Blood Moon: Lucian's Story Ch. 07

Story Info
Finale. Last fight and a happy ending.
2.5k words
4.57
17.4k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kiryn wasn't sure how she had made it out of the castle without drawing attention to herself, or how she had slipped through the halls with no one noticing her. But that didn't matter right now, what did matter was getting to Darthax before he did anything that would cause more problems than there already were. If what Lita had said about him continuing his work even after she was dead, that meant that she would have had to have given him something that would allow him to stay manifested in this realm. That also meant that he would be harder to send back to his place in Hell and if it came down to it she would have to kill him.

A small shudder ran up her spine as she continued to walk along the dirt road, the long black skirt she wore covered only her front and her back, thin chains that started at just above mid thigh held them together. Her top was nothing more than a tank top and over that a leather jacket. The only weapon she carried with her was a sword that was strapped to her back and was hidden by her clothing and hair. She wondered vaguely about Lucian and if the concoction she had made would help him, but then she shoved the thought from her mind needing to focus on what lie ahead of her.

Her body was completely tense, ready for a surprise attack at any moment. What she got was not an attack but was a surprise nothing the less. Darthax stood waiting for her in the middle of the road, his once handsome face twisted into something that was close to blood lust but was not the same. His eyes darted left and right as if expecting someone else to appear and relax slightly when he realized that no one was.

For her part Kiryn stayed tense, not sure what tricks she would have to expect now that Darthax had no master and she was alone. When the large man took a step towards her she stepped back, not wanting to be close to the monster that could tear people to pieces with one hand. He stopped and looked at her, his head tilted slightly to the side, puzzlement in his eyes.

"You killed my contract holder didn't you? So why are you so scared that you are taking a step back?" Darthax asked his voice surprisingly calm for such a normally crazy man

"She already warned me that you will still finish whatever she contracted you to do after her death. I just want to be cautious." Kiryn said

Darthax laughed the sound more like a rumble of thunder than an actual laughed and for some reason Kiryn felt like backing up again.

"She really did spoil the surprise then. I guess there is no reason for me to continue to try and be polite any more since you know."

Kiryn was ready for him to move; even so she was barely able to move out of the way as he rushed her. The dagger he held still sliced across her arm drawing blood, leather the jacket sleeve with a long slash through it. Moving quickly she pulled the sword from her back and spun around quickly her eyes locking on Darthax's. He smiled slightly as he saw her, a small tip of the lips, but a smile none the less.

"Do you really think that you will be able to beat me?" Darthax asked his voice more rushed than before, almost like he was at the end of his control.

"I intend to." Kiryn replied as she continued to watch him

Something was wrong, and she could feel it. Darthax's energy was off, as if something was wreaking havoc within him even as he fought her. She dodged to the left as he rushed her again, swinging her sword as she went, the blade leaving a long gash across his back. Blood welled up from it as Darthax released a howl of fury and rage, the bright blue orb that suddenly appeared in his hand had her cursing under her breath as she dropped down and rolled away. The place where she had been standing vibrated with electricity as the orb hit the ground, the shock making her body vibrate.

Whispering words in an ancient tongue Kiryn called upon the energy within her creating a small barrier between herself and whatever other magical attacks would be launched next. Darthax was staring at her again, his eyes darting around to the sides as if he was still nervous and an idea entered her mind. She moved slowly and grabbed a rock from the ground, and went to the right, throwing the rock to the left. Darthax turned to the left and she rushed in, the sword digging deep into his thigh as she spun around, digging a gouge into it.

Kiryn smiled as she continued her attack and retreat plan and within minutes Darthax was riddled with slices, yet the man showed no signs of going down or even weakening. She wondering slightly if maybe she had underestimated his strength, or perhaps it had something to do with the odd golden chain that he wore around his neck. She noted that it had a disk shaped pendent and held the crest of the LeSabor family on it. A thought that was truly terrifying pushed its way into her mind and she almost hoped that it wasn't as it was.

"That necklace, it ties you to this castle and its grounds doesn't it?" Kiryn asked

"That woman wanted to keep me close until I could finish the job. I can't go any further than this or something terrible will happen."

Darthax admitted as he continued to look around, his movements becoming more jerking and much less like the man that struck fear into people. His words struck a chord in her though and they made things a little easier. Every amulet had a weak point and if this one had a limit on how faraway it could go, then all she would need to do is drive him back just a few feet. Kiryn looked at Darthax who had yet to truly move a bit and wondered if she would live through this.

Kiryn lifted her sword again and slowly moved forward a step drawing Darthax's attention again. She stopped and stared at him clenching the rock that was in her hand, watching as another pulsating globe grew in his hand. Waiting just a moment longer, she lobbed it behind him, but he didn't fall for it this time. The electrical energy from the orb hit her hard, her entire body jerking as the volatile and dark energy slid over her. A small cry left her lips as her skin split in some places and blood ran in rivets from the wounds.

"I told you, you cannot win this." Darthax said

Kiryn had fallen to her knees, the oppressive energy staying with her, pain slithering through her mind. She glared and a low growl left her as she tilted her head to the side and tried to stand, but the energy grew in strength until she went back down again.

"Do you give in?" Darthax asked

"She does not."

Darthax spun around at the new voice and Kiryn looked as well, surprise crossing her features as she took in Lucian's face as he stood beside his brothers. She wondered for a moment how he knew she was here, but they were mates and it seemed the LeSabor men could always find their other half.

