Broken Valentines

Story Info
A test of friendships, and new beginnings.
9.3k words
2.73
16.4k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone in this story is 18 or older. This is also a demo piece to see how much my writing has improved since high school, and is the first of 5 stories with the title "Broken". For the most part they all take place with in 48 hours of Feb 14 & deal with Atreyu in some way.

"Alright class today we will have a new student teacher joining us."

Mr. Franklin stated as he greeted his Honors 12th grade class. Rachael looked around the room. It seemed as if only the girls were excited by the arrival of the new student teacher do to the fact it was a guy. As she looked around her eyes meet her best friend's. She stared at him, if anyone looked at him now it was hard to tell he was a formed gangbanger. High school had help him chill out a lot unlike herself Atreyu had all Honors classes and college courses and was number one in the school's rankings.

"I guess your not that interested in the new teacher are you Rachael?"

"What do you means?" she asked a friend who set behind her.

"Well you're always hanging out with the nerd right. So you must like him no?"

She had to think for a minute. To clean up his image Atreyu had changed cities after middle school, and even though they had been friend since early childhood after he came back to town in 9th grade she rarely spoke to him at school.

"You know how it is, his smart so it pays to be nice to him."

She lied, Atreyu was one of those guys who hide that fact that they were really cool and good looking behind a nerd look and acted so as to not stand out in the student's lines.

"Aright class after you come back from gym Mr. Ashley will be here so please be on time to class. And Mr. Valentino the principle would like you back no later then 10:30am." They all watch as Atreyu stood up grabbing a small backpack as he did.

"Alright I will sir. Is the list done for the welcome party?"

"Yeah it's done but April took it earlier so all you need to do is get what you were asked to pick up." He nodded placing the bag back on his desk.

"Cool so I don't have to borrow my friend's car." He said as he took a helmet out of his bag. 'This is new' Rachael though, Atreyu never rode to school but she brushed it off.

Atreyu was on his way out of the main gate when the viper cut him off.

"What the hells you fucking problem bitch?" was all he could get to clean his throat. He had held up pretty well over the last 3 and so years of high school, but old habits died hard. He had a lot of pressure on him. Being top student, pretending he was a nerd and the fact that he was mixed in 85% all white school didn't help much. And the one person he though he could count on pretended not to know him at school unless she needed something once they had entered high school.

"We run in two different crowds now!" was her reasoning for dissing him at school. The driver of the viper got out of his car as Atreyu set on his ninja.

"I'm bro sorry about that I was running late for my first day of student teaching!" the sun bleached blonde said. 'Great our new student teachers a dumbass' he thought as he looked up at the man how had 7 inches on his 5'8". Since he didn't remove his helmet he was free to say what he wanted,

"Watch what you're fucking doing next time!" he then gunned his engined which cause anyone out on the ground to look at the gates.

"All right is everyone back? So as many of you know we are having a student teacher joining our class..." Mr. Franklin waved to the door which opened and a tall semi-casual dressed young man entered the room. After a few whispered words to the teacher he turned to the class,

"Hello my name is Kay C. Ashley. I'll we'll be with your class for the next six weeks." All the girls were instantly attracted to him. He looked like one of the guys you see in those teen dramas on TV... blonde, blue eyed, very handsome and hot because he was older. As they girls started to ask him questions and the guys started to warm up to him. Another unknown person slipped into the class.

"Oh ok your back!" Mr. Franklin was caught off guard so everyone turned their attention back to the front of the class. Yet another new person... or was he. Once they move their long silky dark brown hair and slipped his glasses back on they realized it was Atreyu.

"Did you pick them up?" Mr. Franklin questioned him, to which he nodded.

"Have her come in." he left the room once more.

"Class I have one more person to introduce to the class." Atreyu came back in and took his set as a cute little Indian girl entered the class.

"Alright this is Caria Ali. She is an exchange student from England. She will be with us till the end of the school year."

"Hi" was all she said before taking her set next to Atreyu.

They held the welcome party right after the final class of the day. All the girls swarmed around Mr. Ashley "K.C." as he like to be called, well the boys swarmed around the timid Caria, who hide behind Atreyu. "K.C. where are you staying well your at our school?"

