Bound to My Mate Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,658 Followers

Dia grinned at me and told me yes. She'd just avoided the security last night, but she was sure she could turn it off, especially with a werewolf bodyguard. It seemed like we had a plan.

As we drove I talked to Dia about the house. She had examined the plans June had given her for a couple weeks before the break in. Dia knew exactly where the security was based out of. She also thought there were several good places to hold the other parts of the source. She was a gold mine of information.

"I just don't have any tools," she lamented. "They are all in my truck. I'll get some before we go inside, though."

I'd never been a burglar before, but Dia had been for years. As we passed through town she had me stop at a closed hardware store. She broke in and quickly took a replacement for the tools she didn't have with her. She also stole hunting clothes for me to wear to camouflage me better. We were as prepared as we were going to get.

Dia and I parked the truck a mile away from the property line. She loaded herself up with weapons. I took a gun, but assumed my native weapons would be more useful. Dia encouraged me to take a couple more.

"If you can avoid shifting we'll get further," she told me, handing over a large hunting knife. "They are expecting the wolves to mount an all out assault on them, we need to attack with stealth. I'm betting your werewolf form is larger and harder to hide. We need to be as invisible as we can be."

"I'm a white wolf," I informed her and she shook her head.

"Damn it," she cursed, "nothing's ever easy."

The land moving up to the estate was covered in the highest security. Dia was prepared for it and moved us past it with no problem. The motion sensors and security beams didn't even slow her down.

As we moved closer to the house the defenses changed. The ornate trees and landscaping were all rigged with what appeared to be an advanced sprinkler system. Dia told me if we hit a sensor those would spray us with potions.

I saw loudspeakers were attached to the outside of the house. Dia guessed they would use those to chant from behind the walls. We literally crept up the hill on our bellies to stay away from the sensors. Unlike Dia, I would set them off.

As I lay in the manicured lawn next to Dia, I appraised the house. It was several stories and surrounded by a guard wall. I could see figures moving at regular intervals in the house and along the roofline. The witches were watching out for an attack. If my pack ran up this hill at them, they would be mowed down.

Dia moved us quickly to a door on the side of the wall when the guard wasn't watching. We stayed stone still against the wall as a figure moved past us in the dark. The man held a weapon in his hands, but that wasn't what got my attention.

He smelled different. His scent was similar to the way Linda's body had smelled. Either he was coated in magic or he was a witch. This was the right place.

I wasn't sure how we were planning to get in and then the door beside us opened. The man walking out let the door fall closed as he walked away. Dia reached out and grabbed the handle a second before it shut.

We slipped into what was obviously a servant's or delivery entrance. It was brightly lit and an armed guard was inside as we passed through the door. Like a snake my hand wrapped around his neck snapping it before he made a sound.

Dia and I hid the body quickly in a closet. My strength was definitely useful for this way of life. I could see why Dia had wanted the renegades. What would have been difficult for her was quite simple for me.

Joel's voice invaded my mind softly, 'You aren't in the den. No one can find you. I asked them to check on my mate, because I was too harsh with you. I didn't want to contact you, I feared your anger initially. Now it seems you must fear mine.'

I sent a list to Joel of what type of reception awaited him at the witch's house. 'Wave after wave will be coated in potion and then they will just call in the human police. You will be forced to retreat.'

Joel was silent in my head, but I felt him as Dia and I passed into the main compound.

"We need to be up there," she whispered, pointing to a second story window. "It is near where the security is controlled. The lackeys smoke in there, so they leave the windows cracked and the alarms aren't armed for that window."

I grabbed Dia and jumped, clinging to the wall outside the window. Dia pushed the glass up and slipped inside. I followed her.

Inside was a man asleep on the couch, he had a burned out cigarette laying in an ash tray beside him. He woke as I entered and started to pull a gun and yell. Dia slashed him across the throat to silence him.

I heard Joel panicking in my mind. He thought we were caught. The man had made a sound before he fell and his body had hit the floor with a thud.

Dia and I prepared for an attack, but none came. We stood still listening to the silent house for a moment. When we thought it was clear, we hid the mess.

