Brad's Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,694 Followers

She was now crying as I held her. I don't know why I just didn't fuck her. I guess all this thinking was warping my mind. She did get up and get dressed. I called the cab and we just talked till it arrived. She knew she was doing the right thing by going home. She had two little kids and a husband who was a hard worker but went too far at a bachelor party. This marriage could be saved, but the two of them would have to work at it, especially her husband.

Well, there I was in a room all by myself. I wondered if I should go back to the party or just go to sleep. I chose the sleep.

The next day I got a call from Sally. She told me after I left the party that she was looking for me. She told me she broke up with Ray. He gave her the clap, a venereal disease, but not a bad one. It could be cured with a few shots. Ray told her after she had the sex with me. She slapped him across the face and Barry asked what the problem was.

Sally told him that Ray had said he had the clap and gave it to her. Barry immediately had him thrown out. It would really be bad for business, so Barry had a couple of bouncers take Ray out back and do a number on him. Barry also asked the Asian girl Ray was dancing with if they were intimate yet. She said they hadn't been. I guess Barry was really pissed that Ray would come to the party knowing he had VD.

"Brad, I'm so sorry, I went straight over to the hospital to get tested for the clap, and I have it. Other than Ray, you were the only person I had sex with. I tried to find you but you were already gone. Someone said, they saw you leave with a black woman, so you might want to notify her also. I'm very sorry Brad, but we didn't use any protection. I guess that's both our faults. Again, Brad I'm really sorry."

I hung up the phone. Why in the hell didn't I use a condom? I always wear a condom if I don't know my sex partner. Boy, am I ever going to get razzed over this. I headed over to the clinic to get checked out.

I filled out the standard form and pulled out my insurance card. A receptionist took my information and a nurse led me into a room where I was to wait for the doctor. Boy, did I feel stupid. I had the clap one other time when I was a junior in college. After that, I always wore a condom. But, stupid me wanted to show off and didn't take the time to wear one this time.

The door opened and a nurse, maybe in her mid-twenties came in. Now, I'm not exaggerating one bit here. She looked as close to an angel as any woman I have ever met. Her hair, curly and wavy, around her shoulders, a nice figure and a face I could fall in love with. Yes, I said fall in love with. The prettiest smile, teeth and dimples. I was totally dumbfounded. My heart literally skipped a beat. Not a flutter, in the stomach but a missed heart beat. I had to bring my hand up to my chest.

"Mr. Haines, are you alright?" she asked.

I still couldn't speak for a few seconds. "Yes, nurse, I don't know what just happened. When I saw you, my heart literally skipped a beat."

She laughed lightly, thinking it was a come-on. "Mr. Haines, why are you really here? Let me look at your paper work." The smile was gone. "Mr. Haines, it says here that you may have contacted the clap. Is that correct?"

I couldn't feel more embarrassed. "Yes, I got a call from a young lady who contracted the disease and passed it on to me."

"Oh, I see. Did you contact any other partners to make sure you didn't pass it on?

"There weren't any other partners. God, this is so embarrassing."

"Well, Mr Haines, the doctor will be right in to see you. You might consider wearing a condom next time," she said as she walked out.

I can't explain exactly how I felt. This beautiful woman telling me basically that I was stupid. I knew that but what kind of an impression did I leave her?

The doctor came in and ran a test or two. He confirmed I had the clap. He told me it should be totally gone in a couple weeks. He gave me a shot and a prescription to take. He told me if I had sex with anyone else that I should notify them. I mentioned about Jacky but told him I never had intercourse. He told me that as long as I kept it in my pants that I didn't pass it along. Of course he told me I should practice safe sex, every time.

He told me Angel would be back in with my prescription and paperwork.

"What? The nurse's name was Angel?"

The doctor cracked a smile, "Yes, that really is her name."

I thought to myself how her name really fit her, when she came back in the room. I needed to talk to her. I wanted her to know I wasn't a total idiot. What should I say to her? Damn!

"Angel, I wasn't coming on to you when I told you about the heart beat. I want to tell you that I'm not a complete idiot and I usually practice safe sex."

"Mr Haines, I don't need to hear about your personal life," she said.

"Please, Angel, I really want to see you again." There! I said it. How would she react to it?

"That's fine, Mr. Haines. The doctor wants to see you in two weeks." This time she did smile, as she walked out.

