shoulder, plunged deep into the dunes beneath him. With her free hand she lightly stroked the side of his face, head turned to the side, licking her lips slowly.

"Stop it!" Sarah screamed.

The demon glanced in her direction, but did not release Kevin, who had frozen beneath her, just peering up at her in shock, the crimson cast of his eyes retreating. With equal suddenness, his body returned to human form, sinking beneath her weight.

"Talera!" two male voices shouted at once.

Sarah and Ana both snapped their heads to the side, the call startling all of them. August stood near them under the palms, chiseled arms crossed over his bare chest, long blue-black hair streaming in the wind, eyes crackling with cobalt flames, regarding the two near the water with thunder in his eyes. He wore only a loose pair of white pants like Talera's that clung in the right places, his golden skin luminous in the brightening moonlight. Pershing stood at his side, shaking his head slightly, his own black waves pulled loosely in a leather thong at his nape, freed strands dancing around the dark stubble on his chin. He was dressed in a worn pair of jeans, a faded army tee that fit snugly over his defined chest and bulging arms.

With a soft rustle August unfurled his wings, raising them high, loose feathers whirling in the ocean wind. His gaze bored into Talera, some silent command hurled at her. She turned her head to peer at him out of those two pits of obsidian abyss, her expression alien in its serenity and intensity, her long hair curling around her body as if alive itself. Something terrifying seethed just beneath the surface of her calm veneer, the echoes of its throbbing power shaking Sarah at some level beyond the physical.

"Let him go," he said quietly. "You've proven your point. Now back down."

Sarah could hear her own heart pounding in her ears as Talera only regarded him, tail popping out of Kevin's shoulder with a sickening splurch, the bloodied tip flicking thoughtfully. Then slowly closing her eyes, she lowered her head, moments later vanishing into the darkness.

August glanced at Pershing, who nodded once, his expression somewhere between worry and amusement. With a glance at the two girls, August disappeared into the night.

"Kev," Sarah sobbed, breaking free of Ana's slackened grip, pushing the silken feathers aside and rushing down the beach, going to her knees at his side.

He squinted in pain, hand going to the gaping rent in his shoulder which was flooding the sand below with his blood. The gashes in his throat sealed shut in a matter of seconds, fading to faint red slashes, then disappearing entirely.

"Don't!" he growled at Sarah as she moved a hand to cover his at his shoulder. "Don't get my blood on you."

"I can't let you bleed to death!" she hissed at him.

"I'm immortal," he sighed. "This may hurt but it's not going to kill me."

"Well, it looks horrible. What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't. The Wolf was thinking for me."

"If you needed to mark your territory, why couldn't you just pee on a few trees and be done with it?"

"You're funny."

He glared up at her, wincing as he moved his arm. After a moment, his gaze flicked past Sarah.

"Guess I had that coming, huh?" he mumbled, blushing.

She turned at a light touch on her hair, sighing when she found Talera standing behind her, smiling softly through green eyes, silver hair falling over her face. Standing slowly, Sarah moved back from Kevin, letting Talera sink down beside him on her knees.

The demon didn't respond, just quirked her mouth to the side, taking his hand in her own and moving it to the side. He hissed, gritting his teeth as she lightly ran a finger around the perimeter of the wound.

"I'm sorry," she murmured, frowning.

"I expect it would have been much worse had I waited a few more hours."

She smiled sadly, taking a slow breath. Raising both hands over his face, she extended one long metal claw, drawing it across her other wrist. Blood welled up immediately, pouring down the back of her arm as she held it at an angle, gathering the back of his neck in one arm and gently moving his head onto her lap.

"Uh, My Lady," he whispered, eyes wide, the red cast sliding over them.

Saying nothing, she lowered the streaming wound to his mouth, clenching her teeth as he closed his mouth over the gash. His eyes squeezed closed, a low rumble sounding in the depths of his massive chest. His entire body violently spasmed, and she threw out a strong hand against his chest, pinning him to the ground, though she managed to hold her wrist against his lips steady.

Ana appeared at Sarah's side in a rustle of feathers and a waft of exotically-spiced air that set the mortal girl's teeth on edge, the familiar wave of lust washing over her.

