Brad & 'Tanaya Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

"Looks like you got Daddy all to yourself today Nicky," Janey said to her son.

Nicky frowned and looked around; he was used to more adults around. "Matty?" he queried in his little boy voice.

"Matty's not here today Tiger," Brad told his son.

Nicky wriggled and pushed against his fathers chest; Brad let him down onto the lounge room floor and watched as he crawled quickly towards the small cardboard box of toys kept in the corner.

Janey watched as Nicky reached the box and proceeded to pull out his favourite toys, she walked over to the lounge and placed the bag she carried on the floor.

"Can we sit down? I want to have a talk with you," Brad said as he sat in the recliner chair.

Janey glanced his way curiously but said nothing as she sat on the lounge and turned watchful eyes on their son.

"I know you don't feel comfortable around 'Tanaya and I know I said living here is supposed to be only temporary," Brad started slowly; he swallowed nervously as Janey looked his way with narrowed eyes. "How would you feel about 'Tanaya and I getting together as a couple?"

"I don't want her near Nicky! I don't trust her!" Janey burst out instantly; she looked at Nicky where he sat playing with a ball, attempting to chew it.

"Janey I promise I would never let her hurt him, I don't believe she would either..." Brad tried to reassure her.

"She hates me! I don't trust her not to take her hatred out on Nicky if she was upset!" Janey cut in sharply.

" 'Tanaya doesn't hate you..." Brad tried to explain.

"Oh she hates me sure enough. It's all she can do to allow me in her house. If it wasn't for you she'd slam the door in my face, probably wait until I took a step forward first as well." Janey said in a tight voice.

"Will you let me explain?" Brad asked quietly.

"What is there to explain? 'Tanaya hates me . . . " Janey started to say.

" 'Tanaya doesn't hate you." Brad cut in desperately, he reached out to touch Janey's hand hoping to connect with her on some level but Janey jerked her hand away, got to her feet and moved away slightly.

Brad heaved a heavy sigh and closed his eyes as he rubbed the back of his neck trying to ease his own tension. Finally he opened his eyes and looked up at Janey where she watched him warily. He realised it was just as he had thought, there was no way that Janey would tolerate 'Tanaya in their son's vicinity.

"I promise I won't do anything to put Nicky in danger. I'll make it clear to 'Tanaya that there can't be anything between us and I'll move out as soon as I find a place I can afford." Brad said wearily.

"Are you or aren't you involved with 'Tanaya?" Janey asked stiffly.

"It doesn't matter; I've already told her that nothing will interfere with my relationship with Nicky." Brad said heavily. "Nicky comes first."

A heaviness settled in Brad's chest and a strange thickness grew in his throat as he got to his feet and headed for the kitchen, "Cup of tea?" He called back over his shoulder at Janey.

Janey watched Brad leave the room and moved to where she could see what he was doing in the kitchen, "A cool drink if you have one," Janey told him.

"Water, juice or coke?" Brad asked as he looked at what was in fridge.

"Water will do," Janey said as she glanced back at her son, "You mean you won't have anything more to do with 'Tanaya because I don't trust her and don't want her near Nicky?"

"Look Janey, I know you don't have to let me have anything to do with Nicky what so ever but you're letting me be a part of his life and I have no intention of doing anything to make you regret your decision to let me see him. And I have no intention of doing anything that goes against what you want. " Brad said as he poured a glass of water.

Janey remained silent as she took the glass of water and watched Brad making himself a cup of coffee. She couldn't help but notice he kept turned away from her for most of the time.

"What would happen if things went well between you and 'Tanaya and you had a baby? Would Nicky get pushed aside? Treated like second best by her?" Janey asked softly.

Brad stopped what he was doing to turn and face Janey, "I would never let that happen. Nicky would always be treated the same," Brad said gently.

"I don't want to stop you getting on with your life Brad, I want to see you have more than just Nicky once a week or whatever. Just promise me you won't let anything happen to Nicky because I am his mother not whichever woman you're with." Janey told him earnestly.

Brad stared at Janey for a few seconds not believing what he had heard, slowly a large grin spread across his face and he walked over to where Janey stood watching him with large serious eyes. He kissed her warmly on one cheek and then the other before framing her face with his large hands and kissing her lightly on the mouth.

"Thank you, I can't say it enough," Brad said happily.

"Biss, biss," Nicky chuckled as he crawled over to them, a stuffed cat in one hand.

Janey stepped away from Brad and laughed as she scooped her son up, "Yes Nicky, kiss." Janey said and kissed her son's cheek.

Nicky laughed with delight and leant towards Brad, his little arms outstretched. Brad lifted him from Janey's arms and cuddled him close.

"Biss, biss," Nicky said insistently.

"Nicky wants a kiss too Daddy," Janey said with a smile.

Brad kissed both cheeks for the delighted boy and then blew a noisy raspberry against his neck. Nicky shrieked with laughter and squirmed in his father's arms.

"How could anyone not love him?" Brad asked quietly.

* * * * *

'Tanaya watched the entry to the visiting area anxiously while Brent and Matty sat on a bench patiently. Finally she saw the familiar figure she was waiting for and smiled with relief as Ren stepped out into the sunlight.

"It's good to see yous," Ren said as he returned 'Tanaya's hug then stepped forward to shake hands with Brent and Matty; he looked around for Brad but made no comment when he saw no sign of him.

"You're looking fit and healthy," 'Tanaya said and it was true. Ren had bulked up slightly during his time in jail but it was all well defined muscle not fat that broadened his shoulders.

"They keeping you busy?" Brent asked as they settled on a seat in the shade.

"Always pretty busy in the kitchens, so it's good when I get visitors and have an excuse not to go in on the weekends." Ren said with a smile.

"Been hot here?" Matty asked curiously, "It's been a stinker the last few days at work."

"Yeah, it's been hot here. We got air conditioning in the kitchens so that helps some. Is Brad still getting a bit of work?" Ren asked.

"Yeah, the boss is keeping him on. He likes hard workers." Brent acknowledged.

"Can't blame him for not coming back here even if it was just to visit," Ren said his voice loosing it's cheer, he was missing his best friend. Had been missing him since the awkwardness over Janey's baby had occurred.

"Janey's was taking the boy to visit him, that's why he's not here." 'Tanaya said gently as if she sensed his pain.

"Does Brad get to see his boy much? Do you see much of Janey?" Ren asked hopeful to hear some news of them.

"She brings him to my place where Brad is staying each weekend and stays for the day so Brad can spend time with Nicky. He calls Brad Daddy now." 'Tanaya said brightly.

Ren nodded and took a deep breath, he glanced at the guard who was wondering around the visiting area and waited until he was out of hearing range before speaking again.

"How's Janey? She well? Still with the cop?" Ren asked almost desperately.

"She looks well," Brent said, "and she's still with the cop boyfriend but she doesn't take him along when she brings the boy to visit Brad. He doesn't seem real happy with her letting Brad see the kid."

Ren nodded without saying anything further.

"Have you heard anything further on the appeal the lawyer is working on?" Brent asked trying to change the discussion.

"No, not yet but it is supposed to be nearly ready to go before a judge soon." Ren said accepting the change of subject.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers
12