Candy Dishes and Chocolate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, nothing like that. As hard as it may be for you to believe I'm actually here to offer you my help if you should need any."

"You? Help me? And you expect me to believe that?"

"No, I don't expect you to believe it, but the offer is there and it is genuine."

I handed her a piece of paper and said, "Those are my home phone and cell phone numbers. You need help for anything just give me a call."

"Why are you doing this? What's the catch? After what you did to me why are you all of a sudden pretending to be nice?"

"Look, you stuck a harassment complaint in my file at work. I never, not once, in all the time you were at the paper harassed you. All you ever had to do was say; "Stop, this is making me nervous and uncomfortable" and I would have stopped. That complaint will be in my file forever. A new production manager or HR manager who reviews the files will see it. In this day and age a harassment complaint is automatically assumed to be sexual harassment. Even if I left the paper and went looking for another job it would follow me. They would call for a reference and be told, "He is a good worker. The only blip on his record is the harassment complaint in his file." You think I'd get hired? That is what you hung around my neck. Was I pissed? You're damned right I was and I swore that I would get back at you for doing it to me and I did! But I also got it out of my system. I always liked you and I'm sure that you knew that. I'm not sorry for what I did, but I am sorry that you are in the spot you are in. I will help you if you need it."

She stared at me for several seconds and then she said, "Unreal. You are fucking unreal" and she got in her car, started it up and drove away. But she didn't toss my piece of paper away. I saw her put it in her pocket just before she got in her car.

+++++

She called me three days later. "Did you mean it? About helping me?"

"Yes, I meant it."

"I need to buy a Christmas tree and put it up. I can't wrestle with one in my condition. Will you go with me to help look for a tree and then help me put it up?"

Jennifer was very picky when it came to the tree she wanted. We hit four lots before she found one that was the right height and right shape. When we got back to her place she took me down into the basement and showed me where the stand and decorations were stored and I hauled it all upstairs and into her living room. I set the tree in the stand; put the star on top and then the two of us started stringing the lights. As I worked the lights around the tree I asked her if she thought her husband might come back.

"Not if the bastard knows what's good for him."

I raised an eyebrow at that and she noticed and said, "I wasn't quite truthful when I said he walked out on me. I mean, as far as I was concerned he walked out, but he didn't leave of his own accord. I threw his ass out."

"You are pregnant, not far from your due date, and you kicked the father of your child out?"

"I caught him screwing his secretary. He hadn't made love to me since I started showing, but he could screw that bitch on his desk in his office. I was downtown and I decided to stop in and surprise him and take him to lunch. I surprised him all right. I told him not to bother coming home because I wouldn't let him in. I threw all of his clothes out into the snow in the front yard and served him with divorce papers three days later."

"With no husband and no other children but the one you are carrying why are you even bothering to put up a tree?"

"Because my baby is due the 23rd and it will be her first Christmas and I want a brightly lit and decorated tree here for her when I bring her home from the hospital."

As we finished decorating the tree I watched her and I had a hard time believing that her husband, or about to be ex-husband, stopped making love to her when she started getting big in the belly. She was sexy as hell before she got pregnant and if anything, pregnancy made her seem even sexier. If I were him I wouldn't have been able to keep my hands off her. She caught me looking at her and asked me why I was looking at her like that and I told her.

"Really? Too bad you weren't around earlier."

"Why do you say that?"

"Pregnancy scrambles your hormones. Right about the time I started showing I entered into a state of perpetual horniness and that was right when Rory decided that I didn't appeal to him anymore."

"How did you handle it?"

"I masturbated a lot. If I'd known Rory was cheating on me I might have taken on a lover of my own."

She saw the expression on my face and said, "No, I don't usually talk like this to men, but since that night in the Wal-Mart parking lot I don't figure I need to pussyfoot around with you."

"Well, for what it is worth, if you had decided to take a lover I would have volunteered in a heart beat."

She gave me an odd look and we finished the tree without anymore talk. When it was done she thanked me for my help and I said goodnight and headed home.