In the next few days, I thought and thought about her. What the hell was the matter with me? I get all these stupid dating ideas, then I turn down what might have been a good sexual bout and send the woman home to her husband. Now I meet a nurse under the worst of circumstances. I needed to talk to her again. I couldn't get Angel out of my mind. Hell, she never even called me Brad. To her I was Mr. Haines, the man with the clap. Damn! Damn! Damn!

As I was working, the phone rang. "Hello, Brad's Computer Repair. How may I help you?

"Brad, I don't know if you remember me from the party. This is Jacky."

Oh, shit! Surely I didn't give her the clap. We never had intercourse.

"Hi, Jacky. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?" I didn't want to give anything away, just in case.

"No, there's no problem. I just called to thank you. Because of you, my husband and I are working things out and we are going to stay together."

"It's good to hear Jacky," I replied.

"I wanted to tell you. When I came home, my husband was sitting on the couch crying. He told me how he messed up and now that I did the same thing, we probably wouldn't make it. We were drifting too far apart. I told him I didn't do it. I couldn't go through with it. I lied a little. I didn't tell him how far I did go or that it was you that stopped me from doing it. I told him two wrongs didn't make a right. He hugged me and promised never to stray again. We talked and we cried together. Then he took me to our bedroom and gave me the best sex I've ever had. I think all that build-up from you did it," she laughed.

"I just had to call and thank you. I will probably never talk to you again unless I need my computer repaired. The only thing I ask is that this secret stay between you and me."

"Don't worry, Jacky. I will never tell anyone and I hope it all works out for you and your family."

After I hung up, I actually felt good. Maybe I helped save a marriage. Now I was thinking of Angel again. After work I was supposed to go over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Maybe I would talk to Dad again. I needed to talk to someone and I knew Angel didn't think much of me at the present time.

Mom made pork chops and mashed potatoes. Boy, could she ever cook! After we got done eating, Dad asked me, "What is it, son? Something is eating at you. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Can we go to the club and have a couple of beers? I just need a little advice from someone I trust, Dad, and you're the man." I laughed.

We headed over to the Elks to have a couple beers and a man to man discussion. It was really good to know that I had a dad who would stand behind me. I know that even though we disagreed on a lot of issues, he would always be honest and there for me. There aren't many dad/son relationships out there like ours. I guess that was another problem I always had with marriage and kids. I would want it to be as good as my parents and that would be a lot to live up to. I sure was learning more and more about myself.

"Dad, ever since that discussion we had about how you and Mom met, I've been thinking. I got it in my stupid head now, that there is someone out there for me. Every woman I meet now I think, 'Is she the one? Did my heart flutter? Should I approach her?' Dad, it's bothering the hell out of me."

"Son, start from the beginning and work to the present so I get an idea of what you're trying to explain."

"Okay, for starters, I met a girl in a donut shop and I thought I felt my stomach flutter." Dad started laughing.

"It isn't really all that funny, Dad."

"I'm sorry, Son, but I thought that was a nice gesture. By the way, that story about your mother and I meeting at the donut shop is true," Dad replied.

"Anyway, Dad, this girl was nice, really nice. I should tell you I met her grandmother the first time I walked in. It made me laugh. I went back one day just to say high to the elderly lady and that's when I met Angie, the granddaughter. I got this feeling she was the one. I asked her out and she refused."

"So ... ask her out again. Just because she said no once doesn't mean she isn't interested. Hell, I asked your mom out a half dozen times before she said yes."

"There's more, Dad. I went to an adult party and she was there."

"Oh, Christ, I thought you stopped going to those parties. You're never going to find the girl of your dreams there, unless you want a well used one," replied Dad.

"Dad, it gets worse. First off, I didn't do anything with Angie, but I did have sex at the party and got a case of the clap."

Dad yelled or at least talked kind of loud. "What? Aren't you ever going to learn? I'm sorry for yelling, but why didn't you use a condom? Damn, I thought you would have learned by now. It will clear up in a couple of weeks, so maybe it was a good omen for you to watch your lifestyle. It could have been a lot worse."

"It is worse, Dad. I met a girl and we are off to a piss poor start. She knows about the clap."

"You're losing me here. Who's the girl and how did she find out?" asked Dad.

