Bobbi on a Mission

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Bobbi," called Sue, sounding a little desperate.

"No it's okay," Thomas said. "No one has spoken to me so forcibly like this. It came as a shock but Bobbi's right and she went through college with Maria so would have had opportunity to appraise her."

"I shouldn't be interfering."

"No it's okay really."

"Thomas are you dating regularly?"

"No just the occasional old friend who comes forth feeling sorry for me and introduces me to someone."

"Do I appear to be sorry for you?"

"Hell no," he grinned.

"Then date me, that's why you're here isn't it?"

"Actually I come here for dinner every third Saturday."

Bobbi slapped a hand over her mouth and cried oops.

"I just thought dear Sue was..."

"No and I wasn't even told you were in town. I met Brian as usually for a couple of beers at a bar one street over and he made no mention of you being here."

"God what an embarrassment I am. Sorry everyone."

"Brian we all need a drink," Sue cried. "And yes Bobbi I invited you to dinner tonight knowing Thomas would be here but I didn't tell anyone about that er coincidence."

Bobbi said, "Oh yes, that coincidence. My wine please Brian; I'm in need of it."

Bobbi then volunteered to put the children to bed because she'd stayed up to see her.

"Have you any idea what to do?"

"Um no Sue apart from the basics."

"Go with her Brian and tell her what to do. Thomas come with me to the kitchen and sit while I fill you in about my best friend."

Bobbi wondered if the lack of performance in bed was the reason why Thomas' wife had left him.

CHAPTER 2

At Bobbi's request, Luke Harris called a special meeting of the board to receive the CEO's restructuring plan.

Luke was a public accountant and tax specialist, deputy chairman Lucille Rogers was an attorney and the third outside director Mark Banks was a business analyst. The two company directors appointed by Harry Joyce were his wife Pearl and Mike Moretti, director of account servicing and planning.

Bobbi had worked closely with Luke, who was still sore at her for firing his son Charlie. She'd found Mark hugely useful in helping her with her restructuring plan and new business plan.

"You want the board to raise $2 million capital? Lucille said in disbelief.

Bobbi smiled bleakly. "Yes because I have no business track record in this town and therefore no credibility to be the person to approach lenders."

"And you want to trim and adjust and downsize our operation and move into much more expensive premises?" her mother asked.

"Yes mother. Perhaps Mark should explain this to avoid me being a henchwoman working in isolation."

"Bobbi used me as a sounding board as she's entitled to do with me as a director when she worked on her framework for restructuring," Mark said. "Then she hired me to go through every aspect of her restructuring plan and new business plan that I did, at times using specialist consultants. What you are now receiving," he said, watching Bobbi handing out the documents, "is the plan that Bobbi and I have signed off on and you will also find sections where the specialist consultants signed off on the work they were hired to appraise and recommend modifications."

"Good god, and how much has this working group cost us?" Lucille Rogers asked.

"You are fortunate our new CEO selected an advance course in company strategy when completing her MBA."

"My question is focused on the bottom line Mark."

"I can answer that," Bobbi said. "Billing hours were tightly controlled and I expect the final cost to be approximately $38,000 in consultancy fees and for the amount of expert feedback involved I consider that figure is well worth the expenditure."

"Yes will it doesn't appear to be outrageous to me," Lucille said. "I've seen companies billed for $40,000 or more to receive information they already possess. We appear to be breaking new ground."

The chairman said, "Right if there are no more questions I propose we study these reports over the next two days and meet on Friday at 9:00 and hopefully we can make the required decisions and make our announcements at a full staff meeting at 3 pm."

"Isn't that rushing things?" Mike Moretti asked.

Bobbi said, "It's as simple as this Mike. We as a company have lost money on one out of every three months during the past two years and the decline in earnings continues at increasing speed. We need urgent action to fend off the threat of insolvency."

"Then I agree with Luke's proposed timetable," Lucille said. "Bobbi, will you be available by phone day or night during the next two days to take any questions from us?"

"Yes certainly."