+++++

Two days later Jennifer called me at work, told me she could use my help again and asked me if I could stop by her place on my way home from work. When she let me in she led me into the living room and told me to have a seat on the couch.

"I'm going to open a bottle of wine. I'm allowed one glass every now and then. Would you like a glass or would you rather have a beer?"

I told her that wine would be fine and she left the room. She came back a couple of minutes later with two glasses of red wine and she sat down on the couch next to me. I took a sip of the wine and then I asked her how I could help her.

"You are already doing it."

"What?"

"I know it probably isn't what you intended when you offered to help, but I just needed someone here with me. All my family is back east and with Rory gone I'm all alone. It is the holiday season and I'm alone. You don't have to stay if you don't want to, but I could really use the company."

I sipped my wine and watched her sip hers and the look on my face caused her to say:

"What? Why are you looking at me that way?"

"All things considered I just find it positively stupefying that you want me here. Maybe you don't have family here, but you must have a lot of friends."

"And they are all busy with their families during the holidays. Besides, I have an ulterior motive for asking you over."

"And what would that be?"

"I need to apologize for what happened to you at work and explain how it happened."

"Forget it. It is water under the bridge and besides, after what I did to you I'd rather not even go back and think on it."

"No, I need to explain. I did not file a harassment complaint against you. I didn't know anything about a harassment complaint until you told me about it that night at the Black Eyed Pea. I did go to Jill to ask her how to handle a problem and she said she would take care of it and the next thing I knew you were scowling at me and throwing me hateful looks.

"I don't know if you know it, but Maxine in Accounting is Rory's cousin and what happened is that she jokingly told Rory that he had better keep an eye on me, that I had an admirer at work who was trying to move in on me. Rory came unglued and ranted and raved and accused me of encouraging you and leading you on and he demanded that I put an end to it. I didn't say anything to you because I liked the attention. You were so nice, never did or said anything out of line. I didn't know what to do, but after a week of Rory wanting to know had I put an end to it yet I went to Jill and asked for advice and that is all I did. I swear to God that is all I did. She told me not to worry, that she would take care of it."

"Would you put that in writing for me?"

"Of course I will."

I sat there and stared at her and after several moments she asked,

"What are you thinking?"

"That I was much better off not knowing what you just told me."

"Why would that be?"

"Because now I have to live with what I did, both at Wal-Mart and the night I abandoned you in the parking lot at work. They didn't bother me when I knew I was getting even with you for what you did to me, but from now on it will bother me big time. I don't know how you can stand to have me here in your house."

"I concentrate on the memory of the nice guy who kept me in my favorite chocolate and gave me flowers on my birthday. Not that I wouldn't have gleefully cut your balls off that night at Wal-Mart even though it was the only sex I'd had in six months."

She topped off my glass and then we sat there without talking for several minutes and then Jennifer said:

"Just how far are you willing to go to help me?"

"Considering how guilty I'm feeling right now I'd say the only limit to how far I would go is that I won't murder your husband for you, but just about anything else goes."

She stared at me for several seconds and I could tell she wanted to say something, but was having a hard time getting it out. Finally she said:

"I told you that I've been extremely horny since I started to show and I've told you that Rory started ignoring me at the same time. All I've had to work with to satisfy that horny feeling are my fingers and my hairbrush. I need a man's touch Bob."

I stared at her as what she was asking slowly penetrated and I finally found my voice and said:

"You mean you want me to make love to you?"

"Yes and no."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm too close to my due date to want to have intercourse, but there are other ways that a man can get me off."

I knew what she was suggesting and I had no objection to doing it, but I had to ask, "Why me?"

"Two reasons. One, you did tell me that if I'd wanted to take a lover you would have volunteered and secondly, I've never been unfaithful to Rory - never even considered being unfaithful - and I wouldn't know how to seduce someone to get them to do what I would like. But after that night at Wal-Mart I feel that I can be blunt and open with you. So, you still want to volunteer?"

