BloodBorne Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers

"Xion can stay in Giles' room and you-"

"Xion stays with me," Xan said to Alexis. While appreciative of their hospitality, there was no way in hell Xion was staying in a room by herself. At least this was happening during the summer; Xion didn't have to miss school.

"Very well," Alexis said. He looked at his brothers who didn't seem to have any objection, and nodded toward Liam. "Liam will show-"

"What the fuck, Lex?"

"Liam will show you the way," Alexis repeated. His voice was forceful, authoritative.

Liam groaned in frustration before moving to Xion and lifting her in his arms. He didn't bother to look at Xan or even make sure he followed behind. He simply marched toward the steps and took them two at a time.

"Could you be more mindful of what you're doing?" Xan fought the urge to grab for Xion for fear of causing Liam to drop her. The man looked to be on the war path, which was fine -- as long as Xion was out of his arms.

"Could you shut the fuck up for five minutes?"

"Listen, asshole-"

"No, you listen." Liam turned at the top of the staircase to look down at the insolent child foolish enough to think he could stand up to him. "You are the one in trouble. Your ass is on the line. You need my help. Start acting like it."

"Just as soon as you get that stick shoved up your ass out."

Yet again, Liam could only be impressed by the boy's gall. "I really should kick you down the fucking stairs."

"Promises, promises. You going to stand there and threaten me all fucking night or are you going to show me to my room so that I can get my sister settled?"

Just as Liam was about to say something to put Xan in his place, Xion squirmed in his arms. He shifted her and gently patted her back to soothe her and became satisfied when she instantly relaxed. He glanced at Xan and frowned at his shocked expression.

"Who'd have thought," Xan murmured.

Liam only turned and continued walking. He frowned again as he realized that he had a growing respect for the boy, and it wasn't only because he was brave enough to stand up to him. Massive amounts of strength were needed to do the things Xan did. Liam remained quiet as he led the way to Giles' room but became slightly disappointed when Xan said nothing to prick his temper. It wasn't often that he met anyone who could take him on.

Xan couldn't say anything as the impossible wealth of the house was silencing. The hall's rich crème walls were adorned with intricate oil paintings and antique tapestries. The marble floor was covered with what Xan thought was an Aisan rug that fit the atmosphere of the hall nicely. Bronze chandeliers hung from the arched ceiling and made the hall look like the ceiling of an old church. Various pieces of art covered randomly placed tables. The place looked like a museum. It wasn't possible to even dream about such wealth. Xan didn't want to look inside when Liam opened the bedroom door. Not like there was any choice; Liam pushed his way into the room to place Xion on the bed. "I'll get our bags in the morning."

"Don't worry about it." Liam quickly walked out of the room and stood just outside of the entryway. Xan looked up at him with expectant eyes, almost as if daring him to say something. "Get some sleep. There's much to get done in the next twenty-four hours."

"No shit."

"Don't you ever get tired of the attitude problem?" Liam could only stare blankly at the door that was abruptly shut in his face. The nerve of that little son of a bitch. He was tempted to storm in and beat some respect into the insolent boy, but he was only able to smile at Xan's gall. He turned on his heels and walked back to his brothers, shaking his head as he fought the urge to laugh. In less than twelve hours he'd been argued with, insulted, and nearly attacked by the same person he now had to protect. How did shit like that happen? Yes, the life he led meant that crazy and unbelievable things happened. But this...

As he shuffled down the stairs, Liam happened to glance down and stopped as he looked at his hands. Pale, porcelain fingers led to paler palms. He turned his hands over and stared at the blue-tinted veins etched beneath his skin. He'd always been on the pale side, but he'd never been so bad. He needed to start going out during daylight hours again. "Son of a bitch," he mumbled. He was actually listening to the little shit. On a sigh, Liam continued his descent down the stairs and stormed into the solarium where his brothers sat waiting. They all focused their attention on him. It was obvious that they waited for him to address the issue at hand. Liam took his place near the fireplace before speaking. "Obviously, I have no fucking clue what Sherlaine wants."

"Which is why they're here," Draco replied. He steepled his hands beneath his chin as he stared at the blazing fire his brother stood next to. "You know he never reveals his agenda until the last possible minute."

Liam nodded silently as memories flew to the forefront of his mind. Sherlaine had a specific mode of operation, and it was imperative that they figure out what it as before anyone else died. "The child has something he wants."

"What makes you think Xion-"

"No, not Xion," Liam interrupted. Draco would think that he referred to her. "Her jerk-off brother."

"Liam, dude, he'd hardly a kid."

"But they need our protection nonetheless," Alexis cut in. He sat forward in his seat regarding his brothers. "Whatever Sherlaine is up to is obviously a threat. He'll hit hard, and most likely fast."

"At least we know he's back in the picture," Draco commented. That bit of shock value was now lost.

"Now it's all a matter of getting him out of it before Xan gets hurt."

Upstairs, Xan carefully paced the length of the moonlit room, desperately trying to keep things together. Pogue was dead. Xion was ripped out of the only home they'd known and now they both had to rely on a group of brothers Xan wasn't very confident in. Mierda! How exactly were they planning on getting rid of this Sherlaine character? Obviously, they had to find out what he wanted first. Then the ball could get rolling.

