Can't Let You Go Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Isabela came to stand beside Douglas and grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze before leaning against his shoulder and whispering in his ear, "You're starting to look like someone just kicked your dog." His only response was a vague smile. "I'm sorry, Hawke," she knew her best friend well enough to know why he was upset. "Up for a ride later?" she smiled wickedly when he turned and looked at her before nodding his agreement. She gave him a wink and his hand a pleased squeeze before they turned their attention back to the blonde who was now eating the cupcake with relish. Douglas had to chuckle at the enthusiasm.

They stayed upstairs, chatting for a while until Anders started to look tired, unsuccessfully trying to stifle a yawn. The man other probably had to work today and most likely tomorrow also. Douglas couldn't resist the urge this time to brush the strand of hair back, "Are you ready to go? I can take you home if you want."

Anders looked down at Nathaniel, the man still glowering from the bar. Douglas had completely forgotten about him and tried to cover his disappointment at the coming no. Anders answered shyly, "Alright."

Douglas was shocked and smiled widely at the unexpected response. "Okay, well, wait here a second. I'll be right back." He walked over to Isabela, demanding as a best friend could, "Let me borrow your extra helmet."

Isabela chuckled, "Really? He's letting you take him home?"

"Yes. I was surprised too."

Fenris asked, "Why can't you just take the car?"

"I don't think he's going to give me any problems, Fenris."

"No, but the other might."

"I'm willing to take that risk."

"Then why do you bother paying me?"

"Fine, how about this? I'll call you; let you know I'm alright."

Fenris threw up his hands, "You're the boss, do what you will."

Douglas sighed, "I'll call you," knowing the other man wouldn't relax unless he knew Douglas was fine.

Douglas went through a hidden door and down a small hallway to his office, handsomely decorated in antiques while a wall of one-way mirrors looked out at the club. He made his way past his large, overly neat desk to the large walk-in closet. After changing into a tight black t-shirt, straight leg blue jeans and a pair of black boots, he put on his red and black chaps, grabbed his matching motorcycle jacket, gloves, keys, helmet, wallet and cellphone before heading back out into the hallway.

Isabela was waiting and holding up another helmet. "Good luck, tiger."

Douglas sighed and rolled his eyes. "You know my rule, Isabela."

She groaned back, "Of course, I do. I think you might want to forgo that just this once."

"What? So I can regret it more when he doesn't call back?"

"No, this time, so you don't when he doesn't." Douglas frowned at her, and she shrugged, "See you later, babe," and kissed his cheek.

Hawke reemerged from the hidden hall with the two helmets and the jacket. He held the coat out to Anders, who was looking at it wide eyed. "We can take the car if you want but then we'll have at least two other guests." Anders slipped the red and black leather jacket on and it was slightly too big for him, but he looked so cute in it Douglas had to smirk, helping him zip it up. "Let's go tell your friend bye."

Anders nodded and they made their way back to the bar, and Nathaniel looked a bit shocked to see Anders standing in Douglas' coat and Hawke behind him with two helmets. "What are you doing?"

"Douglas is going to take me home."

"I don't think that is a good idea. In fact, I think it is a terrible one."

"You worry too much, Nate. I'll be fine."

"You... on the back of a motorcycle with him? No, I don't think so."

"You aren't my father. You're supposed to be my friend but right now you just seem like a jealous ex."

"You don't know the real him, Anders, please!"

"It seems you don't either. Maybe one of us should actually get to know him before we start judgin' him."

Nathaniel shook his head and looked at the ground. Anders turned to leave and Douglas went to follow, but Nathaniel jumped up, grabbing Hawke's upper arm. Fenris went to remove the offender but stopped with a look from his employer. Nathaniel growled, "I swear, if you hurt him, I will kill you."

Fenris growled back, ready to eliminate the threat, but Douglas held up his hand and smiled at Nathaniel, replying, "Once again, I think you have me confused with someone else." He leaned in closer, smirking and whispering seductively, "But thank you for giving me some really wicked ideas." After removing the shocked man's hand, he nodded at Fenris, indicating he was done. The small man smiled almost gleefully at a chance to get a hold of Howe. Douglas lead Anders out the double doors after throwing a parting wave toward the flood balcony railing, already, he knew, abuzz with talk about him.

----------

Song sang:

Song Title: Sexy Back

Artist: Justin Timberlake

Writer(s): MOSLEY, TIMOTHY / HILLS, NATE / TIMBERLAKE, JUSTIN

12