Brian's Adventures Ch. 10

Story Info
The wedding.
12.5k words
4.71
19.6k
1
0

Part 10 of the 17 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/16/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
tempter
tempter
48 Followers

Chapter Ten: The Wedding

As I stood there at the altar I got the shakes I was so nervous. I still could not believe that this wedding was going to take place, that in a few hours Jealile would be my wife. It was an odd and fortunate turn of events that allowed the wedding to take place. Ordinarily it would not be that odd to marry the woman you love. However, on Tania most things you take for granted about weddings and relationships are unheard of here. However it happened or why it did was little concern to me at the moment, I was simply happy that it was happening at all!

The church that I was standing in was a fine church, though not as tall or elaborate as some of the churches back in England. It stood tall, but not overly tall and was built of solid stone and looked like it could stand for a thousand years. The church was laid out in the typical fashion with altar at one end and the doors at the other. The bell tower and spire towered over the end with the doors and a second floor balcony also was at this end. What the church lacked in size did not diminish its charm or beauty. It's grandeur and magnificence was far better than I, the son of a simple peasant farmer deserved to be married in.

Beside me stood Pellenica and Treabilla as my 'groomsmen' of sorts, they were dressed the part and looked quite handsome. The ladies wore outfits similar to mine and we made quite the handsome trio. However they looked better than I in the smart yet simple attire, how could I compete with women as lovely as they?

I could not think of anyone else I would rather share this day with or be at my side at this joyous time. Valencia and Yeoline were Jealile's bridesmaids and had not walked down the isle as yet. I looked the crowd over at this moment and searched for familiar faces but found few comforting sights.

The church was packed with people and not a free seat could be found anywhere in the building. Most of the people were folks that I didn't know, nor had I even met once. Only a few select faces I recognized, otherwise it was a sea of strange faces and I felt alone in the crowd.

I would have liked for my family to be there. It would have been nice for my Father to see me then. I would have liked for my Brothers and Sisters to see how much I had accomplished during the brief time that I had been on Tania thus far. It was then, at the precipice of the happiest moment of my life that my lack of family stung me the most. I was happy to have met the close friends that were sharing this day with me. The ladies that I had met and befriended will have to do, and they felt like family to me. It was a similar feeling to what my heart yearned for, but it wasn't exactly the same thing. Nothing can replace the feeling of sharing a special moment with your real family.

Pellenica gave me a reassuring smile at that moment, almost as if she knew what I was thinking and wanted to comfort me. It was especially nice to have her near me on this day, I still cared for her but alas I knew that nothing could happen. She was still as kind and considerate as ever and in short was being a good and supportive friend on my special day. I smiled back at her to show my gratitude before casting my eyes out over the crowd once more.

There was a great deal of whispers, shared glances, pointing and hushed conversation that day. It was strange to see all this buzz about something as mundane and ordinary as a traditional wedding. However, everything that was normal concerning weddings and relationships to me was bizarre to the people of Tania. I surmised that the spectacle of 'one of their own' marrying 'The Outsider' was part of the excitement. Someone told me that this was the first wedding outside the Harvest Festival since wives were first selected at the Harvest Festival a few centuries ago. That might have also added to the buzz. Add to that the fact that Jealile and I would also be the first 'married couple' (one man, one woman) in an even longer spell. So I could in a way understand where all this excitement was coming from, but as long as I was marrying Jealile I was happy.

But the strange thing is that sometimes when you are so close to getting what you want, you start to second-guess everything. As I stood there, looking at the expectant faces of the crowd, I wondered if I was right to be marrying Jealile. Was it all too much, too soon? How well did we really know each other? Should I really make her my Firstwife so soon? Was that a grave mistake in itself? What if we were not compatible in the end? A thousand questions and doubts swirled in my head so much so that I thought my head would explode. However, another gentle pat on the shoulder from Pellenica brought a momentary calm in the storm.

