Brockway Mountain Dove Ch. 02

Story Info
Ciaran gets a date with the girl he's wanted for ten years.
968 words
4.17
7.6k
1

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/15/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I woke to the heat of the morning sun on my face and across my chest. I opened my eyes a sliver to see the wooden ceiling of my bedroom, and I sighed. Fuck, that was a good dream... I rolled over, only for something to get in the way. I looked down, and sighed at myself. Morning wood, of course. That always seemed to happen when I dreamt of her... It'd go away soon enough. I rose from bed and ran my fingers back over my head, smoothing my fur. My ears perked forward and I turned to face my bedroom mirror. Staring back at me was an image I took great pride in keeping up. Thick and glossy mahogany fur, solid except for the lighter color on my face and front. I examined myself thoroughly as I did every morning. If I wasn't happy with something, I would fix it as fast as possible. I was satisfied with my fit and broad build and my fur looked nice, requiring only smoothing here and there. And then I came to my least favorite feature. My eyes. They were bright and cold blue. I didn't like them, they made me look younger than I really was. Most werewolves like my lost their blue eyes around twelve. Mine had never gone away, and I was already twenty-five. But girls loved them. Especially human girls, so I didn't try to fix them with contacts or anything like that.

I currently wore only my black boxers, the only thing I wore to bed if I ever wore anything at all. I went and rummaged through my pinewood dresser and found a pair of dark blue jeans. Most of us male werewolves in the tribe didn't wear shirts til winter. We had our fur to keep us warm and protected. So, I pulled on the jeans and made my way out to my small kitchen. I went looking through my fridge, only to find I had pretty much nothing. Oh, well. I had to go to Eagle Harbor for groceries before the fall festival started anyway. I let the fridge door swing shut and I grabbed my keys from the counter. Outside, my blue Ford pickup waited for me, and when I hopped in and hit the ignition, it groaned to life. I needed a new truck... I drove off down the mountain path and on toward Copper Harbor's nearest neighbor, Eagle Harbor, a larger town with more people and less peace. I hated cities, that was why I hadn't left the tribe when I turned eighteen... well, that and Selene. As I entered Eagle Harbor, I flicked on my radio to the old bluegrass channel and tapped my foot on the accelerator after hitting the cruise control. It didn't take me long to reach the general store. Whatever I couldn't get here, Copper Harbor's store had it. If these places didn't have it, you didn't need it, that was the area's motto about the shops. I parked on the street and made my way inside, only to stumble when I stopped myself from running into Selene.

She froze when she thought I was going to run her over, but I caught myself in time and chuckled, "Sorry. Here, let me help you." She smiled softly at me as I gathered her three bags of groceries from her hands and opened the door from her. I carried it all out to her white Dodge pickup and I offered a bright grin, opening the truck door for her after setting everything in the truck bed.

"You're too sweet," Selene chuckled, reaching up to pull my head down, and she kissed my muzzle just above my nose. She'd done it many times, and not just to me. It was just like a friendly kiss on the cheek in thanks between good friends, but my heart was pounding almost painfully hard against my chest as if trying to jump out.

"I try," I managed to choke out as she climbed up into her truck. "So, um..." I tried to recover quickly, "You doing anything Saturday?" Maybe I could get her for a date for once!

"I'm sorry, love, I'm going out with Dane." Motherfucker!

"Oh... Are you guys like... an item?" I asked hopelessly, but tried to keep a smile.

"He likes to think so..."

"So you're not on board with him?"

"No."

"So... skip him. Come join me," I offered, hoping she'd drop the jerk. Dane was a fucking douche-bag who never treated girls right, and to think of him wanting to turn Selene into another notch in his bedpost made my blood boil. But Selene's answer froze it.

"I think I will." She smiled down at me as she pulled the door closed.

"Sweet," I grinned like an idiot, and I leaned on the truck door. "It'll be worth it, I promise."

"Should I bring anything?"

"Hm... How about just a bottle of wine and that pretty smile?" I laid on the charm, and my heart leapt when she laughed. God, it was beautiful.

"Sounds good, Romeo. I'll meet you at the lighthouse Saturday at... say, four?"

"Perfect. Better than perfect," I stepped back, and with a sweet goodbye, she drove off. FUCK YEAH!!!!!!! The moment she was out of sight, I briefly considered doing a back flip til I noticed two older ladies coming down the street. I composed myself quickly, but my heart beat like a drum, happy as could be. But I couldn't get ahead of myself. Selene was a goddess worthy of taking everything slow and steady. I had to take it one step at a time and prove to her that I was worth skipping out on Dane for. And maybe, just maybe... one day she'd be mine.