I moved the body behind the couch quickly and pulled an area rug over the blood pool so it would be less obvious. Dia took apart the light switch and disabled it in a flash. Nobody that came into the room would be immediately alerted.

Now I felt Anthony and Nate pushing into my mind. Their presence was unobtrusive. It seemed Joel just wanted a team to help him watch me.

I started to move for the door and Nate asked me to wait. If someone had heard the man, they would be waiting outside for us to exit. Dia looked under the door and shook her head, she thought the same thing, but no one was there.

I followed Dia through the expensive looking house. She pointed to a door at the end of a large hallway and indicated it was the room that controlled security. The main breaker box was also in there, she had already told me.

"It's going to be guarded. If we can take them out fast, I can disable a chunk of their security," Dia whispered.

'Kill the power,' I heard Anthony say quietly into my mind.

'We will cut the phone lines,' Nate seconded.

I told Dia what the men were saying and she shook her head. "Back up generator and cell back up for the phone lines, won't do any good."

'I'll get the phone lines, we are blocking the signal from the cell back up,' Nate told me.

'You all are here?' I questioned directing toward the men.

'You forced us to do this your way, mate,' Joel answered. 'Of course we are here, but we are biding our time. Does Dia know where the back up generator is?'

I asked her and she quietly told me downstairs on the other side of the house. She gave specific directions and Joel heard her through me.

'Let us turn off the distribution system for the potion,' I told Joel, 'and then you can do what ever you want.'

'Be careful,' Joel warned. 'If I get one hint something is wrong we are coming in, whether it is off or not.'

Dia moved us into the security suite and there were several armed men inside. They laughed when they saw two women walk in. I dispatched two with the hunting knife rapidly, but the third got a shot off before I killed him.

I barred the door to the security suite as Dia started to press buttons on the panels in front of us.

Outside the door I could hear the stamping of feet as the witches realized we were inside. They shouted at us to open the door and bullets came flying through the walls.

"The distribution system for the potions is off line," Dia said and then shot her .45 several times into the control board. "They won't be able to turn it back on. I think I've also taken down some of the alarms; there won't be audible alarms going off."

I saw the breaker box and tore it off the wall, literally. Hopefully that would disable the loudspeakers outside. The lights in the security suite died instantly and were replaced with back up lights. Bullets were whizzing past us in the dim half light.

Dia and I crouched low as the men assaulted the door and tried to get in. They were shooting so many rounds, we'd be hit eventually. Suddenly, the light died completely and I knew I had the upper hand.

I bounded toward the door and a bullet grazed the side of my face. A second later a slug caught me square in the stomach and then another. My wolf didn't like standing here being a pin cushion. Shifting into the hybrid, I tore through the door and attacked the men in the hall.

The hall was in chaos. The witches flung potions at me, but I dodged them with the speed I was known for. Some of the men had guns and were shooting. I heard shots coming from behind me. It seemed Dia was firing on the men. Working together, we took out the contingent that was there.

I heard the attack happening outside. There was copious gun fire and I prayed my pack would be safe. At least they weren't being hit with that awful potion.

A new noise got my attention.

"They've got a chopper!" Dia screamed rising out of a crouch and walking along the wall.

Someone was going to get away and odds are they had the source with them. I sent Joel the message in case in hadn't seen.

"Where?" I growled to Dia.

"Roof," she said pushing past me and straining to see.

I forgot, she wasn't suited to see in almost dark. I grabbed her and ran for the stairs.

We met several witches on the way to the roof. They manage to douse me with the potion, but no one was ever fast enough to chant the spell. Between Dia's guns and my claws we destroyed everyone we came across.

Pushing our way onto the roof the helicopter was just taking off. I bolted for it and was hit with several rounds from a machine gun inside the chopper. My upper leg bone was hit on the right, I knew it. I just managed to move out of the line of fire.

Crouching and gathering my strength, I prepared to jump on the chopper again. Another round from the machine gun forced me to retreat behind a barrier on the roof. Thanks to my coat, They could see me just fine out here. I'd have to take heavy fire if I wanted to approach them.

Dia had reloaded and took shots at the helicopter trying to stop it. It rose in the sky like she wasn't even trying. They were getting away.