"A friend who works in town is letting me crash at his place."

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Not at the moment." The guys were having no luck with Caria who had buried her face into the back of Atreyu.

"Mr. Franklin is it okay if we leave?" the teacher just nodded as he was enjoying the food and could careless.

"What you guys are leaving together! Why?"

"Because she is staying at my place since it just me and my grandmother, plus we're old friends." Atreyu told the guys who here pissed that the nerd was hogging the new girl. So as they left he got to listen to the usual name calling and shit. As he passed by the girls he slipped Rachael keys into her pocket and at the door said,

"See you later."

Like he thought Rachael did show up that evening.

"Where's the new girl?"

"Grams took her shopping."

Yep this was the side of him only she got to see. He had inherited the best from both his parents. She followed him into the bathroom and did like she had since he came back home set at the sink well he showered.

"So what do you think of the new teacher?" he popped his head out so she could hear him,

"The asshole cut me off. I don't trust him."

"Well I like him."

"Yeah and so do all the other girls in class and by tomorrow the rest of the school. Just be careful okay!" Ten minutes later he turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, as she turned away.

"Why turn it's not like you haven't seen me naked before! I mean we use to bath together" he laughed as he slipped the jeans up over his dark toned legs, "Okay I got pants on."

"That was like ten years a... Hey pull'em up please!"

"Oh come on you seen more when we go to the beach." He placed his hands in his pocket causing them to fall lower on his hips. What he said was true his bathing suit covered less but that and this were to different things. She studied his body... it was a fighters body built in battle with the scars to prove it. Covering it was smooth ebony skin, the large xXx tattoo on the back of his neck showing he live a Straight Edge life. And on his left shoulder he had his S.D.W. (Sons of Dark Wolf) gang tattoo as well as his leadership tattoo on his chest.

"So where are you working?" she asked as she helped him get ready for work. She loved doing his hair. It was easy to work with since it was silky, straight not the normal nappy afro-like most black man had. She once asked him what he was and his answer was,

"I'm a mutt. I am Black Indian, Creole-Gypsy, and Afro-Asian... a mutt."

"I'm working for Kelly to night." She didn't like the idea of him working for Kelly Rogers.

"So how many Jane's tonight?"

"Three. First one I'm her date to a family dinner, so about an hour and a half. Second one is a high school reunion, 2 hours and a half... 3 at most. And the last one wants me to stay the night. So I should be bring home at lest $650 for nine hours of work!"

Like that 2 weeks went by with out much happening except for Atreyu's locker getting trashed, his books burned and his car getting the windows smashed out. So when Friday came around he was on edge. It was lunch time and Rachael found him in the nurse's office with Caria, "Sorry Atreyu it's entirely my fault their doing this to you!" she cried into her hands.

"Noh this has been going on for the last 3 years they just now have a reason to steep up their games."

"Hey Atreyu I heard what happen to you stuff do you know how did it?" Rachael had to step back when he turned his garnet eyes on her. He was pissed and she knew it.

"Yeah I know who did it and I'm going to fuck them up to!"

"You can't what about you good boy image?" she wasn't worried about him keeping it up for him but for her so that only she know that side of him... her, his grandmother and Caria.

"Like it matter, shit not like they would recognize me with out my glasses and crappy clothes. Hey Mrs. Andrews do you have a razor?" the two girls watch as he shaved his grungy beard and mustache then untied his hair. "Wow I didn't know you were a cutie AV!" the nurse said as she handed him a towel,

"Hey there's a lot about me that no one knows about." He gave her a saucy smile. Then went to the over to the bed to grab his bag and pulled out his cell.

"Yo it's me. It 10:45 right now you got 5 hours to get everyone together and bring them up to New Chester. Call me when you are an hour out I met up with you. Bring your colors but don't wear them up!" his voice lost it plainness and was replaced with a sexy smoothness. "Caria you got your stuff right?" she nodded. "Good were leaving early today, if that's alright with you Mrs. Andrews?" he was putting on a charm Rachael didn't know he had and in a way it scared her.