"Well I guess I do owe you one and you are one very sexy lady so yes, I'll volunteer."

"My bed is roomier and more comfortable than the couch. Shall we?"

She got up and headed for her bedroom and as I stood to follow I pondered on the way things had turned out. No way, not in a million years, would I have ever expected to be in Jennifer's bedroom and on the bed with her. I followed her into the bedroom and stood and watched as she undressed. Even eight months pregnant she was sexy as hell. Sexy looking and she had that 'glow' that pregnant women get. She looked at me standing there looking at her and she said:

"Why aren't you undressing?"

"I don't need to be naked to do what I'll be doing."

"Nonsense Bob. I said I needed a man's touch, but I also meant that I need to touch a man. I want bare skin Bob, I don't want shirt material. Please Bob, get naked for me."

I undressed as she got on the bed and then I went over, took her ankles in my hands and pulled her until she was sitting on the edge of the bed. I spread her legs apart and knelt down on the floor between them. I looked at her treasure and thought again of how stupid her husband had to be to not want this. I looked up and Jennifer's face and I saw the anticipation there and then I lowered my head and began to eat her pussy.

Jennifer moaned and cried and her body shivered and shook as I did my best to give her orgasms. She had two before she pulled away and sat up on the bed.

"Get up here with me, please? I want to do you while you do me."

I got on the bed and moved over her into the sixty-nine position and her hand took hold of my cock and started stroking it and after several seconds I felt her hot mouth wrap around it. Her belly made it awkward for me trying to get my head down to her pussy so I had to content myself with finger fucking her and working on her clit. She moaned and thrashed around and I gave her another orgasm just before telling her that I was going to cum. Her hands gripped my ass cheeks and she locked her mouth tight around my cock and she swallowed every last bit of what I spit out. I changed positions and looked down into her face and she smiled at me and then I leaned down and kissed her.

"Thank you. I needed that, I really did need that. Can you hold me?"

I laid down next to her and put my arms around her and we cuddled and then I fell asleep.

I woke up and looked at my watch and I saw that it was almost two in the morning. I got up and started gathering my clothes. I must have awakened Jennifer because I heard her say:

"What are you doing?"

"I need to get on home."

"No you don't. You are already naked and in bed here. There is no sense in getting up, getting dressed, driving home, getting undressed and getting back in bed. Just get back in bed here. It feels good to have a warm body snuggled up next to mine. What could I say? It felt great having her warm body tucked up next to mine so I crawled back in bed with her.

+++++

The next day was Saturday so I didn't need to crawl out of bed early. When I did wake up I was alone in bed and the smell of frying bacon filled the air. I dressed and wandered out into the kitchen and Jen gave me a smile and said:

"Good morning sleepy-head. Coffee is on the counter behind you. How do you like your eggs?"

"Break the yolks and fry them hard. How long you been up?"

"Maybe an hour. I'm usually an early riser."

We ate in silence, probably because neither of us could figure out what to say. I don't know what Jennifer was thinking, but on my side of the table was a guy who was not used to waking up in someone else's bed. I'd had plenty of women wake up in mine and it was always somewhat of a relief when we kissed goodbye and they left. I wondered if that was the thought running through Jennifer's mind. I found myself hoping not because I kind of liked waking up in hers. Jen interrupted my thoughts:

"What are you thinking?"

"Just trying to make sense out of this."

"This?"

"You know, my being here. After the way I treated you there is no way I should be here. You should run screaming at the mere sight of me."

"Blame it on my pregnancy. I have all sorts of mood swings and I end up doing strange things. I suppose a lot of it has to do with you saying that you thought I was sexy even thought I know I look like a beached whale, your offering to help me and then one of my mood swings coming along. Whatever, I'm not sorry."

"Neither am I."

"What are you doing today?"

"Clean my apartment, do my laundry and watch some college football. Why?"

"I was going to ask you to spend the day with me. Last night was nice, but it only took the edge off. Going without for over six months is hard on a girl, especially one who was used to three and four times a week."