Xan perched on the window seat and wondered if Sherlaine was the reason for Pogue's death or if it was a result of their cheating. Xan hoped it was the first. To think that their stupid idea... The horrible lump forming had Xan swallowing hard. Pogue was dead. Cut down right outside the fight they'd rigged. Xan wanted to take it back. Xan needed to take it back. There was no one else in the world like Pogue. No one-

Xan heard the hard, choking breaths and started to get up. A moment later, the realization that the sounds were internal hit. Unbelievable pain formed from deep within and emanated throughout Xan's shaking body. Hot, burning tears streamed as gut wrenching sobs took over. What was expected now? How would life go on without Pogue? Xan wrapped shaking arms around weak knees that were tucked to the chest and buried a tear-streaked face within them. Silence was needed; Xion didn't need to wake up to this. She had to be protected. A glance at her sleeping form told Xan that it was still safe to mourn, safe to let the pain out. "I'm sorry Pogue. So sorry."

Xan rocked back and forth in a move of self-comfort as a plan began to form. Pogue would be avenged. Even if it wasn't Sherlaine's doing, every living Dickindron demon would pay for what happened at the Dymos. If it was the last thing Xan ever did, they would all pay.

But for tonight, right now, Pogue would be mourned.

* * * * *

Haunting blue eyes probed and searched, sending shivers of fear. Malicious intent was behind those eyes. The thunderous pounding of a heartbeat raised anxiety, shooting bolts of fear through the dark void that was impossible to ignore. A pleased laugh laced with malevolence cut through the deafening thud of the racing pulse. One word, full of promise and foreboding indicated the trouble to come.

"Soon."

Xan jumped up and nearly fell off of the window seat. A foot slammed onto the ground to maintain balance. The harsh light of the sun streaming through the window gave Xan the opportunity to survey the room. There was appeal in the olive green walls, especially considering the fact that the only thing adorning them was a simple wall sconce. There wasn't much furniture in the large room, simply a bed, an armoire and the night tables perched on either side of the bed. An expansive rug was set on the ground at the foot of the bed and somehow made the room look balanced. There was a very Zen feeling about that rug. A modest ceiling fan rotated slowly, ventilating the room. A simple bathroom was nestled behind the door next to the closet. The craving for a hot shower consumed Xan. A quick glance at the bed made it obvious that Xion wasn't in the room. In her place was a sheet of paper with one of her obscure drawings. Xan walked to the bed to pick up the sheet of paper and couldn't help but smile at the simple downward arrow strategically placed beside a series of zig-zagging lines formed to look like a staircase. "Downstairs." Apparently the simple word wasn't enough. Xan was tempted to storm downstairs to find her, but couldn't ignore the call of a shower. Five minutes wouldn't hurt anyone. In and out, and the Xion would be checked on.

Decision made, Xan quickly stripped, throwing last night's ensemble on the bed. Less than a minute later, a blazing shower was turned on and almost burning water soothed slightly sore muscles. Memories of the nightmare sent shocks of fear tingling down Xan's spine. What was that about? It felt so real, so... terrifying. Those eyes were just so...

Xan grabbed the bar of unscented soap and quickly washed in an effort to ward off the haunting memories of the dream. Shaking hands placed the bar of soap on the holder before comfort was sought in the hot stream of the shower. Time was being wasted, Xan realized and soon, the calming shower was ended. As the knobs controlling water flow squealed to a stop, there was a faint tapping sound. "Someone really needs to check this thing... Oh hell." No towel. Xan peered through the glass shower after wiping some steam off, hoping that there was at least one useable towel around. Of course, there was no towel present in the black and while tiled bathroom. At least the floor was something to look at; the checkered pattern gave the room a sense of whimsy and balanced out the plain look of the white walls. "Air dry it is." A sigh escorted Xan out of the shower and bathroom. The feel of the plush carpet that went from the bathroom to the bedroom drew attention. There were no patterns, but it was nice and it matched the rug nicely.

"Holy fuck."

Xan snapped to attention at the sight of Liam standing at the door with the two emergency bags shoved into the car last night. With narrowed eyes, Xan watched as Liam's eyes went from the clothes strewn across the bed and back. His face went from ghostly pale to flushed red at what he saw. "You ever heard of waiting to be told to come in? Probably not, considering the fact that you don't understand the meaning of knocking."

Liam watched in horror as Xan placed frustrated hands on scarred hips. Hips that concealed a startling surprise. His eyes traveled up a long and firm torso, corded with delicate muscles that accentuated moderately pert lumps that obviously weren't masculine. Liam focused his gaze on Xan's expectant face before moving back to the bed. Shirt, pants, no underwear, and bandages. Only, they weren't bandages. "You wanted to keep them down."

"What in the fuck are you talking about?"

Liam's attention snapped back to Xan, who'd shifted to cross arms over the chest he'd regarded. As much as he hated to believe it, there was no denying the truth standing right in front of him. "You're a woman."

purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers
12