As Valencia made her way down the isle, the storm moved to the outskirts of my mind. Her beauty was so captivating that I could not help but smile as she made her way down the isle in the elaborate white gown. Her blonde hair flowed well around her shoulders as she gracefully walked toward me. It was the first time I had seen her dressed up as a true woman should be and she indeed took my breath away. She smiled back at me warmly and could not take her eyes off of mine as she walked slowly towards the altar.

Yeoline looked positively radiant as she walked down the isle after Valencia in the same white dress. She had that innocent look about her that made her look as sweet as a child. However I knew different, while she was sweet and a touch naïve, she was not innocent. I already knew every curve of her body quite well by this point and desired to caress them again sometime soon. Her feminine assets and curves were no stranger to my touch and yet she looked as beautiful and pure as a virgin. I regretted that she was not walking down that isle to marry me that day but alas you can't have everything.

When my eyes fell on Jealile, the storms in my mind dissipated completely and my shaking stopped altogether. I knew at that moment as I looked at her walking down the isle toward me that everything would turn out right. Somehow just by having her near, knowing that we would spend our lives together soothed me. I can't begin to describe her beauty; any man who sees his bride walking down the isle toward him understands this. She was by far the most beautiful woman in the world at that moment and all others paled in comparison to her. I could hardly believe that I was as fortunate as to be able to call her my wife later that very day. I knew then that I would marry her, that I had to marry her, that I would be an absolute fool to do anything else.

I hadn't noticed the tears on my cheek but again Pellenica who stood right beside me as my 'best man' did. A hand on my shoulder in a comforting gesture brought me back to reality. I looked over at her and she gave me a loving look that held my focus for a fleeting moment before it disappeared and she looked away. When she looked back, her face had retuned to the colder, more subdued look of a friend. I wiped the tears from my cheeks just in time as Jealile arrived to stand beside me.

I felt the energy and excitement of having this woman who rivalled Venus standing beside me. What's more she stood there willingly and wanted to marry me, she chose to marry me! I was humbled that this marvellous woman who risked her life and career for me, wanted to marry lowly me. I could not understand what she saw in me and felt unworthy of such a spectacular woman. At that moment I also could not understand how such a remarkable woman could be passed over three times! I was clearly convinced that the male population of Tania was a bunch of blithering idiots! However, at that moment I was also relieved and thankful for that fact as well.

Most of the ceremony went by uneventfully; it was lovely, traditional and memorable and I will not bore you with the details. However there was one part that I will never forget to be sure. I doubt few others standing beside me will forget it soon either. It all happened quickly and was over just as quick but was no less astounding, yet in a way, and in retrospect it was predictable. The ceremony had lumbered on as tastefully and majestically as you could expect and had arrived at the exchanging of the vows. I said my vow but when it was Jealile's turn I distinctly heard two women answer affirmatively, one from either side of me.

At first I thought I was hearing things or that it was an echo from the stone building, but the look in Jealile's eyes told that this was not so. I looked over at Pellenica and the silent horror; sheer terror on her face told me that indeed she had also answered with Jealile. When her eyes met mine the pleading look in her desperate eyes begged Jealile and I not to say anything. I looked back at Jealile and we nodded to each other and nothing was said at that moment. Jealile's face shared the concern and curiosity over this development from a trusted friend.

I still cared a great deal for Pellenica and had wished that something could have happened between us but alas she was married. I had thought or at least had convinced myself that what had transpired in the isolation of the officer's quarters was only a passing moment. A fleeting temptation for an otherwise happily married woman if you will. I had not allowed myself to believe for even a second that any feelings stronger than close friendship remained between us. It would have been too painful for me to think otherwise, to hold on to pointless hope.

I had my own secret wishes and desires for her, after all I am a man and she was a remarkable woman of both beauty and character. I even felt bad over that; after all it isn't exactly the proper thing to do, lust after another man's wife and all. To have her share those feelings and desires for me, someone who was not her husband was not an easy thing for me to take. On one hand my heart was elated that she might yet still care for me as I did for her. Alas it would do neither of us any good, even if it were true, it might even be dangerous for the both of us at this point.

However I desperately wanted to pull Pellenica aside and talk to her over this matter right then and there, but it was not the time nor the place. Clearly there was something that needed to be discussed between the three of us. I hoped that time would permit that discussion sometime soon, but for now silence was the best and most sensible course.

