Bounder Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Stultus
Stultus
1,402 Followers

Everyone seemed game enough for that, including Maitlan. Murder by arson seemed to be a 'go' morally for him. Good, I really needed his extra help to pull this affair off since I couldn't depend upon Flerrie to assist with burning our evil friends alive, in a rather overly excessive bonfire. I was sure that she had her moral limitations, and until I had the freedom of action necessary to make a pet out of her, she could become an unexpected threat to our otherwise overly simple and direct plan. If she confronted or defied me, I'd have to act and possess her will... which would undoubtedly have certain and extremely unfortunate consequences with Sir Adrian shortly thereafter.

At best, I could arrange a simple accident, that one of the Weir's had killed her during the resulting assault upon their inn. An extremely unfortunate incident that everyone would regret. I did not want to do this, or let the situation get that far out of hand. It would be a terrible waste of a beautiful young woman, not to mention prime dalliance material, and this sort of fate must be avoided, except at only the very greatest need to preserve the secret of my gift, or my very life itself.

Already I had the rather uncomfortable feeling that a world without Flerrie living in it, would be too painful for me to ever enjoy lasting happiness in. Sociopaths aren't supposed to have consciences, but already I had rather more regrets than I was currently comfortable living with! I owed the young guardswoman a debt of honor, or at least a significant obligation of gratitude for her help. If the unthinkable occurred, and she needed to die by my hand, I was certain that this would be a stain to my already dark soul that could never be scrubbed away clean.

I was a thief, a scoundrel and a bounder, lose and free with other people's wealth and any woman's virtue that I fancied, but I was no cold blooded killer! My dishonesty and wickedness did have distinct and finite limits though, and there was a moral line of basic human decency that I had never crossed... and never, ever wanted to!

My every sense warned me that I was now at an unknown crossroads, with an uncertain future before me no matter which unknown path I chose. My arrogance was certainly gone now, its loss not even particularly lamented during the stress of these last few days. Instead, I possessed hitherto unfamiliar apprehensions about how to 'do the right thing', a previously frivolous concern, at best. Perhaps I had some genuine humanity hidden within me after all?

In any case, for now it was best to keep Flerrie, who had seemed to become the living personification of my growing conscience, as far from me (and moral temptation) as possible. I would do whatever I must do to bring the two slain women justice, or at least the best revenge that I was capable of.

My fate after that, in or out of Flerrie's hands, was a matter to be resolved later.

Stultus
Stultus
1,402 Followers