"No... No I don't mind! If anyone asks I'll just say I got a call from your grandma." She was very flustered by how he was acting she had know this boy since his second week of 9th grade and not once had he acted like this. He had been a weak but sweet cute child like a puppy, now she felt he was strong, handsome, and a sexy young man... a Wolf. He took Caria's hand and bag then made his way over to the door and stopped.

"I almost forgot!" with three sets he had the nurse face in his hands and her lips to his. Both girls watch in astonishment as it became a soul kiss and the older woman began to loss strength in her legs. He only broke the kiss when she was safe setting in her chair,

"Thank you for taking care of me over the years!"

Rachael was out with her friend at the beach where all the In Crowd hung-out Friday nights when it was warm. KC was there and showing off his surfing skills. Everyone was having a great time.

"Shit man did you see what we did to the nerd's car?"

"Yeah that was great."

"He deserves it right, first he's always around when anyone tries to get at the lil Indian chick and second how the hell does a poor lil shit like that get an RSX like that?"

"I know see how the lil bitch just runs way." it was then that the sounds of engines gunning could be heard coming from the parking lot. Someone came running to the top of the hill that over looked the beach from the lot.

"Hey there's a shit load of people up here getting really to trash some cars!" in a matter of seconds all the partiers were running up the hill to check on their cars. The parking lot was surrounded by tuners, street trucks and street bikes. The shit load of people turned out to be easily over a hundred people dressed in black and silver with their faces hidden behind their flags which made the 20 pissed off high schoolers stop in their tracks. And setting on one of the student's cars,

"Yo what up?" a hooded guy asked. "Hey go enjoy your party, don't lot ours stop yours!" he laughed in a rich Creole accent.

"Dude you on my car." One of the kids said to the hooded man.

"Shit I thought this was a chair sorry cuz!" he laughed again as he stood up on the hood and walked up over the window, roof and flipped off.

"Hey if you all don't leave I'm going to have to call the police!" KC said after stepping out to the front of the crowd of students.

"That's cool fucker. Seeing how we've done nothing wrong." The hooded man shoot back, "Wait I know how about I call them right now and tell them we have an adult serving minors alcoholic beverages?" to this KC had nothing to say.

"We brought our own stuff man!" some of the guys yelled as the girls said,

"Hey don't threaten him! You're just jealous! If you so big then show us your face!" the hooded man laughed louder.

"And if I'm plain look or ugly what would you girls do hmm? Treat me like shit, call me name well pretend I wasn't there to hear them? And how about you guys... bully me, beat the shit out of me, destroy my things, make me run errands and do you homework?" no one answered he then it was as if he singled out Rachael "And you the girl in the blue bathing suit what about you? What would you do?" she didn't know what to do or who this man was but there was something familiar about him.

"I would treat you with kindness and if you had a nice personality I'd even be your friend." To that he stopped laughing,

"Oh really... well Rachael Finch a lil nerdy told me a different story. Like how "It pays to be nice to them if their smart." Or at school you can't talk much since you're in to different clicks. Now what would you all say if I said you all know who I am. Since you've all treated me like shit at lest once in the last three years." He removed the hood and only Rachael knew who he was.

"What are you talking about Atreyu we've been friends since we were babies!" the others were stunned there was no way the nerd and this dude were the same person.

"Not since we started high school, you've just used me like everyone else. We were only friends when it benefited you. So tonight well you all party we'll do it as well. We celebrate the death of Atreyu the nerd and the reawaking of Atreyu the Bastard Prince, Ex-leader of SDW!" the crowd behind him cheered and howled their approval.

"Playtime over... See you Fuckers on Monday!" he said as he climbed on to a bike and race thought the crowd which parted for him. Then they all were gone the only sigh of them being there was the two cars they had stripped, leaving all the parts next to them.

Rachael spent the whole weekend trying to get a hold of Atreyu, but couldn't. So when Monday came she got up early and head over to his house to catch him before school.

"Sorry Honey their not here. Last night Atreyu took Caria to see family and spent the night with them." So she'd have to try at school. So once at school she went to were he usually hung-out the library. When she first spotted him the only thing that seemed different was his hair, it wasn't up in its normal pony tail. It hung resting just on his shoulders. As she got closer she was able to see other changes. He wasn't wearing the grungy thrift shop he normal sported but a pair of baggie black jeans and a silver and black button-up sleeveless hood which was unbuttoned. He looked up at her from his book, he no longer working the tinted readers but clear ones so she felt the full power of his garnet gaze which sprinkled in the morning sun light like his amethyst flush plugs.