"Could you not do that right now?" Sarah seethed, tearing her eyes away from the scene below her to glare at Ana.

"Sorry," the Dark Succubus breathed. "That's just... so... hot..."

Sarah rolled her eyes, shaking her head once, looking back down at the two on the sand.

With a groan, Kevin caught Talera's hand in his own, forcing her bleeding wrist away from his mouth, the look on his face saying that he would like nothing more than to continue. They all watched as the wound in his shoulder seemed to fill in from the inside, tissue knitting in seconds, leaving unmarred skin in its wake.

Kevin lay perfectly still in her lap, eyes clamped shut, breath coming in labored gasps, teeth gritted hard. Talera bent down, kissing him tenderly on the forehead, stroking his wild hair, almost petting him until he calmed down, slowly opening his copper eyes, releasing a long breath. Almost as an afterthought, Talera absently grasped her wrist, ignoring the wound.

"Thanks," he murmured. "You didn't have to do that."

"My damage. Mine to fix. I'm sorry. I let it go after you."

"I started it," he muttered, sitting up. "I know not to push you. Especially when you're tired."

"Did the Wolf get that message?" she asked, raising a brow, corners of her lush lips curling upwards.

"Oh, yeah. If there's one thing it knows, it's getting its ass handed to it. In some way I need to thank you."

"Don't even go there. I could have killed you," she said softly, eyes downcast.

"Jesus, Talera," Sarah gasped. "You're still bleeding like crazy!"

The blood was still pulsing between her long fingers, dripping steadily off the underside of her elbow onto the beach. She looked down at the wound, raising her eyebrows as if she'd forgotten about it entirely.

"Hm," she mumbled as if noting a rather interesting pair of shoes. "I hit an artery. Claws are getting a little long. I wonder..."

She tilted her head to the side, holding up the injured arm, splaying her fingers, talons emerging. Narrowing her eyes in concentration, she stared at her fingertips. For a long few seconds, nothing happened, then slowly, the claws extended another inch and a half, glinting cruelly in the moonlight.

"That's new..." she laughed almost drunkenly, withdrawing the metal again.

"Are you crazy?" Ana asked, going down on her knees, clamping her hands tightly around the wound.

"That's what they tell me," Talera murmured, giving them a grin.

"Doesn't that hurt?" Sarah asked, kneeling as well.

"Not really, no," the demon said with a shrug. "My pain centers are turned off for the most part."

You're gonna bleed to dea—" Sarah began but was cut off, by the creature's shake of her head.

"Relax," Talera commanded, meeting her eyes. She pulled her arm gently from Ana's grasp, holding it up for them to see. The blood streaming out of the wound slowed, then gradually stopped.

"Stopped your heart. Nice trick," Kev muttered, shaking his head ruefully. "How long can you hold that?"

"Long enough," she replied, standing on uncertain legs. "Dinner is ready up at the main house... for those of you who still eat."

Ana laughed lightly, turning as Pershing came down the beach to meet them.

With a rush of wind, three more people appeared behind Ana. Lessa squealed when she saw the newly-changed demon, throwing her arms around the succubus' neck and kissing her hard on both cheeks. She eyed Kev warily, then shook her head. Sarah recognized Andrew from the other night, nodding at him, her eyes once again roaming over his golden eyes and long gilt hair. The man with them, to whose side Lessa returned, gripping his arm, was a study in silver next to Andrew's golden presence. His hair was, as nearly everyone else's, long and hung in a shimmering silver veil nearly to his waist. His eyes were a pale reflective grey that glowed faintly with white light, his skin pale and luminous.

"Everyone pay attention, because I'm only making introductions once," Talera said, striding to the center of the circle, accepting the quick kiss Lessa planted on her cheek. "Many of you know each other, but for those of you who are unacquainted, listen up. Raise your hand when I call your name. You can find out each other's histories on your own time."

"You're gonna pass out," Andrew snickered with a knowing smile. "That's why you're in such a hurry. You want me to heal that for you?"

"Stuff it, goldeneye," the demon growled, giving him a grudging smile. "Lessa."