"So what you are saying is that you want me to be your sex-toy for a day."

"And maybe another night."

I never knew that I could be so sexually satisfied without my cock ever once entering the lower holes on a woman's body. My apartment didn't get cleaned that weekend. My laundry didn't get done and I didn't see one minute of football, college or otherwise.

+++++

For most of the next week I either stopped by Jen's place on my way home from work or I called her to see that she was okay and twice she asked me to stay over. Saturday I squired her around while she did her shopping and then I took her out to dinner. On the way home I asked her how she was going to get to the hospital when it was time and she told me that her in-laws were set up to do it.

"Even though it is over between me and Rory they are the grandparents and they say that they want Janet in their lives."

"Janet?"

"That's the name I picked for my little girl. Janet Elaine.

"Does your husband plan on being there for the delivery?"

"I doubt it. I haven't heard from the bastard in two months."

When I got her to her house I kissed her and said I'd call and she asked:

"Aren't you staying?"

"Not tonight. I really do need to do my laundry and clean my apartment. I don't dare let it slide for two weeks in a row."

"Okay then, let's go to your place. I can do your laundry while you clean or I can clean the apartment while you do the laundry."

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Because I don't want to be alone right now and I'm comfortable around you."

"You can't clean house or do laundry in your good clothes."

"So I'll pack a bag, or better yet you spend the night here and then in the morning we will go to your apartment and do what needs to be done."

"Are you sure?"

"What I'm sure about is that I want your body next to mine tonight and if that is what I have to do to get it, yeah, I'm sure."

+++++

In the morning we headed for my place and stopped at a Village Inn for breakfast. I sat on the other side of the table and watched as she attacked her pancakes and wondered what it might be like to spend the rest of my life with her. I felt more comfortable with her than I'd felt with any other woman who had been in my life and that included my ex whom I'd thought I was madly in love with.

"What are you thinking" she asked.

"Just wondering about some things. When will your divorce be final?"

"Not until after the baby is born. Asshole wants a DNA test to prove he is the father before he will agree to pay child support. I'm not pushing it because the longer it goes on the more the lawyers will charge him and hitting Rory in the pocket book is what hurts him the most."

"What are you going to do after the divorce is final?"

"Try to convince the man I picked to be Rory's replacement that he can't live without me."

"And how is that man going to look at all this time you have been spending with me?"

She looked at me and was silent for a second or two before she said:

"You can't possibly be that dense."

It took another couple of seconds for what she had just implied to register on me and I sat there and stared at her absolutely stunned and speechless. I finally gathered my wits and found my voice.

"You and me? You can't be serious. You don't know me or anything about me. Not only that, but how can you even think of overlooking how nasty I was to you?"

"Yes, and how about how nice you have been to me these last two weeks. You have treated me like a princess. Girls like that in case you didn't know."

"But still, it is too way out to even think about."

"Not for me. I know it sounds weird, but I know it is right. I called you on a whim. I needed help and you volunteered and you did not hesitate when I called, you came right over. I didn't expect that we would even be able to get along for as long as it took to find a tree, but by the time we had the tree decorated I knew you were the one. Don't ask me how I knew, I just did. I am as sure of it as I have ever been of anything in my life. All I have to do now is convince you."

Things were getting way too deep for me so I dropped the subject and asked her how her pancakes were.

On the ride to my apartment I didn't of much else other than the bomb she had just dropped on me. Granted, I did feel more comfortable around her than I did with any other woman, and I had wondered what it would be like to spend the rest of my life with her, but I knew even less about her than she knew about me. I did think of her almost constantly, but I was that way with Annalise and look how my marriage to her had turned out. Jen said she, 'just knew' but I 'just knew' about Annie so I wasn't going to place a whole lot of faith in 'knew.'

But I could not deny that I was very interested in Jennifer and God knew that I loved waking up with her and wishing it could be a daily thing. Well, nothing was going to happen until her divorce was out of the way so I had time.

Jennifer took one look at my apartment and said, "Nope, won't do."