The rest of the ceremony went well and was thankfully uneventful. Pellenica however still could not look Jealile or I in the eye, and that saddened me. But I could not take the time to deal with that now, for now I had to pretend that all was well. The whole place was stunned silent however when the part came for me to declare Jealile my Firstwife. After I did so there was another brief moment of silence before an eruption of cheering.

The long line of people who wished to offer their congratulations to us after the ceremony kept us from adjourning to the reception. The majority of the people I talked to were complete strangers but friendly all the same. Most of the people wanted to talk to Jealile it seamed, wanting to know what it was like to have a husband all to herself.

Most of the ladies both young and old were tickled pink about this point and repeatedly this point came up. While some ladies were jealous, most were curious and intrigued at the strange and bizarre concept of a man having only one wife. The ladies in the wedding party were gracious about all the attention focused on Jealile and I. They didn't seem to mind too much the extra time standing there at the doors of the church. As time wore on the ladies did get a little testy, but it was forgivable especially Yeoline and Pellenica.

But none of them stormed off or make a scene; they just stood there graciously. I was not unmindful of how it must have been for them, especially Yeoline. She was still engaged to me at the time, having to watch her friend marry me that day and still she had to wait months and even then it was only a chance for us to marry. I could not help thinking of Pellenica, for if she truly did care for me she too must be enduring a special kind of torture.

"Tell me the truth dear." A plump old woman said giddily as she leaned in to talk to Jealile. "Are you going to let him near the next Harvest Festival?" She giggled with mischievous excitement as she winked at Jealile in a conspiratory manner.

"I don't know, I haven't thought about that." Jealile said with a shy grin and a smile to match as she glanced at me.

"I'd keep him locked up if I was you! Having a handsome husband like that all you yourself! An Estate Master at that! Some of us don't know how lucky we are! No sir would I want to share him with anyone!" The plump woman said with a smile and a wink in my direction and at the moment I felt like a prized cow at market.

"Well, I'll just have to spend the next few months convincing him that I'm the only woman he needs." Jealile replied with sultry self-assurance, laying it on thick for the crowd and getting a noise of understanding from them. "Just kidding of course darling." Jealile said coyly as she kissed me on the cheek. Jealile flashed a knowing smile to the crowd that kept them guessing as to Jealile's true intentions, but I knew different.

I could see that she was enjoying the notoriety of her unusual position as the first married woman in almost five centuries to have no Fellowives. As you can see that would make her a bit of a celebrity to say the least. I loved her and simply let her enjoy her special day and moment in the sun. I let her make me the subject of a few light-hearted jokes and took them all in stride. There was a joyful playfulness to the day that was contagious but not everyone was amused by Jealile's behaviour.

"We'll see about that." Yeoline said as quietly as she could, under her breath to Valencia who stood beside her and nodded her agreement.

Yeoline's eyes burned as they stared at Jealile intently; her blood was boiling and she was quickly reaching her limit. The day was hard on Yeoline, being so close to what she wanted but yet so far from it. After all, she was at a wedding with me but it was Jealile whom I was marrying that day, not her. I was still engaged to Yeoline and still intended to select her at the next Harvest Festival but that was months away. I could understand how Yeoline was feeling, and felt for her. Seeing Jealile flaunt the fact that she alone was married to me not anyone else her did not please Yeoline at all. I knew I needed to reassure her that she still was special to me.

"Ladies you're all forgetting the other special lady in my life, who I also intend to marry." I said to the crowd as I put my other arm around Yeoline's waist and pulled her close to my other side. "I couldn't forget to attend the next Harvest Festival for one very important reason." I said with a smile and a squeeze of Yeoline's waist, pressing her even tighter to me. Her face brightened up at this, glad to be remembered and thought of on Jealile's special day.

"Well, maybe I'll let you keep just one pet." Jealile said with a playful tone while shaking her finger just an inch from my nose in a manner as if she had regretfully given in on this point. Her smiles and joyful exuberance could not be hidden as she kissed me and it was a very light scolding I received indeed.