The Italian girl stepped forward briefly, flashing all of them a brilliant smile.

"Visarius."

The silver being bowed lightly, winking at Ana, who gaped at him.

"Andrenin."

Andrew raised his hand like an over-eager schoolkid who knew the answer to the math problem.

"Smartass. You did raise your hand, though, not like the rest of you rejects."

The others laughed, but waited for her to continue.

"Pershing."

The Lycan lifted one hand marginally, eyeing the newcomers, though it was obvious he knew all of them.

Talera ran through the remaining without further comment. When she finished introducing Kevin, her expression looked strained, her eyes flickering to black and back.

August appeared at her back in a streak of cobalt light, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist, nuzzling the side of her neck. She closed her eyes momentarily, her poker-face softening immediately, smiling lovingly, touching her cheek to his, her hands covering his. They held that position for a few seconds, Talera leaning back into him, letting him support her tenderly.

"And Ash'Tine," she added to the rest of them, face hardening again. "Okay, you have three hours. I'll meet you all at the big house then. Andrew, if you don't mind?"

"Not at all," he said, bowing lightly to her. They all fell into step behind him, following him up to the main house.

Sarah turned at the hand on hers as she reached the cover of trees. Ana put a finger to her own lips, motioning for silence, Lessa mirroring the action. The others disappeared into the undergrowth towards the center of the island.

Sarah followed the two girls' gazes back down towards the water, smiling softly at what met her eyes.

Talera had turned in August's grasp, kissing him tenderly, genuine feeling obvious in her stance, the way she stroked his hair, collapsing into his strong chest. In the bright moonlight, Sarah could see tears standing in the demon's eyes, one breaking free and escaping down her cheek before the vampire smudged it away with his thumb, kissing the spot where he'd stopped it.

*

"Why do push yourself like this?" Ash asked, stepping back slightly, taking her injured wrist in his hand.

"I love them," Talera said simply, sniffling back more tears.

"I know that," he said softly, cradling the side of her face in one big hand, smiling when she pressed her pouting lips to his palm. "But you risk too much. You're not invincible."

"I'm aware of that, old man," she murmured, sniffling again, smiling at him, her emerald eyes crinkling. With a sigh, she let her heart loose once more, the blood seeping out of the wound and flowing down onto his fingers.

"Seriously, though, Ash," she said after a moment, her face going paler than ever. "I'm gonna pass out in a few seconds..."

"Yeah, I know," he teased. "Imagine how thrilled Andrenin would be if I let you..."

"You wanna fight now?" she challenge, glaring at him, humor in her dark eyes.

"Such a waste," he whispered, shaking his head at her.

She only smiled at him, hissing with pleasure as he brought the wound to his lips, sucking gently at the pulsing stream. He let his fangs drop, sinking them into the soft skin of her wrist with two low pops. A deep moan vibrated in his deep chest, thrumming through her quivering body.

"Ah, I don't want you to stop," she sighed when he released her, licking the three wounds like a giant sapphire cat until they healed shut.

"Only a little more time," he said, leaning in to kiss her deeply, his sharp teeth retracting before they cut her eager tongue. He could feel her own unused canines scratch at his tongue, making his blood boil in anticipation.

"Let's go work off some of this lust," she whispered into his ear. "I don't want to make a scene when we get to the ceremony."

He chuckled at her, cobalt flames simmering deep in his slanted eyes. Kissing her again, he closed his eyes, the thrill of excitement making him tingle all over as she pushed them into the shadows, the beach fading out of existence around them.

*

"Holy shit," Ana gasped. "She took him with her that time."

"I've never seen her do that before," Lessa said, shuddering slightly. "I knew she could but... it's unsettling, no?"

"Nothing fazes me anymore," Sarah said with a shrug. "They are so beautiful together."

"He's the only who makes her melt," the Italian said wistfully, staring at the empty stretch of beach for a long moment before shaking herself out of her reverie. "So, obviously a lot has happened over the last couple of days. Tell me all about it."

"First, tell me something," Ana said, a sly smile on her violet lips. "Who is that gorgeous creature you had on your arm?"

"That's MY Sire," Lessa said, smiling proudly. "Beautiful, yes?"

