Brian's Adventures Ch. 12

Story Info
Rialtige.
13.5k words
4.7
17.4k
00

Part 12 of the 17 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/16/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
tempter
tempter
47 Followers

Chapter Twelve: Rialtige

The next morning came all too soon if you ask me. I was quite content to hold Jealile late into the morning but yet we knew that we had to get moving. The day would not wait for anyone and the road was calling us ever onward towards Kincaid. The sun was up and climbing ever higher by the time we were ready for the road. As you can imagine it takes some time to hitch the wagon, load it, and then arrange the equipment, supplies and personal stuff in it just so. Of course we had to have breakfast and tend to the minor things that all of us need to attend to before hitting the road.

I was tying down the last strap to conceal the contents of the wagon better. I had purchased a piece of canvas from one of the local merchants and had stretched it over the back of the wagon. Its purpose was to keep the elements out as well as keeping prying eyes out as the Guard had suggested. At the front of the wagon just behind the driver's bench I had arranged a few chests in a sort of bench of their own. I left just enough room for your feet, so it made a nice little spot up front where we could all sit in comfort near each other.

Had I known that we would have had this many people with us I would have arranged more suitable transportation. That coach was looking better than ever now. But alas that would have made at least four horses, one wagon and one coach. One for luggage and one for people! Hardly practical and this would have to do, never the less nobody seemed to complain much about the transportation.

About this time I noticed coming towards us a familiar face that I recognized from the night before, so I smiled and waved hello. It was one of the Innkeepers daughters, Revealia as a mater of fact. She was speeding toward us at that moment and did not wave back at me or responded to my greeting at all. Following shortly after her was a man dressed in an all black robe and black hat. Revealia's face was red and I could see that she was angry about something. The man behind her looked slightly disinterested and didn't appear to like being roused to trouble this early in the day.

"There they are!" Revealia snorted as she got near to us. "There are the adulterers!" She shouted so the whole street could hear as she pointed to Yeoline and myself.

"What on earth are you talking about?" I replied indignantly with a look to match, pretending not to know what she was talking about.

"I know what happened last night! I'm not stupid you know!" Revealia hissed as she drew too close to my face.

"Are you sure about that?" Yeoline shot in with glaring eyes.

"I know sex when I hear it!" Revealia snapped, glaring at Yeoline then back at me. "Admit it! You couldn't remain faithful to your one wife could you?" Revealia said with gritted teeth as she glared at me.

"Calm down my child, there is an orderly way to handle this." The black robed man said at last. "I am Reverend Petroliech and I am here to settle accusations of adultery between the two of you." The Reverend said slowly and deliberately. "Tell me, what happened last night my child, what did you see?" The Reverend finished and pointed to Revealia.

"I'll tell ya plain enough! He had . . . relations with her?" Revealia said pointing to Yeoline and myself once more.

"Relations? Please be more specific my child." The Reverend said calmly, now appearing more interested in the whole business that he had been dragged into.

"Sexual Relations!" Revealia said in a hushed tone.

"Is this true?" The Reverend asked me with a raised eyebrow and a distasteful look on his face as he spoke to me.

"Absolutely not!" I replied indignantly.

"Are you sure my son?" Reverend Petroliech asked, taking greater interest as he slightly glared at me. "Don't compound your sins by lying about it!" The Reverend said with his greatest tone of doom and warning. "I ask you again my son, did you have sexual relations with this woman?" The Reverend finished with a forgiving look that expected my forthcoming confession as he pointed to Yeoline.

"No, No, No, No, No, No, No!" I repeated with the force of my conviction pounding my fist on the cart to punctuate each word. I hoped that I didn't have to deny my relations with Yeoline, as it didn't seem right to deny the expression of love for someone so dear. We were ambushed as a manner of speaking and caught unawares. I only hoped that she would understand, the looks that she gave me at the time told me so.

"Admit it! You did her last night didn't you?" Revealia spat at me with hatred. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!" I said loudly pointing at Yeoline with a finger that looked dangerously close to accusatory.

"I know what I heard! I know what I saw!" Revealia snarled an inch away from Yeoline's face as the four breasts that were proudly on display last night were mashed together now.

