Bully Pulpit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pi offered a smoky laugh. Nine. "None taken, this time."

"Delightful." Locke tried to breach a difficult subject but instead cleared his throat. Strong eyes moved to the window behind the demoness instead. "How is Abby? I have not had a chance to catch up with her for a few days."

"Oh now I see the reason for your calling." Pi's words were draped with teasing tones. "She is doing well but has thrown herself in studies from what she and Eddie have said. I supposed she is working on a portfolio. Mm, we should have you two over for dinner soon. Or you could ask her out to one for just the two of you?"

Ivy swung her head to glance between them before giggling. Her head bobbed in a knowing manner.

"I see in some respects you are about as subtle as my dear sister." Still Locke smirked and his cheeks grew red. "Do you have our number?"

"No, but I am sure I can get it from Abby or Eddie, yes?" Pi straightened up then slipped past them to flick on the lamps at the desk. Pressing a button next to the computer she stoked the overhead lights to life as well. Seven.

"Yes, yes you can. Well, I promised Ivy we would stop for some seafood before heading home and given the hour we should be going." He helped Ivy down with both hands before giving her hair a ruffle. In turn the clashing woman frowned at him. "Thank you, Miss Baker."

"Is there something else, Mr. Wolsey?" Pi's face turned impish in the shadows of her desk until all the lighting kicked on fully. Six.

Slowly Locke and Ivy exchanged a look before she made a small shake of her head. He nodded in agreement and brushed a hand over his hair. Then back to Pi he turned and blew out a long breath. "Not that I can think of, Eloise?"

"Are you sure? It seems that there is." Pi pressed with a pretty cant of her head and adjustment of glasses. Four.

Out in the halls Eddie was excited that he got out a few minutes early because it meant getting to spend just a smidge more time with Pi tonight. It was easy he found to make his way through difficult or boring classes when he had someone to go home to; even more so as he had two some ones now. On the days when he had to stay home Abby was around and when he had to go to school he'd wait for Pi in the library until her shift was over. Elation quickly flat lined as he turned the corner and was only two or three steps away from Richard Chadwick and his two goons. It looked like the sports 'star' was already in a foul mood. Great, just great!

True to form though the mathematician flashed a friendly smile and tried to slide around the brute. Rich went out of his way to tilt and knock brawny shoulder against one that while well-built was padded with too much internet use.

"Watch where you're going, Vance." Nostrils flared first from Rich then the other two.

Eddie blinked and rubbed at the spot on reflex. "Right good evening to you too, Rich. See ya." He even added in a roll of eyes before continuing on his way.

"Hey!" Rich growled.

Not bothering to turn Eddie kept walking. The less attention you gave bullies the better. He did give up a blind wave though. "Have a good one."

"You tell your four-eyed freak he better get shit done if he knows what's good for him and good for you." The words were pretty much spat out from Richard but Eddie just shrugged.

Great, the fucker was harassing Woodrow again. Just why the hell did he keep tormenting the poor guy? He wanted to toss out something like 'Grow up' or 'Stop living in high school dude.' Instead Eddie stayed silent and trudged on. The library and a sweet slice of Pi wasn't that far off and he didn't want to muck that up.

As predicted Rich went on his way and thus Eddie on his. Eddie tugged open the library door only to find Locke filling it and Ivy right behind. After a blink he laughed and slide to the side with a good natured nod. "Evening, Locke, Ivy. How are you?"

"Fine. Thank you, Edward." Locke nodded and held open the door for his sister.

Ivy gave Eddie a playful jab to the stomach as she went by. "Jealous that you live with Eloise. Ever walk in on her naked?"

"Ivy!" Locke's shock was followed with him taking her by the wrist and leading her away. "My apologies. We shall catch up soon, Eddie."

"Sure thing!" Words were sent along with a smile from the nerd. Eddie leaned against the library's doorframe until the pair was out of sight. When sniffing he caught the soft feminine scents of his infernal muse. Eddie leaned in and wiggled brows in echo of Pi's same gesture.

The succubus chuckled and crooked her finger. Her eyes were cast for the bedroom. When Eddie was half-way to the main desk she instead lifted the finger to stop him and then pointed over to Woodrow. He swiveled and eyes widened with concern. After nodding in silent agreement Eddie meandered over to his music absorbed friend who was staring out into the night. He tapped one of Woody's hands.