"What are you doing here? She told me she came alone." Darthax cried as he took a step back

"She did and that is something that I will deal with later." Lucian said as he nodded to Malachi who moved over next to Kiryn

Kiryn looked up at Malachi as the electrical feeling left her and she fell limp against him.

"How is he..." Kiryn started but her strength deserted her

"Apparently your antidote works quicker than you anticipated." Malachi said as he lifted her into his arms.

Lucian watched as his brother carried Kiryn and pushed down the feeling of anger that immediately welled inside him. He knew that he deserved for her to be scared of him, he hadn't been able to keep Darthax from his mind and had caused her harm, but he intended to fix that tonight. Returning his attention to Darthax he took the man in and felt nothing but contempt for the creature that though strong, was obviously not in his right mind. The once great warlock shivered now and stood less tall than he once had. This man had caused him to hurt his mate, had caused pain to his sister in law, and that was something that he could not allow to happen again.

Lucian moved forward, for every step he took Darthax took one back and a small laugh escaped Lucian. He turned slightly and looked over at Kiryn who was now standing on her own and moved to stand next to Lucian. She looked at him for a moment, her eyes watchful yet no fear was in them.

"This is the second time that you have come to my rescue." Kiryn said gently

She held her hand out to Lucian and though her could tell that she didn't trust him as she once had, he was simply happy that she was giving him at least this. Lucian took her hand and he felt her pulling on her own strength and he pushed his own into her. He had been terrified at waking and finding out that not only had she saved his life then left to fight Darthax on her own had nearly made him crazy. He had left immediately with only his brothers with him and he had truly feared that she would be dead when he found her. Yet she was alive and though injured, she was still willing to fight.

Kiryn closed her eyes and pushed aside her distrust of Lucian, allowing his strength to become hers as she called to the elements around her, the wind picking up in intensity and the ground rolling beneath their feet. Darthax became even more pale, if such a thing was possible and she smiled darkly at him as her eyes flashed.

"Darthax, you have been charged and found guilty for murder, rape, and treason. You have been charged and found guilty for misusing magic and entering another person without permission, for these crimes you will be punished." Kiryn said though the voice wasn't only hers.

Generations of her ancestors followed through her, each one adding their voice to hers. She shivered a bit and felt Lucian's hand tighten on hers and she smiled despite the pain the was spiraling through her body. She pulled on Lucian's energy some more and looked at Darthax her eyes slowly darkening.

"This wasn't supposed to happen!" Darthax shouted

Kiryn smiled and lifted her hand, white light starting to grow in intensity from the palm and Darthax covered his eyes trying to escape it. A long cry left him as the light pushed him back and a loud metallic snapping could be heard, and the amulet fell to the ground. Darthax clutched at it but it fell through his fingers and turned to ash before it hit the ground.

They all stood there and watched as the once great warlock fell to his knees his body slowly shriveling and fell away, leaving nothing but clothing in his place. Kiryn looked at Lucian and smiled brightly as she slowly fell downwards her energy gone. Lucian caught her and held her against him as he looked into her eyes worried.

"It is over now, you are free." Kiryn said tiredly.

"No, we are free. You saved all of us." Lucian said as he smoothed a hand over her hair

Kiryn studied him for a moment and she felt the pull of the tie between them, knowing it was strong and not to be severed. She still didn't trust him completely but she was willing to try.

"You have a lot to make up for." She warned him

"And I will spend all of eternity doing so." Lucian said

Kiryn nodded her head and smiled a bit as her head fell back and her eyes slipped closed.

Preamble

Kiryn woke slowly and lifted her head glancing around the large chamber she was in. It had been over a year since they had defeated Darthax and while the damage he had done to them all was still being repaired, she felt more comfortable around her mate and the rest of the family. Malachi had made sure that she had her own room until she felt comfortable being in the same one with Lucian. For his part he was working very hard to show her how sorry he was and if she would have let him he would have cooked her every meal and do her laundry.

She rubbed a hand over her face and got dressed quickly, rushing down to the dining hall for breakfast. She entered just as the last of the plates were being set on the table and she went to her chair sitting down and nodded her head to Malachi. She didn't see Lucian at the table and felt a bit disappointed but he had been doing his best to make sure she was comfortable and in doing so had avoided breakfast with them several times.

A hand covered her eyes and lips pressed against her cheek and she jerked the hand awa and smiled up at Lucian who was behind her chair.

"I didn't think you were going to come." She said

"Well I can't make you like me more unless I am around." Lucian said chucking

Kiryn smiled as Lucian seated himself next to her and she glanced at Malachi who was watching his brother closely. She watched as Malachi shook his head a bit as he sipped his drink.

"Kiryn why don't you just give up on him and come with me?" Malachi asked

She laughed at the same line that Malachi had kept giving her and shook her head gently.

"I couldn't do that to your mate. You will be meeting her soon."

Malachi glanced at her than at Lucian who shrugged. He sighed and shook his head waving his fork at his brother.

"You better treat her right Lucian because on false move and I will sweep her away."

Lucian looked over at Kiryn who was smiling at him much the same way that she had when they had first met. He had been scared that he would never see that look again and was pleased that he finally had it back. She was still leery of him but every day they were getting closer to returning to where they had been.

"I will spend the rest of my life keeping her happy I assure you." Lucian said

Kiryn smiled secretly at Malachi who inclined his head and she looked at Lucian who was staring down at her. She reached up and pulled his head down to hers to give him a kiss.

"You better do just that." She said and everyone around that table laughed.