"Tell me my child, what exactly did you see and hear last night?" The Reverend asked Revealia calmly.

"Well." She said in a calmer tone and backed away from Yeoline. "Late last night, I saw that one go into their room and shortly thereafter heard sounds of 'sexual relations' happening in there! It didn't take much to figure out what was happening!" Revealia said sounding proud with herself looking down her nose at Yeoline and myself.

"Is that all?" The Reverend asked with a raised eyebrow of doubt.

"What do you mean is that all? That's enough isn't it? I heard them have sex!" Revealia snarled at the Reverend.

"What I mean my child is, did you SEE them having sex? Do you have any evidence?" The Reverend asked curiously and patiently waited for an answer. Revealia sputtered a bit for a moment, muttering to herself flashing evil glances at all three of us.

"What about that stain!" Revealia said at long last pointing to a stain on Yeoline's dress. It was a small circular stain on the upper bodice of the blue dress over the right breast.

"What stain?" Yeoline snorted, not knowing what Revealia was talking about.

"This stain!" Revealia spat as she lifted up Yeoline's entire right breast!

Dress, breast and all were held up for the examination of everyone with the stain at the top as Revealia held Yeoline's breast with both hands. In her frustration and rage she didn't think just to point to it or lift the fabric to indicate the stain. Instead she grabbed the whole fleshy mound and lifted it for inspection. For a comical moment Revealia stood there with Yeoline's right breast held high. Nobody knew just what to say or even to laugh or not.

"That's breakfast you idiot!" Yeoline snapped as she grabbed her breast out of Revealia's clutches. "You could have just pointed you MORON!" Yeoline growled as she straightened her dress.

The Reverend dutifully walked over and examined the stain quite thoroughly and for a drawn out short while. I could not tell if he was examining the stain all this while or simply where it was located. I know that I myself would find it hard to focus on a stain were I so close to so lovely a breast. After his examination was finished and the Reverend stood back up straight; only the slightest of smirk could be seen on his face.

"I do agree, that looks more egg-ish then suspicious. Nothing of consequence here." The Reverend said then turned to leave, but not before speaking to Yeoline once more. "Do try to eat more carefully in the future, my child." The Reverend said and started to leave, much to the obvious protest of Revealia.

"Yes Reverend." Yeoline said respectfully.

"What!" Revealia shouted as she grabbed the Reverend's arm. "You're letting them get away with it?" Revealia snarled at the Reverend who stopped in his tracks and glared at her.

"By your testimony and evidence we could convict every man whose child has run to him for comfort due to a storm at night! You have not offered one bit of proof!" Said the Reverend in the most scolding and scathing of calm tones.

The rest of us snickered under our breaths, at this development and reveled in the snarling, defeated and red face of Revealia. The woman stormed away and disappeared into the Inn sputtering all the way, warning of her revenge that surely would come. The three of us simply finished packing and decided to make a hasty exit out of town. For some reason it seemed we had worn out our welcome and we did not want to press things further.

However after we left the outskirts of town we looked to the sides of the road for any sign of our companions. It was the longest mile I remember in my life as we scoured both sides of that tree-lined road for any movement. We would slow down now and then when some movement that could have been a person caught our eye. However, as we rode further and further down that road we grew more agitated and our nerves more strained. The longer we rode down that road the louder our fears in our minds became.

As the bridge drew closer we all were greatly concerned. If things had gone as planned we knew that we should have met up with them by this point. Yeoline was the most concerned out of all of us, looking more intently at both sides and becoming more agitated as the ride wore on. As we pulled into the clearing that we were supposed to meet them I arranged the wagon in such a manner that we could take off in a hurry.

"I don't like it." I said as I stepped down out of the wagon and looked around.

"You're not the only one." Jealile said as she hopped out of the wagon after me and walked a few paces into the woods.

"They should've been here by now! We should have run into them along the road!" Yeoline said now quite distressed and worried.

"They'll be here!" Jealile said as she emerged out of the woods.

"Something's wrong!" Yeoline said in a near panic.

"They just got delayed." Jealile said as she embraced Yeoline in an effort to calm her but it was little use.

"Something's happened to them, I just know it!" Yeoline said as her eyes got wet and Jealile held her tighter.