"In that case Bobbi," Luke said, "I suggest you call that Friday staff meeting as soon as we have finished here. If we decided not to proceed or call a halt pending further information I can tell the meeting the company is losing ground a bit and what we are doing about it."

Lucille asked, "Do you have any idea where we should relocate Bobbi?"

"Yes it's all in those reports in front of you. I've secured an option to take the 3rd floor of Magellan Towers, being vacated in a month by an advertising agency that I noted in interest was unable to afford the rent in these trying times. But not to worry, that agency is Warren and Beck Advertising, set in the old ways and is crumbling at the seams. Our business plan shows how we go forward creatively using proven methods and reshaped services and marketing appropriate for the times."

"Omigod, Lucille said. "And here was I wondering if you would prove to be timid. I guess I have the chance to become a convert when I study these reports?"

"Oh yes Lucille," Bobbi smiled. "Those reports document where this company has been, where it is now and where it's heading. These form the blueprint for this company's future. Be not afraid."

"You are almost turning me into a disciple already Bobbi. If it all rings true when I read it then I might be able to come up with that $2 million for you. You'll need to weed out the deadwood and recruit specialist for new areas to join the team to drive us forward."

"That's already underway Lucille."

"Yeah that's true," Luke blurted out. "My son is one who Bobbi has chopped from the payroll."

"Omigod, Luke I'm sorry. Did it have to be done?"

"I'm afraid so Lucille. Bobbi sat with me and went through performance data and it became clear while Charlie has undeniable creative talent, his poor management performance hauled him down. He never should have been promoted to become a director."

Divorcee Thomas McDowell, Brian and Sue's friend, arrived at the Business Bar of the hotel where he was to meet Bobbi for their first date.

Bobbi arrived at the bar a few minutes late to find him talking to two guys. Thomas kissed her and introduced her to Benny Davison and Nick Cole and they said they had to get home (it was 7:15) and Bobbi thought a good idea if they had dependents.

"Did they go because they didn't like the look of me?"

Thomas laughed. "You be the judge of that. Nick saw you enter and said, "Jesus look at the babe who's just walked through the door and Benny said, "Oh la-la. Take a look at those .... Um..."

"Earrings? Bobbi offered.

"Um breasts."

"Oooh and so they liked the look of me?"

"It appears so. They almost began hyperventilating when you walked straight toward us."

"Well I'm sorry to break it up for you."

"No it's fine, they both have wives and youngsters at home waiting for them."

Bobbi asked did he work with them.

"No Benny is general manager of a small advertising media printing company and Nick has had his own webpage design company for seven years but says this current drop in business activity is slowly pushing him towards the day he might have to bail out."

"That's interesting. And what about you, I haven't been told what you do?"

"I'm an independent advertising research and marketing consultant dealing exclusively for clients who wish to start advertising on the Internet or are already advertising online but are disappointed with the results they are getting. Sue told me you work in advertising in your dad's boutique advertising business."

"Yes that's correct. Do you have Nick's phone number?"

"Yeah do you fancy him?"

Ignoring that, Bobbie said, "Please call him and invite him to come back and talk to me about a job. He might not have reached his vehicle yet."

Nick arrived back at the bar three minutes later.

"Nick I'm CEO of Shep Advertising Agency and we are looking to expand our Creative Services Department to deal with Internet advertising. The business plan calls for a full service unit from marketing to win clients through to design, launch and site maintenance to any level the client requires. At present our company only designs for existing clients who request the service and we put the execution of such projects out to contractors."

"Jesus are you offering me a job?"

"Well at this stage Nick we need to talk. Come in next week and talk to us and listen to what we propose. If you have the right credentials and experience you might be interested in heading the section that we tentatively plan as a, eight-person unit."

"Oh I would like to hear more. I guess Thomas told you I have my own website design and development business. The truth is its dog eats dog in the small design business right now and clients are become more and more tight-fisted."

"Yeah well we are looking beyond this economic downtown and it would be good for us to start off lean and mean and compete hard for business."

"That's good thinking. Um let me buy you guys a drink."

Bobbi smiled and said no thanks. "Go home to your family Nick. Just don't forget to come in and see me next week. I'm fully committed on other things this week on restructuring and a proposal to move to more upmarket premises but that will be finished by Friday. Here's my card."