"Thank you dear." I said as I kissed Jealile back and gave Yeoline another squeeze around the waist.

"Maybe." Jealile said playfully with a wink in Yeoline's direction who playfully scowled back a silent warning.

That lasted but a moment before all of us burst into playful laughter, and for the moment all was well. That is until the embrace was broken and Yeoline had to go back to standing in Jealile's shadow. For the most part Yeoline was fine with it, but I could see that it bothered her not to be included now. Again, her uncomfortable feelings were understandable and yet she did not make a scene or pout in any way. I knew her well enough to see her hidden feelings, but on the outside it was undetectable. Quietly and gracefully she suffered in silence and I marvelled at her ability and willingness to do so.

Before long the reception line was finished and we made our way to Perriolich's house for the reception feast. The entire upper courtyard had been transformed into a grand open-skied reception hall. There were tables everywhere arranged in an inner and outer semicircular ring that allowed plenty of room to walk in between the tables. The head table was at one side of the courtyard against the side pillars yet still in the focal point of the rings of tables. There was an area cleared out in the middle of it all that allowed for dancing. A minstrel group provided light music and there were plenty of lanterns around to provide lots of light when things got late.

I almost didn't recognize the place as instead of the cold stone courtyard there was now light, colour, life and music. The place was packed with people, all seemingly waiting for us to arrive yet talking happily amongst themselves. A cheer went up when the crowd had noted our arrival and Miranda motioned for us to come to the head table.

"Typical of Father." Jealile chuckled lightly to herself as she surveyed the crowd.

"What's that?" I asked as we started toward the head table with me escorting Jealile as a gentleman should.

"He has a way of turning everything to his advantage." Jealile quietly said to me out of the corner of her mouth while smiling and waving at the crowd.

"What do you mean?" I asked in similar clandestine fashion.

"Apart from my family and our friends, everyone else here is either a business associate or client of my Father." Jealile said as she smiled and waived at her Father who waved back at us and indicated that he would speak to us shortly.

As I looked around, most of the crowd did seem the older and wealthier type and Perriolich was doing his best to talk to everyone personally. He was either trying to play the perfect host or a good businessman trying to butter everyone up. Even though it seemed a bit tasteless to use your own Daughter's wedding as a mingling opportunity I could not begrudge him for it. After all he had paid for everything and besides, you can't expect a wolf not act like a wolf can you?

"Well he did arrange for us to be married and gave us the money we needed, what does it matter if he invites a few key guests?" I replied in hopes it would satisfy her, help her to see the bright side.

"I know, he has been generous, more so than I expected." Jealile sighed before continuing. "For a while there I believed that the only reason he was doing all this was for me, to show me that he loves me and is proud of me." Jealile said with at twinge of sadness in her voice.

"He did! He is proudly showing you off to not only family and friends but to those that are important to him . . . not to mention the whole city!" I said as we stopped at the head table and kissed her while holding her head in my hands. "He is proud of you, I am, who wouldn't be!" I smiled assuredly and she returned my smile.

"Thank you Dear." Jealile replied just as Perriolich walked up to us and stood beside Merandia who was now also beside Jealile and I.

"Good to see you again dear." Perriolich said as he embraced his daughter and kissed her on both cheeks, she did likewise to him. "Beautiful wedding indeed, you looked absolutely radiant! A more beautiful bride I've not ever seen!" Perriolich said proudly as he smiled at his daughter while still embracing her.

"Oh stop it Father." Jealile protested as she blushed. A bright smile on her face would not be denied nor hidden.

"You looked handsome yourself son. Welcome to the family Brian." Perriolich said as he slapped my shoulder and smiled at me broadly before turning to the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce you to Tania's newest 'couple' Mr. and Mrs. Brian Westlock!" Perriolich announced to the crowd. "The first time in almost five centuries that a man has married only one woman and it is indeed my Daughter!" Perriolich finished proudly as he presented us to the crowd. The crowd responded with cheering and clapping and general merriment of the happy moment.

tempter
tempter
48 Followers