"I went to the clinic for the shots and the nurse is an angel, Dad, a beautiful woman who I honestly believe is the one. Dad, my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw her. I'm serious, Dad. I had to hold my hand to my heart. I don't know what to do. She knows about the clap. She didn't have on a wedding ring, so I'm hoping she's single. This is going to be hard to believe, but her name is Angel."

"Maybe it's another one of your flutter moments. If not, all you can do is ask her out and see where it leads to. Most of all, if you truly feel she's the one, don't rush it, but let nature take it's course."

"Thanks, Dad. I just needed to get it off my chest. Please don't tell Mom about the clap. I don't want her to know I slipped up again. As far as the adult parties go, I think I'm through with them."

"That's good to hear, Brad. You still need to wear condoms. Not only for the disease but I don't think you want to be a dad yet. Oh, before I forget, Barb, your niece, has a birthday Saturday. Your sister thinks you will forget it, so I thought I would remind you."

"Thanks, Dad. I did forget. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be there."

A couple of days later I headed back to the doctor's. Angel was there and was getting ready to take my vitals signs.

"Good morning, Mr. Haines. Have you taken all your pills?"

"Angel, we got off to a bad start. Could you call me Brad? I'm really not that bad of a guy."

"Okay, Brad, I need to take your blood pressure and pulse. Why is your pulse so fast? Is it always this fast?"

"It's you, Angel, you're doing this to me. I know you don't believe me but I want to see you again, outside of the clinic. Would you go out with me?"

"Brad, you seem like a nice guy. You really do. I don't think we run in the same circles. The parties I go to aren't the same as the ones you seem to attend. I don't think going out with you is a good idea. I'm sorry." She turned and left the room.

She left and the doctor came in and gave me a clean bill of health. Of course he told me to use protection next time.

Chapter 3

I usually only worked till noon on Saturday. I closed up and headed to my sister Sue's house. Barbara, my niece was going to be six. We called her Barb or Barbie. I headed into the backyard where the party was supposed to take place. Looks like I was early. Only Sue's family was there along with Mom and Dad so far. Bill's mom and dad came in right behind me. I was thinking, there's another marriage of over thirty years. They were nice people also.

When Sue saw me, she gave me a hug. "You remembered, bro, or did Dad remind you?" she smiled.

"Does it make any difference? I'm here to cook the burgers and hot dogs. Where is Barbie? I have a present for her."

She came running out the back door. "Hi, Uncle Brad. I'm six today. Did you bring me a present?"

"Do I get a kiss first?" She reached up and kissed me and I gave her a child's computer. It would give her all the basic computer knowledge through kids games. It was wrapped up and she would open it later.

I went in and started getting the packages of hot dogs and the buns and put them all on a tray. Sue came up to me and said, "Brad, I have a surprise for you."

I knew right then that she had invited one of her girl friends to the party and wanted me to meet her.

"Sue, I know you love me and want to fix me up. I love you because you're my big sister, but it never works out. Besides, I think I found my dream girl if I could only get her to talk to me."

"What, Brad? You have a girlfriend? When did this take place.?"

"No, she's not my girlfriend. In fact she probably doesn't even like me. Look, Sue, I'll be nice to your friend, but please don't expects sparks. I'll tell you about my dream girl after the party. I can't get her out of my mind. She makes me feel like a kid asking a girl for his first date."

"Brad, you're scaring me a little. This sounds like a real crush. I can't wait to hear about it."

"Well, right now I have to carry this tray of food out and get this stuff on the grill. I got the hot dogs and buns. You bring out the hamburgers."

I carried the tray outside and got ready to set it down when I looked up and saw Angel. I froze and accidentally dropped the tray. Good thing everything I carried out was still in wrap.

Sue said, "Brad, what happened?" She looked up and saw Angel.

"Oh, hi, Angel. Glad you could make it. This klutz here is my brother, Brad. He's the one I wanted to introduce you to."

"Brad, this is Angel, one of my best friends. We met at the clinic where my family goes to the doctor."

Angel couldn't help but smile. There I was picking up the packages of hot dogs, and buns when I looked up and I saw this baby doll of a little girl staring at me from behind Angel's legs.

"Hi, there, pretty little girl. What's your name?" I asked the little girl.

"I'm Sara and I'm four," she replied.

"I'm Brad and I'm twenty-nine," I replied.