Eddie didn't speak up until his friend pulled out his earbuds and gave a weak smile. "Hey, you okay, Woodrow?"

"I'm fine. Just had a run in with Rich is all." The anime fanboy's voice was meek. "It's okay. How're you tonight, Vance?"

"I'm okay. Just stopping by to hang out here until Eloise is off work." At the corner of Woody's table Eddie barely perched with one hip. He tiled his head back to Pi, who was busying herself with paperwork across the room.

Woody's gaze rose before he adjusted glasses. He gave Eddie a shooing motion. "Well go hang out with the hot lady, Vance. I mean hell you don't need to sit here and mope with me. I'll be fine. Go on now."

"You sure, Woodrow?" Eddie rubbed at the back of his neck but stepped away.

"Yeah. I'll just stick around and doodle for a bit before heading out to eat. I'm supposed to catch up with Jeff tonight for dinner. I guess his folks are out of town." Woody pushed back in his chair. "So don't worry."

"Okay. Okay. But you'll tell me what's going on with Rich?" Eddie wasn't going to pass along the asshole's message. A lingering look was made to Pi who gestured hard for him to stay put with sucked in cheeks. The mathematician stifled a laugh before sitting at the table instead of leaving. "It seems I can't go hang out with her until you do."

"Great. Sorry, man." Fir turning off his player Woody then settled his chair proper against the floor again. He cleared his throat and scooted closer to his friend. From the volume of his voice it was obvious whatever he was imparting was mean to be a secret. "You can't breathe a word of this, even to her okay?"

"You two aren't dating are you?" Eddie smirked and then ducked out of the way of a swipe. "Sorry. Okay then, what's going on. I won't say I word. I promise."

Woody gave him two fingers. "Fuck off, Vance. Seriously. Anyway. You promise?"

"I promise. I promise." Off went Eddie's pack and it was set next to the button festered one. "So what's going on?"

"I've been cheating for him and his buddies since last semester." Deadpan Woody looked away and frowned. "You know how it goes. They've got more muscles than brains and need someone to make sure they make the grades they need to keep playing. I'm a smart kid that can't really defend myself. You'd think everything would change as we grew up but I feel like I am back at boarding school again. Only this time the twats can get legally drunk."

"Ouch. Yeah that's not good at all Woody. I mean this isn't like high school here. Or whatever you call it." Eddie frowned deeply and reached out to pat his friend's forearm. "You will get expelled when they find out and they will find out. Woody."

"I know." Wood groaned and shook his head. "I know. It's a bad situation because I can't talk about it official like now. However I told him last week we were done. Rich hasn't been too happy about that and chased me down today. He was pretty mean to Eloise."

"Pretty mean?" Despite his gentle manner Eddie growled. Not that he could actually hurt Rich unless he snuck up on the lug with a tire iron. "What happened?"

"He just grabbed her wrist and stuff. I'd talk to her about it. Locke stepped in thank goodness. Sometimes I wonder if Rich's just insane, I mean really." After slipping off his glasses Woody rubbed at now unfocused eyes. "He's so violent."

"Yeah. Well I'll think on it and see what I can come up with to help you, Woodrow, okay?" Eddie's hand squeezed once more before he let go. Sliding away from the table he stood and looked back over to his primary lover. "Try not to worry eh?"

"That's easy for you to say, Vance." Woody didn't smile this time but did bob his head. He slipped his headphones back in and gave a thumbs up. Out came his sketchbook. Yeah some doodling would cool his mind and help him figure out how to get out of this mess. If Eddie got involved it was going to get worse. He had to tell someone though.

"Trust me, Woody. I get things done." Eddie winked and wandered over to Pi. He didn't have any clue how he was going to get this all worked out. However that wasn't the point right now. Right now Woody needed to be reassured that everything was going to be alright.

The otaku shot his friend a disbelieving salute before flipping along to a fresh page. Woodrow's gaze caressed along 'Eloise' as the sultry woman was suddenly overflowing with giddy energy just to have Eddie drawing near. He absorbed the angles of her pose, drank in the pleasant rounds of her curves overlaid with the definitive lines of business clothing. Right then and there it struck the battered artist how artistically beautiful the librarian was; how damn lucky Eddie obviously was. He didn't feel envy but rather inspiration.

Pencil was set to paper, tearing away its virginity with a swift uncaring stroke.

12