"I knew it was a mistake to split up." I grumbled as Yeoline's dark mood started to seep under my skin.

"Don't you start!" Jealile warned flashing a stern look at me.

"Fine." I replied curtly.

I paced back and forth for a few moments while Jealile and Yeoline sat holding each other and we all waited. Time ticked by slowly and the strain of doing nothing while our friends were out there somewhere wore heavy on us. After a near eternity of waiting and almost going near insane from the strain of inactivity, I broke.

"We're going back for them." I said sternly as I jumped up into the wagon and grabbed the reigns.

"That's stupid! We're supposed to meet them here!" Jealile said as she rushed to my side and held my hands still. "We'll pass them by on the way back more then likely!" Jealile replied just as sternly and then calmed her tone down. "Then we'll be spending all day looking for each other and get nowhere." Jealile said as she looked in my eyes deeply. "I'm worried about them as much as you are, but we must stay here." She finished and watched me calm down, as I looked her over.

"Fine, you two stay here and wait for them, I'll sneak back and see if I can find them." I said calmly yet firmly. "Yeoline's right, they left before us and they should have been here by now. We can't all go back, you're right about that. Someone must go back and find them. No doubt, they need our help, we can't just leave them behind." I argued and watched as Jealile's face slowly warmed to my way of thinking as I spoke.

However, I should have known my dear wife better, for now she grabbed her sword that was stored with the equipment. She had taken a few paces away from the wagon by the time that I had jumped down and caught up with her.

"What are you doing?" I asked knowing, but not liking the answer.

"You're right, we need to find them but only one of us needs to go." Jealile said with a determined glare.

"You're not going anywhere." I warned. "It's too dangerous!" I snapped and held her arm and my eyes pleaded with her to reconsider.

"I am a well trained ex-guard, skilled in stealth, scouting and other arts of combat. You my dear husband are a Farmer and a Sailor, but a Fighter of my equal you are not, though I love you just the same. I love you dearly my husband but you will not get past me into those woods!" Jealile said with the firm, determined look that I already knew well. I knew that this was not a time to cross her. "I do not want have to find you and save you as well as Treabilla and Shelea" Jealile said calmer and more tenderly, like a woman who loved me as much as I loved her. I could see that she wanted to spare me from harm as much as I wanted to spare her from harm. "Please, stow your ego and watch the wagon." Jealile said as she gave me a kiss and turned to leave.

"Sweetheart! Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked with a smirk as she turned back to look at me in a nice brown and white dress while holding her drawn sword in her hand.

"I don't have time for this! What is it?" Jealile said impatiently as she paused only momentarily to talk to me.

"Wouldn't it be better if you weren't in a dress?" I asked with a broad smile looking her up and down.

I couldn't help it; it seemed so odd to see a woman in a dress with a sword drawn, ready for battle. She looked dainty, womanly and charming and yet at the same time menacing, and somehow foolish. So as I smiled at her, I couldn't help myself. It started as a light snicker that wouldn't be hidden no matter how hard I tried and grew from there. That snicker was contagious it seamed as Yeoline also started to snicker and chuckle. Soon enough all three of us had burst into laughter as even Jealile had to admit that she looked foolish.

"Bloody hell! Give me a decent change of clothes!" Jealile said in an angry chuckle as she stuck her sword in the ground and rushed to the wagon.

Her rummaging had not started long when noises could be heard far off and approaching fast. Leaves crunching, twigs breaking, branches swishing back into place could be heard getting louder and nearer. It was coming from the other side of the road and whatever it was, whoever it was did not bother with stealth. Jealile stopped searching for pants and grabbed her sword and stood her ground firmly. Yeoline drew her sword and stood beside Jealile and both women sternly examined the forest for any revealing sign.

The noises were closer than ever now and I pulled out the bow and a quiver of arrows from the wagon. I had not shot a bow in ages, not since the few times my Father took me hunting back home. I was not going to stand by and let the ladies fight for me! For better or worse I readied an arrow, drew back and aimed in the direction of the moving noise.