"Thank for being prepared to put a proposal to me. Bye Bobbi. Bye pal, I guess you spoke to Bobbi about me."

Thomas shrugged.

Bobbi and Thomas went to the hotel's Italian restaurant where she'd booked.

After ordering a bottle of red wine they agreed on, Bobbi said, "This dinner is on my company account. You did well speaking to me about Nick. Do you know how he rates as a web designer?"

"Yep but he won't require my endorsement. He'll show you examples of his work already operating on the Internet. I'm surprised your company is employing at this time of economic pinch."

"I was brought in by my mother to take the company forward, not to sit on my butt."

Thomas grinned. "Sue warned me you can be a hard bitch but the said you also are a lovely person."

"Yeah well Sue talks too much."

"I know where your company is located. Are you planning to move to the fringe Downtown where rents are cheaper?"

"Is this conversation confidential between just you and me?"

"Sure shoot."

"I have an option to take the third floor in Magellan Tower."

"Jesus, that's absolutely prime real estate and that means big rents. Hey but there's an advertising company on part of the 3rd floor. I've done some work for them."

"Yeah well they are moving out to the Downtown fringe. It's obviously their CEO and I have different philosophies."

"Um what is your business experience?"

"Don't be so fucking rude."

Thomas scrambled to apologize and looked sheepish when Bobbi began giggling.

They ordered and she said, "Thomas I'm thirty-six with a law degree and a MBA with emphasis on company strategy that I completed part-time during my first three years working as company attorney with a manufacturing firm. I was head-hunted by law firm Bishop Peak Whittle and eighteen months later became a partner and managed its Business Law Department, with distinction I believe. And then three years ago BPW was gobbled in a merger that I opposed and when it went through I resigned and was paid out. I was near burned-out anyway."

"I crossed the Equator to laze my days away on Maba Maba Island and became bored and before I knew it I was offered a position as attorney to the island administration. Then my mother called me home to save my father's company and here I am."

Thomas said her education and experience background were impressive.

"Thanks. Well foremost I have the mind of a lawyer but the philosophy of 'courage rewards the bold' and so far I have managed to mix them well. I believe my plan that has been gone over by consultants, will push all the right buttons for our boutique advertising business. My plan hangs on securing a large capital injection, the relocation and surviving a name change."

"God a name change is as big a risk as borrowing money in the current business climate."

"Yes well remember I did say courage rewards the bold. The name will be given a minor adjustment."

They ate and conversed pleasantly and finally left the restaurant.

"Do you want to come up?"

Thomas said, "Um to your room?"

"Yes and you are welcome to stay the night."

"Um how many beds are there?"

"Just the one, king size," Bobbi smiled. "If you are feeling this is too early for sex I could wear panties so you don't slip in by accident during the night."

Thomas tensed and glanced at the exit route.

"Let go Thomas. Just because you were burnt once it does mean all women interested in taking you to bed are nasty."

"No of course not. I'll accept the invitation to come up to your room."

They entered the room and he said, "It's a suite with separate bedroom."

"Yes Thomas and there are two sofas in this lounge. Oooh if you decide to stay you could sleep out here."

"No I want to sleep with you."

"Oh Thomas, hold and kiss me."

Bobbi emerged from the bathroom nude.

Thomas, eyeing her magnificent body, licked his lips.

"Thomas if you are not comfortable doing this, the time is to back out now."

"N-no, it's fine. I'm hooked."

She smiled and said, "Dig it out for me Thomas. I'm really ready to eat it."

"Eat it?" he said nervously.

"It's just a figure of speech," Bobbi smiled, reassuringly.

Thomas had a big cock and big balls and was big on using them.

Several times he had Bobbi almost out of breath and when they finished she was awash with their fluids and he carried her to the shower.

Bobbi was tired and sweaty but ever so happy and she told him to fix them a drink while she showered and rested before they went at it again.

"Again?" he croaked, losing his smile.

"You'll find food in the fridge," she smiled, knowingly.