Suddenly a large black form jumped onto the roof. The wolf man leapt and dug his claws into the metal of the side of the helicopter. He managed to grab the man with the gun and tossed him several stories to the ground. Metal tore as the side of the machine was ripped to shreds. As we watched, it started to tilt strangely.

"It's going to crash," I growled at Dia, grabbing her.

We had to get off the roof right now. The black wolf man, who I recognized as Joel, was pulling the helicopter down. A human would never survive this close to something like that.

I slung Dia over my shoulder and slipped over the edge of the building. I climbed as quickly as I could, since my wounded leg wasn't working well. As we hit the ground, the building shook under my hands and horrible screeching sound was heard from above.

Joel's voice boomed into my mind, 'Run now,' was all he said.

Despite the pain I shifted into my wolf as I pulled Dia onto my back. I took off, getting us far away from the danger. If that thing was going to explode Dia had to get away.

Wolves were all over outside fighting with human men and witches. The wolves definitely had the upper hand. I saw some of the witches trying to chant and fling potions, but it wasn't a very effective strategy. Ruining their sprinkler/ loudspeaker system seemed to have worked.

A command came into my mind from Joel, it was directed to everyone. He gave specific instructions on how far to get back. I was just passing off the edge of the witch's land when the explosion rocked the ground.

Turning around I was horrified as a giant fireball encompassed the house. I wanted to go back and get Joel when his voice came into my thoughts again. This time he ordered everyone to retreat, the humans would be coming after the explosion.

I had no idea where he was, but I was relieved to have heard his voice.

"We gotta go," Dia said. "Our truck is parked just off the main road. The cops will have seen that explosion. If they check the back of our vehicle, it's still full of weapons."

I was turning in that direction when the second explosion tore through the air. This time I felt the full power of the source magic as it rushed past me. Even as far back as we were it still burned and it knocked Dia off my back.

'Mate, are you all right?' Joel called to me.

'Fine, are you okay?' I answered, again relieved to hear his voice.

'Get back to the den right now,' he ordered, 'I will meet you there.'

He was obviously busy and angry. Now wouldn't be a good time to talk. I settled for just being glad he was alive and unharmed.

Instead of focusing on Joel I turned to find Dia cursing on the ground trying to regain her bearings. The explosion seemed to have disoriented her. Finally, she managed to crawl onto my back and we started off.

I tore through the undergrowth to get to the truck. Dia was right, it was full of weapons. The police could not find it, we had to get there first.

As I dashed away from the burning building the pain in my leg and stomach started to grow. Each step toward safety made me realize how badly I was hurt, but we had to make it to the truck. Finally, it came into view. Lucky for us, no one was there to see the giant white wolf and rider limp from the forest.

When Dia got off my back I collapsed to the ground almost too weak to move. I wanted to curl up, lick my wounds, and sleep. Dia refused to let me crawl back into the undergrowth, which is what I wanted to do.

"Shift!" she screamed at me and I did, falling back to a human form.

Dia lifted me into the passenger side of the truck and got in the driver's seat.

I saw her fiddle with the area under the steering wheel for a moment and the truck roared to life. It struck me I'd left the keys in my clothes, which I had torn off in the security room of the burning house.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it," Dia cursed looking over at me, "you aren't dressed and you're covered in blood. If we get pulled over this is going to look so bad. This road is going to be crawling with cops pretty soon."

She was right; I had to keep my wits about me.

"There's got to be a blanket or something in the back," I said turning to dig around behind our seats.

The pain in my leg was unbelievable and my stomach felt like it was tied in a hundred tiny tight knots. I could barely move, but I managed to rummage around. A small hatch opened behind Dia's seat and a set of emergency clothes was there.

The dark colored t shirt and sweatpants I found were huge, obviously meant to be worn by a guy. I struggled putting them on. Everything hurt, I'd never been in this much pain before. Finally, I managed to dress myself and not a moment too soon.

We were stopped by a deputy that had closed off the road. He wanted to know what we had seen and why we were there. He looked very suspicious and kept a hand on his weapon.