"Beyond," Sarah noted, grinning.

They continued chatting as they turned and made their way up the path towards the main house.

**

Pershing stopped at the edge of the waves, taking a deep breath. After the amount of Hunting he'd done the other night, he was still brimming with energy. Going for a jog on the beach seemed like a good way to take the edge off, but so far, he was barely out of breath despite nearly circling the island at a near run. He tossed his shirt to the side, preparing to wade into the surf. Maybe swimming around it would be better since he wasn't overly fond of the water. There was still a little time until he had to meet back up with everyone at the main house to start the ceremony.

A soft wolf whistle— the name always made him smile— made him turn, scanning the trees behind him, eyes narrowing. The bright moonlight made it difficult, even for his eyes, to peer into the darkness beneath the palms.

The sudden subdued violet flare caught his eye, the scent of succubus wafting over him a second later, and his attention zeroed in on the edge of the trees. A big palm had been somehow warped years ago so that ten feet up the trunk it began to grow nearly horizontally in the direction of the waves. Halfway across the level trunk, long legs swinging like a kid, Talera's new plaything sat, wings half-mast behind her, eyes fixed on him, head cocked slightly to the side, long straight hair floating around her in the breeze.

Damn, but she was fine.

Of course, what Succubus, Dark or not, wasn't? Hell, he didn't go for men, and Ash was even appealing enough to him that he was more than a little concerned about getting drunk in the incubus' presence. Talera had picked a set of hot ones for her little harem. Those Asiatic features had not gone to waste when this one was created. The purple of the Dark power became her, the color of her hair fitting with her tanned skin. She'd dressed since he'd first laid eyes on her on the beach. Sort of. She wore only a red string bikini top and almost nonexistent wrap around her waist that barely covered her ass when she sat, no doubt wearing nothing beneath it.

"Evenin,'" he drawled, leaving the shirt and making his way up the beach to peer up at her. "Ana, right?"

They had been briefly introduced earlier when Talera had run through everyone's names before leaving with Ash'Tine to do God-knew-what in preparation for the Turning. He'd watched her during Andrew's little speech at dinner, preparing them for what lay in store for all of them during the ceremony. She was completely caught up in this new world, enamored of the entire situation despite the danger.

She smiled down at him, nodding.

"Blowing off some steam?" she asked. Her voice wasn't as deep or velvety as Talera's, but it was sexy nonetheless, having a faint flavor of New York, a hardness to her tone that gave her a street-smart image in his head, a femininity that her Creator's tended to lack.

"Yeah, I'm all keyed up," he said, shrugging.

He bent his knees and sprang up to land lightly on the trunk, settling down beside her, letting his legs dangle as well, the thick trunk unexpectedly sturdy.

"You seem to be handling this well," he noted, looking her up and down, raising a brow.

"What?" she asked, delicate face quizzical.

"Mortal to goddess in ten flat."

She laughed, lowering her eyes. "Trust me, with my life, this is nothing. What's your story, wolf-boy? You don't seem like an Ancient."

"Nope, I'm twenty-eight."

"And Alpha already? You got a good start in life."

"I can kick some ass if need be. My Clan is cool, though. Not as tradition-bound as some of the others. Which is funny if you consider that we're the oldest living one."

"That's probably why you're still around and the others get themselves disappeared."

He regarded her thoughtfully, then huffed a laugh, nodding in agreement.

"You want help working off some of that excess energy?" she asked after a moment of silence, turning to look up at him through the veil of her hair, violet eyes burning in the darkness.

"You serious?" he replied, dark brows coming up in surprise.

Hell, she is what she is, his mind retorted, kicking him for not catching on sooner.

The luscious grin that stole across her lips said that she was dead serious. With a lusty chuckle, he bent down, touching his lips to hers lightly. The thrill of passion shot through him as expected. Not as overpowering as Talera, but enough to stir his cock immediately. Running a soft hand from his knee up to his crotch, she caught the growing bulge firmly, stroking him through his shorts. He hissed through his teeth, attacking her mouth with his own, invading hers with his rough tongue, feeling her silky lips submit to his.