Now the noises were closer than ever and a few shadowy figures could be seen running through the woods at great speed. At first it was hard to tell much about them, other then they were not animals and they were in a hurry. A few tense seconds passed by and the figures came more and more into view; I could now count three people running. The two figures in front had cloaks flying behind them, the last one did not but they were all running hard. The lead figure was taller then the others and had a slight lead on the back two who were smaller and could not keep up. The lead figure kept looking back behind them, not out of fear but worry.

"Hurry up! We're almost there!" Said the lead figure over her shoulder in a very familiar voice that I couldn't quite place. "Move it you two?" The lead figure spoke again and this time I knew it was Treabilla.

"Treabilla?" I asked shocked and curious.

"Treabilla!" The ladies shouted and once we lowered our weapons, only slightly.

Treabilla came bursting into view with Shelea soon after her also in a great hurry. Hot on her heels was a young man not much older or taller than Shelea. He looked thin and lean, wiry and nimble. His blonde hair was short and messed up, in short he looked scruffy. His clothes were a little on the shabby side but not rags, clearly he looked like he had seen better days. His eyes were blue and wide with fear as he saw Jealile, Yeoline and myself armed and pointing weapons at him.

"Get in the wagon! We've got to get out of here quick!" Treabilla shouted to us as she crossed the road not letting up her speed.

"What happened?" I asked concerned, not at all liking neither surprises like this nor unwanted guests.

"Who's he?" Jealile asked pointing at the young man with her sword who had stopped at the other edge of the road, not wanting to cross it. He had good reason for two swords and one arrow was at that moment aimed at his heart with deadly intentions.

"He's a friend! I'll explain on the way! Now lets move!" Treabilla shouted impatiently, she was now up in the wagon and had the reigns in her hands. "Get in!" She shouted as the wagon started to slowly move.

We didn't need to be told again and in a mad dash we all hopped up into the wagon as it picked up speed. As the last of us scrambled into the wagon, it picked up even more speed. The wagon lurched forward as Treabilla cracked the reigns again demanding more and more speed from the horses. Just then the horses broke into a full gallop, running as fast as they could. Hooves thundered and dust clouds filled the air as that poor wagon hurtled down the road far too fast for my liking.

This was supposed to be an uneventful trip to Kincaid not a mad dash away from unknown danger in fear of our lives. I stewed as I sat in the back of the wagon while Treabilla drove the horses like a madwoman. In the hurried rush to get away from who knows what; Treabilla, Yeoline and Shelea ended up front leaving Jealile and myself with the scruffy looking stranger in the back.

On more then a few turns I was tempted to simply push him out; I didn't know him or why he was here. It would have been simpler to have him 'fall' out of the wagon on some wild turn, but alas it was not me. I trusted Treabilla's judgment or rather I said I did and she had not steered me wrong as yet. I had no reason to mistrust her or question her loyalty, so if she said he was a friend then that should be the end of it.

However I wanted questions answered and was growing increasingly impatient to have them answered. We were on a seemingly increasingly perilous journey and had no room for odd strangers. With dangers all around us I didn't like the idea of inviting peril into our midst; it seamed a foolish idea.

From the way Treabilla was driving I could see that I was not the only one afraid for my life. Shelea had a firm grasp on the wagon and was not letting go for anything. Yeoline had clutched Treabilla tight from the moment she got in the wagon and had not let her grip up yet. I was certain that a close and tight grip like that would have hampered Treabilla's ability to drive the wagon but she didn't complain. Jealile and I held onto each other as well as the wagon through the twists and turns, bumps and jostles. On one or two occasions I even pulled the stranger back into the wagon, though I don't know why. It would have been the perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of the unwanted passenger. I suppose that my curiosity and decency got the better of me.

After the horses had run for quite a while, they could not run anymore and dropped back to a trot and then to a walk. No matter what Treabilla did they wouldn't run, they couldn't run; she kept them walking and did not press them anymore that day.

We had covered a good deal of ground by now and found ourselves in open country again. As the breeze of the warm day wafted over us we relaxed breathed a bit easier. As the serene surroundings abounded us, I hoped that finally I could get some of the answers I wanted.

"Do you mind telling us what that was all about?" I asked Treabilla who seemed to need a moment to catch her breath and calm down from the excitement.

tempter
tempter
47 Followers