Dia told him a story about seeing a fireball. She said we had been out on an early morning jog. In a high scared voice, she told him she wanted to get home and check on her kids. Luckily, the guy felt bad for her and let us through.

My leg throbbed and my stomach was on fire. I focused on breathing and kept dropping into unconsciousness. When we'd take a turn or hit a dip in the road the stabbing sensation would jerk me back awake.

Luckily, Dia was a careful driver. She drove under the speed limit and obeyed all the traffic laws through town. Trying to stay awake, I commented on it.

"There are cops everywhere right now. If I panic and race through town, we'll get pulled over," she said. "If anyone really takes a look at you or what's in the back, we're in for it. I don't even have a license with me right now. We can't afford to attract any attention."

She was right. I watched as several police cruisers zipped by heading toward the blast area. Checking the rear view mirror a state patrol officer was actually behind us right now.

The sun was rising and Dia flipped her visor down so it wasn't in her eyes.

"Still better than being stuck in a dark room with witches shooting at you," she said squinting.

"You shot at the guys in the hall while I was fighting them, didn't you?" I asked.

Dia nodded and continued to watch the road.

"How were you able to see well enough to shoot at them in the dark? You were stumbling around when you stood up," I commented trying to distract myself from the pain.

"When you said you were white I didn't know you meant glow-in-the-dark white," she huffed, "I just aimed at the muzzle blasts and away from the big glowing thing in the middle."

I nodded and leaned back. My coat really wasn't much of a camouflage in anything short of a snowstorm.

"Is Alpha Latro angry with you?" Dia asked quietly.

"Yes, he's not done anything except shout orders."

"What will he do to you?" she asked cautiously.

"I don't know; last time it was a talking to," I said, remembering the time before that he'd chained me in our rooms.

"I told Will I'd stay. I didn't want to disappoint him, but I couldn't bear the thought of him dying from that poison," she said. "You know, I don't even know why I care, but I do. I don't know anything about him. He could be a serial killer or a rapist for all I know."

"He's neither," I told her, "Will's a good guy. He really likes to follow the rules, though. Maybe you could loosen him up a little in that respect."

Dia laughed and looked over at me. "Just so you know, I've been in less trouble since I started following the rules. This is the most excitement I've had in six months. I might actually like to continue with his way of thinking."

We stopped at a light and she lifted my shirt to examine my stomach. It was a pulpy mess. Dia touched my leg lightly and I winced, her hand came away wet and red.

"How bad is it?" she asked.

"Hurts like hell," I told her. "I'm not sure how I'm going to get out of the truck. I don't want to move. Every bump you hit, I feel."

We drove in silence for a while and I passed back out.

I woke when Dia spoke again, "I haven't seen any wolves driving on the road. Do you know what happened to rest of your pack?"

"They didn't need to go through town. I bet they took the back way through the forest. That would have landed them on the other side of the witch's compound."

Dia nodded and continued to drive. Leaning my head back, I let myself fade out. At least when I was unconscious, I wasn't in pain. I knew if I could just rest, my poor body would heal. Dia was a good driver, so I relaxed.

"Oh fuck," woke me up completely.

I struggled to gauge what was going on and what my reaction should be. My eyes felt glued shut and I opened them as best I could. Moving wrong lanceted pain up my body and pushed me back toward that nice comfortable place I'd been.

"Fucking hell, oh fucking hell, he must be beyond pissed with you. Oh fuck, with us. Don't pass out, wake the fuck up," Dia said stopping the truck and shaking my arm.

Grimacing, I looked around. We were on the main road in the forest, there was no reason to stop here. Unless you counted the roadblock of black Suburbans and my mate standing in the middle of the road up ahead.

Seeing Joel was a relief, he was all right and he'd get me taken care of. Obviously he was angry, but that I could deal with. Dia didn't seem to think that was the case.

"Shit, shit, shit I knew I shouldn't piss off an Alpha. I told June this was a bad fucking idea and we'd be killed. Fuck loyalty, fuck friends this is what I fucking deserve," Dia panted, gripping the steering wheel.

Joel wouldn't hurt me and, with Will for interference, no one was going to hurt Dia. If Joel was angry, I did know one punishment he liked, though.

DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,658 Followers