"And what do I a lowly cretin own the Honor of being graced with your presents so early on this fine morn?" she could hear a slight nastiness in the sexy smoothness of his voice. He offered no smile with it, which was unlike him.

"What happened Friday?"

"I was only speaking the true don't think I don't know how you talk about me with you friends. Just because I act like a social outcast doesn't mean I don't have connections in this school."

"I've never said anything bad about you!" To this he smile, and throw her an mp3 player.

"Hit the play button."

So she did, "No, I'm only using him. Right like I'd date a reject like Atreyu. Why should I stop them, maybe he will learn his kind doesn't have a right to exit on the same level as the normal people! He should make everyone happy and just disappear!"

He stood up still smiling and walked over to where she was standing, "I never know you cared so little about me." His words were flat.

"No you see those..." he cut her off be placing a long finger against her lips,

"I know that's how you truly felt. There's no reason to lie anymore. You got your wish his gone and so is your best friend. Do you know the only reason he did what you said was because he was in loved with you and had been for as long as he could remember. You were the reason he quit gangbanging." He laughed, "Oh well right he's gone!" he took the mp3 player from her and placed a little plastic ring in her hand, "I won't need this anymore." His voice was so cold, he left her there cry as she held the ring she had give he for Valentines when they were children. She had given it to him as a promise that one day he would be her wife as she said at the time. She had always thought he had forgotten but it looked like he hadn't. But now it was all over.

By lunch Atreyu was a hot topic in the school. He had been invited to set with the popular kids at lunch, but blow them off sitting at his regular table with the nerds and geeks who had also gone under a dramatic change. Like Atreyu most sported clothes in a black and silver color scheme, and were a lot hotter then they had lot on. "What do you want?" one of the freshmen asked when some senior cheerleaders approached the table,

"We were wondering what happened one minute you all were like dog... now you like hotties!" There it was that sexy smile spread across Atreyu's face as he motioned for the freshman to sit down.

"Well I figured why should we keep putting up with the shit you and you friends are always dishing us. Shit I don't know about my crew but I'm fucking tired of having to hang my head low for some palmpise ass motherfuckers like you all." He didn't raise his voice at all and he never loss that smile.

"Hell-Yeah that our Bastard Prince!" the group shouted and howled their approval as the girls walked away disgusted that they had been told off. Rachael notice most of the once nerd group were sporting SDW logos or tats. So she went over to the teachers table to tell them about it. Soon a group of man teachers went over to the table,

"Mr. Valentino we have just been informed that you are or once were a gang member is that true?" he looked Mr. Kendrick the gym teacher in the eyes before answering,

"Well I don't see how that is any of your business and beside you have no right to bring this up in front of other students!" he said smugly. Mr. Kendrick had had it out for Atreyu for as long as Rachael could remember and also had a thing for her so she figured she would use it against Atreyu. For he had hurt her so she didn't care if he got kicked out of school right now. "The SDW is a social group made up of young people who are this schools outcast. It purposes is to provide a place for them to feel a sense of belonging." Atreyu stated.

"You have not answered my question!" Mr. Kendrick was losing his patients.

"You know if you do have any gang connections you and anyone connected to you will be expelled from school right." One of the other teachers added.

"That's cool. Well see what the school board has to say." His words were flat showing how much he cared. He turned his back to the teacher and raised his finger up in the air and made it circle. Then headed for the cafeteria doors as the teachers were shocked when the schools top twenty students got up and followed him out of the room.

No one show hide or hair of Atreyu or the other twenty students for the raise of the week. So Rachael was stunned Friday night when she and a group of friends went into the city to hang out and found Atreyu at the same hotel club they were. They were there to meet KC and a few of his college friend so she didn't care if he was there. Over the last few weeks Rachael had seemed to hit it off with him so when he asked her out she jumped at it, "Hey did you girls wait long?" KC asked as he and four guys meet up with the five teens.