She smiled at me and said, "You're old. My mommy is only twenty- six."

"Since I'm so old, would you like to help me pick up these packages?"

"Sure, I'll help you." She came from behind her mother and put the buns and packages of hot dogs back on the tray.

"Sara, you are a very nice and pretty little girl. Thank you for your help."

"You're welcome," she said.

I stood up and set the tray on the table. "Hi, Angel. See. We do attend the same kind of parties."

She smiled.

Sue looked at both of us. By now you have to understand that my sister Sue is very outspoken. She doesn't hide her feeling or her thoughts.

"Do you two know each other?" she asked.

Angel replied, "We met at the clinic. Brad came in for a few tests."

"Brad, what happened? Are you sick? No one told me you needed to go to the doctor."

I whispered in Sue's ear that I had a dose of the clap. She slapped me and called me a stupid idiot. At least she said it low enough so no one but Angel and I heard.

"Angel, I'm sorry for the way we met. I really did want to get to know you but didn't know how to approach you because of the circumstances. For now, can we just be friends and maybe get to know each other?"

Angel looked at me, "Okay, Brad, you win. We will just be friends for now. Besides your sister is one of my best friends."

Sue came over to me. "Brad, is Angel the one you wanted to tell me about?"

I nodded my head yes. Sue smiled - good, very good. Then she took Angel and introduced her to everyone else at the party. By the time I got all the hot dogs, and burgers on the grill everyone was ready to eat.

I was still awestruck by Angel, but she had a daughter. I needed to know if she was married, separated or divorced. When I got a chance I cornered Bill in the house and asked him what he knew about Angel and her daughter Sara.

"All I know is that we started going to the clinic because they are in our HMO and Sue and Angel became friends. Angel brings Sara over to play with Barbie. Barbie treats Sara like a little sister. As far as I know, Sara's father was killed before Sara was born. They lived in Michigan at the time. Shortly after her graduating from the nursing college, Angel got a position as a nurse at the clinic here in town. She lives in an apartment near the clinic. She has a brother and her mother and father also live in town. As far as I know she doesn't date much. In fact I've never seen her with another man at our house."

"Thanks, Bill. To be honest with you, I really like Angel. I don't know if anything will come of it but we'll just take our time and see."

Barbie and Sara kept running through the house. Every time Barbie would run by me, she would say, "Hi, Uncle Brad. I'm six today."

Behind her was Sara. She would run by me and say, "Hi, Uncle Brad. I'm four today." She decided to call me Uncle Brad since Barbie did.

The two little girls were sitting on the floor talking. I heard Barbie mention her dad. Then I heard the saddest thing.

Little Sara said, "I don't know my dad. He died before I was born. So, my mommy is my mommy and my daddy too."

It brought tears to my eyes. They say that kids say the strangest things.

Before the party ended I finally got a chance to sit down alone with Angel. My heart flipped a beat. Meeting Angel, the strange heartbeat, Angel and my sister being friends, Dad saying wait and it will happen, Mom believing in God's plan. Were these all coincidences? Was I fabricating myself a life? I didn't have all the answers. All I knew was that when I was close to Angel, I felt good. It was a great feeling just being near her.

"Angel, would you like to go out for dinner with me this week? You can pick the day and we can take Sara with us."

"Brad, I don't know what to think about you. According to your sister, you're this great guy who is looking to find himself. I will tell you that when she told me about you and some of your past, I was intrigued. I was also scared. I want a nice life for Sara and me. I haven't dated for over four years. Ever since I graduated from nursing school. I'm not looking for a boyfriend or a husband. Sara and I are doing fine. However, I do believe in fate. Maybe two people are meant to be together, or maybe not. I want to take a chance with you. But, if you ever hurt Sara or me, it will be over. You have to understand that you can't have your parties and me too. As for dinner, Sara and I both like The Red Lobster, and Tuesday night would be fine."

"Tuesday would be great. Just so you know, I really do have feelings for you. I don't know why but my heart really did skip a beat. For the record, I think little Sara is one sweet little girl."

Angel was getting ready to leave. She said bye to everyone including me. No hugs, no kisses, and of course no handshakes, although little Sara kissed me on the cheek and said, "Goodbye, Uncle Brad. Remember your taking us to dinner Tuesday." Angel must have told her.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,694 Followers