On Friday the board approved the strategic and business plans with minor changes and deputy chairman Lucille Rogers said she would begin scouting for a $2 million bank loan.

One of the directors said, "The bank might request a seat on the board."

"Tell them no, not until their lending to us reaches ten million," Bobbi frowned.

"Good god, hopefully that will never occur."

"Good Lucille and that means we won't have a banker taking up space in this boardroom."

Everyone looked at Bobbi as if she knew how to crack the whip.

That evening twenty-four clients and agency support people were guests at Shep Advertising Agency's Friday's cocktail hour and Bobbi was pleased at the extent of interaction she saw and made sure she was introduced to every guest.

The following Tuesday Bobbi took Nick Cole, the independent web site designer, to lunch and that ended with Bobbi telling Nick she'd courier him his draft contract within the next 48 hours. The agreement was Nick would start with the agency in two months when the business, with its name changed to Shepherd Advertising & e-Business Design Agency, would have shifted to its new location.

He said he could start earlier but Bobbi said no, the eight weeks delay would give him time to end his business commitments to existing clients although what he did in his free time after leaving the agency each day was er his business. He was pleased about that because that flexibility meant he could continue with after-sale services until those contracts ran out.

"When you begin working for us as chief web site designer I would be pleased if you liaise with your department manager to use the services of your friends Thomas the consultant, whom I've got to know quite well, and Benny who owns a printing company. There is no need to tell them I suggested that we use them where appropriate. We need the muscle of independent support to get our new department up and running quickly."

"I agree and both those guys operate the type of support we need," Nick said.

The relationship between Nikki and Thomas quickly development beyond sex; they became pals and called one another just to talk, as if they wished they were together.

Even talking to him on the phone was enough for the moment for Nikki and Thomas didn't attempt to end the call quickly like most men did. And when Thomas and Nikki talked on the phone, even late at night, they didn't talk sex. It was so encouraging for her, making Nikki feel she was having a romance as opposed to having an affair.

Shep advertising pitched successfully to win the multi-million dollar account of Amalgamated Food Lines, the biggest single supplier of foodstuffs to restaurants, cafes, hospitals and other institutions and delicatessens within 300 miles of Blewitt City and that announcements in The Blewitt Morning Herald was followed less than a week later by Banking Direct advising the agency's board deputy chairman Lucille Rogers that it would grant a $2 million loan to Shep Advertising for restructuring. The bank was already a client of the advertising agency and had been so for almost fifteen years.

Shortly after that, the agency closed for business at noon on Friday for the relocation and reopened for business at noon on the following Monday in Magellan Towers under its new name of Shepherd Advertising & e-Business Design Agency.

A two-page spread about the new look advertising agency appeared in the business section of Saturday's Herald with company chairman, Bobbi's mom, announcing the relocation and restructuring and describing her daughter's 'leading edge' initiative from being an expert in e-Business, as spear-heading the unrivaled online business support for corporations, small businesses, Government agencies and service organizations. No mention was made about how Bobbi had suddenly acquired the knowledge and experience in advertising and new technology to have become an expert in e-Business. But the image painted by the feature looked impressive. Her father couldn't believe his eyes when he read the blurb on Saturday morning.

"Who's this guy Shepherd now involved in the company and where did Bobbi gain this sudden expertise?" were some of Harry Joyce's startled questions but his wife Pearl urged him to keep calm and to look at her photo and ponder whether her cleavage was diminishing because of advancing age.

Well, Stage One of her reconstruction plan was completed, Bobbi thought on Monday afternoon with the office almost under siege by the number of calls coming in from enquirers wondering about Shepherd Agency's supposedly magic formula for actually making online business worth the investment involved.

She looked at her engagement ring that Thomas had presented her the previous evening. She thought they both ought to have a great chance of making it in marriage this time because they seemed so compatible and were aware of the pitfalls. There was a good chance she could conceive providing those shots Thomas was able to deliver were fully charged.

Only time would tell, as was the case of her restructuring efforts she was delivering on behalf of her father. As it was said in business, the risk-takers were in line for the greatest rewards if the upsides went their way.

THE END

12